Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-22-2017, 11:50 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 255/229/155

Height: 5'9

Hi Diana

So glad to report moving and work ate fine, just a little of mine own anxiety. I'm not sticking as well I'd like ,hiit in not binging
Since I. The Maine mover. I'm letting others puck the foods.
Still in the220s. . 229 counts as 220s
Pang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 07:53 AM   #152  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Pang It's good to see you check-in.

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
Nothing for this morning

Calories for yesterday: 1540 +
Weigh In: 181.8
Down: 1.4 pounds

Have a great day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

May 23

2 Corinthians 1:9
But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead.

Alice walked ahead of me in the lunch line. As we moved along, Alice would hesitate, reach out her hand, then pull it back. After she had done this a couple of times, I noticed that she had three letters written on the back of her hand: GIW. I asked her what they meant. She looked at me and said, 'God Is Watching. I figure if I keep reminding myself of that, it will keep me out of trouble.' When we cannot trust ourselves, it is good to know there is Someone to trust who will not let us down: Jesus Christ.

Today's thought: Watch me closely, Lord. I'm hungry, and I'm weak.

Last edited by Diana3271; 05-23-2017 at 07:54 AM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 09:01 AM   #153  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

I'm back!

I was gone for 4 days to my son's graduation. It was a lot of managing/herding people and arranging transportation for the grandparents, who can barely walk. Ladies - they are way too young to be so immobile, so let's vow we will be active and keep moving so in our 70's we can walk around without needing wheelchair assistance, etc.

I gained 2.4 lbs, but I didn't exercise, and every meal was in a restaurant. You can only do so much. But, it was a momentous occasion and I don't regret a thing.

Hubby is attempting to fix the wifi as we speak so my peloton app (indoor cycling) can stream better. If he can't figure it out right now I'll go on the treadmill.

My daughter came home a bit "fluffy" from school. Her birthday is next month. I told her we'd do a shopping trip for her birthday and now she wants to lose weight first, so she's joining us. She isn't eating as strictly as we are, but she's young with good metabolism, just exercising and being away from college food should do the trick.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 09:14 AM   #154  

S/C/G: 206/189.4/150

Height: 5'4"

WOOOOO did I have a long weekend! Friday was pretty relaxed and I ate well, Saturday I started off doing well, but we attended a festival our town has every year and we were there alllll day.... needless to say I caved around 7:00 and had some bad things. I did get a ton of steps in and finally a little color on my legs. I say the day overall balanced. Sunday I weighed in at 188.7 I sure was surprised, also concerned that the loss was just water loss as it was hotter than all get out Saturday. I drank lots of water, but still wondering if the loss is a "real" loss. I plan to work out hard and stay on track and wait to weigh in on Sunday. Hope everyone's week is going well!
Tacos_in_Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 10:37 AM   #155  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning to all
WI 162.4 still 3lbs up but slowly coming back down..the mystery weight gain still making me scratch my head.
WO so this week I started an 8 wee program, so Week 1 day 2 done. Today's wo was all body weight HIIT, who knew that 20 seconds could take so long???

Taco congrats on the real loss, you know it was real, look how much walking you did!
msgooch congrats on the graduation and making the best choices while away
Diana wow you are really picking up your exercise and look at you your weight is dropping
pang so glad you got moved and that stress is off your plate and whoop whoop in the 220's

To those of you I missed

Only 6 more business days until I am officially unemployed
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 10:12 PM   #156  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

msgooch Great job getting healthy, together as a family. It is very important for us to stay mobile and active. So many people age way too early. I know some people have genetic health issues but it's good to be proactive about your health.

Tacos_in_Texas Congrats on the 180's.

nancylmrn Body weight + Hiit = a tough workout! Great job!

Total Approx 1540 Calories +

Breakfast (415 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1 slice Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 60 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (425 Calories)

2 slices Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 120 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled salmon & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
Jessica Smith 10 Minute Buns & Thighs Walk, 10 Minute Abs & Arms Walk, 30 minutes treadmill
Old 05-24-2017, 07:21 AM   #157  

Good morning!

Tacos in Texas - my guess is yes, the loss is real. It's great exercise too!
nancy - 6 days until freedom! I bet once you don't have the stress of this job you see weight come off a bit easier. I see when I sleep and am not stressed I do better even when eating the same things.

I took a big chunk off my travel weight. I know I tend to gain water weight when I fly and when I eat out.

I can't decide what to do today, I think I may do a workout with my daughter doing one of the beach body workouts. I'm trying not to just spin, and I do weights also, but I'm getting a bunion and anything weight bearing hurts my foot.

.6 until I'm back to my pre-weekend trip.
Old 05-24-2017, 07:44 AM   #158  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

Calories for yesterday: 1540 +
Weigh In: 181.4
Down: .4

msgooch Do you have access to a pool? That would be a good workout. Great job getting rid of the water weight.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 05-24-2017, 08:42 AM   #159  

Default Ugh!

Hello! Hope you all are doing well!

I was doing ok...because I was running out of groceries at home and using up stuff I really did not want to eat. But then I went grocery shopping and bought way too much stuff that I like. It will be fine if I make it last a month... With knee problems, I don't want to shop that often...at big stores.

I have too much gardening to do and too much exercise to do for the knee...
I have been doing the half-steps in the back yard. I have been biking indoors 30 minutes at a time. Oh, I did 200 yd kick and 800 yd back in the pool. I am determined to do a more normal cardio workout in the pool. I need to find my new goggles so I can return to freestyle.

Thanks for your concerns Pang. My cold is about gone. I skipped PT last week, so I would not spread the germs...

Oh, I have all different colors of iris blooming. I started oriental poppies from seed a few years ago. Two are blooming. They are orange...nice, but I was hoping for peach or red or purple or white...
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 10:38 AM   #160  
Work in Progress

Good morning to all
WI the same 162.4 I am so longing for the days I was under 160 and kept thinking why can't I get lower LOL and now I look and go geez what has happened here?? oh well.
8 week program, week 1 day 3 complete with extra credit I might add

Today they are having a pot luck at the office, going away party for the office manager .... she is leaving too, Friday is her last day, .... Head of maintenance and our gal in charge of utilities/HOA/Key/renewals....is actively looking for other work. As I said before, since changing ownership from partners to sole owner management style this past year has really changed and most don't like the direction the company is headed...

Ok on my positive note 5 more business days and I am done, still no other job insight, have gone on 3 interviews so far. 1st one I was second choice (really would have liked that one) second one, no way would I work there, third still waiting to hear but since I interviewed last friday and no news yet I am thinking they did not think I would be a fit with other personalities int he office....but that is ok
Old 05-24-2017, 12:42 PM   #161  
Fishing for a plan!

S/C/G: 225/225/155

Height: 5'8"

Hello Everyone!

I'm going back to a five day work week starting today. I've gained an additional 10 pounds since switching to the "weekend warrior" shift. I was working 16 hours on Saturday and 16 hours on Sunday, then off Mon-Fri. I will be back on 2nd shift and will only have two days off in a row every-other weekend. I hate that part of it. And, there are times when I will be on call even on my weekend off. Sigh. Oh well...nothing is perfect. I should lose some weight just by becoming more active 5 days a week instead of having just two insanely active days. I will weigh in Monday and see if it has helped.

This morning, I finished week 1/day 1 of C25K for the THIRD time! LOL. I plan to keep going this time. That was another difficulty presented by working the back to back 16 hour shifts. Mondays I would be too exhausted to do the C25K, and then if I started Tuesday, I'd have to do Tues/Weds/Thurs because Friday I'd have to rest and get ready for work. It's a little daunting trying to pack healthy stuff and haul it to work when you will be there for so many hours. Many times I'd just skip it and then eat cheezits for 16 hours. LOL.

Have a great day everyone! Nancy, good luck on the job search! Our whole management team just gave notice. I may be looking myself soon!
LurchMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 08:44 PM   #162  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Teri Sounds like you are still active despite the knee problems.

Nancylmrn How was the pot luck today?

LurchMomma Great job starting C25K.

Waving Hi all around!
Old 05-24-2017, 08:46 PM   #163  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1540 Calories +

Breakfast (415 Calories + coffee)

spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1 slice Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 60 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (425 Calories)
2 slices Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 120 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:

Leslie Sansone Tummy Trimmer Walk & Lower Body Blast Walk, KCM's Home Gym Intervals All Dumbbell Premix w/12's
Old 05-24-2017, 09:55 PM   #164  
Work in Progress

Good evening all!
Today was a good day overall, Pot luck went really well. One of my co-workers got up very very early and put a pork roast on his charcoal grill so we could have pulled pork sandwiches the meat was fantastic. I had about 3 oz, the rest of my food choices were coleslaw, Cesar salad, raw veggies and hummus so good food choices for me.

Then the best part is I was helping a new incoming tenant, walk her thought the next steps to renting one of the homes. And I pointed out I was training a co-worker to take my place and to be a bit patient with us. She asked me where I was going and I said did not know right now but last day would be in a week......then she totally surprised me and said well they were going to place an ad next week for someone to help her in the office of her families business. and asked I was interested..You bet so just sent off my resume for her to give to her dad. Fingers crossed
Old 05-25-2017, 06:45 AM   #165  

Good morning!

Nancy - fingers crossed on the job. I "poach" people all the time. If I see someone competent that I like and I think would fit, I approach them about trying us out. It's how I get my best people. And people don't like to admit this, but it really is who you know. I'm just saying, next week when you start losing weight because your stress is under control say to yourself - msgooch told me so - lol

lurchmama - if your entire management team is looking, please do yourself a favor and get your resume together.

Yesterday ended up being a weight day for me. I'm too old and uncoordinated to do these videos. By the time I get down to the ground they're hopping back up again and onto the next thing. 25 yo me would have struggle, 50 yo me - forget it.

I'm back to where I was last Friday before going away - 180.6 I'm happy it came off so quickly. Now I've GOT to get into the 170's - c'mon let's get this moving! Having the kids home makes it so much more challenging. I'm also going out Friday night and Saturday night - so unlike me, I'm usually in my jammies binge watching a tv show and falling asleep by 10pm.

Today I'm going to try the Tabata exercise on the peloton bike. We'll see if I can handle it. Yesterday felt like I was flying by the seat of my pants, I didn't log everything I ate and track the calories. I do know what to do, I just like facts and figures to back me up. Eventually I won't be tracking every bite I eat so I like to practice here and there.