Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2019, 08:51 PM   #181  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

I mentioned last week about wanting to eat my lighter meals on the weekend, instead of what I make for DH. I chose not to do that tonight. I made burgers and I haven't had one in a long time. I really wanted a burger, LOL. I also opted to share the cake with DH, too, but instead of eating 1/2 I ate 1/3. Next week I will go back to my lighter meal on Saturday night.

Total Approx 1545 calories +

Breakfast ( 250 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (420 calories)
Chick-fil-a market salad w/BHF's ranch 420 calories

Dinner (875 calories)
cheese burger 525 calories
few baked french fries 150 calories
cake 200 calories

Exercise
55 minute outdoor walk

Have a Blessed Evening
Old 03-09-2019, 08:56 PM   #182  
Trying to live below 200

Grannynancy Do yo feel that the new probiotic has been helpful at all?

Flower I wanted to tell you that I tried another of the Maverick coffee samples. It was the Dark French Roast. It was really good, no bitterness at all. I like darker coffee but sometimes there is just too much bitterness and smokiness. But not with the Maverick brand. I still have some coffee from before I ordered the Maverick coffee so I haven't tried the ones I purchased, yet. But I really like what I have tried so far. I really hate it when I like the good (expensive) stuff. It happens every time.
Old 03-09-2019, 10:19 PM   #183  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Sheesh I am all over the place this evening LOL
But steps so far just shy of 17,000 and for me that is a lot of step. I even got a nap in!
Tonights dinner, spicy chicken breast tenders and 'mock' spanish rice then homemade black bean patty, this meal a total of 4 pt so 8 pts total today but I get to have popcorn tonight...another 4 points bringing me up to 12 for the day, so tech I can still eat another 11 pts and that would be easy....sheesh one mini snickers would do it hahaha

Diana the hamburger sounds wonderful!!!

Old 03-09-2019, 10:50 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

I love all of you. Really in a pissy mood. Binged again. Don't want to talk about it. Got 90% laundry done. 1/3 Vacuum job. 6340 steps. No paperwork. My forehead looks like an 80 year old wrinkled head and my cheeks are broke out like a teenagers zit face.

I'm going to try to get up to help with homeless breakfast tomorrow. God please let me sleep.
Old 03-09-2019, 11:44 PM   #185  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

JEN
Old 03-10-2019, 01:25 AM   #186  

S/C/G: 181/169/150

Height: 5'4

Good morning,everyone. Hope it's a beautiful Sunday wherever you are. It was ridiculously windy here yesterday, but I've woken to a stunning day. Hope the wind doesn't pick up again. There's a massive international cycle tour happening today and a few years ago it was cancelled because of the wind. Hope that doesn't happen today. I can hear the cows mooing though which often means rain according to the famers. Let's hope! Our dam levels have been steadily dropping with the heat. But it looks like it may be an early winter given the last few cold days. So, that's the weather report done! :-)

100 grams up this morning, not bad and keeps me just just just under the 170 lb mark. Must try and stay there. I ate more than usual yesterday including a big everning meal of chicken schitzel, low fat cheese sauce and stuffed butternut. So I'll eat a bit lighter tonight and see what happens. Going to take my mom and my little one to a wine farm for coffee so my little one can jump on the jumping castle. She loves that. Must resist the cake, but I'm usually quite good at resisting :-)

Have a good day everyone - will check in later and do personals.
Old 03-10-2019, 06:39 AM   #187  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning. 133.8 - yesterday was 1598 in 1665 out and today is planned at 1623 in. Working on the 40-30-30 ratio or thereabout at least trying to keep in the 25-35% range for both fat and for protein and that means I have to consume some meat so it seems. Also working on making very sure I get enough vegetables as chia an lull me into thinking that because I have enough fiber...... Well the good thing is that the addition of rinsed sun dried tomatoes to my diet as well as the extra calories means meeting the potassium requirements is much easier. BP this am was 111 / 74 so that is going wll also. The thing about planning the daily meals I think is one of the most important habits I have established. It makes me mindful of what I eat and allows me to adjust up or down individual qtys (very easy to do in cronometer) and to make some standard recipes - Having to get creative to get the eggs in as organ meats are NOT on my list of things to eat. Today it will be zucchini fritters topped with salsa.

Momwannabe I so wish we could send you some of our rain!
Jendiet - I am so sorry - love yourself and forgive yourself - it helps me to banish the foods that trigger me from my sight. Have you tried prayer, meditation and some hot tea when you feel the urge to binge? Or even some activity to break the cycle?
Nancy - yay on the steps. It is hard to trust fitness things that say you have earned so many extra points or calories. Eating my exercise has always been a trap. I think the deal with the wrist heart based monitors is they capture the amount of effort which ties better to the calories burned than does some logging of steps or other burn estimators.
Diana - well, things are slowly improving and I am taking the probiotic in addition to the kefir an yogurt each day but I am having to do many things. I think part of the problem is due to the prolapse the sensation of pressure and discomfort is so much greater before I have to go. I am also starting to drink a the largest amount of water in the am to move things along better; that seems to help more than anything to be honest. LOL never had this problem when I was much larger and eating more fat...FWIW sometimes I crave a burger . Hope it was enjoyable. I spluge on good grass fed angus beef as it seems to have a better flavor.
Kelijpa - Interesting on the Sprengeling - had to look it up.
Old 03-10-2019, 07:11 AM   #188  

good morning! will have breakfast and go for a power walk in a few minutes.
Old 03-10-2019, 07:33 AM   #189  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Momwannabe, will definitely share with you gals how my teeth whitening experience works out!

Grannynancy, thanks to this site, I have incorporated chia seeds almost daily since I started in January. I really like the texture of them and they are satisfying!

Jendiet, I will be sure to find out if they will do teeth whitening if one needs a crown. I have appt. on Thursday, weather permitting.

Yesterday's goals went okay. Today's goals: veggies, fiber, 2 liters water, 1200 calories.

A blessed Sunday to you all!
Old 03-10-2019, 07:39 AM   #190  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

I overslept this morning. I was listening to the radio yesterday and turned the volume down vs. where I have it for the alarm to go off. I moved the clock forward and everything but still had a problem. LOL

Jen

Last night: Full body stretch and some exercises from the Dr.
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1545 +
Weigh In: 188.8
Up: .2

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

March 10

1 Peter 3:14
But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled.

If the example of Jesus teaches us anything, it should be that suffering is a noble and good thing when it leads to a better way. Our diets are definitely the source of suffering, but there is great blessing awaiting all who stick with them. God has promised special blessing to those who keep courage in the face of suffering and don't give in. Losing weight not only makes us look and feel better, but it draws us closer to God and His divine plan for us. Our suffering is not in vain. It is all to the glory of the Lord.

Today's thought: I will fear nothing, as long as Jesus is with me!

Last edited by Diana3271; 03-10-2019 at 07:39 AM.
Old 03-10-2019, 07:51 AM   #191  

i'll have a blessed day! will be busy here!
Old 03-10-2019, 09:45 AM   #192  

S/C/G: 170/155/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Day 6 results

Hi Everybody,

Was on plan yesterday with 910 calories.
And beat the bakery! At least for that one saturday! Small win.
banana smoothie-430
Raw veggies 10
Tomato soup76
Gardenburger109
Ketchup 15
Sanakopita- 160
Fruit 130
Pickleball and bootcamp.

Feel the need for lots of green veggies today.

grannynancy- thank you for sharing concerning your daughters. You are inspiring me. I too am hoping if I lose weight and she watches, it might rub off. What book were you talking about concerning the vegetarian diet? Momentary pleasure vs long term good feeling. That's the crux-- and I am on shaky ground there.

I got cronometer yesterday. Think I will like this. Being an engineer and all - all those details. But, it said I burned 3256 calories. Seems a huge number of calories to me. OK 1300 were from exercise, which also seems high, but that is another issue. Plus I don't quite understand how when I woke up today it says 0 calories consumed, but 1992 calories burned ? First thing in the morning? I guess the 1992 is really not "calories burned" but calories expected to be burned just by breathing in a day. Any tricks for figuring out how active to put down? Have no idea if my BMR is as calculated 1400- 1450 or different due to some activity factory.

Ciecie- thanks for sharing! Power walking works!

Diana- sharing cake- 1/3 instead of 1/2. That is great. I have trouble sharing any cake..... and thanks for sharing a bit of your journey- the sticking to it despite it all is what I hope to do.

Jen- Hang in there. Today is another day. And you can get back on track! I feel for you as it is something I know way too much about. Will be urging you on from the sidelines today.

weekendboater- maybe our beautiful yesterday came your way today. Still under 170, nice.

Nancy- way to go on the steps an the eating. Seems like you are rocking the points.

Plan today.
940 cals or less to meet 1200 cal/day avg per week.
Maybe won't exercise to see if knee is better and to get some things done around here.
Old 03-10-2019, 10:01 AM   #193  

Default March 2019

Hi There!

MomwannaBe:: The more I grow stuff, the more I kill stuff. I really hate when I grow seedlings...and then fry them on a hot sunny day....When I get tired of taking care of plants, I try to give them away before I kill them.

Diana: I am thinking about donating blood again. After I donated the last time, I got dizzy in a grocery store and ended up sitting on the floor for 15 minutes. I was only a little overweight. Diana, I love red meat, but I have read a lot of lit about not consuming much. I feel more energized and more alert when I eat red meat. When I buy ground beef at the grocery store, I get the leanest meat and then make into 1 oz size burgers that I freeze...around the size of a flattened meatball.

I notice after I eat, sometimes my guts vibrate. I wonder if I need digestive enzymes or probiotics...

DID-ITs:

1) no food mover, but I remembered what I ate. Slips include frappe and ice cream bar. Ate meatloaf tv dinner split over 2 meals with added veggies. Also ate chicken and veggie sandwich on one piece of bread.

2) no exercise, except some knee exercises. I walked around at an auction/garden center...and bought more seeds.

3) I transplanted some seedlings. Oh, the seedling sat under an old fluorescent desk lamp for 12 hours.

TODOs:

1) Food mover.

2) Exercise.

3) Transplant more seedlings.

4) Educate self about health insurance.
Old 03-10-2019, 10:49 AM   #194  

good morning! will be going for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes. was raining earlier. will take that over snow!
Old 03-10-2019, 10:53 AM   #195  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Zallie - yes it gives you your baseline burn for the day first thing in the am. That said I set my profile to an activity level of ZERO and then add in my exercise by my fitness logger [or you can enter manually]. The thing I like about the logger is it captures activity data throughout the day and bases calorie burn on heart rate [so the fitter I get and the lower my heartrate the fewer calories I burned not to mention lower burn for being leaner] -- right now my baseline with no activity added my own BMR is about 1200 then activity seems to average about 500 on a given day. My RHR has over this time dropped from about 60 to about 50 and is sometimes in the 40s.

The plan I follow (though I am pinging about a little in maintenance) is called Bright Line Eating and it is described in this book-the cookbooks you see with that name are NOT affiliated with the plan and just building off of it. The only BLE approved books are from Katie's Bright Kitchen and they are developing another cookbook. She also follows a lot of Dr Fuhrman "Eat to live". I do like the structure which if you think of it shares some in common with WW and the old exchange diets of years past. The difference is the type and timing of foods and the relative composition of foods at each meal so that you don't have glycemic spikes which really does reduce cravings. First thing that has ever worked for me but we are all different.

https://www.amazon.com/Bright-Line-E.../dp/1536656062
Closed Thread