3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Atkins (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins-226/)
-   -   Daily accountability and support! Please join in! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins/301190-daily-accountability-support-please-join.html)

healthyin2015 12-26-2014 10:45 PM

Daily accountability and support! Please join in!

Anyone interested in daily accountability?
I am sure that life will get in the way and "daily" might be only a couple of times a week - at times, but that would still be positive and helpful.
I will start. PLEASE join me if you want.
I started back on Atkins yesterday. I have failed many times in the past.
My SW was 244.3.
Yesterday and today (242.3) I had pretty much the same thing:
A cup of black coffee, had a green smoothie (spinach, pepper, and broccoli with water - Nutribullet is great for that kind of stuff). No, it didn't taste great but wanted to get my veggies and didn't want to use fruit or protein powder to "doctor it " up. Other things I ate EACH DAY: 2 chicken thighs, 1 English cucumber, almonds, small salad (no store dressing just salt, oil and apple cider vinegar), cheese.
I feel full and don't crave much of anything right now.
Yesterday I didn't do any type of exercise but today I walked 3 miles on the treadmill.
Good luck to each and every one of us on this journey to health!
I would love to have others join in.:) We can write about good days and challenging times, what we eat, exercise related "stuff", ask and answer one another's questions and just be there for one another. I know that accountability really works for me!
There are some incredibly supportive and kind people around here. Just three of the wonderful people here are Lulu NH:) and wannaskipandlaugh:) and JerseyGyrl.:)
I can't wait to get to "meet" other wonderful people, offer and receive support and just help one another "stick with it".

Lulu NH 12-27-2014 07:00 AM

2015 is my year too!! And thanks for the kind words!! You didn't fail in the past your journey was on "pause" healthyin2015/Futurehealthyme! I took 15 pounds backwards after maintaining for a bit - around October I really started struggling and bouncing up and down on the scale - now I am ready for downdowndown! Truth is I should have been at goal by now but I did not practice Atkins like I should have....it's a journey...another lesson learned!! Best wishes for an on-plan day!!

wannaskipandlaugh 12-27-2014 09:12 AM

I think this is a great idea! Future/Healthy - I thank you for this as yes.. posting daily (besides just the weight) is a great way to keep in touch, get/give help and support and well... converse with nice, wonderful, compassionate and lovely people! I am ALL in for that!

I am starting the day. I see so much bad food around me still and the old adage (don't waste money and throw away good food) is ringing in my head. I have cookies I made, Chocolates from my trip to Disney. At least all the pizza and cakes are gone - whew. I know the chocolates and cookies can be frozen...hmmm... I can bag them up and bring them to work for the clients.. hmmmmm... sounds like a plan! But that is my task and quandary for the day... to throw away food that is not good for me. How do you all do it (especially with family members as I live alone which should be easier) ? Just do it?! I remember Sex in the City and Miranda and her CAKE episode where she wanted to attend the Betty Crocker institute for cake addiction LOL she threw the cake away and poured soap on it LOL That always made me laugh as it rang so true to me.

So today...
Breakfast - Scrambled 1 egg and 2 sausage links
Lunch - left over grilled chicken and romaine lettuce, cheese, dressing
Dinner - a cup of my Buffalo Chicken mix (chicken,cream cheese, mayo and wing sauce) heated up and eaten stew stylel

This is a more typical eating day for me when on plan... so I CAN DO IT! I also need to MOVE More I have only been walking 3000+ steps when for months and months I was moving 10,000 steps.

As they say... small steps LOL

OKAY... I won't be this long I just had to put this in writing for ME to read again :) Thank you for letting me take up space. I am so honored to share this space with you all!

JerseyGyrl 12-27-2014 09:26 AM

Healthyin2015, I'm curious, are you doing Atkins Induction?

healthyin2015 12-27-2014 12:28 PM

Ladies, it is so wonderful to "see" you all again!
Like I wrote on the V's Day thread, I can't believe that it has been 2 years.
Lulu NH, you are so right, it is a journey! Your willpower is incredible. I could have gotten so far in two years but have been very weak. Now, rather than let this thought sadden me, I will focus on the positive and the fact that I am trying hard and wanting to succeed now. I can't change the past but I can sure do something about the future.
wannaskipandlaugh
Yes, I think you are right yet again: get rid of it all. It is harder to resist possible future temptations with "bad stuff" around. You could take it t o a local"Soup Kitchen" where it would be served as dessert to (homeless or struggling financially) people who would REALLY appreciate it.
Your eating plan for the day looks great!
As for moving, yes, I understand your struggle. I have a hard time getting on the darn treadmill but feel so much better when I am done. I will try to think of my "after exercise" feelings before I get on it.
JerseyGyrl
I am not sure if I am doing the Induction 100% but am not counting calories, drinking water like crazy, keeping carbs under 20 a day and avoiding forbidden foods like fruit, etc. Your recommendations are always right on and greatly appreciated!
Ha, almonds are NOT allowed!!! Good catch! OK, NO almonds anymore! Like I said, you are always so helpful. Your question made me loo at the list again and figure it out! Thank you. Maybe it me helped ease into it for the first two days! Focusing on the good but giving yummy almonds up.

Right now, I am on break for another week. It is easier to start now rather than wait till I am back at work.
Starting on Christmas Day was carefully planned in my head. :)I thought, why wait, why not today? Now, I most probably wouldn't have done it if I had family and/or guests over, or have gone over to their houses for Christmas dinner.

TODAY
12/27 - 240.9 (still losing water, I know)
Eggs and a small smoothie (only spinach, pepper, cucumber and water)
Chicken thighs with mustard (weird, but I like it)
Salad (oil and apple cider vinegar for dressing) and some sort of meat for dinner.
Exercise: walking 3 miles

Have a wonderful day, Ladies!

JerseyGyrl 12-27-2014 01:44 PM

Healthyin2015,
Not trying to be a fussbudget but, smoothies (even though they are from veggies on the Induction foods list) are not Atkins.
If you are interested in doing Induction by the book, my advice to you would be more fat and be sure you are getting 12-15 carbs of veggies a day.

healthyin2015 12-27-2014 05:32 PM

Dear JerseyGyrl,
You are NEVER a "fussbudget" or anything like that. What you are is a wealth of knowledge, kind and helpful. I appreciate you!:)
Please let me explain.
I read the book (got it from a friend a long time ago).
Smoothie is the wrong word. What i do is literally taking one cup of spinach, 2 pieces of broccoli, one slice of pepper and placing them in the Nutribullet with one cup of water. I add absolutely nothing else. This doesn't change the caloric or carb content, just the form it is ingested in. Does that make sense?
I mean, I could place all these on a plate and eat them while I drink a cup of water and would be the same thing, just slower to ingest.
As for fat, you are once again right. I am eating chicken with the skin on, add oil to my veggies, salad, etc, fry eggs in oil, eat cheese.
I did buy some fresh ground pork (nothing added to the meat) today, plan on cooking it and adding it to salads or lettuce wraps. It is yummy and fatty, at the same time.
Cheese is tricky for me, I LOVE IT but it is an inflammatory element and flares up my eczema (like all other dairy). I love having a little each day but should only have a couple of times a week, if that.
What do you think? What else could I add as healthy fats?
Yes, my carbs are mainly from the veggies I eat each day: spinach, broccoli, pepper, cucumber, lettuce. Few carbs are from cheese (when I do eat it, more often than I should), eggs, etc.
As always, thank you so very much for taking the time to offer guidance.
I am very grateful for your help.
Have a great day!:)

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar098...165/240.9/.png

JerseyGyrl 12-28-2014 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by healthyin2015 (Post 5108602)
Dear JerseyGyrl,
You are NEVER a "fussbudget" or anything like that. What you are is a wealth of knowledge, kind and helpful. I appreciate you!:)
Please let me explain.
I read the book (got it from a friend a long time ago).
Smoothie is the wrong word. What i do is literally taking one cup of spinach, 2 pieces of broccoli, one slice of pepper and placing them in the Nutribullet with one cup of water. I add absolutely nothing else. This doesn't change the caloric or carb content, just the form it is ingested in. Does that make sense?
I mean, I could place all these on a plate and eat them while I drink a cup of water and would be the same thing, just slower to ingest.
As for fat, you are once again right. I am eating chicken with the skin on, add oil to my veggies, salad, etc, fry eggs in oil, eat cheese.
I did buy some fresh ground pork (nothing added to the meat) today, plan on cooking it and adding it to salads or lettuce wraps. It is yummy and fatty, at the same time.
Cheese is tricky for me, I LOVE IT but it is an inflammatory element and flares up my eczema (like all other dairy). I love having a little each day but should only have a couple of times a week, if that.
What do you think? What else could I add as healthy fats?
Yes, my carbs are mainly from the veggies I eat each day: spinach, broccoli, pepper, cucumber, lettuce. Few carbs are from cheese (when I do eat it, more often than I should), eggs, etc.
As always, thank you so very much for taking the time to offer guidance.
I am very grateful for your help.
Have a great day!:)

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar098...165/240.9/.png

Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate them very much:)

If you can drink veggies mixed with water in a nutribullet....more power to you! I couldn't. But, my question is, WHY??? It certainly can't taste good:barf: Veggies with butter or veggies sautéed in coconut oil sounds much more appetizing:) You will also "kill 2 birds with 1 stone" since you will get your veggies & your fats. Win, win situation.

Cheese, although it is permitted on Atkins Induction, is a common staller for a lot of people (myself included). Keeping it to 1 - 2 ozs. every few days has worked for me. Butter, Mayo, Full-fat Salad Dressings, Heavy Cream, Half a small Avocado, Coconut Oil....all excellent sources of fat. Be sure you are also having protein with your fat. In other words, if you are having eggs, have protein with them. If you have a salad for lunch, have a protein with it.

I hope this helps. Once you get started, this will soon become 2nd nature.

All the best to you!!:)

healthyin2015 12-28-2014 12:46 PM

Today's weight is 240 (.9 drop)
Today's plan
coffee (black) and 2 boiled eggs
1 chicken leg (roasted) with veggies sautéed in either oil or butter
Salad with lots of veggies, and more chicken
Snack: pork sausage and veggie sticks
NO cheese
I think I will look at cheese at a once a week (Sunday) treat (in the amount allowed not too much!!)
Walk 3 miles.
Clean the house! I like a nice, thorough clean on Sunday as during the week I don't have the time for the in-depth type of cleaning. Even if I still have a week off, I will continue this routine as it works for me:D
I followed yesterday's plan BUT ate too much cheese!!:nono:

JerseyGyrl,:)
FANTASTIC ideas, thank you!!!
The reason for the not so tasty "smoothie" is lack of time in the morning before going to work. It takes 30 second to do it this way. But, I can sauté them like you said (the night before) for lunch and/or on the weekends, for breakfast.
I can also add them to a yummy omelet made with oil or butter!
Sometimes, I just don't want to eat the veggies and the darn thing is fast and easy to drink.
I will most definitely work on adding more of the fats you mentioned or pay closer attention to naturally fatty foods.
Have a great day!

wannaskipandlaugh:)
I hope that you are having a great day, sticking with it!
What did you decide to do with the "forbidden" foods?

Lulu NH:)
Have a great day! How was dinner with your friends?

Later Ladies!

wannaskipandlaugh 12-29-2014 06:44 AM

Healthy.. you are doing great! and Jersey Girl knows the ropes :)

Me.. I still have the bad food here... I am bringing a bunch of my cookies to work today and freezing some. There is nothing left in my fridge now (thank goodness) and I did not take home leftovers from my bad dinner last night. I am still looking for that strength and commitment. You all are showing me it! :)

Today....
Breakfast - 1 egg, 1 sausage patty, butter
lunch - 3 oz blackened turkey (Boars head) mayo and 1 oz provolone
dinner - romaine lettuce and chicken, ranch dressing, shredded cheddar, bacon,bits
drinking my good ole ice tea and cold water all day.

Here's hoping to being on plan TODAY!

jessiegreene 12-29-2014 09:11 AM

Breakfast: 4 eggs in butter and bacon grease, coffee with 3 oz heavy cream

Lunch: roast beef, mayo and provolone rolls X 2, Salami, bacon rolls X 5, hard boiled eggs X 2, Cherry peppers X 2 servings and grape tomatoes X 10 (this will also serve as snack through out the day)

Dinner: Tilapia in butter and bacon grease and cauliflower with cheese.

mom2threebratz 12-29-2014 11:10 AM

i decided this morning i was starting atkins had a cup of coffee and two eggs now time to go shopping

healthyin2015 12-29-2014 02:32 PM

12/29: 239.6
Welcome momtothreebratz:)! Have fun shopping and getting everything you need!
jessiegreene, that sounds yummy! I love tilapia!:)
wannaskipandlaugh, yes, get rid of the temptations. Best choice and good thinking!:) You are strong, you can do it! I would give all the cookies away either to neighbors, at work or a local soup kitchen, but that is just me. Knowing that I have them, would be too much temptation on difficult days when I struggle with will power. You know what is best for you!:)
Plan for today
Coffee and 3 boiled eggs, 3 small pickles
2 chicken thighs with salad (1 chicken thigh and salad for lunch, one chicken thigh and salad for dinner). Salad: romaine, pepper, cucumber, a little broccoli, oil and vinegar, salt.
Snack on veggie sticks and pork sausage(ground and cooked)
Lots of water
Start drinking green tea without any sweetener.
Walk either 3 miles at 0 incline or 2 miles at highest incline!

Good luck and have a wonderful day, Ladies!:D

I forgot to share, I am buying beef soup bones today and making bone broth. Google it, it is amazingly healthy and full of amino acids, calcium, natural gelatin, etc. Can't wait to make it!
Also, I am getting some zucchini for baking with some Parmesan and sausage!
will let you know how they turn out! :)

carvinmom 12-30-2014 03:09 AM

Daily account

Hi,
it's been some time since I've been here. I'm struggling with my weight and said I'd never gain it back. I'm a little rusty on reply, quote, etc. so hope I'm posting this right . I've been debating on where to start and I ended up here, must be an omen@@@ .. I started my food program today and hope to join the rest of you.. Breakfast. Bacon and eggs with coffee and.cream.for lunch I had
Protein drink, and for supper I had veggie chow mien with Asian salad.. Trying to get more greens in.. Had some pistachios for evening snack...
So good luck to us all in our journey of making the right choices....May I offer my support to everyone... One day at a time!!!

wannaskipandlaugh 12-30-2014 06:50 AM

Welcome to you all who have just joined! We all are on a mission to succeed and we CAN DO IT! :)

I was good most of the day yesterday and still struggling with the countertop stuff. If I wait long enough they will be thrown away. I was On plan 3/4 of the day.. and walked.. so I am working my way to being Perfect on Plan again.. getting there! (So Close!)

Today:

Breakfast - 1 egg with 1 oz cheddar cheese and 2 sausage links
Lunch - rolled up Blackened Boars Head turkey and 1 oz Provolone, Mayo
Dinner - Either a "Sue" salad (Romaine, meat, dressing and bacon/shredded cheese) or 3 oz of my Buffalo Chicken mix (Chicken/cream cheese/Mayo/Wing sauce)

Gonna DO IT today! Yep I am.. I WILL be back under 230 tomorrow! YES I WILL.. Walking again tonight too! :)