Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2020, 08:21 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Rachel, being flexible is so important and I think that is why you are so successful at maintenance. I just can't let them get out of my sight...too scary. When I was younger, our dogs ran away when straight line winds knocked down our fence. We chased them but we were 1 minute too late, some kids told us the one just got hit by a car a minute before we got there. He was doa.

Diana, me neither! Good idea though

It feels GREAT outside! I think I might be able to pull out the panels and the stakes and work on it today. This is much cheaper and less permanent and I can make it to fold away when we have to move large vehicles through the yard...(happens frequently)

I'm happy about weigh in. I knew i was eating alot of salt but I didn't expect a 4lb drop today...lol...

190.2 yesterday..
I got on the scale and it said 184.8 and I was so shocked. I reweighed and it said 185.4. So I took it once more...185.4.

184.8 would be a new year low. But I'm still pleased with 185 vs 190.

Old 09-16-2020, 09:43 AM   #152  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

I have mentioned this before. It seems like I still have some sort of "monthly cycle" although I am post menopausal. I have been doing OK with my calories and exercise but I have been holding on water, feeling constipated, and waking feeling swollen. I have been noticing this for a period of time during the month and then it will pass. Anyone else here post menopausal and notice this or have had this discussion with other females in your family?

Jen I have also been looking at an air fryer that has a rotisserie. I like that option. But my motto is, when in doubt, do nothing. So, here I am still discussing it. LOL

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1550 +
Weigh In: 184.6
Down: .4

Have a Blessed day, stay safe and healthy!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

September 16

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Jerome stepped up in front of the huge audience. Not too long ago, Jerome wouldn't have been caught dead speaking publicly. All that changed when he found he had something to talk about. Jesus Christ had changed his life, and he wanted the whole world to know. Jerome truly believed that anything was possible for him, now that Jesus Christ was the center of his life. That same confidence can be ours when we turn our lives over to Jesus. Christ transforms us and enables us to do things that we doubted were possible before. Trust the Lord to help you lose weight, and watch the miracle begin.

Today's thought: I become more spiritually as I become less physically!
Old 09-16-2020, 11:44 AM   #153  

Good morning again! Had breakfast. Will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes.❤️😁
Old 09-16-2020, 04:38 PM   #154  

Default September 2020

Hi!

Not on track. No exercise. Kielbasa and soda...oh well. Dug up some hibiscus for a neighbor...

Have a good day.
Old 09-16-2020, 09:08 PM   #155  

Good night all! Will be going to bed in a few minutes. Busy day tomorrow. Have to go for blood and urine test. Fasting blood work. Will go out to breakfast afterwards.❤️😁
Old 09-16-2020, 09:35 PM   #156  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teri000 View Post
Hi!

Not on track. No exercise. Kielbasa and soda...oh well. Dug up some hibiscus for a neighbor...

Have a good day.
Hang in there Teri.
Old 09-16-2020, 09:38 PM   #157  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1280 calories +

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & monk fruit

Lunch (330 Calories)
1 Siggi's yogurts 110 calories
Fage 0 yogurt 90
Fruit 70 calories
little later very small apple 60 calories

Dinner (550 Calories)
spaghetti squash topped w/parmeasan 150 calories
seared salmon 300 calories
pudding cup 100 calories

Exercise:
JS toning walk

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 09-16-2020, 10:21 PM   #158  

Will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed. As I said earlier, it’s going to be a busy day tomorrow.
Old 09-17-2020, 07:31 AM   #159  

S/C/G: 281/191.1/185

Height: 5' 11"

Flexibility and stretching is as important as cardio, strength training or any exercise. It is important to stretch before and most importantly after your workout to get your heart rate down and avoid injuries.

i am still waiting for my job status during an insane reorg. I continue to shed pounds and getting closer to the Mendoza line.
Old 09-17-2020, 08:04 AM   #160  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Usc4valpo, thanks for checking in!! You said it on the stretching & flexibility bit. That's so important. What a frustration it has been for you with the job situation . Keep hanging in there. And kudos to you for the continued downward trend toward the Mendoza line .

Jen, that was so heartbreaking about your dog . On a brighter note, awesome on your weight loss . Way to go, girl .

Diana,, I really have not heard of that swelling and holding onto fluid in your body as being a postmenopausal issue? But I don't know for sure. Odd that it's a monthly deal. Could be a number of other causes too: Too much sodium? But you seem really on top of that. Heart issues can also cause fluid buildup. I think that's an "ask your doctor" question.

I took in 1650 calories yesterday. I do think I'm making some poor food choices lately though. Kind of falling back into old habits. This raises a red flag for me. I need to focus in on my daily goals that I list here everyday.

Today's goals: 1300-1500 calories, 2 liters water, fiber, veggies, calcium, chest press and leg curls for weights today. It's all doable; I just need to do it .
Old 09-17-2020, 08:39 AM   #161  

Good morning! Did two miles Leslie Sansone this morning. Going for my lab work in a few minutes.
Old 09-17-2020, 08:56 AM   #162  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Rachel I'm curious if it's that my body is still making a small amount of hormones.

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1280 +
Weigh In: 183.4
Down: 1.2 pounds

Have a Blessed day, stay safe and healthy!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

September 17

2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, 'My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.' Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

There are times when the hunger pangs get to be almost unbearable. A person gets shaky, she feels weak-kneed and light-headed; it almost feels like an illness. Hunger makes us aware of how really weak we are. A person who is hungry is a person who is humble. It is good for us to realize that we need help, that we are not always able to stand on our own two feet. In those times of weakness, we learn to rely on the true strength: the power of Jesus Christ. Christ comes to us in our moments of weakness, to strengthen and support us. Praise God that He never lets us fail for very long.

Today's thought: Hunger makes me weak; losing weight makes me strong!
Old 09-17-2020, 09:51 AM   #163  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Good morning to all
Just a sorta quick fly by comment(s)
WI down a tick nothing to write home about
WO non until I can open a window

Diana, I still had 'symptoms' of a monthly period years after I stopped and even after my hysterectomy. It eventually fades but then it brings another set of mysteries. We both have been blessed with the water retention 'bug' so I am learning to embrace it and recognize what it is and have to say meh what am I going to do other than 'roll' with it

Rachel, I have noticed I go through periods of being really great with my choices then ... .4lb gain or .2 then before I know it I am up 1.0 over a period of a few weeks. When I look back on my food log then I see this small 'bite' and 'that' and realize those choices were knocking on my door again. It is so hard (and I am at that point now--again) to turn the table and 'change my path' for the umteeth time. Hang in there

Usc, you job situation is so very stressful for you....heck it is stressful for me and I am not you LOL

Jen I am sorry about your furry friend but whoa on that drop. You do so well....and agreed flexibility is key to movement as you age. Warm up and cool downs are so important, as much as the workout itself

ciecie, you so make me proud with all the power walks

Ok got to run hope to be back later today

hugs to all

Old 09-17-2020, 10:04 AM   #164  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Diana, way to go on the drop!!
Usc, ahh! You are using the mendoza line as reference to weight loss. I pray the job thing gets straightened out. Good job on continued weight loss
Rachel, yes..stretching. still trying to push my too tight hamstrings...found a way to do butt lifts from tricep dip position so I don't have to get on the floor

Ciecie, hope its not too busy. I had a get house ready for guests.. cleaned off porch, cleaned out laundry room,cleaned guest room (scrubbed walls) was friends son room (eew). Cleaned blankets, couch covers(dog smell). Exhausted.

Terri, digging is work. Diet doesn't sound too bad

185.6 today. 170s seem so far away. I did lose more inches. I am hopeful after this TOM, I will get a whoosh. Im not exactly sure where I am in my cycle because I got slack in charting...im either 10dp0 (6 days until TOM) OR 14 DPO (2 DAYS). grr...id rather be 10 dpo because friends daughter wedding is on the 19th...my chart says Tom due the 20th but that is if I were regular. Yeah Diana, I hope the hormone gains stop at menopause but if you still have ovaries, you will have hormone shifts

I was with someone special 2x this month. Sorry but I believe I'm not supposed to be with anyone but him. I still love him so much.. even if we can't be together.. we still get along and seem to love each other. He has issues but so do I and we both haven't been with anyone since i left. If you think I'm dumb, I understand. I heard someone talking about spouses with narcissistic personality problems and he was a therapist that encouraged couples dealing with this to not give up and he said "he might not love you WELL but he does love you. I had a terrible migraine and he took me in his arms and began rubbing my head gently where it hurt and his touch really told me how much he cared. I know about mirroring and all that but to me I'm not content leaving him in a loveless world. As long as he reaches for me, ill be there. He has been doing so much better with the kids and I'm proud of how he's grown as a parent too.

My mom hates it. If his mom knew, she'd hate it too. She's being super kind and even mentioning my faith alot. I pray God has given her a soft heart. I think im either feeling guilty or scared because I had a dream i was pregnant and couldn't figure out how to break it to people.

Anyways, I hope you all have a great day.

Old 09-17-2020, 10:20 AM   #165  

Good morning again! Was done a lot sooner at the lab then I expected to be done so was able to get the early bus home. Will go to breakfast in a few minutes.😁❤️
Closed Thread