Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-04-2017, 12:29 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 215/173.2/125

Height: 5'2

It's been awhile ya'll! But I'm still around. Bouncing all around the 140s. Staying busy with sports, end the school, and lawn work lol. Weighed in this morning at 143.8. Goal for the month is a measly 5 pounds but for that will be amazing...it is hard to eat good with concessions everywhere we go..and a TON of birthday parties this month but I am more than ready to hit 139 for the month! Hope all is well!
Nicholsfamily1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 01:53 PM   #32  

Hi everyone, good to hear all your news. I am h eading out but wanted to come in and say hi

I had chicken last night and later after I do an errand I am heading to the market. TGIF tomorrow : ) Nichols, wtg on holding steady despite all the activities etc.
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 09:20 PM   #33  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Tomorrow is my early day. Oh joy.

Weekend Boater
I also drive myself crazy with "research" a/k/a googling, LOL. I love your positive attitude.

My friend and I are still trying out the classes at the gym. Tonight we went to the spinning class. I enjoyed the class tonight. It wasn't as hard as the previous spinning class that I took. Something funny from the class. My friend commented, during the class, that she needed to take it easy since she was an old lady. I told her that she was not old. She said that she was 7 years older than me. To which I said that wasn't bad since I was only 23 and that makes her 30, LOL. She was actually quite shocked to find out the instructor was 57. People get so caught up on the numbers and think they are older because of that number.

Total Approx 1490 Calories +

Breakfast (405 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1/2 Ozery OneBun 50 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Ozery OneBun 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)

Salad w/grilled salmon & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:

spinning class
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 09:48 PM   #34  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good evening to all
Well I had a good day, workout----round 2 week2 day 4 complete but no extra credit my body just did not have the energy to do an additional 23 min of ab work.

Had a phone interview this am and feel very positive about it. I go for a face to face next Tuesday, so please wish me luck I need a change desperately bad.

Oh and a funny for you Diana regarding age and numbers. I have a sign on my desk that goes something like this: Instead of birthdays we should have levels, think how badass we would be, I would be level 58.
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 06:16 AM   #35  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

nancylmrn
That's funny. Awesome news about the job interview. I just prayed for you. Praying for the best for you and your situation.

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
Nothing for this morning, it's my early day

Calories for yesterday: 1490 +
Weigh In: 177.6
Down: .4

Have a great day and start to your weekend!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

May 5

Hebrews 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Denny looked at the enormous jigsaw puzzle with a gleam in his eye. 'This is my puzzle, and I'm going to do it all by myself. Nobody else can touch it!' Denny worked at the puzzle long and hard, but grew frustrated as he couldn't get the pieces to work. Finally, in despair, Denny ran to his father and asked him to come make some of the pieces fit. We cannot afford to enter into our diets with the attitude that we don't need help. Like Denny, we will find that we just can't do it by ourselves. Praise God that He is there for us when we come seeking His help!

Today's thought: I don't have to face my diet by myself.
Old 05-05-2017, 08:43 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 215/173.2/125

Height: 5'2

Diana: Funny that you talk about age. My birthday is in 2 days and I have been so overwhelmed with turning 30. I keep talking about how old I am getting and how old I feel and all the ladies around me keep telling me to shut up lol. But there seems to be a big difference between 20 and 30.

Today's Weigh-in: 144.0

I'm not too caught up in it. It went up yesterday and today but I have been eating within my calories and working out so I'm not going to let it get to me. I guess it will drop when it's ready. This is my birthday weekend so hopefully I don't indulge too much..however my uncle is making me a lemon ice box pie which I love! Hope everyone is having a great Friday and it's not as rainy where you live as it is here where I live.
Nicholsfamily1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 10:20 AM   #37  
Fishing for a plan!

S/C/G: 225/225/155

Height: 5'8"

Hello everyone!

Just a quick note to thank you all for your kind words and support! I did go to the thrift store to find a few things to wear until I begin my downward trend, and guess what? They had a copy of "The Best Life Diet"! I had misplaced mine and the e-book version I have has some format problems. I was so excited to find it there!

I hope to get back here later today. I hope you are all having a great Friday!

Go rejoicing
LurchMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 01:13 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 255/229/155

Height: 5'9

Checking in.
I'm still losing slowly, still on the plan.

Even though my plan is too in calories. 1200 on feed days
So it leaves room for opportunity foods.

I'm down to 227 , and am able to jumprope again for four minutes straight if I don't miss. Very happy with that too.
I feel I could Do more, but I feel I'm adjusted to my plan like a lifestyle. Healthy foods, healthy exercise, healthy fasting and cleansings. Still getting 15,000 steps in on fast days at work.
And exercising on feed days.

It's like my entire world is being rocked , but I've adapted to my food plan, and there's not much reason to change it. Even if I feel like eating emotionally I have confidence in my plan.
Pang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 02:24 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone!

I was out of town for most of the week at a business conference. I wanted for curiosity sake see what would happen if I just ate off plan while I was gone. The answer - 3.6 lbs. I've taken .6 off in a day. I just got tired of counting and worrying and measuring, and just wanted to eat. It wasn't good, and I won't be doing that again. But, the way I look at it, I know I'm super strict at home and sometimes a girl just needs to go a little crazy.

I made the menu for the week yesterday and went grocery shopping and I'm 2 days back on plan. It really is no biggie to follow it at home, at a hotel in a strange city, when you're being served meals, not so easy.

I'm really enjoying my spin class I'm doing. I have the bike in the basement and I'm streaming into the peloton app. I'm getting the hang of it. Tomorrow I'm going to start incorporating weights. It's time to get some muscle, and I'm really trying to mix things up to keep this old gal moving.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 07:54 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 313/175/147

Height: 5'7.5

Hey all!

I did okay for the month of April. I'm down to 186, and lost about 2.5 pounds. Not a huge drop but I did start picking up running and I know I retain water when I start a new exercise. I got a new elliptical (used) after I broke my other one, and I've been running 3x a week and elliptical the other 4 days. I am going to probably drop the elliptical to 3x a week and take a rest day. I don't do measurements frequently but I have kept a tab on my waist, which has gone down more even if the pounds haven't.

I have been having a hard time with emotional eating and making sure what I eat is nutritious and what my body needs. Therapy was my first step to getting healthy years ago and it helped me start this journey. As I have gone into different areas of my life and childhood issues, my eating habits change and it's been hard & interesting to see how deep these things go. Often people think it's just an issue with self control and determination, but obviously that's not the case (at least for me).

Diana, I hope your husband is doing well. Medical scares are never fun. I have enjoyed your daily devotions. Prayer has definitely been a big factor in my weight loss & journey to health.
JulesMarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 09:33 PM   #41  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good evening to all I am doing a happy dance for Friday! Happy Cinco de Mayo too

Today I was goo with my eating, well expect for the chicken wings for dinner not too many but just a bit of a treat really. WI the same as yesterday so not big changes there. This weekend DH and I are taking an over night road trip just 'cause we can. Rented a car and hotel room in city 3 hours south of me. Who knows what kind of trouble I will get into. But usually not food wise. Last time we went south I tried some new foods at this artsy type restaurant, including tasting liver mousse--not a big fan but it was not as awful as I imagined. Mind you I am not a liver eater at all but I gave it a go.

So today was round 2 week 2 day 5....I did not do the extra video today either, my body just did not have it in me to pump out another 15 minutes of HIIT/cardio.
Next week I should be better.

Nicholsfamily1987: happy birthday and try to relax and enjoy. 1 piece of cake or ice cream does not mean you have totally gone crazy

Lurchmama: great find on the book....love it when that happens

Pang: I am impressed with the jump rope. I am not sure I could go that long, maybe I will look for my rope it is around her somewhere

taco: good job to you too on your workouts.....amazing how good they make you feel

Diana: thank you for today thought, the reason so many of us come to forums like this

msgouch, jules, weekend and anyone I may have missed
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 10:35 PM   #42  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Nicholsfamily Happy Birthday!

LurchMomma Yay for getting some deals at the thrift store.

Pang Great job keeping up with your plan.

msgooch
I have heard the peloton rides are good.

JulesMarion
Congrats on your weight loss for April.

nancylmrn Enjoy your weekend. Sounds fun.

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening and rest well.
Old 05-05-2017, 10:42 PM   #43  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1490 Calories +

Breakfast (405 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1/2 Ozery OneBun 50 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Ozery OneBun 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
One of my favorite salad places had one of their signature salads on special today for Cinco de Mayo. It was only $5. I used their dressing and omitted the onion. The total calories says 620 but I'll put my usual 700 just in case. It has that Mexican taste without the high calories. I have it chopped really well to blend all the flavors. It was yummy. Here's the ingredients: Mesa Verde
Romaine, Roasted Chicken, Grape Tomatoes, Red Onion, Avocado, Black Beans, Corn, Fresh Cilantro, and Tortilla Strips with Chipotle Lime Vinaigrette, finished with a squeeze of fresh lime

Exercise:
Tamilee Webb's I Want That Body - Both sections upper Body w/8's, Both sections lower body
Old 05-05-2017, 10:45 PM   #44  

Hi everyone

Diana That age thing is so relative, it really is! I know what you mean! Maybe it is my parents that shaped me this way, I don't know but I truly believe in being active and us reaching a higher plateau out of the number zone, interesting what she said! I so know what you mean and good for you! lol spin spin and keep on spinning. I personally totally do not think of numbers but on being as active and as fit as possible! The numbers can kiss my ***, lol. Your dong great and bravo on your workouts

Nancy Fingers crossed for you girl that your interview goes well next week, please keep us posted.

Tacos I hope your BF is feeling better. You painted a picture that is all too familiar to me, that comfort zone!

Nichols Your talking about turning old at turning 30? May we strangle you now? You better know I am kidding. You know what I remember? I remember saying that when I turn 30 I will have a facelift
hahahah I so understand! It is all relative really and but just remember to enjoy every moment! Life sometimes can go so quickly! Your at the cusp of your greatness, not even! embrace every moment hon and as for your weight your doing fantastic Good to hear from you and thanks for keeping us posted.

lurchmomma You found it? yayyyyyy Omg that is awesome! It was meant to be, pure and simple.

Pang I was wondering how you were and it is so nice to hear from you. That is an amazing amount of steps! You have this very strong streak, I always notices, please keep it up! I enjoy so much to watch your success

msgooch I chuckled when I read your post about a girl just needs to go crazy sometimes! lol Sounds like you have everything under control and I admire you taking this class, I like to hear all about it! I had my gym down there but we had to move it aqnd damn, I swear to you I see a difference, need to pick p the weights again! Go go go, it really makes a difference.

Jules I enjoyed your post. I want to congratulate you on the drop! For me anyways, just a few lbs. can be a lot of work and I now how much dedication it takes. What you speak of is not just the drop but a life change! I commend you, keep up the wonderful work

Nancy OMG girl, I am slipping! It is cinco de mayo yesssssss. OH it sounds so nice that you and Dh are taking a road trip, have a wonderful time!

Sorry if I missed anyone , a big hello

Things are well just very busy but I have been th inking about things and decided that life will always throw stuff here and ther, I can't just buckle. With that being said, my goal is to get into a new decade this month (was my goal last month)into the 160's. I feel good now and I know that is important but just because I am busy or this or that I don't want to throw the towel in. I am going to try.....thank god! It is so easy to gain weight back! I hope to catch you all soon and want to wish you all a fantastic Friday and weekend!
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 07:44 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!

Diana - so glad to hear all is well with hubby. It's so scary, and I hate to say it but PA's and nurses don't necessarily always have the ability to give you confidence that it's probably nothing, but let's check.

Pang - that's great about the jump rope! I don't think I could make one jump myself.

nancy - hope you have fun this weekend on your adventure.

Jules - you are doing great. The exercise is making you healthier! And just imagine what could have happened if you weren't being careful - take the 2.5 loss and be proud of it!

Weekend - I too would like to get into a new decade this month. I haven't seen the 170's in a very long time!

Today will be my off day. My rear end is tender to the touch from that cycle!
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote