Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2020, 12:22 AM   #136  

agree! Will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.😁❤️
Old 09-15-2020, 08:11 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 168/137/133-138

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Ciecie, so grateful Mary, husband and dogs are safe. Thank the Lord.

Nancy, worried about you out there. I have a niece who flies back to school today out there.....Eugene, OR.

Yesterday was okay. I took in 1500 calories and met my other goals.

Today's goals: 1300-1500 calories, veggies, fiber, calcium, 2 liters water.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:32 AM   #138  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/182/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1170 +
Weigh In: 185
Up: .6 (I have no idea the reason for the gain. Maybe the longer walk in the heat/humidity? )

Have a Blessed day, stay safe and healthy!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

September 15

2 Peter 2:9
The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished.

Woody had a weird dream. His hands and arms got so flabby that he couldn't reach out and pick anything up anymore. Before him stood a long table filled with marvelous things to eat, but he was unable to take anything. He woke up sweat-soaked and shuddering. It had seemed so real! He caught a glimpse of himself in the dresser mirror as he sat alone in the night. He was getting awfully plump. Maybe somebody was trying to tell him something. He was no fool. They say that God moves in mysterious ways, and maybe that was true. No reason to push the old luck. Tomorrow the diet begins!

Today's thought: I remember when my eyes could be bigger than my stomach!
Old 09-15-2020, 09:35 AM   #139  
Trying to live below 200

Does anyone here have an air fryer? I think Nancy bought one? Anyways, my DH is interested in getting one. We have NO extra room! I saw one that has a rotisserie in it and thought that would be a great option. DH likes fried foods but we hate frying. I found a really small one that would be nice and not take up too much space or I could put it away when we are not using it. If you have one and like it, please provide the info on it so I will have a clue as to what you are talking about. LOL Also what are specifics about what you like and don't like about it. What are specifics about what to look for in an air fryer. TIA
Old 09-15-2020, 10:00 AM   #140  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Diana, I love our air fryer. It DOES NOT WORK on some foods (i can't get battered okra to taste good in it. It is excellent for reheating anything and I prefer it to the microwave.

It is great for frozen foods.

Ok just a quick check in because my ds3 is very needy during virtual school.

I'm back up to 190! Three days ago I was 186.4. I cheated on my fast at 1000pm with pumpkin seeds, two rice crispy treats and a sucker...i woke up to 188.8.i did get right back on track and did 16 hrs 1030 until 230pm... Then I went down to 188.6 , then I had a sore throat and ate soups and some noodles yesterday. I had soup at 800pm yesterday. Egg drop with a wonton and some pumpkin seeds...and well 190 today.

I checked my ketone meter. Still at 1.4. So im not sure except I gained alot of water weight! I am premenstrual so I guess im goIng to have to deal with it until its gone. BUT IM NOT HAPPY.

HOPE every one else is doing well.

Also I have been doing 22-24 hour fasts and OMAD. Yesterday was the first day i did an actual 16 hr fast. Go figure. Trying not to stomp my foot
Old 09-15-2020, 12:52 PM   #141  

Default September 2020

Hello!

Jen: You sound like a very busy lady. Are you still working in addition to home schooling?
CieCie: Glad you had contact with the family...
Nancy: I saw pictures of a smoky city...I wondered if it was Portland and it did not look good at all.
Jen, Diana: Never heard of an air fryer. Sounds interesting!

Weather is cool here. No exercise, but I did fill up 2 bushels with weeds. Diet not-so-great. I am back to 10 pound over... Nyahhhh! I went grocery shopping and I bought mostly healthy stuff.
Old 09-15-2020, 01:22 PM   #142  

Good afternoon! I had a crazy morning this morning. I did two miles Leslie Sansone before I left for work this morning. I power walked and ran errands before I punched in. When I got to work, I found out I wasnít on the schedule. I had enough time so I walked over to Wal-Mart and bought a new watch. I misplaced my watch. I was able to get the 11:30 bus home. Iíll power walk to lunch in a few minutes.😁❤️
Old 09-15-2020, 03:33 PM   #143  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Does anyone here have an air fryer? I think Nancy bought one? Anyways, my DH is interested in getting one. We have NO extra room! I saw one that has a rotisserie in it and thought that would be a great option. DH likes fried foods but we hate frying. I found a really small one that would be nice and not take up too much space or I could put it away when we are not using it. If you have one and like it, please provide the info on it so I will have a clue as to what you are talking about. LOL Also what are specifics about what you like and don't like about it. What are specifics about what to look for in an air fryer. TIA
Diana I have an 'air fryer' and have the 'air fryer lid' for the instant pot. They each have pro's and con's. Both are big and bulky unfortunately. I actually keep the instant pot with air fryer lid in my kitchen but the actuall air fryer is stored in our garage on a shelf until I need to use it.
These are just my observations but here goes IMHO
1. The Air Fryer, this is all it does. You can cook fries to crispy golden brown, you can roast a whole (small 4lb) chicken, you can cook egg rolls, etc. The Pro's, is the larger basket and the external handle to 'shake the pot' and move the food around for even crispness. This is important to the over success of the crispyness of the food. The Cons, it is large, it only has one funtion-air fry, the non stick coating on the outer pot comes off and inner pot is sometimes hard to get clean.
2. The instant pot air fryer lid accessory. The pro's- it is just the space of the lid (which is quite tall) and the insert basket. The basket is smaller than the air fryer and does not have a way to 'shake' the contents without removing it from the instant pot. Great for smaller batches and clean up is relatively easy.

Out of the two I prefer the instant post with the airfryer lid because I use my instant pot at least 3-4 times a week.

I am sure I will think of more later
Old 09-15-2020, 03:34 PM   #144  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teri000 View Post
Hello!

Jen: You sound like a very busy lady. Are you still working in addition to home schooling?
CieCie: Glad you had contact with the family...
Nancy: I saw pictures of a smoky city...I wondered if it was Portland and it did not look good at all.
Jen, Diana: Never heard of an air fryer. Sounds interesting!

Weather is cool here. No exercise, but I did fill up 2 bushels with weeds. Diet not-so-great. I am back to 10 pound over... Nyahhhh! I went grocery shopping and I bought mostly healthy stuff.
Terri the smokey citiy could be almost anywhere up and down the coast right now. They are saying we will have this until at least Friday....right now it is 'very hazordousj' air quality according to the national weather service...it is like a very thick low fog that smells bad
Old 09-15-2020, 04:32 PM   #145  

Good afternoon again! Power walked and ran errands on my way home from lunch. Watched some tv. Then, I took a nap for about an hour. My amazon.com order came today. Iím very happy about that.😁. Will go for another power walk and run errands later on.
Old 09-15-2020, 11:01 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Hi all. Yes still doing the virtual academy AND BOTH shifts. I did their school and went shopping and gave client shower and made Hungarian goulash. I slept for 2 hours in between night job! Still have a bit of a sore throat. More energy though. Since my dogs won't stop running away. I got a double no tangle leash that swivels. Good thing...it really works...just not long enough for my taste.

I bought 48 inch panels and rebar posts to make an enclosure out of the already fenced yard (not all the way)for them to run and poop...i hope i have the energy to do it tomorrow.

I stuck to fast today (OMAD)

Nancy, ooohh. I love multi use things. If I had known u can do air fryer/instant pot that would have been better choice..

Ciecie,Ciecie what a morning. Did u find watch? I got an order today of some jewelry I ordered a month ago. Pretty jade like pieces in the old Chinese style (so beautiful)

Diana. Now I think instapit with air fryer lid would be better

Terri, they can see the smoke from the west in NY!

Rachel, good job on goals as usual
Old 09-15-2020, 11:57 PM   #147  

Jendiet, I did find a watch. I got an inexpensive Armstron. Went for three power walks this afternoon. Watched AGT-The Finals tonight. Will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.😁❤️
Old 09-16-2020, 12:03 AM   #148  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Thank you for the info. I hadn't considered an instapot with fryer lid. LOL

Total Approx 1550 calories +

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & monk fruit

Lunch (700 Calories)
cheeseburger 500 calories
later - nutritional bar 200 calories

Dinner (450 Calories)
salad w/roasted chicken, cucumbers, celery, carrots, romaine, & BHF's ranch 350 caloiers
vanilla pudding cup 100 calories

Exercise:
1 hour outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 09-16-2020, 07:06 AM   #149  

S/C/G: 168/137/133-138

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Jen, can't remember if I've ever mentioned this before, but I have the Fi collar for my dog which lets me know where she is all the time via an app on my phone. Gives me much peace of mind since she is a runner. Hope you were able to have the energy to get the fence up?

A neighbor brought over some decadent fudgy brownies. I took in 2000 calories yesterday. Weighed in at 137.5 this morning. I need to be watching it.....being at the upper end of my maintenance range.

Today's goals: 1300-1500 calories, 2 liters water, veggies, fiber, calcium, vitamins, leg weights.
Old 09-16-2020, 09:14 AM   #150  

Good morning! Will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes. 😁❤️
Closed Thread