Old 01-24-2013, 08:22 AM   #121  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

It's ALMOST Friday...and it's spirit day at work so I can wear jeans, so now it feels like Friday....but it's not. Cruel mind games, I swear.

--------

MagicEyez - When I exercise like crazy I put weight on initially. I think my body is afraid I'm trying to kill myself and its bulking up in preparation for the "war" it thinks we're about to enter against my brain. :lol2: I'm telling ya! Take your measurements!!!

MandeLea - Thanks! Hmm...I can't think of any like a furnace/fire/sewing needle. I only get freaked out after watching creepy things (like "The Following" on Monday night.) And now I'm kinda freaked out about N. Korea "carrying out nuclear tests" aimed at the US. That's horrifying.

smashlers - ok, why magnets? lol

straightahead - I didn't track exercise when I was on WW 2 years ago for some odd reason and decided to 100% do everything this time around. I've worn a heart rate monitor and I burn between 900-1000 calories in spin. I don't know how that calculates into points, but I know it's a good burn. HAHA!

-----------

I have slept terribly this week and last night was no exception. I woke up from 3:30-5am and when I wasn't awake I was having nightmares. WTF? And those weird nightmares that don't make any sense but scare the crap out of you when you wake up and then you forget them. lol. I vaguely remember being on some sort of scavenger hunt and resulted in death if you didn't win. WHOA. Freaky, right? Dreams are SO weird.

Anyhow - I'm so struggling with the gym. I don't start training for our Tri Season until March with a group of people. I went once this week and I know it'll be brutal come March, but I just can't get my big @ss there. I'm hoping by posting this it'll serve as motivation to go on my way home today like I was doing 5 days a week before the Holidays...

We ended up not eating with the In Laws last night and staying home. Had a grilled chicken breast, acorn squash, green beans and a wheat roll - with some healthy pop and skinny cow for a snack later. Still 2 points under for the day!

It's a low point day because we're going out to dinner with my brother and nephews since my SIL is out of town to judge a National Figure Skating Competition. We're going to a pizza place.

Breakfast
Burrito - 8pts

Snack
Banana - 0pts

Lunch
Perdue Perfect Portions Grilled BBQ Chicken Breast - 3pts
90 calorie special K Cracker chips - 3pts
Orange & SF Jell-O - 0pts
SF Applesauce - 0pts

Snack
Apple - 0pts

Dinner - 20pts left for pizzeria
Pizza place with
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:15 AM   #122  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

What does everyone eat for snacks? I don't think I've hit the right things for satisfaction. I've had pb and celery which is mostly perfect but the other snack for me was just bell pepper slices which left me unsatisfied. I snack a lot, especially on my 12 hour days. Maybe I should add a protein with the bell peppers, like a deli slice roll up? Even the days where I pack hummus to dip my bell peppers/veggie of the day with, it's still not to that level of satisfaction.

Quote:
I heard something once that sounded profound to me: Breakfast does't have to look like breakfast. We just trick ourselves into thinking that there are certain staples for each meal, which, when you think about it, is quite silly. If I ate chicken, I could have chicken every morning if I wanted to, especially if protein was how I best started my day. I imagine the same could be said about supper. Our suppers are usually quite small because our day is winding down, and it's around 7pm, and chances are I'll be in bed 2 1/2 hours later. I personally sleep better when I don't have a heavy dinner. Have you tried pre-planning your day so that you can manipulate where you most want your points?
I work nights! Most of my breakfasts are dinners and I'll have a "breakfast thing" for dinner. Although I have a co-worker that still has a breakfast at when he gets up.

Last edited by Daimere; 01-24-2013 at 10:20 AM.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:11 AM   #123  
Onward & Downward

Hello everyone!

I hear you on strange dreams, SoMuchFattitude. I've definitely had a few very freaky ones lately but also have mostly forgotten them.

Daimere: I've been trying to have fresh fruit as a snack. Sometimes with reduced-fat wheat thins or the special k potato chips (counted out). Plus water or a clear no-cal drink.

Just got some new exercise vids. Hoping to try the walk away the pounds one (lol or the very first part should I say... it is 5 miles but I doubt I'll do more than one). The elliptical has been going well but that sure gets boring even with my book.

Last edited by LuvCats; 01-24-2013 at 11:13 AM.
LuvCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:25 AM   #124  
Sassafrass

Well - I just got SOME motivation to work out. My sponsored tri-suit shirt just came in and I have to pick it up today. Putting spandex on is always a friendly reminder to go to the gym.

---
My snacks depend on what I'm doing. Sometimes just a banana (like now) or sometimes an apple with babybel light. That's a good 1pt snack.

I also like veggies and dips. So hummus, the light rondele (sp?) garlic and herb dip, cheese and port wine spread, guacamole etc. I'm a dip girl so I'm happy to use 2 points for some veggies and dip.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:52 AM   #125  
Queen of Everything

S/C/G: 178/169.5/150

"MagicEyez - When I exercise like crazy I put weight on initially. I think my body is afraid I'm trying to kill myself and its bulking up in preparation for the "war" it thinks we're about to enter against my brain. :lol2: I'm telling ya! Take your measurements!!!" - SoMuchFattitude

^- Maybe that's whats going on ... All I know is I'm getting frustrated, and that isnt good for me cause I'll end up quitting and I DON'T want to do that!!!! I'm pretty sure I'm gonna join the gym so that I can get some weight training in ... The good thing about that is the calories continue to burn for ... what ... 24 hrs afterwards?! Something like that -vs- a cardio workout, the burn stops when you stop. Get a little weights in with my Zumba / 30 day Shred (when it comes in) ... Surely I'll see some # change then?!? I do need to get a tape measure and start doing it like that as well ... Something's gotta give ... Its just gotta!!!!!

It must be a week for weird dreams cause I've been having them as well. Oh, and I think cause of working out, I PASS out at night ... even around 1030 (which is about an hr and a half sooner than I normally do) ... But come 630 I do NOT want to get up?!? Almost like I had JUST gone to bed an hour before?! Its weird!!!

straightahead ** A response from the 1st page or the 8th page ... We're good with it!! No worries!!!

smashlers ** I'll be crossing my fingers for a successful weight in today!!! I know you'll do great!!

Bobbiedoll03 ** Welcome and HUGE congrats on your -4.6 ~ That is awesome!!!!!!
MagicEyez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:45 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 187.6/170.4/140

Default New to Weight Watchers

Today I made the plunge and registered for the Weight Watchers at work program. At this point my head is a bit befuddled, but I am looking forward to losing some weight over the next 12 weeks. Once the initial program is finished, I plan to continue until I am down to my goal weight.

A little about me... I have not had a serious weight problem until the past 2 years. I was diagnosed with cancer in 2011 and long journey to **** and back ensued. But, I am back. Unfortunately with an additional 50 pounds that resulted from the steroids, etc. that I took during chemotherapy. For this reason, I felt the need to deal with the extra weight right now. I am uncomfortable, I feel lacking in energy most of the time and know that it is a result of the extra 50 pounds that I carry around with me.

I am determined that I am not buying any more bigger clothes, so the alternative is to lose weight to fit what I already have. Makes sense, yes? Not quite that easy, though as most of you already know.

I am so looking forward to the support that is offered by the people in this forum. Thank you for being here.

Cheers,
sweettooth56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:54 PM   #127  
It's me, Ashleyyy!

S/C/G: 291/~/185

SAY NO TO BIGGER CLOTHES!

Welcome, Sweettooth!
smashlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:49 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

Welcome sweettooth!!! Make yourself comfortable

For a short week, it's been a crazy busy one at work. I teach high school special education and today and tomorrow are midterm days. So although it's somewhat of a break because we only have the kids until noon both days, it's a constant on the move day where I'm running around to all of our different kids helping them where needed.

Already looking forward to sleeping in this weekend
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:57 PM   #129  
It's me, Ashleyyy!

S/C/G: 291/~/185

So I lost 1.4 lbs. (!) I thought I was gonna gain. I got a 5% star! It is amazing what stickers do for the psyche. lol.

This week I WILL: Work out and like it. Make Butternut squash soup! lose more than 2 lbs. I need to be on track. I need to take responsibility and control over what I eat, how I feel, and how I am going to get where I WANT, damnit!

Today's Menu:
Breakfast:
A small juice with kale and carrot and apple, 3 pts (if you are plugged up, have a juice... wait 3 mins, then... well you know )

Lunch: (I was nervous and didn't want to eat until i weighed. Does that even make a difference?)
2 celebration bars, 4 pts (I ate these IN the meeting )
Sloppy joes leftovers, 2 pts
Crustless quiche, 4 pts
Carrot sticks, 0 pts

PM Snack:
Quaker cookie, 5pt
1/2 regular cookie, 2pts (?) Damn bf and his need to bake.
Egg salad, 4pts

Dinner:
Whole Wheat Penne, 5 pts
Chicken breast, 3 pts
veggies, 0pts

Miller 64! 'cause, whaata day! 2pts

8pts left over. I see popcorn in my future
smashlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:00 PM   #130  
Bobbie~Doll

S/C/G: 254/237/140

Height: 5'2

I am just not motivated to work out!! Blah!!! I am getting over bronchitis and I'm hoping that once it passes I will be. I promised my significant other I would start couch to 5k with him but blah now I just don't want too lol.

On another note I am doing so good with my food...you would think meal planning and counting points was my Job!

I picked up the one pot weight watchers cook book and I am excited to try some of them out.
Bobbiedoll03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:01 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

Hello all,
My name is Roxanne. I was a member of 3FC a couple years ago. I lost 30 lbs but ripped a muscle in my leg and got bogged down with nursing school and healing and kind of gave up. I graduated, got a job I love and now have gained back 15 of the 30.

I have never tried WW before but took the plunge and signed up online. I work NOCs so there is no way that I can really make the meetings. I prefer online anyway.

This is my first week on WW. I am LOVING it. I did discover this morning that I am ravenous after work in the morning so planned for that. (Sounds funny but never realized that my obsessive snacking in the morning before is because I am really hungry)

My 2 am meal
1/2 can of soup 3
nutri grain bar 3
2 oranges
1 apple with apple pie spice (soo good!!)
(I snack on the fruit for the whole shift)

8 am
trail mix 9
cottage cheese 1
3 slices bacon 4
chicken breast slices 4

I don't eat lunch because I sleep through that meal.

Dinner
hamburger with cheese, onion, mayo and bun 21 (it was a very big hamburger and so delicious)

My total for the day was 45. I used 3 of my weekly points. Tomorrow will be better because I realize now how HUNGRY i get in the morning so shouldn't go over my points. Although I will be eating another hamburger for dinner! All in all, I am feeling positive about this plan.

Roxanne
roxannestags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:53 PM   #132  

Finally got a haircut today. It has been about a year. DW and I shaved our heads for cancer (part of how we got together), and I kept my hair short for quite some time. After a while I decided to start growing it out. I had made it past my ears, went in for a trim (emphasis on trim), and the crazy stylist cut it all off again, so I've been really nervous. Only half an inch, and I still have the wonderful hair past my shoulders. Phew! Our newest kitten, Joey, also went in for his first checkup and vaccinations. He was a champ!

We went on an adventure to Planet Organic to pick up a bunch of delicious items, especially beans. I'm taking everyone's advice, and I'm going to try to use all my points, or come as close as I can, without eating junk, like high amounts of saturated fat and sugar. Tomorrow we're going to make avocado sushi for lunch . EXCITED!

My day today was very successful, except for the popcorn. I would rather have made another choice, as the popcorn was not planned.

Morning
1 PT "O" Organics Raspberry Jam (1 tbsp)
2 PT Silver Hills Little Big Bread (2 slices)
2 PT Skippy Natural Peanut Butter (1 tbsp)
Subtotal 5 PT

Midday
3 PT Imagine Organic Sweet Potato Soup (1 cup)
3 PT Starbucks Tazo Chai Tea Soy Latte (Short)
Subtotal 6

Evening
3 PT Mountain Veggie Burger (1/2 patty)
4 PT Safeway Low Fat Sourdough English Muffins (1 muffin)
1 PT Earth Island Original Vegenaise (1/3 tbsp)
0 PT Mustard (1 tsp)
0 PT Ketchup (2/3 tbsp)
Subtotal 8

Anytime
0 PT 1/2 Large Banana
0 PT Cherry Tomatoes (1/2 cup)
0 PT Carrots, Raw (1/2 cup)
6 PT Caramel Popcorn (1 1/2 cups)
9 PT Red Potatoes (3 small)
1 PT Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Subtotal 16

Food PointsPlus values total used 35
Food PointsPlus values remaining 8

chickadeee55 Thank you for sharing, and I know how you feel. Sometimes I will double check things that I know I just turned off (like my straightening iron). It sounds like a number of us love crafts in this thread. I love to knit, crochet, and sew.

smashlers Congrats on your loss! You aren't the only one that worries about home invasion. I started watching this inspiring show on Biography called "I Survived." It's been a blessing and a curse. I had to stop watching it late at night, and I have put together a barricade plan. I just think that's smart. I have an older friend, Nancy, who gave me the best advice. Have a routine, and don't change it. For example, when we're home we always leave our front stoop light on. We used to shut it off when we left, now we leave it on. It doesn't give people the opportunity to know if we're home or not .

straightahead Thank you for sharing about the app, I had no idea! It's great for reading, but it's too bad we can't have an advanced edit option so that we can reply to everyone.

SoMuchFattitude That's so very the Hunting Games! Sorry that you had such messed up dreams and no sleep. DW has nightmares if she eats ice cream before bed (after 8pm), and other rich foods. I wonder if there is something that is acting as a catalyst to your no-sleep regime this week. As for the spandex, So much more brave than I! Spandex only appears under my garments to help shape, LOL!

Daimere I usually snack on veggies and fruit, and if they aren't satisfying, have something that packs a bit more of a punch. I wasn't satisfied, so we roasted up some small potatoes. Hit the spot! I also remember what it was like working nights. The body never gets used to being against the cycle of the sun.

LuvCats I have a couple of the WATP videos. I loved them. Unfortunately, they can get boring if you do them day after day, so you may want to grab something that will add some spice once a week or so.

MagicEyez Exercise shouldn't wear you out. It usually helps regulate energy and sleep. Are you sure there isn't more going on? You might have a virus (a wicked angry week-long flu just came through my city), or might not be eating enough to sustain the calories being burned. I hope things level out for you soon .

sweettooth56 Thank you for sharing your personal story, and you've come to the right place for support. I agree with smashers, SAY NO TO BIGGER CLOTHES! I will join you both on that .

Bobbiedoll03 Great work on the counting! I had a week-long flu recently that left my chest filled with fluid for about 3 weeks. I couldn't work out without feeling like drowning, so what I did instead was made sure I did small likes like took the stairs, walked from the other end of the parking lot, anything that would keep me moving (after the dizziness of the flu passed - beforehand, all I did was sleep and drink water).

roxannestags

Last edited by MandeLea; 01-24-2013 at 11:56 PM.
MandeLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:59 AM   #133  
Queen of Everything

S/C/G: 178/169.5/150

Good morning ladies ...

I've got good news x's 2 ...

T.G.I.F

And, I got to wear my 40ddd bra today instead of my 40f !! I had bought some ddd's a month ago or so, but fought with 'em and played the stuff and tuck ALL day at work, so rather than taking all 3 back (i refused) I took one of them back for a larger size, and today ... I was able to put the larger one away and pull out one of the other ones!! So, maybe my workouts are paying off?! Yesterday, (you'll be proud of me SoMuchFattitude) I ordered a measuring tape and a set of calipers ... yay!!! I also figured out this morning I should put more than 1 light bulb in my ceiling fan (that holds 4 bulbs) ... I get to work today and realize that you can not only see my bra through my shirt, but you can see my side piece tattoo as well ~ lol ... oops! Looks like I'll be hiding out in my office today!

Welcome Aboard roxannestags !!!!!

smashlers ** Congrats on your -1.4 !!! (on a side note, I might have to try that 'magic juice!!' ~ lol)

Chele615 ** I'm with you ... For a short week, its been a very LONG week!!! Bah, so glad its Friday!!!

sweettooth56 ** Welcome ... There is some great info on here and some wonderful people ... We're glad you came to join us!!
MagicEyez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:58 AM   #134  

MagicEyez: Congrats on the lost inches! You deserve it with all the hard work you're putting in .
MandeLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:14 PM   #135  
Sassafrass

Oh Boy - today has 100% gotten away from me. WOW! But - IT'S FRIDAY!

I am taking my nephews tomorrow (5&7) bowling for a fun afternoon. FYI - 1 hour of bowling is 4 activity points....So, they've insisted on Froyo - I can get with that after my 4 bowling APs. haha!

I planned my weekly menu out today which is good for me. If I have a plan I commit. Grocery shopping on the way home!

Sun: Chicken and rice casserole w/ green beans and 1oz wheat roll (10pts)
Mon: Ham, Potato & Gruyere Gratin w/ roasted asparagus [+1tspEVOO] (14pts)
Tue: Chicken And Leek Pot Pie w/ scalloped apples (13pts)
Wed: Lasagna w/ green beans w/ a side salad [salad spritzer] (11pts)
Thur: Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas w/ Jicama Mango Slaw (16pts)
Fri: Chicken Corn Chowder w/ 10 Saltines (16pts)

Woohoo! Have a great weekend, ladies. I'm going to try my hardest to lay off the bourbon this weekend.