3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   March 2019 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/317044-march-2019-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome.html)

Diana3271 02-28-2019 10:23 PM

March 2019 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

Hi, Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great month!

nancylmrn 02-28-2019 11:54 PM

Thank you Diana for being so consistent with starting the new thread each month, we could never do it without you! xxoo

I am off to bed in a few, tummy is angry with me or maybe with the invisible PF, she went MIA many days ago, hope she shows soon before I have to break down a drink a cup of tea.

Back in the am

Diana3271 03-01-2019 08:21 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...iles/wavey.gif Happy Weekend!

nancylmrn Welcome back!

Last night: Full Body Stretch and some exercises from the Dr.
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1565 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 185.8
Down: .4

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your weekend!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

March 1

Romans 5:3

And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience.

The growl of his stomach sounded like a ferocious beast. He felt light-headed and nervous. He kept telling himself that he couldn't really be hungry; it was just his imagination. The gnawing hunger would not abate. Before long he just felt like crying. As much as he wanted to lose weight, he just couldn't face the beast that growled in his midsection. In disgust, he pushed away from his desk and headed out to eat. A hard part of dieting is showing our stomach who is boss. When our stomachs rule, we lose. Turn to the Lord when weakness sets in. He will see us through.

Today's thought: I'm not letting my stomach push me around anymore!

grannynancy 03-01-2019 08:29 AM

Good Morning 133.0 bump up. LOL PF had a party at my house yesterday, therefore my weight goes up. Go figure :). I think the sodium from the other day catching up and tonight is dinner. Mexican restaurant. Planning on the Pollo Asado, Rice, Guacamole salad ...... so I know my sodium will again go out the roof. This am BP was 99/63 with no meds though....[day 2 off - mine is *safe* to do that with (no rebound effect)] - so Yesterday was 1796 in 1711 out and 15,671 steps. Had too much popcorn even though I did not do the oil. Already have in 9160 today. Tomorrow is a search with Beau and afterwards we have team training.

Nancy - I will tell the PF she can give me a break and come visit you. I have gone back to adding in prunes with all that fiber I eat and they do help and my magic elixer of 500mg Vitamin C (chewable) and 40 oz of water works quite well and quickly.

Diana - YES! Thank you so much for consistently keeping this moving. I know that the logging and support here has gone a long way to my success - I use it as a reminder to plan my days and as an opportunity to gather my thoughts and commit each day.

kelijpa 03-01-2019 08:30 AM

Good morning all,
146.5 this morning

down a couple from yesterday. Put myself back in losing mode to get to my personal goal again. Always evolving, adjusting.
March is a good time for me to tighten things up. We have a trip planned for April so an extra incentive.

I am a weight watcher in maintenance, I have a long history of regaining my weight, so working extra hard on making sure that doesn’t happen. The program isn’t hard, slipping back into old habits is easy, though.

Hope everyone has a great day and wonderful March. Spring is on the way:sunny::grouphug:

Diana3271 03-01-2019 08:43 AM

Welcome back, everyone!

ciecie 03-01-2019 09:31 AM

good morning! had breakfast and got some things done around the house. will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes. :D

TealWaters 03-01-2019 10:06 AM

Good morning, everyone! I am new to 3FC. I almost reached goal years ago but lost my mom a few years back and everything went downhill. I gained back everything plus more. I’m currently 173, hoping to get to 130-135 or so. I’m 48 and it is feeling more overwhelming and almost undoable at times. It will only get worse and harder as I get older. My biggest issue is serving sizes, eating sometimes when I’m not hungry, and getting moving (besides chasing the daycare kids, I run a home daycare). I bought myself indoor only shoes and it has made it easier for me to just take some spins around the house while the kids are busy. During part of their nap time, I walk the stairs and do more spins around the house. I plan to add Walk Away the Pounds. I have to stay inside when they are here (besides when we go out to play or walk, weather permitting) but I’m making it work to get exercise in. I’m going to focus on 5 pound mini goals, seems way more doable than the whole goal. I look forward to *meeting* you all!

Rachel1234 03-01-2019 10:25 AM

oops! I posted on Feb. thread

Jendiet, I have a personal to you on Feb. thread. I forgot it is March 1st.

TealWaters, Welcome! I can relate to you in some ways. You seem like a spring chicken at 48, but I am older also (56) and have been up and down over the years. It does get harder as one gets older. I am trying very hard to establish good habits to be able to maintain once I get back to my goal weight.

Like you, I am focusing on 5 pound increments at a time to make it seem more doable. I am rewarding myself with something I want at each 5 pound mark! That part is fun!

I have found that being accountable to this wonderful group has been extrememely helpful to me; it's not something I had done before.

nancylmrn 03-01-2019 10:45 AM

Well good morning to all....whoo hoo a new month and a new goal for me. I am aiming for being at the 160lb mark by then end of the month. This morning WI is a mystry to me with a gain of 1.2lb so back up to 167.8 Don't think it is sodium since last night's dinner was cod and some frozen corn and no popcorn. Wednesday night was no dinner with air popped pop corn light salt. I am thinking it is that little pissy PF playing with me...again.
granny send her my way, or else I have to resort to drastic measures and drink the dreaded tea.
Rachael, I too am aiming for 5lb goals for a non food reward....as for age....sheesh you are still a spring chicken...I am at the (almost) 61 mark and think granny is at 63? (correct me if I am wrong granny) you are only as old as you feel btw.
TealWaters welcome to the check in, we are a very mixed bag of chickies so sit back, post what you want and we are here to support through the good, bad and ugly
kelijpa good to see you!, I started the cheater versionof ww on 2/16 piggy backing off my sisters account but logging all in a spreadsheet. I am suprise how easy it is to follow
Diana I wish I could reach through here and give you a big :hug: for keeping us all in line an accountable by starting this thread each month
jen, ciecie, larry, weekend and everyone I am sorry I forgot can't wait to read the new posts!

JulesMarion 03-01-2019 10:48 AM

How is it March already?
Thank you for starting the new thread Diana! And yay for 185! I hope you are feeling better after your meds?

Granny I really appreciate your mentality toward weight loss and maintenance - you are so focused. I feel a little too fluid with my goals, sometimes I don’t know what I want! Haha. I guess that’s the beauty of self improvement and growth. While I’m not currently in my ‘weight loss’ mode (more of a holding pattern) I am making headway in relationships and emotional ways. I guess I should say that my physical weight loss is on pause while I lose emotional baggage. ;)

Jen I’m so sorry you binged! I know how defeating that feels. I had a very hard time at the same weight you are, and strangely (or not strangely) enough there was a lot of emotional turmoil in my life the last time I weighed that weight and when I worked through the issues I also was able to skip through that weight bracket to the 170s. Not saying that is what is going on, but it’s worth a thought. Praying for you this morning.
Nancy what is this tea? I have issues in the PF department as well. Aye aye aye.
Emily I hope wedding plans are going well!!
Rachel I think 5 lb goals are great, what are some of the things you reward yourself with?
Hi to all! (And welcome!) I didn’t do everyone - I am trying to go from memory here.

Diana3271 03-01-2019 11:12 AM

TealWaters Welcome to the check-in. :welcome2: I also lost my Mom and had a gain. After that we have had one huge stressor after another. It has been difficult to get that gain back off but I'm still trying. Congrats for getting back on the wagon and working toward your goal.

jendiet 03-01-2019 12:33 PM

Teal, welcome and sorry about your loss! What are indoor only shoes???

Diana, perfect devotion because my stomach has been really bossy. Especially since I cheated on the CAD and that brings back hunger and cravings. I woke up yesterday with my stomach growling ferociously and then was hit with wanting coffee and donuts first thing but I told myself if I really wanted donuts, I could have some with dinner but then dinner came and I didn't go to the store so I was unsatisfied....pile on all the triggers and I binged. I woke up with another day of ferociously growling stomach..

I fed it with homemade shred cheese crisps and turkey sausage and coffee and it's calm now...but I hate trying to tame the beast...congratulations on 185!!

Jules, i always have upsetting things in my life, I have been able to conquer binging and purging with God's help, but I do occasionally binge. I appreciate the encouragement.

Nancy, I pray for relief of your constipation. I finally did get some with smooth move tea, but that was weird and thankfully my body normalcy kicked back in.

Rachel thank you. My biggest thing is to turn my emotions outward NOT by eating or NOT eating but by praying to God for help to endure and process the emotions

Keli, I found the 170s through WW online point plus program and I do like it...glad you are in losing mode again

Larry, wow that chicken sounds good. Wish I had an IP, I'd try it.

Granny, your dinner sounds lovely, and your hard work is paying off. What a blessing to be off BP meds....

nancylmrn 03-01-2019 02:07 PM

**update forgot to mention I did make it to the gym again this morning that is 2 weeks in a row M-F but this morning my body was protesting very strongly. Took 34 min on the elliptical to reach my 4,000 step goal instead of 27 min. And I skipped workout with weights. My knee was feeling wobbly, my glutes are sore (must be from Wednesday) so this combination along with no show/no call PF can explain the gain????? Just thinking outloud :nono:

TealWaters 03-01-2019 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jendiet (Post 5383394)
Teal, welcome and sorry about your loss! What are indoor only shoes???

Thank you much!

Normal tennis shoes, just ones I do not wear outside. I do not allow outdoor shoes to be worn in the house, especially with my daycare children playing and crawling on the floor. I normally was barefoot or wore socks. Keeping shoes on all day allows me to do laps around the house (inside) any chance I can.

Thank you all for the welcome and kind words!