Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2019, 06:05 AM   #316  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning 134.4 and BP 108/72 with 21,261 steps and 1868 calories in 2101 out

Had grandkids over last night. Wow all are growing up. They went to see the movie 5 feet apart and not the "how to train your dragon 2" (or whatever), cried during the movie and came to the house and drank chamomile tea with honey. The older one is now 5'5+" at 16 and the younger one is 5'4" and will be 14 in about a month. They are going with to dog training as the want to help out so they will hide for search dogs.

Today is planned and is currently 1492 calories. May adjust based on exercise. Need to drink more water today. Apparently crazy lady is out of town this weekend. She is going to Florida with her kids for a track meat. I said "I hope a shark eats her" I know that is catty but...

Flower - congrats on the weight loss!
Zallie, Diana - This group has been so helpful for me too! So important to keep up the daily momentum and think/pray about everyone else on this journey!
Teri - we have huge thickets of Rhododendron and Mountain Laurel here in the western mountains. Lovely and that reminds me I need to look at bloom schedule as there is are lovely places off the blue ridge parkway when they are in bloom that are easily accessible. Getting DH speed up with me on walking in the am as some of the hikes are a bit strenuous.
Nancy - what a creative way to make soup!

Last edited by grannynancy; 03-16-2019 at 06:50 AM.
Old 03-16-2019, 08:02 AM   #317  

S/C/G: 170/155/135

Height: 5'6"

Morning All
161.0 down 1+lb Didn't expect that. Probably too good to be true- water.

5528 calories consumed up until the weekend, which means 2872 available for the weekend or 1436 each day. That is good as I am aiming for 1200 avg for the week and weekends being home and around food are more challenging.

Grannynancy- so you do search and rescue with your dogs? How rewarding and fun and difficult that must be! Does that mean you also are good at normal obedience training? I want to learn how to do that well myself. Our dog of 16 years died last year and I am waiting until I have more time, before I get another. Although he came when called, and did not pull on the leash, I never worked hard enough and was consistent enough to train him to stay indefinitely or to stop barking on command. He was a smart sheltie and loved challenges.
Old 03-16-2019, 08:04 AM   #318  

good morning! zallie, congrats on the loss! will have a breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
Old 03-16-2019, 09:11 AM   #319  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

Last night: Full body stretch and some exercises from the Dr.
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1515
Weigh In: 188.8
Same weigh as I was prior to the binge.

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

March 16

Psalm 33:21
For our heart shall rejoice in him, because we have trusted in his holy name.

The Psalms are a wonderful example of what it means to put trust in the Lord. David shared both his trials and his triumphs with his God. In every situation, David turned to God for guidance and support. David was a spiritual giant because he recognized the source of all that he was and could ever hope to be. We can be like David. If we will turn to God for His strength and courage in the face of our trials, He will provide for our every need. When we diet, we can rejoice in the fact that God will honor and bless our trust in Him.

Today's thought: The diet I keep will bring me joy and fulfillment!
Old 03-16-2019, 10:05 AM   #320  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning to all! I am up early on a Saturday to meet with DS and we will go for a 5 mile brisk walk....I know on a Saturday and the sun is just coming up right?

WI down .6 today and I will take it...I am beginning to get excited as the 160lb mark is approaching today was 162.2. I know this will be a quick fly by too, sorry. Oh and today we are taking my mom out to lunch for her 85th birthday......so back later enjoy your Saturday, the weather will be fine LOL
Old 03-16-2019, 01:08 PM   #321  

S/C/G: 170/155/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Trying not to binge

Right now writing, because I feel like eating bread from the bakery that is calling to me, and I know if I go there I won't stop at one slice.

Very strong urge here. In part because I had a rare piece of bread in an avocado sandwich and in part because, I hurt my back moving furniture last night and that made it so I shouldn't play pickleball. And I suspect I get tons of dopamine from playing. It is a real downer when I can't.
Old 03-16-2019, 01:46 PM   #322  

S/C/G: 181/169/150

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone. What a relief to have got to the end of the report deadline. Our schools are on break for 2 weeks, but I'm in my private practice (my other job) for the next 2 weeks. Grateful for the work.

100g up this morning, so back to 77.0. I will take it as it was date night last night. I was beautifully spoiled after my hectic week with dinner made for me and lots of bubbles (champagne). So far just a chicken salad tonight. Really need sleep!!
Old 03-16-2019, 01:47 PM   #323  

S/C/G: 181/169/150

Height: 5'4

Zallie:good job on being mindful of the repercussions of eating the bread. You've got this.
Old 03-16-2019, 02:42 PM   #324  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default good afternoon!

My computer was shut down for a few days! I'll catch up on personals a bit later but wanted to check in. Staying on plan.
Old 03-16-2019, 03:26 PM   #325  

good morning! went for three power walks today. one of the power walks included a trip to the recycling center. power walked to lunch after going there. power walked home and then to a local convenience store for a slice of their delicious pepperoni pizza for supper tonight. will get cleaned up and power walk to church tonight.
Old 03-16-2019, 07:37 PM   #326  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

HI all. I have had a very UNPRODUCTIVE DAY.

I slept in. Woke up to 179.0. Was supposed to take trash but ended up trying to revive dead pixels on my computer screen until I just couldn't try anymore!!!

I wanted to try to get back into writing but I always get hung up on something and now it's this...but I did reread my last chapter. I don't know where I'm going with it yet so I'm doubly frustrated. So frustrated at computer and with writing...

don't even know if I should start my taxes on my laptop..
I know it saves in the tax software...but I just don't want to look at the black patches on the screen and be annoyed. Pretty sure the flash plug in doesn't work correctly entering data on my phone...

Granny, amazing how kids grow. I bet it's a shocker when you don't see them every day. Yay for CL being out of town. No, we don't want our enemies to get eaten by sharks or lions or bears. Big Hugs.

Zallie, sometimes bread has that allure to me to....I CAN eat treats at my 1 hr meal but it's getting there and then deciding which one or two to have....usually it would be something like that....it was calling me all day...

Ciecie, just wow...have fun at church tonight..

Rachel, hey!! Great job staying on plan

momwb, way to go, spring break already? I'm glad you have another income but I bet you could use a break?

Diana. Yay on being back to prebinge weight..

had 1200 calories today. Now that cravings are dying down, maybe get scale moving back down!! Wish I had done more, might do a workout to make up for it...
Old 03-16-2019, 08:43 PM   #327  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zallie View Post
Right now writing, because I feel like eating bread from the bakery that is calling to me, and I know if I go there I won't stop at one slice.

Very strong urge here. In part because I had a rare piece of bread in an avocado sandwich and in part because, I hurt my back moving furniture last night and that made it so I shouldn't play pickleball. And I suspect I get tons of dopamine from playing. It is a real downer when I can't.
Zallie How did you to? Were you able to continue to fight the urge off?

Last edited by Diana3271; 03-16-2019 at 08:43 PM.
Old 03-16-2019, 10:03 PM   #328  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1420 calories +

Breakfast ( 260 calories & )
Organic Valley protein shake 260 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (430 calories)
Market salad @ Chick-fil-a w/BHF ranch 430 calories

Dinner (730 calories)
before dinner I got hungry - grapes 150 calories
soup made with Health Valley No Salt Added Minestrone (I added some salt) 180 calories
okra & carrots 75 caloris
chicken 125 calories
vanilla Greek yogurt w/blueberries 200 calories

Exercise
No workout to report, but I was busy all day. We have a special event at church tomorrow. A Gospel group is coming in to perform and share testimonies with us. We are also having a luncheon after. So me and my friend set everything up for that. I went to pick up groceries for a church member. She is handicap and the ramp on her van is broken so she can't get out. I have done this for a couple weeks now. I feel so blessed to be able to do this for her. I feel like I am getting more out of it than she is. Then I got my car washed and got my own groceries. Came home, cooked dinner and then cleaned up after. I have only just sat down. I am still working on my steps. It's hard to believe I don't have them all in yet.

Have a Blessed Evening
Old 03-16-2019, 11:48 PM   #329  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Good evening to all!
Had a great day here with almost 20,000 steps courtesy of that 6+ mile walk and a normal walking Saturday....Sheesh even got in a nap.
It was great this afternoon to take my mom out for her birthday. We had a great lunch and I kept my food choices good. So much so I was not hungry this evening so I snacked on grapes and am full now.

Back in the am and +my fingers get my personals caught up. I have read everything btw
Old 03-17-2019, 12:26 AM   #330  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Granny Happy Birthday to your mom!!! And wow 6 miles...

Zallie, I hope you beat the craving

I DID MY TAXES but I don't know of I got my efile pin wrong because I couldn't figure out how I saved my tax forms last year and since I had to file extra forms, I paid more!!! Blah. I sure hope I didn't get that pin wrong....

I'll know in the next 24-48 hrs.

ok, I had to have a hot cup of tea while doing this because it's a pain ...I resisted eating fruit snacks or getting into anything else...PRAISE GOD...
Closed Thread