Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-27-2017, 08:49 AM   #181  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!

Yay! A 3 day weekend.

Diana - that's awesome about the swimming! You're an animal with the exercise - wtg!
lurch - being a nurse is different than if you worked at an office job for a big company and suddenly all managers are making their way to the door. I've never been fired either, though I have let people go - it's awful, I don't recommend it.
tacos - the transition years are so bittersweet. And we're always excited for the end of the school year, then I couldn't wait for school to start back up again!
nancy - do I detect a little rebellion there? lol Good for you. Enjoy the long weekend and soon to be freedom.

I've got to get it under control - between the graduation, the parties, meeting friends out, both kids being home, now I'm on travel next week for work. It is tough to stick to a food plan! I can't exercise this all away. And as crazy at is sounds, I had to tell my husband to tell me how good I was looking - lol I mean I appreciate it, but I cannot start resting on my laurels. I swear when I wore clothes that were a bit too tight and uncomfortable I did better at reminding myself. Since it's summer maybe I should turn off the a/c and walk around in a bathing suit! lol
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 05:37 PM   #182  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon to all!

wi was up as I expected 162.8, after all my carbs and calories were way out there!

Today I spent this morning and little this afternoon doing some shopping with my sister, I bought a pair of (rebel) red flats and a navy vest. Now I just need to hunt down a white tee to wear under the vest. I also went to Sushi Land, so carbs in a bit of rice but other than that all protein or veggies. Steps so far 10,000 and still have another half of day to go.

Back later
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 10:29 PM   #183  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

We just got back home. Had a fun day but no workout to report. Tomorrow will be church AM and PM and grocery shopping in between. Food was not completely on plan but in moderation. Our treat was at a homemade ice cream place. I had 2 scoops on a cone.

Enjoy your evening.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 07:35 AM   #184  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Nothing for last night or this morning. I have to go grocery shopping. Hopefully I can fit a workout in.

Calories for yesterday: Unknown
Weigh In: 181.4
Up: 1.4

I am OK with this gain. I ate in moderation (the only way I could have done better was to have only 1 scoop of ice cream instead of 2). I know it's all water weight and TTOM is going on.

Have a great day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

May 28

2 Corinthians 4:16
For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

It is interesting how we feel so much better about ourselves when we lose weight. As the fleshy part of our being diminishes, the spiritual part of us blossoms. As we decrease our body mass, we find that we unburden hidden parts of our being. We are renewed in-side as we take care of the bodies we have been given by God. It is not a matter of being perfect, but of being the best we can possibly be. If we will only keep in mind that we are temples of the most high God, then we will be encouraged to do everything in our power to look and be the best that we are able.

Today's thought: As there is less of me, there is more of God!
Old 05-28-2017, 08:08 AM   #185  
Fresh Starter

Height: 5'7"

Default Happy Long Weekend!

Wishing you all a very enjoyable weekend. We are expecting rain showers on and off for the next few days but that will not deter me from BBQing and sticking to plan
jeanscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 08:49 AM   #186  

Ugh, someone come quarantine me. Too many events, too easy to over indulge when I'm out.

Yesterday I did a 45 minute spin class. Today I'm doing a 30 minute HIIT spin and weights. We're meeting friends out again, I have to figure out ahead of time what I'm going to have and just pick at it. I'm leaving Tuesday for a work trip for the week, I don't know how I'll manage having to eat out every meal. The truth of the matter is exercise helps, but I absolutely cannot lose weight without carefully monitoring the food.
Old 05-28-2017, 12:32 PM   #187  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all
WI still the same 162.6 sooo will get my grrrr out of the way.
Now on for the rest of my day, I have decided to just weigh in once a week on Sundays and see how I do for awhile. I am trying not to focus on the numbers as I go through this next series of workouts. So start week 2 of 8 tomorrow.

We are going to my sisters today for a cook out, and she knows how I eat (she is the guilty party that took me to sushi land) so we are doing burgers, I made some cloud bread for a bun, two types of salads, deviled eggs and I think that might be it. I know there will be ice cream but I know me and skipping that will not be difficult.

Tomorrow the holiday I have no plans then my last two days at the office....then face life without a paycheck
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 03:08 PM   #188  
Fishing for a plan!

S/C/G: 225/225/155

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning Everyone!,

This was my first scheduled weekend off since leaving the "weekend warrior" position. I'm not sure how many months I did it, everything is a blur. It seems as if it was around nine months. Wouldn't you know, I was "on call", and was called in yesterday as an agency nurse was a no-show. LOL. I didn't eat as well as I have been as there was no time to do anything but throw on a uniform and run out the door (the no-show was 1st shift). I ate one slice of pizza while at work, some kashi cereal with walnuts, skim milk, and a banana, some corn chips and salsa, stuff like that. So, today, I'm getting back on the wagon. I won't exercise today, but will try and rest and eat sensibly.

Diana: Way to go on the swimming. I used to LOVE to swim, but bet I haven't been since my kids were younger...20 years ago, at least. Sad. I can't even imagine getting into a bathing suit. My own hang-up, for sure....

Msgooch: Good luck with staying on plan while traveling. That would be difficult for me. It's hard for me to stay on top of things if my day is out of whack. I know that is something I need to work on. Contingency planning!

Nancy: Whooohoooo! I envy you the freedom of not HAVING to have a paycheck! FANTASTIC! I hope you find something that truly satisfies you, and that you are able to go long enough without a paycheck not to have to settle for less!

Tacos: My kids are grown and many of my grandkids are half grown. I try not to think too much about it. It makes me sad.

I'm down to 184.0 today. I'm changing my weigh in day to Sunday since my work schedule has changed.

Have a great day, everyone!
LurchMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 07:00 PM   #189  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

Hey all! Long time no see. I finally finished my master's program so I hope with life less hectic for a while I'll be able to make 3FC a habit. I need the habit--my weight loss has stalled! I'm determined to drop 25-30 pounds over the next year.

I hope you're all having a great weekend!
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 09:58 PM   #190  

Hi everyone A big hug to you all, I miss you all!

All is okay here but tremendously busy! As some of you know, we had our house listed. We have been in negotiations for several weeks, it has been quite stressful but moving forward. We are also remodeling our next place and so I have been there a lot as well and there is so much to do in such a short time frame. I could go on and onnnnnnnnnnnn but I will spare you all, lol.

I just wanted to pop in and say hi and wish you all a great weekend. I look forward to being in again on a regular basis when things simmer down. I have seemed to maintain when I last checked which seems to be a miracle! Strange, I got used to all the weight loss I had and somehow I am just ready for the next round , the thrill wore off so to speak. I cannot waitttttttttt until things simmer down, really! It's been non stop! Diana, I am working to take things step by step and one thing at a time, OMG!

Miss you all a lot , stick together and have a great weekend and I sooooo look forward to my return! Hope to touch base soon, hugs
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 10:01 PM   #191  

Hello everyone.
Chunkahlunkah
Awesome to see you, Chunkshlunkah. Congratulations on finishing your masters. What a great achievement what is the degree in?

Weight loss stalling is a lot better then gaining a bunch of lbs. I too am in a weight loss holding pattern.

Weekend Boater glad to see you are doing well. Even though things are hectic
Moving is such a big stressor. Selling old house. Buying and doing work on new place. When all is said and done, it will be great! Glad you are in mindset to soon take on a next round of weight loss. All in due time.

Diana and all. Hoping you all are having a great weekend

Last edited by flower123; 05-28-2017 at 10:13 PM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 10:31 PM   #192  

flower Thanks so much! stay well, your a beautiful person and yes your right, maintenance is a good thing. Have a happy weekend. I best go to bed, I have to go to home depot in the morning and then head over to the other house to do painting!
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 10:35 PM   #193  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Jeanscape Hi and welcome to the check-in.

Msgooch Good luck with all you have going on. You can do it, though. I actually do better eating out, on a regular schedule/routine. Cookouts and eating at home is more problematic for me.

Nancylmrn How was the cookout? Continuing to send good thoughts your way for the job situation.

LurchMomma Congrats on your weigh in!

Chunkahlunkah Congrats on your Masters!

Weekend Boater Sending you good thoughts on the sale, move, remodel, and all of it. Whew! I probably would go on and on. It seems to make me feel better. I think I need to rant and rave more often. Anyways, good thoughts for you.

Flower Have you been working in your flower garden? I know you had a lot of flower last year.

Waving Hi all around!
Old 05-28-2017, 10:40 PM   #194  
Trying to live below 200

I am trying to enjoy the long weekend in moderation without showing too much of a gain and then get back to my regular routine on Tuesday. Tomorrow we are having steak and baked potatoes. I bought one larger steak and DH and I can share it. I knew if I bought us separate steaks (they were cut large) that I would gladly eat the whole thing. Staying one step ahead of myself.

Total Approx 1510 Calories +

Breakfast (260 calories + )
Organic Valley vanilla Fuel shake 260 calories
coffee w/cream sugar/stevia blend

Lunch (500 calories)
salad w/roasted chicken & BHF's ranch 450 calories
iced coffee my usual way 50 calories

Dinner (750 calories)
burger made w/lean beef, cheese, bun, lettuce, tomato, bacon, ketchup, smidge mayo 500 calories
Wavy lays 200 calories
few watermelon chunks 50 calories

Exercise
no workout, I had to do my weekly shopping

Last edited by Diana3271; 05-28-2017 at 10:42 PM.
Old 05-29-2017, 07:52 AM   #195  

Good morning!

Glad to see so many faces checking in this weekend!

Nancy - 2 days! That's awesome, you will feel great come Thursday morning!
Lurch - it's so annoying when people don't show up, and usually they don't even care that they're putting someone else out. We will get out of the 80's together!
Chunkalunkah - congrats on the masters! If you can get through all that schooling, you're clearly dedicated enough to lose some pesky weight!
weekendboater - good on maintaining, sounds like it's crazy for you, hope things settle down for you soon.
diana - funny how people can have such opposing issues eating. I can control things better at home, though yesterday a bunch of us went out for crabs and I did just fine eating crabs and shrimp.

Yesterday we went out with a big group and one of my friends brothers was there and is a personal trainer. I got to talk to him about my exercise plan and I'm going to try his advice and see how it goes. His first comment was, losing weight is in the kitchen, not the gym. But we discussed how I was doing hiit on my spin bike. He thinks that hour long exercises burn muscle not fat and that the best fat burning exercise is hiit with weight training. I thought I needed to log lots of time in the gym. He suggested MWF I do a 30 minute hiit on the bike, Tuesday/Thursdays I do weights and then take the weekend off. I'm going to give it a try and see how it goes, right now I feel like my life has been dedicated to the time it's been taking to exercise. Now of course I'm leaving for the week for work, but I'm going to start on that next week when I'm back home.