Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2019, 10:14 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Granny, not sure but I'm of the position eating cholesterol DOES NOT raise your cholesterol. I watched an interesting video by Dr. Berg about it and enumerates seveal factors. It helped me balance my clients digestive system so he had less accidents. .

it's dreary here too. I still can't plant...

Terri, I know the feeling of seeing seed babies sprouting..

Rachel, do you know if they will do whitening if you still need a crown, this is my dream too ..I've spent so much on whitening products but I've never had really white teeth...

momwb, I love your obvious spellings that show you are from another country. 10 lbs!! Woot! I'm with you on the 160s. .I'm plugging away at this too...

Nancy, wow on your points! I always used my points!

Zallie, great job. I can overeat salad. I'm not kidding. I love salad. You are doing great fasting...

weekend, I totally understand that. ..chocolate is an almost impossible craving but it does serve a purpose...it provides high amount of magnesium...it is why my cravings increasing are usually a tip off TOM is real soon..

ciecie, I'm glad you got a good report...I have 6 month follow up mammogram and I don't like the feeling of being told they are "watching something" I pray for a good report in 6 mos too.

Larry, hi!! Thinking of you

syk, not too long til vegas!!!

179.6 today...hoping for lower #'s this next week. Still glad to be under 180.

Goals: 10,000 steps
64oz water
OMAD
IBR application
Start Taxes
. Put up Laundry
. Vacuum
Old 03-09-2019, 10:14 AM   #167  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciecie View Post
good night all! jendiet, my appointment went very well. he did tell me that test I had December was inconclusive for glaucoma but that my optic nerve is fine, which was the second main concern of his. I do have to go again in six months. power walked to and home from supper tonight. ran an errand on my way to supper. will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.
Ciecie That's great news!
Old 03-09-2019, 10:20 AM   #168  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

Grannynancy My total number is too high, too. My good is really high. The Dr. did some calculations and said that I stand a .7 % (something like that, it's really low) chance of having a cardiac event. So she hasn't tried to push anything on me.

Last night: Full body stretch and some exercises from the Dr.
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1565 +
Weigh In: 188.6
Up: .6 (I only have a few days left on the shingles meds!)

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

March 9

Psalm 138:7
Thought I walk in the midst of trouble, thou wilt revive me: thou shalt stretch forth thine hand against the wrath of mine enemies, and thy right hand shall save me.

I went through a terrible time when I first started dieting. Every once in awhile, I would get light-headed and my knees would buckle. It was not only embarrassing, but a bit frightening. When I spoke to the doctor about it, he told me it was just my mind playing tricks on me. He said my stomach was 'mad at me' for taking away its extra food. I didn't need as much food, but psychologically, I wanted it. I left the doctor and went out to my car to pray. Whenever I felt the light-headedness start to creep in, I asked the Lord to revive me, and He did!

Today's thought: God is all the pick-me-up I need!
Old 03-09-2019, 10:26 AM   #169  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Good morning to all
Well I really do have to find a way to 'trust the process' or 'plan' or whatever you do to keep up the lifestyle change.
WI 165.4 that is a 1.8lb drop.....is it a weekend thing or my first whoosh??? I am praying I make good choices this weekend so this stays until Wednesday. My DS is sooo sweet and good to me. She kept going on about how she wanted to earn her 5lb loss charm at ww, which she was awarded last Wed. I told her I needed something like that too so she has some type of charm surprise for me when I hit my 5lb mark on WI day. I am excited now so if this number holds until Wed I will have earned my 'charm' hehehe.....I feel like I am a kid in a candy shop ...not.

Jen what is an IBR application?
mama congrats on your loss girl

ok off to dry my hair so I can go out in 30degree weather to walk/hike lol
Old 03-09-2019, 10:31 AM   #170  
Trying to live below 200

nancylmrn Great job!
Old 03-09-2019, 11:02 AM   #171  

good morning all! grannynancy, the body does produce cholesterol. my mom's doctor used every known cholesterol medication with her to lower it. she had major side effects with each one. she and her doctor finally came to the conclusion that she was allergic to statins and that her body naturally produced higher than normal cholesterol.
Old 03-09-2019, 12:25 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 170/155/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Day 5 results

Hi All,

Well it has been 5 days.
Yesterday was on plan 990
And the weekend's plan is less than 1850 calories in order to meet the 1200 avg per week.
We will see.

I have survived so far not going to this wonderful bakery today, which had become a bad secret habit. Bootcamp then bakery! What was I thinking?
Still it is not something I am over by any means. Must be ultra vigilant or my car will autmatically head there.

Went to bootcamp this morning 1hr, but am having knee issues in addition to my elbow issue, so could not run. Did everything else though. Hard to know when to rest and when to work out. Movement I do think helps it.
Pickleball this afternoon 2 hours.

weekendboater- thanks for the encouragement. It seems hard to think I need to keep going. I am trying to think one day and one hour and even sometimes one minute at a time. It is actually sunny today!!! Yay! Maybe if you don't have it today, it will come our way tomorrow, being that you are to the east of me.

Momwannabe- Fantastic 10 bs!!!! That must feel great. And we all are where we are. I look at others and say boy I wish I could be at their weight.

nancylmm- congrats on what looks like a very good day yesterday.

Shout out to everybody to have a great Saturday.
Old 03-09-2019, 12:31 PM   #173  

S/C/G: 170/155/135

Height: 5'6"

Default What got you started and kept you going?

Hi All again,

Not sure if this is ok to ask in this forum, but I am wondering what got you started and what keeps you going in terms of losing weight.

I ask because my daughter has gained 100 pounds in a year and it is still going up.
Old 03-09-2019, 12:48 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Zallie - my older daughter was about 100lbs overweight when I started my plan. Because she is a vegetarian the gears in my own head got spinning when I found a rational plan that could be followed by either a lacto ovo or vegan vegetarian or anyone else for that matter. The motivation to me was greatly that I wanted to blaze a new path for my overweight daughters and, as of now, lean grandaughters knowing what the future would probably hold for them. After I lost about 30lbs she was supportive and I gave her a copy of the book I followed but no pressure. After I lost about 60lbs she read the book on her own and is now over 50lbs down, steadily losing and a devotee. My younger daughter is not quite ready (I would say she is about 50lbs over). The other factor was having to care for my mother after her stroke and I did not want that for my own kids to face. At 63 I sure wish I had it together earlier to face this challenge but it is what it is right? You can only go forward in life.

As much as we want to do to help our kids, I remember my dad nagging me and shaming me for my weight and my mother enabling it. It took me having to decide for myself it was time. I think you can express your concern to her in a loving way and be supportive if she makes a choice to fix the problem but, as a parent, it is so painful and so hard to watch as they must blaze their own path.

AS FAR AS YOU AND THE BAKERY - a fight I have is controlling the triggers. I am having to make peace with the fact that there are some foods I truly desire that I just need to avoid and what is sustaining me there is the notion than no momentary pleasure from ANY food matches the feeling of being in a lighter and fitter and healthier body.

Last edited by grannynancy; 03-09-2019 at 12:50 PM.
Old 03-09-2019, 12:58 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Ciece - Jendiet .... Oh yes I have believed (based on my experiences as an undergrad biochem major in the 70s) for decades that the consumption of dietary cholesterol has no real impact on cholesterol levels but the consumption of total fat and particuarly saturated and trans fats do. The whole interplay of macros and cholesterol and what is bad and what is good is probably still not resolved.

Ciece - the eyes. So what are they doing for the glaucoma review? I have an enlarged optic disc but no glaucoma and they do a more refined pressure test than the air puffs (a meter they put on the eyeball), some kind of retinal photography, and field of vision testing with a machine. It is good you are keeping up with it.

Nancy - way to go. It is working if you stick with it and I think THAT is the secret to success. Not sweating the day to day variations. This book Atomic Habits is quite interesting. It talks about letting go of the goal and working on the changes in your daily habits.

Diana - I hope that things will start dropping again when you get off the shingles medicines. I keep crossing my fingers for that new vaccine. Yikes it sounds terrible.

Teri - I envy you on your plants. I really need to get moving. We are scaled back on the garden this year and doing bed refurbishment and only growing a few things. I hope to be ready to face the fall planting with great vigor. This year I really need to put some effort into the yard. All the rain has made it not so happy I think but the weeds are loving it.

Weekend boater - Yay for getting back on track.

Last edited by grannynancy; 03-09-2019 at 01:03 PM.
Old 03-09-2019, 01:23 PM   #176  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good afternoon all,
146.8 this morning (Chinese yesterday)

Flower I have discovered pop chips, yummy

Nancy congratulations on your drop! I write my weight on the calendar every day but only let my self compare week to week. I go up and down during the week based on my eating patterns. I have adjusted so the slope sort of aligns with my weigh in day, either Thursday or Friday currently. I was down 0.8 at my weekly weigh in. I’ve pretty easily lost 50 pounds and maintained that loss within a few pounds for 15 months. The plan I follow is based on a guy’s plan called Sprengeling. Basically you eat your dailies day 1 and 2 some of your weeklies day 3,4, sometimes 5 and then back to your dailies day 6 and 7. I can’t really see everything I wrote here, but hopefully it comes across with love and a simple desire to share what has worked for me. The beauty of WW is that you can eat whatever type of foods you want, low carb, vegan or whatever like me, as long as you pay attention to portions and are mindful while eating. I love my charms, that’s great your DS is doing that for you.

going out to chip some melting ice, yay for 40 degrees.

hope everyone has a great day and weekend: sunny:

Ciecie sounds like good news from your doctor.

Last edited by kelijpa; 03-09-2019 at 01:24 PM.
Old 03-09-2019, 02:09 PM   #177  

good afternoon! zallie, I don't have a problem answering your question. the thing that got me started was weighing nearly 245 pounds! it took me nearly 30 years to get to my goal weight. power walked to and home from lunch. ran errands both ways. will go for another power walk and run another errand in a few minutes.
Old 03-09-2019, 03:06 PM   #178  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Well we finished our walk an 12,000+ step so far...DS ww tracker said we earned an extra 23 points for walking 105 min sheesh! That is an entire day's worth of points.

kelijpa thank you for some insights to ww. Since I am not officially attending meetings etc I don't know if I am following 100% but I log all my foods on a spreadsheet which right now has multiple sheets. I do like tracking things like this. Congrats on your .8 loss so far this week that is terrific. I will take all the ww advice you want to give! And I really want that charm on Wednesday LOL

granny, I have that book on 'hold' at our library so when it becomes available I plan to read it, I am only about 200th in line LOL

Ok we are off on the great hunt ...for a tripod of all things...such is our weekends.

See you all tonight

Last edited by nancylmrn; 03-09-2019 at 03:11 PM.
Old 03-09-2019, 03:47 PM   #179  

good afternoon again! just got home from power walking and running errands. will get ready to go to church as soon as i'm done checking my e-mail.
Old 03-09-2019, 05:10 PM   #180  
Trying to live below 200

Zallie I have lost a lot of weight several different times. My weight will go way up and then I will lose a lot. About continuing and sticking with it, I guess I'm just hard headed. Maintenance has always been a problem.
Closed Thread