Old 01-14-2013, 08:23 AM   #1  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

Default January Chat

I'll start it! I love the daily thread idea. I'm in the 20s chat, too, but would really like one specific for WW.

So, I'm Danielle, 29, married, no kids, rejoined WW last week after a 2 year hiatus where I essentially just maintained even though I was trying to lose. I'm still figuring out the 360 PP+, but so far so good.

I had a question though - is it ok to use my flex points for alcohol? I keep my eating 100% OP, but I used my flex this weekend for alcohol.

I get 35 points a day and here's what I'm eating:

breakfast: Vitamuffin Top [3pts]
pb2 (it's powdered peanut butter that you mix w/ water. I was a total skeptic but it's AMAZING!) [2pts]
banana [0pts]

lunch: homemade lasagna [13pts]

dinenr: Hillshire Farm Smoked Turkey Sausage [8pts]
1c. rice w/ green pepper, tomato and onion [5pts]
1tbsp lite butter [1pt]
green beans [0pts]

snacks: 1/4c. chobani yogurt w/ spices [1pt]
carrots [0pts]
grapes [0pts]
cherries [0pts]
asian pear [0pts]
mini babybel light [1pts]

Total: 34pts
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:36 AM   #2  
Start WW - 1/21/13

S/C/G: 233.6/233.6/135

Height: 5'6

This is perfect - thanks so much!
enchanted desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:40 AM   #3  
Start WW - 1/21/13

S/C/G: 233.6/233.6/135

Height: 5'6

Hi Danielle and all who follow,

Using a few points for as alcohol is fine as long it isn't,t too much AND you are getting your healthy guidelines in. You have done an amazing job
enchanted desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:21 AM   #4  
It's me, Ashleyyy!

S/C/G: 291/~/185

Height: 5'8"

Hello there! I am fairly new at WW, back at it for 6 weeks. Thursday will be my 7th meeting. I am a teen librarian/student. My sister and I are doing WW together. We can both use the motovation. So far I am really loving it. Trying to get more active, organize my spaces, and have healthy routines. I have a daily allowance of 44 pts. Today my menu looks like this:

Beakfast:
Thomas Bagel Thin (everything): 3pts
1 oz smoked salmon: 0pts
1.5 tbsp Tofutti Cream cheese: 1 pt
Tomato and red onion. (all were stinky, all were delicious)

am snacks:
Apple: 0pts
1 Crustless Meatless Meatball mini quiches (say that 5 times fast): 2pts

Lunch:
Homemade Lentil soup: 4pts
Spinach Salad with feta, almonds, dried cherries (no dressing): 3 pts

pm snack:
Celery sticks and seltzer water 0pts

Dinner:
Not quite sure yet, something with shrimp. estimate 10pts

Dessert:
5 c. 94% ff popcorn: 3pts
celebration bar 2pts

Total 28
unused 16
smashlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:55 AM   #5  
Queen of Everything

S/C/G: 178/169.5/150

Good morning ladies ( and gents?!? ) I hope everyone had a great weekend!!!

Going into week 3 of WW and I'm down 8.5 lbs. Did my first Zumba workout last night ... WoW!! lol ~ 20 minutes of Zumba 1 and 44 minutes of Zumba 2 ... burning approx 700 calories between the two! Good thing no one was watching tho ~ lol ... I'm sure it would have been a rather entertaining show!

You guys made these things y'all eat sound so yummy!! lol .. I'm notta cook, so I stick mainly to the smart-ones, at least for lunch everyday.

This mornings breakfast was a Fiber One muffin ( 2 pts ) and a yogurt ( 0 pts ) ... Today is the first time I've put this combo together so I'll have to see how it works.

Smashlers ... I saw that you had 16 unused points ... do you not try to use your allowed points per day? I thought they wanted us to do that? Granted, I've never actually 'joined' - only gathered info from the web / friends, and I'm still using the regular WW rather than WWP ... But, I thought they wanted us to use them all?

Happy Monday ... Hoping for -2.5 this week ... What do you guys have set?! Lets do this ... We are in control !!!!
MagicEyez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:10 PM   #6  
It's me, Ashleyyy!

S/C/G: 291/~/185

Height: 5'8"

MagicEyez- They do! I just struggle to finish them all! Maybe I will have some wine to even myself up for the day!
smashlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:51 PM   #7  
Queen of Everything

Gotcha!! Sounds like a good plan to me!!

Sometimes I'm the same way - cant reach my points ... But on other days ... I look down after a mid day snack and think to myself ... Why did I do that?! I've only got 6 left for the whole day!! lol ...
Old 01-14-2013, 06:34 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 220.5/185/140

Height: 5'7

Hey ladies!!

Today was a good day! I have only been doing ww for 1 week, today. I lost 9.5 pounds my first week. I'm still in shock! I'm always hungry so I have several snacks throughout the day! I get 31 points per day. Here is what my menu looked like today!

Breakfast
Coffee w/fat free creamer 2pts
Bagel Thin w/fat free cream cheese 4pts

AM Snack
Banana 0pts

Lunch
Roasted squash and mushrooms 2pts (2pts because I used olive oil to cook)
Baked chicken 4pts
Lowfat string cheese 1pt
Strawberries 0pts

Early afternoon snack
Apple 0pts

Late afternoon snack
Strawberry Yogurt 2pts

Dinner will be...
Boca meatless burger 2pts
Wheat hamburger bun 3pts
Low fat string cheese 1pt
Broccoli w/ranch dressing 3pts

Dessert
WW Ice cream sandwich 4pts

Total: 28pts
Unused: 3pts

And I will have a few points left over if I get hungry before bed, but I have been trying to eat fruit or veggies!

I hope you all had a great day!!

Last edited by oksoitsjen; 01-14-2013 at 06:35 PM.
oksoitsjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:26 AM   #9  

I am following your thread, very interesting. I am going to visit a WW meeting on Saturday to see what it is all about. They told me it would cost 42.00 a month to do meetings and on line. I am looking forward to checking this out.
chickadeee55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:31 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

Great first week Jen!!! What nice motivation to keep going for this upcoming week

I'm trying to get back into the swing of things. Christmas traveling threw me for a loop and I have been become way too dependent on sugar since then. It's CRAZY!!!! But my goal that I set for myself this week was to see if I can go all week without sweets. I just need to curb that sugar high a bit. I am going out of town this coming weekend, so that might prove a bit challenging, but I am going to try my best
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:17 AM   #11  
Sassafrass

Good Morning Ladies!!! Nothing quite ruins your Friday like realizing it's only Tuesday.

------

enchanted desert - Yes, I limit my drinking to only one day a week but do throw a few back, especially during football season. I havent strayed from my points yet, though. Slow and steady.

smashlers - The first time I did WW it was with my dad. It was great to have someone to lean on and bounce ideas off of! Are you a vegetarian?

MagicEyez - I rarely have the whole "didn't eat all of my points" problem. What yogurt are you eating that has 0 points?

oksoitsjen Congrats on your HUGE loss!

chickadeee55 Enjoy your first meeting! It's $42 to go to the actual meetings and about $18 to do online. I've done both, but I'm currently doing just online. I feel that if I stay active enough on 3FC that I get a lot of the same type of support here. Also, I wasn't huge on the group of people at my meeting. I'm 29 (26 at the time) and the average age of my meetings was 112. It's all about finding what works, and if you stick to the WW plan - it does work.

Chele615 - The Holidays...err should I say Holimonth... was brutal for me and now I'm trying to lose what I "found" during that month. Good luck traveling this weekend!

---------

I'm going to have to investigate these "bagel thins." It seems to be a common food among WW'ers. Stayed POP yesterday and feeling great! I'm getting back into my gym routine today, but I'll be honest - I'm nervous about points and exercise. I'm doing a spin class tonight for 60 minutes and when I throw it into my tracker it says +16 points. WHAT? PLUS 16?! That seems CRAZY! So, do you guys eat back any/all/none of your exercise points? I'm even more nervous because I do triathlons and start training in March which means I'll be doing 90-120 minute work outs... I can only imagine the points for those...geeze! Help!

Breakfast
Coffee w/ FF 1/2 and 1/2 [0pts]
Vitamuffin Top Deep Chocolate [3pts]
PB2 Plain [2pts]
Banana [0pts]

AM Snack
Strawberries and Cherries [0pts]

Lunch
6oz shrimp [4pts]
Peppers/onions [0pts]
FF Salsa [0pts]
2tbsp Light Sour Cream [1pt]

PM Snack
Chobani 0% plain w/ herbs [1pts]
Baby carrots [0pts]

Pre Gym
Pear [0pts]

Dinner (post gym)
8oz Shaken Bake Chicken [10pts]
Loaded petite red potatoes [7pts]
Bacon Green Beans [3pts]

Total: 31pts
Unused: 4pts

Also, so it was 6oz'ish raw shrimp which my tracker says is 4pts; however, it's only 7 cooked shrimp which my tracker says is 1pt....thoughts?

Last edited by SoMuchFattitude; 01-15-2013 at 09:01 AM.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:45 AM   #12  

SoMuchFattitude Thank you so much!! I haven't worked out yet. Today will be my first day, so I have no idea what I will do with my points.

Chele615I can't stay away from sweets. I have been eating the ww ice cream sandwiches and fudgepops. They are sooooo good and only 2-4pts per serving. So worth it!!

I have no idea what my meals will be all day because we are having lunch delivered. It could be really good or really bad. We will see. But so far I have had...

Coffee w/creamer 2pts
Thomas English Muffin 3pts
Strawberry Jam 1pt
Banana 0pts

I will update later with how lunch went!!
Old 01-15-2013, 10:45 AM   #13  
Queen of Everything

I would like to know the scoop on the shrimp as well .. I had baby shrimps (grilled, while everyone else got fried) for dinner last night ... (maybe quarter sized) and I'm trying to figure out the points I should write down for them. I didnt eat them all ... So I put my left overs in a salad and brought it for lunch today!

** Jennifer, HUGE congrats on your - 9.5 - that is beyond awesome!!! Surely you are super stoked and totally proud of yourself!!!!

** SoMuchFattitude, I've recently discovered the new Dannon Light and Fit with Fiber ... 0 pts if you're on the old system. Thats what I did last year when I lost 20 lbs (put 12 back on when I lost my job and became depressed) but I pretty much knew the old WW inside and out, so I stuck to that rather than going to WWPP. This isn't the same yogurt I have been eating, my mom got it for me thinking she was getting the 'right' one, which was 1 pt ... and this one actually works out better! I'll try to snap a picture of it and put it on here ... I searched the internet and cant even find what she ended up getting! Weird!!! ** +16 for a spin class?! WoW!! That seems like a lot!! But, I did that class one time (and only one time) and its tough! BRING A SEAT COVER if you've never done 'em!!!!!! Trust me, you wont regret it!! I thought I had bruised area's that were supposed to be bruised, it was terrible, even called in sick the next day to work I hurt so bad!!! ( ) I typically dont use my 'activity' points. Not unless I've done a HARD CORE workout (like spin) but even then, if it told me I got +16 I'm not sure I'd go for that ... Maybe use +5 for the day or something ... I'd feel 'not right' if I went for many more than that.

I did another 45 minutes of Zumba last night on my wii ... said I burned 548 calories ... I tell ya ... I'm not sure which is better ... the work out, or the laughs ppl could get if they watched me doin it!!

I've got a few of the girls in my office that are trying to stay on 'track' with WW as well ... They are always coming in asking me questions but I do not mind in the least little bit!!!! Keeps all of us on our toes!!!

OH, and I got the best email EVER yesterday!!! I signed up for a meet and greet with my FAVORITE country artist, who I will see in concert (for the 5 or 6th time) Sunday night * Gary Allan * .... and ... I WON!!!!!! What an important week to push myself for sure!!!!

PS ~ Happy Tuesday!!!!
Old 01-15-2013, 10:48 AM   #14  

MagicEyez How is Zumba?! I have always wanted to try it! But I am so nervous about it. I am not coordinated at all!! HAHAHA!
Old 01-15-2013, 11:09 AM   #15  
Sassafrass

MagicEyez - I'll have to keep my eyes open for that yogurt! And yes - we are spin regulars and I try to spin once or twice a week. DH and I are avid bike riders..well DH is a cyclist and does serious mileage on his bike. I capped out at a 33 mile race and then told him he's nuts but feel free to keep on! Spin is the next best thing when it's cold and wet out! Those seats are certainly something until your body gets used to them. After a couple of weeks it doesn't bother you anymore. It also has a lot to do with the positioning of them. I love spin now, but it is definitely an acquired taste.

Ask your office people about the shrimp points! Maybe they'll know! haha!

Congrats on Gary Allen!!! DH and I saw him in concert last year. LOVE love love him!