Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2020, 09:31 AM   #91  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

This week I have been working on bookkeeping stuff for ourselves as well as our business. I am still changing stuff over so that takes time. Tonight we have a retirement party to go to. Tomorrow I will clean the house. My routine is to do weekly touch ups in the house but once a month get everything done. It seems like the bookkeeping and cleaning has been falling on the same week. It leaves me feeling like I don't have time to workout much that week.

The retirement is a catered event. They will have a Lowcountry boil, which is potatoes, corn, sausage, shrimp. The goal will be to keep things in moderation.

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1300 +
Weigh In: 184
Down: .6

Have a Blessed day, stay safe and healthy!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

September 10

2 Timothy 1:7
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Brenda decided it was time to lose weight, and she did. Peggy struggled a little bit more, but she lost the pounds she wanted to, also. Tracy wondered why everyone else seemed to do so well, while she did so poorly. Maybe something was wrong with her! Maybe she couldn't lose weight. The more she thought about it, the more frightened she became. Often our mind turns out to be our worst enemy when we try to diet. We can alarm ourselves needlessly. Everyone diets differently, and everyone receives different results. There is no place for fear and doubting in dieting. What we need is perseverance and faith that God will help us.

Today's thought: I have a very skinny spirit!

Last edited by Diana3271; 09-10-2020 at 10:08 AM.
Old 09-10-2020, 10:00 AM   #92  

Default September 2020

Good Morning:

Rachel: I thought The Hidden Life was pretty good. I like bios and I like how Terrance Malick attempts to make films really profound... Oh, my girl cat was in my lap a half dozen times yesterday. Do you have a favorite cat?

Nancy: I always thought it would be fun to take one of those hikes where llamas carry your stuff...as long as they don't spit on me...

I did no walking last night because of the heat. In the middle of the night I finally walked, wt. lifted, did situps and knee exercises. I walked this am. I feel pretty good. I hope this will be an okay food day. I had cheerios and milk and some chicken and rice and mulled cider this am.

This week I saw a big Mac truck with a crane lift shingles up on a roof. The workmen toiled all day in the heat on that roof. I hope they were paid well.
Old 09-10-2020, 10:10 AM   #93  

Default OOPS

OH, I meant to say that I biked in the middle of the night...

Diana: Hope the food tastes good at the party...I never heard that expression low country boil...
Old 09-10-2020, 10:49 AM   #94  
Trying to live below 200

Teri This will give you an idea. https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...recipe-2112348
Old 09-10-2020, 11:54 AM   #95  

Good morning! Power walked to breakfast this morning. Ran errands on the way home. I took the long way home because it was very foggy out and I didn’t have a flashlight with me. By taking the long way home, I was able to cross the street at a traffic light. Will take a shower and have lunch in a few minutes. 😁❤️
Old 09-10-2020, 05:55 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Spoiler
Hi everyone!

Checking in.

Diana, I love low country boil. Hope you have fun at party

Nancy, i.wish i lived closer to the mountains. My car doesn't like the 1 hour drive. I want to go hiking still. I know we have trails that are a bit closer. I enjoyed belonging to the beginner hikers group a year ago?

Usc, great job on getting closer to the mendoza line? Are you applying this concept to dieting or are you a batter??

Ciecie, are you walking home in dark on the short way home then? Hope your tape works.

Terri. Bike rides at night sound nice. Yes those guys work hard!!

Rachel, yikes parental cooking...good idea on your BYOS plan.

Princess, oh you are a ballet dancer?? Ah how awesome. Food looks good

i am 41 tomorrow. In my daily activities, people have commented on how young I look, although my mom did pluck a gray hair from my head! I found one in my eyebrow too...snicker.

I was so mad when scale said 187 yesterday...then today it read 185! I believe that is a new low for this year.

Nights have been hard with 16:8 (I turn fasts into 22 -23 hr).
i broke ketosis by eating a small hawthorn jelly candy yesterday. I had no ketones this am when they are usually 1-3 right now.

I bought some soups to get me through the rough spots and not break ketosis or the 50 calorie fasting limit.

I did not exercise today...so i need to do something.. yesterday was almost completely unproductive except cleaning 2hich I do everyday anyways...

Going out to eat with mom and kids after my ds2 folliw up for lipoma removal. Oh yeah he actually pulled the rest of that stitch out and its perfectly closed now. Barely noticable!!
Old 09-10-2020, 08:55 PM   #97  
Trying to live below 200

HI Everyone!

My breakfast and lunch was my normal foods. Dinner was at the retirement party, Low Country boil (sausage, shrimp, potatoes, corn) corn muffin, cake, tea. No workout to report

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 09-10-2020, 09:23 PM   #98  

Jendiet, the sun was out when I left for breakfast this morning. While I was in the restaurant, fog rolled in. I took the long way home so I could cross at the traffic light. My uncle and cousin came over and took me out to dinner for my birthday.🎂😋❤️
Old 09-11-2020, 07:31 AM   #99  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Friday!

Cleaning house today. That might be my exercise.

Ciecie Happy Birthday!

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: Unknown
Weigh In: 185.4
Up: 1.4 pounds (sodium from the dinner last night)

Have a Blessed day, stay safe and healthy!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

September 11

Romans 4:21
And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.

Jesus Christ turned water to wine, He walked on the water, and calmed the sea. He cured many diseases and cast out demons. He conquered death for His friend Lazarus and for Himself. He promises that He will be with us and that His power is ours as we try to be the people God created us to be. How, then, can we doubt that He will help us when we need to lose weight? Are not the pounds of our flesh within His scope of power? Cannot the chosen Son of God do such a small miracle in our lives as to give us the determination we need to conquer fat? This He can and will do, and much more, if we will but believe.

Today's thought: 'More' brought about my distress; help me, Lord, to live by 'less'!
Old 09-11-2020, 10:10 AM   #100  

Default September 2020

Hi!

Diana: Thanks for sharing the pic of the low country boil. I don't think i have ever had that. I love beef kielbasa (Polish sausage), but I rarely buy it because it is so loaded in fat and salt.. What kind of sausage is put in the dish?
Jen: Happy Birthday! You are doing really great with your weight!
CieCie: Happy Birthday! Hope it was a great meal and good conversation....

No walking last night, but I finally biked, wt. lifted, did situps and knee exercises. I need to go on a walk this am. It is finally cool again...I am still having problems with my diet.
Old 09-11-2020, 10:56 AM   #101  
Trying to live below 200

Teri I don't know what kind of sausage was used last night but it was very good. When I make it I use beef. Yes, I understand about the fat and sodium. The sodium is what caused the gain this morning.
Old 09-11-2020, 11:20 AM   #102  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning to all
Just a quick fly by and update
WI have been up (2lb since Monday) sodium is my guess with lack of sleep
WO have been hard

If you are following the news you know of the fires in WA OR and CA....I have been affected by the smoke, it is pretty bad and thick. Your eyes are always watering and nose running. So many grass fires! and some it seems are set delibertly in my area. Our air quality is considered in the "very unhealthy" zone right now. I don't see a break in the weather either. So far our home has not been threatened but by DH business there was a fire four blocks away, a homeless emcampment was on fire yesterday. We don't know if it was intentional or not right now.

This moring driving to the office the sun coming up was bright orange from the smoke.

Ok I am off right now back later
Old 09-11-2020, 12:02 PM   #103  
Trying to live below 200

Nancy I just prayed for your situation as well as for the wild fire situation in general.
Old 09-11-2020, 04:53 PM   #104  

Good afternoon! Couldn’t get my Leslie Sansone dvd to work again so I went to her Your Daily Walk web site and clicked the this month’s two mile app. Power walked and ran errands before I punched in at work. Will power walk to supper tonight.
Old 09-11-2020, 07:36 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Quick check-in

Good evening, quick check-in. No time to post this morning. Doing okay. Took in 1300 yesterday and 1500 today. See ya in the morning!
Closed Thread