Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 11:06 AM   #121  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Thanks Lizzie... I hope everything is ok...

I've actually been thinking of trying to come up with a "basic" plan for the day that I could base my "menus" on... I've been thinking of working around something like this...

B: 4oz to 6oz of Protein
Fruit (some berries, or some melon, or maybe some grapefruit)

L: 4oz to 6oz of Protein
1 cup veggies
2 cups salad

D: 4oz to 6oz of Protein
1 cup veggies
2 cups salad

For "dessert" some berries with 1tsp of cream... and for snacks 1 or 2 oz of a hard cheese like chedder and/or 1 to 2oz of macadamia nuts...

And as far as fats go... Limit myself to 1 tbsp of cream a day in total for my coffee and berries and anything else... Limit myself to 1 tbsp of butter for the day for my cooked veggies and to cook with... and 1 tbsp of EVOO a day also to add to veggies and salad if I like... and 1 to 2 tbsp of salad dressing...

I just have to see where that comes out calorie wise... Since I know it will definitely be good carb wise...
Old 04-08-2015, 02:12 PM   #122  
Heading Downtown...

So I stuck to my menu "template" for lunch...

L: 4oz tuna packed in olive oil
1tbsp pesto mayo
2cups mixed salad greens
1oz grape tomatoes
1tbsp creamy ranch dressing
1cup cooked broccoli w/1tsp butter

Also I've decided to add a fiber supplement before my main meals to hopefully help with some "irregularity" issues that I've been having...

So that all comes in at 488 calories and only 9g of net carbs so far... And since I'm not feeling all that creative today I'm planning on having basically the same salad and veggies for dinner... and I'll do 6oz of grilled chicken breast for my protein...

I'm going to see if I can stay away from snacking today... even if they are "plan friendly".... I'm just going to have some tea with lemon instead...
Old 04-08-2015, 08:03 PM   #123  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Hello everyone!

Having a great week so far, been staying around 21-22 net carbs:
today ended with 21 net carbs, 1201 calories
11% carbs
56% fat
33% protein

I'm 17lbs from a healthy bmi and I hope to lose another 3-4 lbs this week!
I love that I don't crave carbs and sweets at night now, that was my big downfall.

goodluck you all seem to be doing so good, tripswitch 15 lbs to goal, awesome, I hope to be there by Saturday!
Old 04-08-2015, 10:24 PM   #124  
Heading Downtown...

That's great skelley! I know for me I got a real psychological "boost" these last few days once I hit that 15lb to go mark...

So this evening I stuck to my plan for dinner and with the rest of what I ate today wound up with 1322 calories total for the day and 21g of net carbs... I did wind up eating a bit more protein, so I added some more fat to balance it out... So not as big an overall calorie deficit as I would have liked... But definitely should be good to keep me on track for at least a 1.5lb loss this week.... hopefully more... will see...
Old 04-08-2015, 11:17 PM   #125  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Default New to Atkins

Hi Everyone!
Been looking for a new plan to get this weight off before summer (bathing suits, boating, beach!) so ready to try Atkins. I do use MVP so I'll reset my fat, protein and carb goals. Then read these posts to figure out how to get started.
I did MRC a few years ago and lost over 35 lbs but after reaching goal-gained back the weight. Rejoined last year- lost 15 and am stuck for a couple months. Time for a new plan!
Old 04-09-2015, 10:06 AM   #126  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
Hi Everyone!
Been looking for a new plan to get this weight off before summer (bathing suits, boating, beach!) so ready to try Atkins. I do use MVP so I'll reset my fat, protein and carb goals. Then read these posts to figure out how to get started.
I did MRC a few years ago and lost over 35 lbs but after reaching goal-gained back the weight. Rejoined last year- lost 15 and am stuck for a couple months. Time for a new plan!
Hey bigdog,
I just posted on your quote on the MRC site, go to the atkins site and you will find everything there to get started, the main thing is induction which you do for two weeks and it's to stay at 20 net carbs and eating what is on the acceptable foods list, then taking carbs and subtracting fiber to get your net carbs. If you look thru this forum you will find a lot of answer too. Goodluck keep posting and asking questions. MFP has been a blessing after I changed my macros to 5% carbs, 30% protein, 65% fat. It's awesome
Old 04-09-2015, 10:18 AM   #127  
Motivated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
Hey bigdog,
I just posted on your quote on the MRC site, go to the atkins site and you will find everything there to get started, the main thing is induction which you do for two weeks and it's to stay at 20 net carbs and eating what is on the acceptable foods list, then taking carbs and subtracting fiber to get your net carbs. If you look thru this forum you will find a lot of answer too. Goodluck keep posting and asking questions. MFP has been a blessing after I changed my macros to 5% carbs, 30% protein, 65% fat. It's awesome
I am SO excited!!! Read some of the materials last night and loaded the app on my iPhone. Thks for posting about Atkins on the MRC site- I was like - yay! This would be perfect for me
I have a lot of reading to do!
Old 04-09-2015, 11:37 AM   #128  

S/C/G: 154/145/130

Height: 5'-6" roughly

Skelley - are those officially Atkins ratios? I have his DANDR but haven't checked or even know if ratios are mentioned.

What is the MRC site?

Have a good day everyone!

Last edited by Crimzon; 04-09-2015 at 11:44 AM.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:44 AM   #129  

S/C/G: 154/145/130

Height: 5'-6" roughly

TripSwitch - that looks like a good plan. I get derailed in the late afternoons. Good intentions to start though:

B - Eggs, butter, 1/4 small Avo, Decaf with Tbs cream.

I'll report back later with the rest.

Last edited by Crimzon; 04-09-2015 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Addition
Old 04-09-2015, 12:17 PM   #130  
Heading Downtown...

Hi Everyone!

Welcome bigdog! I would suggest picking up a copy of DANDR and going by that... and any questions and we'll all do our best to help...

Crimzon DANDR doesn't use ratios, but those ratios are ketogenic and they keep carbs very low...

So far I'm sticking to my menu "template"...

B: coffee w/2tsp of organic pastured half & half
4oz cottage cheese
2oz smoked salmon

L: 6oz grilled chicken
1cup cooked broccoli w/1tsp butter
2cups mixed salad greens w/2tbsp creamy ranch dressing

D: ???... but I'm seriously tempted to just do a repeat of lunch, since I just made a big batch of stuffed shells for my family AND I'm certainly not having any of those... lol... my family has been bugging me to make them... so I did... ah... the things we do out of love.. But seriously, I had absolutely no craving for them at all while I was making them... talk about a MIRACLE!!!

I'll check back in later with totals.... Have a GREAT DAY ALL!!!
Old 04-09-2015, 06:01 PM   #131  
Heading Downtown...

Well... All I can say is 1200 calories sure does add up fast...

So I wound up having 4oz of tuna packed in olive oil, instead of chicken breast for my protein at lunch... and since I didn't grill any chicken breast there was none leftover for my dinner protein...Oh, well... so being extremely lazy, especially after going to all that work this morning to make stuffed shells for my family which I can't eat... I decided to just grab 6oz of tofu out of the fridge and put some pesto on it and have it with broccoli and EVOO... and I broke down and snacked on 1oz of some Cabot Alpine Cheddar which I really like, but I have to be really careful with because I can easily overeat it...

So calories are at 1209 for the day and net carbs are 24g... So I really need to call it a day... I'll just keep telling myself "THE KITCHEN IS CLOSED!!!" and try to go to bed early...
Old 04-09-2015, 06:42 PM   #132  
Motivated Member

DANDR? I'm a total newbie so will have to look that up? I did Weight Watchers for 15 years, then as I got older, low carbs, high protein work and keep my energy levels up.
MRC (Metabolic Research Center) for a few years on and off - stopped working- tired of its limits, counselors and $ spent.
I'll start Monday on Atkins and in the meantime will be stalking your posts for info.
Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution. DANDR. I think I actually have that paperback from a few years back. Amazing amount of info online too. Woo hoo!

Last edited by bigdog; 04-09-2015 at 07:01 PM.
Old 04-09-2015, 08:30 PM   #133  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimzon View Post
Skelley - are those officially Atkins ratios? I have his DANDR but haven't checked or even know if ratios are mentioned.

What is the MRC site?

Have a good day everyone!
Crimzon:
the ratios are what tripswitch uses and it works for me and it actually is about 20 net carb, MRC is Metabolic research center where you only eat what is on their menus until maintenance then you just count calories but your limited to their menus and I couldn't stick to it. It's a good program if you can stick with it. Atkins allows more freedom. With MRC you have to drink their protein drinks thru the whole program.
Old 04-09-2015, 08:31 PM   #134  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
DANDR? I'm a total newbie so will have to look that up? I did Weight Watchers for 15 years, then as I got older, low carbs, high protein work and keep my energy levels up.
MRC (Metabolic Research Center) for a few years on and off - stopped working- tired of its limits, counselors and $ spent.
I'll start Monday on Atkins and in the meantime will be stalking your posts for info.
Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution. DANDR. I think I actually have that paperback from a few years back. Amazing amount of info online too. Woo hoo!
I get all my information on the website but I've read the old DANDR and I've read the new one. So far it's working for me! I'm excited to weigh in this Saturday!!
Old 04-09-2015, 08:35 PM   #135  
Sherry, Senior Member

Hi All,

My day ended with 1,159 calories, 22 net carbs and got 5,098 steps in yahoo!
Breakfast: 3 strips bacon, Mocha latte atkins shake
Lunch: Atkins scrambled eggs w/bacon & cheese
Dinner: big leafy salad w/1 boiled egg and shredded cheese, ranch dressing
Snack am: atkins chocolate carmel square
Snack pm: mocha latte shake

It's 8;30 here in Indiana and no cravings, I'm loving it.
Closed Thread