Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 11:28 AM   #241  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaloula View Post
That sounds really good! I've done something similar with asparagus. Steamed it, cut off the tips, blended everything else and then put the tips back in. It's yummy!

Ooh, that was me today, too! You can do this!!!
I've done that too with asparagus and it is yummy!
Old 04-21-2015, 11:49 AM   #242  
Heading Downtown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
Read in the cookbook about low carb flours, soy flour and even Atkins flour. Said they could be found in health stores or order online.
I've always wanted to try the low carb "flours" too.... But I'm not much of a baker.... But I might have to give them a try...

Oh, and I saw you used a raspberry vinaigrette that you said had 6g of carbs... the other day I decided to try the Maple Grove brand "sugar free" raspberry vinaigrette (I picked it up at Walmart)... It's sweetened with Splenda, which I'm not a fan of, but it only has 1 carb per 2tbsp serving... and only 5 calories... Anyway, I tried adding a tsp or two of really good EVOO to it and put that on my salad and it was OK... So only 1g of carbs and some healthy fat that is pretty tasty as far as I'm concerned for my salad... So I think it might be my new solution in that situation... And it helps keep calories down too as well as carbs...
Old 04-21-2015, 06:15 PM   #243  
Heading Downtown...

So today was the day that I finally did it.... I went RUNNING!

And to be honest I can't believe how good I felt... Probably helped that I'm about 30lbs lighter than the last time I did it... But I was really surprised... I guess I'm not in as bad shape as I thought I was... So that is a very good thing!

Came home and had a very nice lunch... Big salad and some tunafish... But the only problem with running for me is that I'm usually ravenous later and feel "entitled" to eat whatever I want because I went for a "run" that day.... Which might work for maintenance but not for weight loss...

So I'm probably going to have to deal with some extra "cravings" tonight... Oh, well... C'est la vie!
Old 04-21-2015, 06:35 PM   #244  

Hello...

I had a Caprese salad today for a snack and that is so good and filling.. I started using the Atkins Community to log in my food and noticed that Under Atkins food, there is a recipe that one can put into their favorite.. I purchased the light fresh mozzarella cheese, vs. the full fat.. Not much difference really, but enjoyed it. I grow my own basil, so used that from the garden..

I went back and read some previous messages and saw that there were some MRC people here.. Me, too.. I could not stay on maintenance with them, it just did not work, so tried Atkins a long time ago and am back again. I will report my weight at end of week.

I am trying to use real food for snacks vs. Atkins, but we shall see, that may change. I am still in induction until mid next week..

Dee
Old 04-21-2015, 08:14 PM   #245  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Hello,

Well I ended my day pretty good: 1293 calories 42 nc, 14 g fiber
walked 3,977 steps and feel pretty good
Oh and I mowed grass with a push mower and raked afterwards and burned 556 calories !!

Will weigh in Saturday and post hopefully a loss! Goodluck to everyone

Last edited by skelley331; 04-21-2015 at 08:15 PM.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:07 PM   #246  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

It was a pretty good day in all. I need to plan better for the days I will be in Tucson most of the day.

1300 calories, 19 net carbs
Old 04-21-2015, 10:39 PM   #247  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSwitch View Post
I've always wanted to try the low carb "flours" too.... But I'm not much of a baker.... But I might have to give them a try...

Oh, and I saw you used a raspberry vinaigrette that you said had 6g of carbs... the other day I decided to try the Maple Grove brand "sugar free" raspberry vinaigrette (I picked it up at Walmart)... It's sweetened with Splenda, which I'm not a fan of, but it only has 1 carb per 2tbsp serving... and only 5 calories... Anyway, I tried adding a tsp or two of really good EVOO to it and put that on my salad and it was OK... So only 1g of carbs and some healthy fat that is pretty tasty as far as I'm concerned for my salad... So I think it might be my new solution in that situation... And it helps keep calories down too as well as carbs...
I'm learning how to cook so if I can do it- anyone can. Lol! My DH is an Exec Chef- I now have a wok, griddler deluxe and crock pot
I had bought the Marie's Raspberry Vin. Before I started Atkins and am too cheap to throw out- crazy I know! 2TB is 50 cal, Fat 3G, carb 7G!!! Dang!!!!!! I'll throw out or add EVOO and vinegar and dilute it!! My MRC buddy suggested oil, vinegar and puréed raspberries w no sugar- I'll have to try that.
I did throw out my caramel vanilla creamer. Maple Grove brands is pretty good- much better than Walden Farms dressings.
Woo Hoo on the running high!!

Last edited by bigdog; 04-21-2015 at 10:44 PM.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:15 PM   #248  
Motivated Member

24.9 carbs and 1587 calories

B. 2 boiled eggs, Atkins strawberry banana shake, coffee w whipping cream
S. Celery w pepper jack cheese
L. Shredded cabbage salad w flank steak, sunflower seeds, grated Parmesan cheese, raspb dressing
S. 2 slices bacon, Atkins choc pnut bar
D. Same as lunch, coffee w whipping cream

Had the munchies all day and was hungry. Almost grabbed my DH's chips and chocolate cupcakes-,I then looked at the carbs on the cupcakes - 35G and was like - they are not that good or worth it!
Crazy day at work so glad I had the celery to crunch on when I really wanted Cheetos
If I show a gain in the am- the raspb vinegarette will b trashed!!

Last edited by bigdog; 04-21-2015 at 11:21 PM.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:46 PM   #249  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Do you have room for me here? I am coming back to Atkins after a 25 year absence. Been trying to lose by calorie counting and it is not working.

Today is day one for me on Atkins and I am starting the Induction Phase.
Here is my food choices for today.

Total for today 12 gr Carbs, 89 gr Fat, 132 gr Protein

Breakfast
Generic - Egg - Fried - Extra Large, 3 Egg
Clover Valley - Jalapenos Sliced, 1 oz. - 30g
Butter - Unsalted, 2 tbsp(s)

Lunch
Lettuce - Iceberg (includes crisphead types), raw, 2 cup(s)
Oil - Pure Vegetable Oil, 1 tbsp (14 g)
Heinz - White Distilled Vinegar, 1 tsp(s)
Golden Corral - Rotisserie Chicken (Breast/wing), 1 piece (breast/wing) 6 oz.
Golden Corral - Rotisserie Chicken Small Leg and Thigh, 1 piece 3oz
Fish - Talopia - Baked, 12 oz
Walmart - Butter, 1 Tbsp

Dinner
Lettuce - Iceberg (includes crisphead types), raw, 1 cup(s)
Chicken - Breast, meat only, cooked, roasted, 4 oz(s)

Snacks
Mt. Olive - Delicatessen Style Pepperoncini, 2 oz about 4 peppers
Radishes - Raw, 10 medium (3/4" to 1" dia)

Beverage
One 8 oz Black decaf coffee with no sweetner added
Ten 8 oz glasses of water
Old 04-22-2015, 09:45 AM   #250  

Larry....
Welcome back... I am also coming back after a long time on Adkins.

Dee
Old 04-22-2015, 09:49 AM   #251  

I mentioned yesterday I tried the Caprese Salad.. Today I gained one pound. That is the only item added to my induction that I have not been eating, mozzarella cheese, so will hold off on that for not...

How many are on induction? Ones that are not, did you stay on the 14 days or longer?

Thanks
Dee
Old 04-22-2015, 02:42 PM   #252  

Bigdog

You mentioned you borrowed a Dr. Atkins Recipe Book from Library. May I ask the exact title of it if you still have it? I want to borrow from library.

Thanks
Dee
Old 04-22-2015, 05:27 PM   #253  
Heading Downtown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpm3060 View Post
I mentioned yesterday I tried the Caprese Salad.. Today I gained one pound. That is the only item added to my induction that I have not been eating, mozzarella cheese, so will hold off on that for not...

How many are on induction? Ones that are not, did you stay on the 14 days or longer?

Thanks
Dee
I did Atkins '72 and kept carbs well below 20g total (not net) each day... I did that for a month... Lost 14lbs, but 4 or that came right back (water weight) which is perfectly normal...

It's important to realize that day to day fluctuations of sometimes up to 3 or 4lbs are completely normal... If you weigh everyday it helps to average out the last 3 days to get a better picture of what's really going on...

Last edited by TripSwitch; 04-22-2015 at 05:32 PM.
Old 04-23-2015, 12:43 AM   #254  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

My post disappeared!

Larry, welcome back!

Dee, I am (probably loosely) following DANDR and adding more foods in after induction by still trying to keep my carbs around 20/day. Ita with TripSwitch that it could just be a normal flux.

Today was *much* better!

I had a mock danish again for breakfast, taco salad for lunch and Denny's prime rib philly steak sandwich (w/o bread) and broccoli for dinner. My morale is much better today and I looked up a bunch of low carb recipes on Pinterest and Linda's Low Carb Recipes website.
Old 04-23-2015, 01:51 AM   #255  
Motivated Member

28.1 carbs and 1811 calories

B. 2 eggs. 2 slices bacon. Coffee w cream
S. Atkins peanut butter bar
L. Shredded cabbage. Flank steak. Sunflower seeds. Rasp vineg.
S. Sun Chips. (At an event and hungry!). I did skip the pizza at work lunch while everyone else was gorging on it!! Almonds
D. Same as lunch plus Atkins Strawberry banana shake and coffee w cream

Lots of water! My clothes are looser, my stomach is flatter- scared to weigh in though- lately have been hungrier.
We have been busy at work so have been stepping up the activity

Good luck everyone!
Closed Thread