Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2020, 12:34 AM   #226  

Diana, so happy doctors appointment went well for your dh. Will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed. 😁❤️
Old 09-24-2020, 09:29 AM   #227  

Default September 2020

Good Morning!

Rachel: Thanks for sharing your story about bacon. I went through a long period where I never bought bacon or other pork products...but when I went home, my mom and I had BLTs...mmmmmm good...I miss my mom.

Diana: Hope you figure out a solution to your digestive problems.

Two nights ago, I only biked 15 minutes/no walking. Yesterday no walking, but I biked 30 minutes and I wt. lifted. I did some knee exercises, but I have more to do. I did no planting. But I filled up 1 1/2 bushels with weeds and put top soil down around some irises. Oh, I have so much to do...It is so dry here. Ten days without rain...

Diet still so-so. Had some carrots, broccoli, meatloaf...but also kielbasa, sundae, frappe. I bought a bunch of inexpensive tv dinners. I don't feel like cooking. I usually add more veggies to it.

I finally picked up book at library. They bag their books and place them in a rack in the foyer...I paid a fine through a crack in the door. This is library in the time of corona virus.

I was able to get my car washed. I don't know why it was closed down yesterday. I still need to clean the doorways and use a special glass wax. I don't really want to do it, but it is supposed to really help deter rust.
Old 09-24-2020, 09:58 AM   #228  

Good morning! Will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.😁❤️
Old 09-24-2020, 10:29 AM   #229  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/182/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1560 +
Weigh In: 183.4
No Change

Have a Blessed day, stay safe and healthy!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

September 24

James 1:6
But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

Sybil couldn't understand why Bev kept praying about her diet. It seemed so silly. Sybil was a good Christian, but she didn't bother talking about such trivial things with God. God had much better things to do than watch people lose weight, didn't He? Still, Bev seemed to be doing much better on her diet than Sybil was. Bev didn't struggle with temptation as much, and she was much better at saying no when she was offered rich, fattening foods. Maybe Bev had something. Her prayers were obviously a help to her, and Sybil had nothing to lose but her weight. Sybil decided to ask Bev for some guidance.

Today's thought: Too much doubt rules weight loss out!
Old 09-24-2020, 11:13 AM   #230  

Good morning again! Had breakfast. Will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes. Looks like a nice day here.❤️😁
Old 09-24-2020, 08:55 PM   #231  

S/C/G: 168/139/133-138

Height: 5'8"

Default late check-in

I had to stay over at my parents last night because we don't leave Mom alone. Dad gone out of town with my brother. So no chance to check in this morning. I am not meeting my daily plan very well at all yesterday and today.
Old 09-24-2020, 09:48 PM   #232  

Good night all! Rachel, staying with your mom was your priority. Power walked and ran errands before supper. My fitness goals for today have been attained. ❤️😁
Old 09-24-2020, 10:53 PM   #233  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good evening to all
Well WI is in a holding pattern but that is ok
WO still not getting up, this has been a really stressful 2 weeks.
Did I mention that someone/something has sorta hacked me? I got a call from two major credit card companies the fraud departments...they left me voice mail I call them back. Seems someone tried to get credit cards with my info. So they both suggest that I contact transunion, etc. I did that and had them put a fraud alert on my credit. Then I get a letter from Chase bank saying the loan I applied for was denied. I don't bank at Chase either. Then I get a letter this week from finger hut saying the items I tried to pay for with the newly opened fingerhut credit was denied. Today was the topper, my employer gets an unemployment claim from the Common Wealth of MA in my name and my employers address. So stressful

ok I feel better know night chicks

Last edited by nancylmrn; 09-25-2020 at 12:48 AM.
Old 09-24-2020, 11:16 PM   #234  

Nancylmrn, you should contact your bank, too, about this so that they are aware of what has happened. Will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.
Old 09-25-2020, 12:49 AM   #235  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Thank you ciecie, don't know why that did not occur to me
Old 09-25-2020, 01:03 AM   #236  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

DH had a Covid test. He is having a nerve study done at the hospital on Monday and a covid test is required.

Nancy I'm sorry you are having to go through all of that. Very frustrating!

Total Approx 1400 calories +

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & monk fruit

Lunch (500 Calories)
We ate out at lunch because DH had to have the covid test
Salad w/lettuce, tomato, carrots, cucumbers, shredded cheese, smoked turkey w/BHF's ranch 500 calories

Dinner (500 Calories)
spaghetti squash w/asparagus 100 calories
pan cooked salmon 300 calories
vanilla pudding cup 100 calories

Exercise:
Bodylastics circuit training workout

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 09-25-2020, 06:04 AM   #237  

Default September 2020

Good Early Morning...

Nancy: Wow...Hope these problems disappear fast...

Rachel: Thinking about you and your mum

Diana: Hope MDs find nothing serious with DH.

I keep staring at the bike, but I have not moseyed over there...

I did a 15 bike ride/wt lift 2 nights ago. No situps or knee exercises. I walked last night. I garden for short periods twice yesterday. It included spading and weeding. I filled 2 bushels with weeds. I repotted another clematis. ...So much to do. I wish I was keeping up on the plantings.

Diet okay. No ice cream.
Old 09-25-2020, 07:55 AM   #238  

S/C/G: 168/139/133-138

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Nancy, ewwwww.......how awful and concerning about this credit card, etc. stuff going on. There are so many dishonest people out there. Just plain scary. I hope it all resolves well for you.

Diana, I'm glad you've come to learn what your problem foods can be. That abdominal pain sounds horrific.

I am stress-eating lately. Lots of stuff going on and I am turning to food to comfort me for the moment. This is not good. I need to get back on track, instead of falling back into old habits. I could use some prayers.

Today's plan: 1200 calories, 2 liters water, veggies, fiber, calcium, treadmill.
Old 09-25-2020, 10:53 AM   #239  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Friday!

Something else I have noticed. As I mentioned before, I take a stool softener to help with this situation. But I also take magnesium at night, which helps with relaxation as well as the constipation issue. I changed the brand of magnesium that I have been taking this past month and it's a hard tablet. I just ordered the regular capsules that I had been taking. Sometimes people don't process the hard tablets as well. So I will go back to my regular product and maybe try the apples again at a later time. Bathroom department still isn't the way it should be.

Rachel Just prayed for you as well as the check-in. We all need extra strength to get through our challenges.

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1400 +
Weigh In: 183
Down: .4

Have a Blessed day, stay safe and healthy!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

September 25

Proverbs 18:10
The name of the Lord is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.

Every few weeks or so, Ellen would go off by herself to her grandmother's farm for a day alone. She would fast for the entire day, and each time hunger would overtake her, she would pause to pray to God. She thanked Him for providing her with food and sustenance through the week. She thanked Him for her life in a country where she was free to do what she wanted to. She thanked Him that she didn't have to struggle day to day for survival. The times on the farm meant so much to her. Ellen found great strength in those times when hunger made her feel so weak. It was good to take time to be thankful.

Today's thought: I'll try not to think of what I don't have, but what I do have!
Old 09-25-2020, 11:07 AM   #240  

Good morning! nancylmrn, you’re welcome! Had breakfast. Will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes. 😁❤️
Closed Thread