Old 01-20-2013, 03:19 PM   #91  
Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 295/sig/175

Height: 5'9

Well I suppose I should say some things about myself...

I am 21, turning 22 in May(didn't I just turn 21? Eeek!) and I work full-time and go to college part time. I'd love to turn that around and go to school full-time with part-time work but as I'd like to be moving out of my parents house to experience some freedom and indepence I decided my long time in college would be made better if I had my own place. We'll see what happens.

I also love cats! I have always had a cat who loves me, or at least pretended to love me, and my mom's friend's cat just had kitten and they're saving one for me! My parents aren't cat people so they don't really want me to have her so that's another reason for me to move out.

My major is declared as English but I'm going to change it to a dual-language major here pretty soon. I have always had a passion for languages and I decided, after taking my first language course, that I really want to do something like be a language professor at a college. I love college. I love the professors and all the interesting people. My dual-languages will be German and French, though I wish they taught Korean there since I hope to spend some time there teaching.

My ultimate goal in life is to be teaching a language at a college, living in a more country-esque area of the world in a cabin that gets it's energy from natural sources. It's just how I picture myself growing old. I might do it alone but hopefully I'll have an SO by my side. ^.^ Hopefully by that time my marriage will be recognized like a heterosexual marriage would be recognized by the government. To be clear, I don't identify as any one sexuality. I think love comes in all forms. But when I see myself settling down it's always with a woman. I hope that doesn't make anyone uncomfortable, I just thought I'd throw it out there since it's a big part of my life.

I think this is getting long and rambly....

As for WW, I did well yesterday until I got home to find pizza. One downside of living with my parents is that I have to come home and see whatever they're eating and of course they're always willing to share. I was going to try to work out the points but my binge brain kicked in and I probably ate 50 points of pizza. I'm just going to start fresh today and aim for the rest of the week to stay in my daily points until it resets my weeklies.
thewalrus0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:34 PM   #92  
Come on, skinny love

S/C/G: 290/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Hey Walrus... I gotta say... track that pizza. Even if it's a freakin ton. Even if you ate the whole dang thing. Even if it's a hundred points. The only way Weight Watchers works is if you are honest with yourself. You ate it, now own it.

Pizza is definitely something you can have on Weight Watchers. If you have a hard time controlling yourself, then track FIRST, before you eat. use the Pizza cheat sheet on the website. Plan how many points you can "spend" on pizza, then take that amount and enjoy the heck out of it.

Step one has to be "Start now". Not "Start kinda today, then decide I'm going to start for real tomorrow".

Start now.. even if you screwed up. Track it, own it, forgive yourself, and move on.
Veneficae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:24 PM   #93  
Start WW - 1/21/13

S/C/G: 233.6/233.6/135

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone,

So glad to see you all posting I had suggested this thread last weekend and then struggled with the flu all week I will start posting regularly tomorrow!

You are all doing great
enchanted desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:53 PM   #94  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewalrus0 View Post

My ultimate goal in life is to be teaching a language at a college, living in a more country-esque area of the world in a cabin that gets it's energy from natural sources. It's just how I picture myself growing old. I might do it alone but hopefully I'll have an SO by my side. ^.^ Hopefully by that time my marriage will be recognized like a heterosexual marriage would be recognized by the government. To be clear, I don't identify as any one sexuality. I think love comes in all forms. But when I see myself settling down it's always with a woman. I hope that doesn't make anyone uncomfortable, I just thought I'd throw it out there since it's a big part of my life.
I'm certainly not uncomfortable. I live in Canada, and am very grateful to have the choice to marry who I want, which so happens to be Aurora (Rory for short).

We were just talking today about how every time you meet someone for the first time, join a group, get a new job, and so on, you have to re-introduce your lifestyle. Every time I introduce my wife, or vice versa, it's like coming out all over again, day after day. It gets a little exhausting. Please do not feel as though you need to explain you, your sexuality, or any other life choices you make. There's a great saying that I once heard, "Everybody needs somebody." I can't necessarily speak for the other ladies (who I doubt have missed in my posts that I talk a lot about my wife ), but we are here to support each other in our major life goals, not judge each other.

On the topic of something much more important, our environment and global warming, the one thing that really impressed me was that you want to live an energy-wise lifestyle, my kind of person! We have our own compost, use a ton of compostable products, and try to avoid packaging whenever possible. Some would call us hippies... I like to think of us as what it will look like to live on our planet in the future (if there is anything left to live on when humans are done with it). Oh, dear. I've gone off on a tangent, haven't I? LOL!

Thanks for sharing.
MandeLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:28 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 220.5/185/140

Height: 5'7

I think everyone should feel comfortable here. This is a judgement free zone. We all have the same goal, and that is to be healthy...nothing else should matter =)

I hope you all had a great weekend. I weighed in this morning. I am down 2 pounds from last week. I'm a little bummed, I thought it would be more, but I guess a loss is a loss. Hmmpff.
oksoitsjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:53 AM   #96  
It's me, Ashleyyy!

S/C/G: 291/~/185

Height: 5'8"

Oh JEN! Please believe me, lol, you are not gonna have AMAZING AWESOME 9.5 lbs every week. I WISH. (PS, I will pop stuff in the recipe builder for ya too, if you want)

I just know that I am having a crappy week. Since weigh in on Thursday, I have drank booze, ate out twice. My choices when I ate out were healthy and not totally off plan, but not knowing EXACTLY what is in something is risky for me. ALSO.... I am a ball of emotion and fatigued like a crazy woman.. it can only mean one thing... the dreaded TOM. BOOOOOO

Last edited by smashlers; 01-21-2013 at 09:54 AM.
smashlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:09 AM   #97  
Onward & Downward

Good morning!

New here... I introduced myself above but just wanted to say hi here.

I like your post, Jen. So supportive.

I hate those types of weeks, Smashlers. *hugs* You can get back up and do this. We can do this! I hope you have a better day.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
LuvCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:20 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

Hi girls!! I'm back from my weekend trip to Canada for the skating nationals (just as a spectator...haha. Customs thought I was competing there!! If I wasn't terrified they would not allow me into Canada, I would have laughed out loud at that!). I actually lost weight while up there!!! Woohoo!! We stayed in a hotel that had a mini fridge/microwave/stove, so my friends and I stocked up at a local supermarket and brought snacks with us so that we wouldn't have to live on arena food for four days! Down 1.4 pounds this morning from what I weighed on Thursday before I left. So excited

Hope everyone is having a good start to the week!!!
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:54 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 220.5/185/140

Height: 5'7

smashlers Thank you so much! I ate more crap than usual. Lots of candy. I counted points for it, but I can tell that It makes such a difference!

LuvCats So glad you're here!!!

Chele615 Glad you had fun and so glad you're back =)
oksoitsjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:50 PM   #100  

Well, I made it through most of my real first day on WW. I hope everyone posts their menus, I need some help knowing if I am doing this right and also it is great to get ideas from others.

This is my normal stress eating time of day, and today I had a 1/2 cup of coffee and a cup of yogurt with alittle granola in it. And that is where I am stopping until dinner. Which will be chicken and veggies. I only have 8 pts left for dinner.

I have an odd eating time table, I don't really get a lunch at work during the day so I have to eat small snacks to get me through til 2:30 in the afternoon when I go home. But I am hoping to make wise choices for those snacks.

I am 57, and work in health benefits. I am married and we have two wonderful dogs. (I envy you cat owners, I had a cat for 16 yrs he was the bestest cat ever, never got another one it was too hard when I had to let him go.) I love to sew and make quilts and machine embroidery. We live in the country in the middle of the woods, so it is pretty close to living in God's country. Life would be perfect if I didn't have to go to work everyday. LOL

Hoping to get support for my new adventure with WW from this forum. I want to try the using the receipe builder I have some receipes that I am curious how they will measure up on WW's. I did register on line for WW's too, so lots to learn for me.

Question, where can you buy WW products - are they only available at the meetings. I bought some WW BBQ Pop chips that are great. Just wondering how many products they offer. Esp for snacks.

Thanks for reading this, hope everyone has a great evening.

Last edited by chickadeee55; 01-21-2013 at 06:02 PM.
chickadeee55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:57 PM   #101  
It's me, Ashleyyy!

Hey Chickadee! Week one down! Congrats! I have seen some of the food at my grocery store (Kroger) but I am pretty sure they sell some at Walmart? I don't really buy the food cause I think it is a rip off. And if you have etools, using e scanner app at the store is just as easy... For a while my iPhone camera was broken, so I had to manually enter in the bar codes! Oh no!

Today's Menu:
Breakfast.
Bagel thin, 3pts
Tofutti cream cheese, 2 pts
Veggie bacon, 1pt

Snacks
Crustless quiche, two for 4 pts.
Strawberries, 0pts

Lunch
Spinach salad with feta and almonds 2pts
String cheese, 2 pts
Granny smith, 0pts.

Pm snack
Simply Hershey, 2 pieces 2pts. (I NEEDED THIS, TOM)

Dinner
Sandwich thin 2pts
Deer sloppy joes 3pts (so good)
Home made fries (baked) 2 pts

I have 23 used
21 unused... I just don't feel good, and I went crazy this weekend.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:24 AM   #102  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Oh God - the weekend - oh the long, glorious, booze infested, food infested weekend.

I weighed in on Saturday and lost 6.6lbs in week 1. I expect this week to be non existent, or perhaps a gain. It is only Tuesday and I'm 15 points over for the week. I stayed POP until Saturday night and all of Sunday... Which means I'm hitting the gym hard this week to try and make up for some of the weekend damage. We went to 3 parties this weekend and I eventually drank my weight in Bourbon.

HOWEVER - I still tracked everything, which is amazing for me. I also havent stepped on the scale since Saturday which is also huge for me. I get a bit obsessed...and not in the healthy way.

But hey! -6.6lbs. I took about half of my "Holimonths" off in a week. WOOHOO!

I have two rotten cats that are little terrors, but I love them.

Breakfast
Vitamuffin Top - 3pts
PB2 Chocolate - 2pts
Banana - 0pts

Snack
2 Kiwi - 0pts
Yoplait Light + Fiber - 1pt

Lunch
Sandwich Thin - 3pts
Roast chicken - 2pts
2% American - 1pt
Tomatoes, Lettuce - 0pts
1/4 avocado - 2pts
Waferbites - 1pt
Pear - 0pts
Bell Pepper - 0pts

Snack
Celery - 0pts
Hummus - 2pts

Dinner
Hot Ham & Cheese Panini - 9pts
Healthy Choice Tomato Soup - 5pts

Snack
Popcorn - 3pts

Total Used: 34
Total Left: 0

Last edited by SoMuchFattitude; 01-22-2013 at 12:36 PM.
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:27 AM   #103  
It's me, Ashleyyy!

SoMuchFattitude: You've lost over 100lbs!? That is amazing!What plan were you on to do such a great job?
Old 01-22-2013, 10:26 AM   #104  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

smashlers - 1/2 me and 1/2 WW.

I lost about 50lbs on my own and without really trying. I came off of Birth control because the hormones in it was giving me seizures and I lost about 50lbs alone when I came off. Then I joined WW and lost another 60lbs. I stopped WW for 2 years because for some odd reason I thought I'd do great on my own! I basically maintained my weight loss for 2 years, but stopped losing. Last year I started doing triathlons and training ungodly amounts. I lost 20lbs in 3 months, but then had some drama in my life and put 20lbs back on throughout the course of the year and Holidays. I've taken 10 of those 20lbs back off.

So, I just got back on WW and hopefully I'll pick back up where I left off and take the rest of my weight off. Especially since Triathlon season is about to pick back up which means I'll live in the gym. My only fear is balancing activity points when I'm training. It's actually a huge concern of mine because of the distances/amounts of time/endurance of my training. I haven't done WW and endurance sports before so we'll see how it goes.
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:01 PM   #105  
Queen of Everything

S/C/G: 178/169.5/150

Good Morning Ladies!! I hope everyone had an amazing weekend!!!! I see some new faces, I love it!!!

I didn't have a real success on the scales ~ that was kind of a bummer ... only down -1.5, which is upsetting seeing as I'm tracking everything and even picked up doing the zumba ... But, I did have a friend ask me yesterday if I've been losing some weight ... so maybe I'm losing a few inches right now?! Errr, I dont know ... truthfully, the small change didn't settle very well with me, I was pretty upset. Speaking of Zumba (and seeing all the love for cats on here) ... I had to show you guys the picture I took yesterday of Missy, while I was working out ... Totally outta control !!!!!! lol ... Also, I attached my picture from getting to meet Gary Allan this weekend ... Best 2 minutes of my life!!!! hahahah ... I did (gag) eat a McRib on my way home from the concert cause it was 115 in the morning and nothing was open ... Promise 'ya this ... I wont eat another one!! Yucky!!! I saw on the internet it was a 13 pt sandwich, which probably didn't throw me over in points for that day ... but TOTALLY not worth it!!!!

We have a kinda long driveway at our house ... so yesterday after I did my zumba, I went out there and would alternate between jogging down and walking back ... Did that ... 3 times each. I'm hoping my Biggest Loser Wii Game comes in this week ... I'm also thinking about checking into the 30 day shed ... thing?!? lol .. I don't know much about it.

SoMuchFattitude ** 100 lbs ... you ma'am ... are amazing!!!!! And congrats on your -6.6 ... I'm so jealous!!!

chickadeee55 ** Congrats on your first week through ... That alone is a huge step!!!! You've got this!!!

LuvCats ** Welcome aboard!! All these ladies are amazing ... as if you havent figured that out yet huh!!!!

thewalrus0 ** Girl, I feel ya on the pizza, that is my total weakness!!!!!

Maybe at the end of the month we can total up how much we've all lost and see what the grand number is all together ... That could be fun!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Missy.jpg (31.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg ga2.jpg (40.4 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by MagicEyez; 01-22-2013 at 12:02 PM.
MagicEyez is offline   Reply With Quote