Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2019, 11:10 AM   #31  

jendiet, thanks! just got back from power walking and running errands. will power walk and run errands on my to and home from lunch.
Old 03-02-2019, 11:44 AM   #32  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all,
145.7 this morning

Diana so sorry you’re dealing with shingles. Hope you’re cured with this next round of medicine and healing prayers that are being said for you.

Jendiet you’re doing great, recovering quickly from the binges. There are a number of zero points foods on WW now, you’re supposed to eat until satisfied, pay attention to your body’s hunger signals. There may be some posts in the WW forum here on 3fc, I haven’t been over there in awhile. It gets busy and then tapers off.

Ciecie great job getting stuff done!

Going to try some some salmon burgers we got at Sam’s, trying some different things. We bought sea cuisine salmon with honey chipotle crust that was good. I recently bought some chicken bacon, I think the brand was Al Fresco, it crisped up in the microwave quickly and was really good crumbled on a salad instead of bacon bits.

Hope everyone has a great day at day and weekend

Last edited by kelijpa; 03-02-2019 at 11:45 AM.
Old 03-02-2019, 11:59 AM   #33  

thanks kelijpa! will power walk and run errands on my way to and home from lunch.
Old 03-02-2019, 12:02 PM   #34  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning to all!
PF showed up to the party not only yesterday afternoon but this morning and I feel so much better. I just regret I had to use some 'slim dieters tea' to get the PF off the couch. But if I analyze it I started ww 2 weeks ago which is a new form of eating after being low carb for over 2 years so it could just be an adjustment to eating a different variety of foods now. IKN....anyway I hope the insides start paying attention and work without the help of the PF, her wand is broken a lot of the times.
WI back down (big surprise) 166.4 and I hope this holds until Wednesday morning when I have my official WI.
Today will mostly be errands and I am not seeing much opportunity to get my steps in unless I can talk DH into a short hike. I know Sunday will be ok

Jen, I am thinking of you and you are strong you will get through the party, it is only a few hours, you can resist any temptation...you are strong and your mind is strong, your faith is strong, trust yourself. I did end up with 16pts eaten yesterday, I ate an Atkins p/b bar last night which is 8 pts but I was having a chocolate craving. If you google ww free points you can see a huge list of 'free' foods but like kelijpa says you listen to you body and eat until satisfied so for me that means eating slower.

Diana great job on the loss, and I want to shake the shingles right out of you but instead you have my prayers driving the virus out.

Rachael, I love your rewards! my DS and I were talking and she is officially doing ww while I am piggybacking on her account, she is excited to almost be at her 5lb mark and I guess they get some kind of charm at the meetings(?) anyway I told my DS I wanted her to think of something we can celebrate together as sisters as we lose so I am waiting to see what we come up with.

granny I love your earn it/eat it system for popcorn LOL mini rewards are sometimes the best guilty free pleasure

back later chicks

Old 03-02-2019, 12:40 PM   #35  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

morning ladies!!! I am late to the March party, I know

TealWaters I am having the same issue losing now as you are, and I am also 48! I used to be able to just go low carb for a week or so and drop 5 pounds, now I am lucky if I drop 1

Last night DH took me out to Morton's Steakhouse to celebrate my passing the CPA exam...thankfully we had $100 in gift cards! He still had to spend that much of his own on top of it. It was VERY good, and I was pretty well-behaved

To catch up a little -Yesterday looked like this:
b - hard boiled egg
l - gluten free Hawaiian pizza and gluten free wings from Fresh Brothers (my friend/coworker's bday was last week and I promised her we would order for lunch)
d - 6 oz. filet mignon, creamed spinach (WOW), and some dinner bread (onion flavor!) also had a Tito's martini

needless to say I haven't had the chance to drop the 3 water pounds yet I picked up last week! DH and I did do cardio on Tuesday night, and we walked 3 miles on Wednesday night. We both realize we need to start moving more again - since I've been involved in trying to get my CPA we stopped doing much walking, hiking, cardio...we used to ride our bikes 20 miles a few times a week, I know some of you remember. I had gotten down to 152. Well fast forward 2 years and 10 pounds later and I have GOT to fix it.

so far I am just having coffee this morning...it's raining again here in So Cal! I haven't seen this much rain in years. We'll do something active today, either lift weights or cardio. Maybe go to Costco and get these wraps I heard about that are made mostly of cheese and are lactose and gluten free. They look like a tortilla! I need to get iced tea, too.

I am now working on the CalCPA Ethics exam...I have to get 90 on it to pass and then I can get my license. More money! whatever. I have done almost half of it - it's hard but it's online and open book (pdf) and you can take it 3 times before you have to pay another 150 to get another 3 chances. My exam scores don't ever expire so It's just a matter of getting this done. I know people that passed their exams last year and still haven't even signed up to do the ethics exam - not me! I am getting this thing done!

Back later!

Last edited by Syckgirlsfv; 03-02-2019 at 12:42 PM.
Old 03-02-2019, 04:15 PM   #36  
California licensed CPA!

okay so my breakfast/lunch was:
Del Real Carnitas w/hot salsa verde and light sour cream w/2 cauliflower flatbreads. This was AMAZING! I put the meat and salsa and sour cream on top of the flatbreads, which are the size of a street taco, and ate them like street tacos! They were ridiculous! We are going to Costco now...later!
Old 03-02-2019, 04:38 PM   #37  

good afternoon! power walked and ran errands on my way to and home from lunch. will power walk to church tonight.
Old 03-02-2019, 08:04 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

HI everyone. I have not tallied up my calories yet, but I was pretty careful. I only ate my kids left over cake/donuts and mostly enjoyed 3 cups hot tea. I did eat 2 scones, 1 raspberry cookie, 1.5 thin slice homemade cake (2oz), 5 sandwich (squares, triangles, stars)1/4 sandwhich each, 1 tablespoon spinach dip, 15 mini pretzels, 1/2 ds3 chocolate covered donut hole, 1 lady finger, 1/2 ds3 cup cake (no icing).

The sandwiches were ham, chicken salad, and cucumber

the cake did not have much frosting (ds3 ate it). He also licked the frosting off the cupcake.

ds2 went out to jump on the trampoline and came in shortly after and said "I just remembered why I don't play right after I eat) lol...we all burst out laughing

syk, how do you make Cauliflower flat breads?? I'm glad you had a nice dinner with DH. I felt the same way about getting my BSN after Nursing school. Get it done!

Nancy, I grew up in a house with 5 kids and we often did not have food while my dad was on the road (trucker). When we had food it was a "you snooze you lose" we learned to scarf food and be the first to get seconds...

eating slow and enjoying food is a tool I use too. The kids scarfed a melay of food and ran from the table. I sat with my tea and scones...

I love that you get to lose weight with your sister.

keli, is chicken bacon like turkey bacon?

Rachel, you are doing great on your daily goals. I got my new tracker in the mail and am at 5506 steps right now on it...I'm missing a couple thousand from this morning though..

Last edited by jendiet; 03-02-2019 at 08:13 PM.
Old 03-02-2019, 09:22 PM   #39  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

I'm back to feeling wonky on the shingles medicine.

Total Approx 1615 calories +

Breakfast ( 250 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (650 calories)
iced coffee 50 calories
2 small coconut fried shrimp 150 calories
salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 450 calories

Dinner (715 calories)
individual package popcorn 70 calories
pineapple 100 calories
chicken & rice soup 200 calories
extra carrots & celery 50 calories
chicken 125
skinny cow protein ice cream sandwich 170 calories

Exercise
45 minute outdoor walk and I already have my 10,000 steps in

Have a Blessed Evening

Last edited by Diana3271; 03-02-2019 at 09:31 PM.
Old 03-02-2019, 10:56 PM   #40  
California licensed CPA!

Jen I buy then from a place called CaliFlour foods...I order them online. They are expensive, but I love them and the pizza crusts. I also have their cauliflower/yellow lentil pasta!

Dinner was this YUMMY soup I got at Costco: Coconut Chicken very happy, so good!
I'm going to have some wine and chill...night all!
Old 03-02-2019, 11:39 PM   #41  

good night all! power walked to and home from church tonight. ran an errand on the way home.
Old 03-03-2019, 03:07 AM   #42  

Default I am back...

Hi!

I am so glad this group is still here!!!!! Hope you all are doing great.

I have not been around for a couple of months...and it shows...and I have not been working out. That is really unusual. I usually work out almost everyday. It has been too cold to walk and I have not gone to the Y to work out in about 6 months. That is not good.

Anyway, it will take me a while to get back into things.
Old 03-03-2019, 04:04 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Diana, oh how frustrating for you with this shingles struggle! I am praying for you. May He touch you with His healing Hand.

Jendiet, thank you so much for your encouragement on my upcoming reward (tooth whitening) and on reaching some of my daily goals! I appreciate it so much.

Nancylmrn, congrats on your loss! How fun for you and your DS to think of a reward you can celebrate together! Be sure to share it with us when you think of one!

Flower, where are you???

Met most of yesterday's goals. Still need to focus a little more on getting my water in. I need to try to remember Ciecie's tip of drinking a glass before my meals. Also I didn't get many veggies in yesterday, except for a little spinach on my Subway.

Today's goals: fiber, veggies, 1200 calories, 2 liters water.

May you all have a special Sunday today!
Old 03-03-2019, 04:41 AM   #44  

Hi all
i stayed away because I have relented tontoo much chocolate. Just got somewhat out of control calorically. I know everyone graciously said to not stay away when this happens. But I want to add to successes here.

I am on the ipad. So I am not going to write much today. But this post comes with a commitment to write more late Sunday, as well as to read posts from the end of February.

For now, just a few personals.

TealWayers welcome. Great that you are here. Congrats on the decision to commit to losing. This group will be of much support.

Diana, sorry the shingles has flared up a bit. I am going to see the rash as quickly getting under control, and healing.

Syck On passing the CPA exam. I am so happy for you! Glad you had a good night out in celebration.

Goal for Sunday 1400 calories. Will write more late Sunday night.

I hope you all have a great day!

Old 03-03-2019, 07:17 AM   #45  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Thank you for the prayers for me. I really appreciate it. I woke very swollen this morning. Again, my feet are tight in my slippers. I noticed yesterday evening that my shoulder on the opposite side of shingles was hurting. I am actually kinda achy all over. Not sure if that's from the virus or medication. I remember feeling rotten when I got on meds a couple weeks ago, but it seemed to subside as I went along.

Last night: Full Body Stretch and some exercises from the Dr.
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1615 +
Weigh In: 186.8
Up: 1.2 pounds (medicine ?)

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

March 3

Matthew 28:20
'teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world.' Amen.

A friend of mine fasts regularly, and to my astonishment, he never complains or seems to be the least bit ruffled by the experience. For myself, I find that fasting changes my whole disposition. I asked him his secret once, and he said, 'It's no secret, really. All I do is pretend that the empty feeling in my stomach is really the Holy Spirit moving around, making itself comfortable inside. That way, the gnawing isn't unpleasant but it's quite comforting to think that God is so very close.' I tried to follow my friend's advice, and it has worked wonders for me. Try it today.

Today's thought: I will let my hunger turn my mind to God!
Closed Thread