Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2019, 07:26 AM   #46  

good morning! welcome back teri! will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
Old 03-03-2019, 12:00 PM   #47  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning to all
WI up .2 but I am not overly stress on that point. I did however snoop out every last bit of chocolate last night and ate it...don't know what came over me but I devoured two Akins bars one p/b and choc the other coconut and chocolate, so now there are no other temptations.
We are going for our 5 mile hike this am after breakfast, (very late start today, yes I was lazy and laid in bed) then up to Seattle to visit the in-laws. I dread the drive the traffic is horrible since they closed part of one of the main thoroughfares through the city and we have to go to the north end. Seattle has water on two sides so it is a long, long (not too skinny) city so straight shots through are limited to the interstate and one state highway, which a large part has been under construction. ah well.

I am planning out my lunch menu for the week, and dinner menu's. Breakfast sorta takes care of itself usually a piece of fruit and a protein drink after I get to work after my gym time. lunch for the week.....egg/tuna salad on toasted english muffin and an apple.

Ok back later this evening for my catching up time.
Old 03-03-2019, 03:01 PM   #48  

power walked to and home from lunch. ran errands on the way home from lunch.
Old 03-03-2019, 06:52 PM   #49  

Hi everyone please count me in for this month as well, it will be insanely busy here but I will be as diligent as possible in posting.

Diana, I so hope you feel better! Keep us posted

As far as my news, I feel as I have been waxing and waning. Last week was not so great and somehow I found my stance again and had a perfect OP day yesterday, day 2 today and so far so good! I hope to continue on this track, let me rephrase that...I will continue on this track! One day at a time. I am ging now to have my dinner and finish out the night. IT will not be counted as a success until tomorrow morning because anything can happen. One day at a time! So are, resisited DH's dinner, thank god! lol

Heading off to eat and I hope to catch you all soon. Have a great start to our new week. We are due for a snowstorm, ugh, but will keep you posted!
Old 03-03-2019, 07:48 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

TERRI!!!!!!! Welcome back! Hopefully you can get back into the Y soon.

Weekend, congrats on the OP day!!! Be careful with the snowstorm.

Nancy, I'm just as bad with chocolate, you are going to burn it and then some on your 5 mile hike!

ciecie, what do you normally eat for breakfast?

Diana, I pray all the swelling goes down in Jesus name. I love that devotion. I know Jesus fasted 40 days before his ministry and that kind of makes sense...

Rachel, I like spinach on my subway sandwich too. Good job on your goals. I have some days where I don't drink water like I should...

Flower, yes stay with us even if you feel you had an off plan day

Larry, hi!!!! How did the ramp come out???

syk, coconut chicken? Is it a coconut sauce??

OK 179.0 today..I tallied up my calories from tea party day. 1841. Which is my maintenance.

I helped clean up after our homeless breakfast and burned some calories scrubbing dishes, sweeping and mopping

then I took someone out to eat at Chinese restaurant. I was hungry but didn't eat like normal because I talked the whole time with her. She was a homeless lady. I remember being too poor to go out to eat, then I took her to see her cats at the humane society.

she was living in her car when it got repossessed at Walmart parking lot, her cats were living with her. The officer was nice enough to take her cats to the humane society and she was looking for a job and God blessed her with a job at the same humane society so she could see her cats...God is so good.

anyways, I ate 1 cup egg drop soup with .12 cup sesame rice, 6 fried shrimp, .25 cup garlic green beans, 4 ribs, 11/2 cups dr. Pepper. 1 fried swai fillet. I didn't eat dessert but I got enough yesterday

I mostly picked at the ribs because I really can't tell what's edible and I don't like weird textures but I wanted some...the swai is the best fish ever.

I don't know what my calories were but I also ate breakfast (eggs, 1 sausage patty) and I was hungry after street ministry. We delivered hot soup to a poor motel's residents in the pouring rain, I got soaked, very cold rain...

I ate 3 sliced roast beef, pickle, cream cheese, and a cup of tea when I got home...

so sure my calories are up there. I'm super tired and hope I do better tomorrow...

**1455 calories for today**

Last edited by jendiet; 03-03-2019 at 08:52 PM.
Old 03-03-2019, 08:33 PM   #51  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/184.8/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Update on Ms. Connie. She came to church today and guess what she has? Shingles! We commiserated together. Anyways, she is going to the Oncologist on Wednesday and they will let her know her next course of treatment. But, she is doing so much better and is stronger than when I sat with her last weekend.

Teri Welcome back!

Flower Have you received your coffee, yet? I did. I tried one of the samples, House Blend, I think. I really liked it.

Today was not a good eating day. I woke up feeling blue again. I think it was from the medicine because I felt like this the last time. I can't be going off plan with this medicine because it already causes problems for me.

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 03-03-2019, 09:42 PM   #52  

good evening! diana, so glad that your friend, connie, is doing much better! went for another power walk and run errands before supper tonight. my fitness goals for today have been attained.
Old 03-03-2019, 10:40 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 170/148/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Hi

Hi
I am new here. Hoping some daily accountability will help me lose weight

Currently the heaviest I have been.

Too embarrassed to say what I ate today.

Hoping I have the courage to post and stick with it.
Old 03-03-2019, 11:49 PM   #54  

Hi all
Diana I am SO glad to read that Miss Connie is continuing to regain her strength. Ouch that she also has shingles. I am fully expecting this current flair up YOU are experiencing to settle down very soon. And for you to adjust to the medication. Is it possible that the weight gain is due to inflammation from the flair up? Yes, I really liked the coffee from Mavericks. TYVM for the info. Glad you liked your as well. I especially the Midnight ride sample very full body (something I NEVER want said about myself ). I originally bought a pound of french decaf. going to call Ryan about the Iron horse. I did not get a sample of that. I think he said there were none left. Regardless, Monday I will order 5 lbs of decaf something. and 1 lb of caffeinated. Glad to give him the business. The cost is more than simpatico. But I felt I wanted to support Ryan. AND I think the flavor was great. So thank you again for leading me to this new find <3

Zallie Welcome. I hear ya. And just remember, we have all been where you are. Finding the right diet, and staying on it can be tricky business. The most important thing IMO is that each day we try again. I hope you will continue to post here. Successes and when you have non successes to post those as well.

Ciecie I am not surprised to read that your fitness goals for today were attained.

Teri great to see you again. Welcome back

Jen thank you for the kind words re posting even when I am not on plan. I am grateful to read them. I am certain I would not have stayed on plan today if I had not posted last night with projected allowed calories for Sunday. Maybe that's the way for me to do this. "projected caloric intake" Bless you for helping out at the "homeless breakfast". Then taking a woman who is currently homeless, out for chineese food and then to the shelter to see her cats. So sad that she is separated from her beloved cats. How awesome though that she just got a job at the humane society. Hopefully this is the beginning of a new good chapter in her life. Bless you for what you do. Street Ministry. helping those who are homeless.

Weekend of course we will count you in for every month. Life sometimes has other plans. And we cannot post as often as we want or need. I sure do get the "one day at a time". I feel like unless I am in a dieting "groove" I am not wholly reliable to myself. Hope the snowstorm is not too bad.

Nancy L I get it re: chocolate. its one of my great weaknesses. I am very impressed re the 5 mile hike. WTG!! Hope the Seattle traffic was not as heavy as anticipated. Although I do understand its very problematic. My cousin did the trip on Friday. Portland to Seattle and back. She had to get an expedited passport. Thus Seattle.

Rachel I didnt see your Question on your post when I posted around the same time early Sunday morning. I hear ya re drinking more water. I have a terrible time with that. Maybe drinking water before each meal would help a bit. I tend to be more willing to drink water with org lemon juice and stevia.

Kelijpa I didnt know Al Fresco made chicken bacon. Will check that out on their website.

G Nancy hope your search call turned out to be successful.

Emily, Larry and Jules

today I had 1270 calories. No chocolate. I think the difference was
1) writing on Sat night what my projected calories for Sunday would be
2) doing a lot of free online healing gazes with a woman named "Angel Ann". She is VERY angelic. And she works with the angels. I think doing that livestream at 2pm, 3, 5, 6 and 7pm really helped. Okay, enough of the woo, lol.

Coffee 200
vegan robbs puffs with added powdered onion and garlic on them 500
chicken stir fry with coconut aminos. No oil in the stir fry 300
Salad with 1 1/2 oz of low calorie feta. 2 T BHF dressing 240
sample of bamba with freeze dried grape halves 30.
Total 1270
Edited in: Brother texted me at midnight. Mother is in hospital. Was too late to call her. Did not get too many details from brother other than its pneumonia. he did not respond to my reply. And it seems she will be okay. He said she will go home Monday or Tuesday. Although my anxiety condition is in overdrive now. Two years ago she was in ICU because of pneumonia. She never fully got back her health after all the cortisone they had to give her. Will have to wait until late morning to call her. My brother is NOT user friendly. So I cannot call him. Thus many cups of hot chocolate...probably followed by klonapin, lol. Positive thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Again, my anxiety Is in overdrive ATM . Thanks <3

I hope everyone has a great Monday !!!

Last edited by flower123; 03-04-2019 at 03:55 AM.
Old 03-04-2019, 03:50 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 168/147.5/138

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Zallie, to this most compassionate, uplifting, nonjudgmental group. It is helping me tremendously to be able to share my little successes and being honest about my failures during this journey of losing my excess weight & establishing healthy eating and exercise habits which will enable me to maintain goals.Hope you decide to join us!!

Jendiet, my heart goes out to that homeless woman. You have an amazing ministry! I'm so glad the lady can still visit her kitties at the humane society. I don't know what I'd do if I had to give up my beloved furbabes.

Yesterday's goals were not met. It was Scrabble day with family and treats are always involved which I choose to enjoy! Allowed myself 1830 calories so that's 630 over my daily goal of 1200. BUT my weekly average turned out to be 1279 for the week so I'm happy with that. Back on track today.

Today's goals:
treadmill, situps and stretching, fiber, veggies, 2 liters water & 1200 calories.

May you all be hopeful today.
Old 03-04-2019, 05:17 AM   #56  

good morning! welcome to the group zallie! will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
Old 03-04-2019, 05:46 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 170/148/135

Height: 5'7"

Default First day goals

Flower123

Thank you for welcoming me. Hope everything goes well with your mom and that she recovers quickly. That is rough. Be gentle with yourself. Sending positive thoughts your way.

Rachel1234

Thank you for welcoming me. I do hope I can be honest and supportive. Way to go on the 1276 average for the week!

Today's goal is less than 500 cal. Want to aim for less than 1200 average for the week, but have my bday this week and will eat more than that on that day.
Old 03-04-2019, 06:55 AM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zallie View Post
Flower123

Today's goal is less than 500 cal. Want to aim for less than 1200 average for the week, but have my bday this week and will eat more than that on that day.
Zallie, I hope you will not spend too many days eating 500 calories. 1200 average for the week sounds puuuurfect. Wjen is your birthday? I will want to wish you a happy birthday on that day ! BTW, thanks for the kind wishes for my mom (and me) . I am grateful <3.

Last edited by flower123; 03-04-2019 at 06:57 AM.
Old 03-04-2019, 06:57 AM   #59  

good morning again! just did 2 miles leslie Sansone. will have breakfast in a few minutes. will be going to see dad today. have a doctors appointment tomorrow.
Old 03-04-2019, 07:43 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 265/137/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 63 YO

Hey just popping in 135.2 - not feeling too good today - nothing major - but of a tummy upset. Search did not find anything but that is typical for this type of search and gives more information to look elsewhere. Training ok. Eating ok. Steps ok. Just wanted to check in. This week may be light. Very busy at work.
Closed Thread