3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   May 2017 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/313062-may-2017-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome.html)

Diana3271 04-29-2017 09:46 PM

May 2017 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

Hi, Everyone! :wave: Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

:cheer2: Here's to the start of a great month! :cheer2:

Weekend Boater 04-29-2017 10:48 PM

Did I say your not rid of me yet? lol :) I am so In! I knowwwww that this month may be crazy for me and not sure how often I can be in but I want to be in and I am here.........so please count me in!

Diana3271 04-30-2017 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weekend Boater (Post 5313313)
Did I say your not rid of me yet? lol :) I am so In! I knowwwww that this month may be crazy for me and not sure how often I can be in but I want to be in and I am here.........so please count me in!

Welcome back! Take one project and task at a time. You've got this! :carrot:

Weekend Boater 04-30-2017 03:57 PM

HI everyone:wave:

Diana Thank you so much! I really need to remember that. Things can feel or get so overwhelming when we think too far ahead, one step at a time! Thank you so much for that reminder! I hope T is okay and please keep us posted.

Speaking of T, he just came up the driveway, he has a terrible cold and is still working! I just cannot get that guy to slow down! I know a lot of things need to get done but still, I worry, all too much sometimes!

Why don't men ever listen? I never KNow! I worry a lot but much to my dismay.

As far as things go with me, I clearly need a phase 1 again as I have been slipping and sliding into carb territory. So what I am doing right now is mentally preparing and would like to install the plan by tomorrow or Tuesday. I will have to go to the market and get all things settled. DH is on board with it so that is good but at this point, I need to really buckle no matter what happens.

I planned to just maintain over summer, things have been going great but April was more of a maintenance so I want to make this next month work and then take it from there.

If any of you would like to commit to this with me next few weeks, please come forward and omg I don't mean to take anyone from their program. If you found something that works for you that is fantastic!

I will be doing some more thinking and contemplating tonight, tomorrow I must go get the ingredients and nothing that makes a mess! lol I think chicken kabobs are in order!

I wish you all a wonderful eveing and I hope to catch up soon!

Weekend Boater 04-30-2017 07:24 PM

I can't believe how tired I am, it is only 7:30! Dh came home and doesn't sound too great and is up in bed. I sure hope he stays home tomorrow. I may just go up and join him, perhaps I need the rest.

Ma told him not to diet while not feeling well! hahaha :) she is so funny, I was on the phone with her while he was in the living room eating (we got take out) and she said he needs to eat, needs his strength, yadda yadda. I just started cracking up laughing, I said ma no worries there, I am watching him through the glass and he is eating dessert as we speak! He told me later she said that to him and we chuckled. She is an exceptionally warm loving person........oh I had some of takout too though and feel like a burrito! I really have to head over to the market tomorrow.

All my news for now, I hope you all have a great start to the week.

Diana, please keep us posted.

Touch base soon, hugs and goodnight to you all and wishing us all a good new day tomorrow.

ChelsieT 04-30-2017 07:25 PM

Already cooked tomorrow's lunch, shrimp with veggies, salad...will have fruit for a snack and a bit of protein if I feel hungry.

Planning on exercising in a few minutes. We got central air conditioning installed last year, so I have no excuses.

Here's to the start of another successful weight loss month for all of us.

Everyone have a fantastic week. :)

nancylmrn 04-30-2017 10:10 PM

I feel like the kid who sneaks out on Christmas eve to see what Santa brought by posting in here hours before May 1 :D

Weekend
you may not post as often but you are not forgotten my friend!
Diana your quotes inspire me every time I read one
Chelsie, good for you with food prep...the key to success, stay prepared.

So after our errands today I did my food prep for lunches next week. cauliflower rice, zoodles, shredded cabbage, sliced peppers, keilbasa and anything else I can think to mix all together for lunch. I usually stir fry it all in the am- enough for two days. Dinners kinda up in the air but know one day will be taco salad, one hamburger patties, one or two halibut nights. Breakfasts I am so predictable, 2 eggs, 2 egg whites and sometimes a piece of baked bacon.

I was doing the weight loss challenge for the month of April and I am officially up 1lb for the month. Last month only saw a loss of 1 pound so either I am on a really prolonged plateau or I need to find a way to shake me up. As you know I have stepped up the exercise so next week will be round 2 week 2. Even if no loss for the month if I can see a change in shape I will be so excited.....tata for now

Diana3271 05-01-2017 08:19 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

I haven't made any weight loss progress, but I am still hanging in there.

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
Nothing for this morning

I am still very sore from my workout on Saturday, LOL. Hopefully I can make it to the gym tonight, too, Body Pump again, LOL. Ouch!

Calories for yesterday: 1420 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 178.4
Down: .4

Have a great day and start to your week and month!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

May 1

Mark 9:23
Jesus said unto him, 'If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.'

All my friends said they didn't think I could do it. They had watched me stuff myself so many times; they didn't think I had any self-control at all. I showed them. I knew in my heart I could make it. Sure, it was tough, but I'm no quitter. When the going got the toughest, it just made me more determined to lose the weight. The key is to believe in yourself. God believes in us, even though we don't always deserve His trust. If God can believe in us, then who are we to do otherwise? Pray for God's assurance, and you will find more than enough faith to make it through.

Today's thought: God believes in me!

Tacos_in_Texas 05-01-2017 11:51 AM

May already?!?!? This year is flying by.

Hope everyone has a great weekend, I know I did. I celebrated a friend's 30 birthday at a very nice steak house this weekend and indulged a little, but not too much.

I have't dared to get on a scale due to it being TTOM and the indulging I did. Maybe I'll weigh in on Wednesday..... Before that I've been at kind of a halted progress, I've seen a drop but nothing to write home about. I really need to measure myself again maybe I'm dropping inches.

I did decide instead of repeating the first 4 weeks of my workout plan to press on to the second round. Hopefully, I can do it.

I'm a little worried about my meal preps this week. I prep with a friend and I usually do the picking, well I was busy and she picked, they are higher in calorie than I would've wanted. I think she sees the word prep or sheet pan and thinks they are low calorie, I've found that is NOT the case sometimes they are just simple meals for people on the go.

Oh well I'll have to be real good with my breakfast and dinner I suppose.

Diana3271 05-01-2017 06:02 PM

Hi Everyone! :wave:

A little background info on my DH: The areola area (breast/nipple area) was turning very dark on one side. DH went to the Dr. on Friday. His regular Dr. was not available so he had to be seen by a PA. As soon as she saw him her face went pale and she started checking his lymph nodes. She stepped out to talk with the regular Dr. Initially, she wanted to send him for a mammogram but decided to send him to a dermatologist, instead. DH called me and said, based on how the PA reacted, he didn't think this looked like it was going to be anything good. Of course I jumped online and started googling. The first thing that popped up was Paget's disease and of course skin cancer.

We're back from the Derm. appointment. The Derm knew what we were concerned about, Paget's Disease. When I googled it, what DH has didn't look like Paget's Disease. The Dr. agreed and said that it didn't look like Paget's since Paget's is red and DH is really dark brown. Paget's is a rare breast cancer. The Derm said the discoloration is from aging. But, the only way to be certain was to do a biopsy. If he didn't do a biopsy, he wanted DH to come back in 3 months to re-check. So, he had a biopsy. But, the Dr. was pretty certain that it's a normal discoloration for him. Friday DH saw the PA at the Dr. office. I am thinking, if he had seen the Dr. we wouldn't have gone through all of this. But his regular Dr. couldn't see him for a month. DH has 2 stitches that has to be removed in 10 days. We should have the results by then. I feel a lot more comfortable now, of course, DH is a little less comfortable, thanks to the biopsy. LOL.

Diana3271 05-01-2017 09:29 PM

Hi Everyone! :wave:

I am still sore from my Body Pump class on Saturday. Today was Body Pump again. I can't do Body Pump again this week, due to my schedule. I will do weights with a DVD on my own this week.

Total Approx 1490 Calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (405 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1/2 Ozery OneBun 50 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Ozery OneBun 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:

Body Pump @ gym

nancylmrn 05-01-2017 09:48 PM

Good evening all :D

Diana this is good news first off!
Taco I am not sure I could go that many days without weighing in no matter what the reason

My WI this am same as yesterday, I truly am beginning to think that I will not go past this darn 159. On occasions I have seen a 1 day drop to 158.6 but those are far and few in between. Mostly it is 159-162 :( I know this is just a number on the scale but it messes with my head. I know I am doing all things right even down to exercise!

Oh have a sad/funny So this weekend we go to local pizza place for dinner, large salad for me (no croutons), DH orders salad and bread sticks. When my order arrives I look at my plate and ask are you sure this is the 'full' salad and not 'half' she says yes it is the full and I commented that it looked smaller did you change management? She said no but they did change some of the menu items...well guess size was one so was not happy. So DH is eating his and his bread sticks and to me that bread was looking mighty fine. As you may know I have not had bread, pasta, rice, flour since last October. So I decided I am going to eat one of those bread sticks. I took one bite and was sooo disappointed it did not taste like I remembered and I left it on my plate. That part is the sad....but the funny was since I said something about the salad size the waitress took $4.00 off my bill. Well guess that is not really funny either I just thought the bread stick tasting bad was sad/funny at the same time.

Ah here I go again rambling

Ronja 05-02-2017 05:03 AM

Hey there my friends, I am in for May as well!

Diana what a lot of stress for you and your DH, glad it turned out to be alright!

WeekendBoater you know how this goes..one thing at the time, one thing at the time, and you will get through! Looking forward to seeing you around!

As for me, april was not a great month, I lost something, but not as much as I hoped to. The only reason for my slow progress was that I was making too little efforts so I need to kick my butt and start being serious about my diet again!

That being said, I am seeing some improvements in the way my body looks. I have lost nearly 15 kgs (33 pounds) since the beginning of the year. My pants got so lose I had to go and buy a new pair of jeans - being stupid as I am, the new pair I bought is still too lose on me! But I dag deep in my closet and found two pair of pants that I put aside years ago for being too small. Guess what - I now fit in them again! And if I stay on track, I should meet my first mileston this month. I will get back to my "pre-first-pregnancy" weight. It's still much too high weight for my body, but hey ho, after five kids I will weight the same as before I had them and that's gotta count as something. I just need to figure out a goal for the rest of the year....

Anyway, sorry for a long post, looking forward to seeing you around

Diana3271 05-02-2017 07:56 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

nancylmrn
As you get closer to your goal weight/healthy weight there is not as much of a deficit, so things become more difficult and takes longer. Hang in there. That is funny. DH went to a farm to table type restaurant last year. It was on a weekend and they had a prime rib that DH wanted to try. We were so looking forward to it. I ordered the dinner salad with grilled chicken. Do you know what a dessert dish looks like? That's what DH's side salad came out in. My dinner salad was smaller than a soup bowl. I literally got mad about it. I didn't even ask about it since I saw the side salad. I knew the salads were small. And yes, it was $14.95, and no we haven't been back. :lol:

Ronja Congrats on the closet shopping! What a great feeling!

I am soooo sore from Body Pump at the gym.

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

Calories for yesterday: 1490 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 178.2
Down: .2

Have a great day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

May 2

Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Ed didn't really know what made him decide to try to take weight off, but now he was glad. His doctor had discovered an irregular heartbeat, and he told Ed to be thankful that he didn't have to carry around so much weight anymore, or his poor heart just wouldn't be able to bear the load. Ed secretly thanked the Lord for helping him out. No matter what had motivated Ed to lose, by doing so he had saved his own life. It was ironic, but Ed had always known that God makes all things work out for the best. After this, no one could ever convince him differently!

Today's thought: My diet may be the best idea God's had all day!

Tacos_in_Texas 05-02-2017 09:21 AM

Good Morning!

Diana Glad to here your DH looks to be fine! What a scary feeling to begin with.

Nancy that IS disappointing, but kinda good right? At least it's like you aren't missing anything great. I quit drinking Dr. Pepper when I started this whole journey again, I tried one the other day and it was so SWEET! I was kinda sad kinda happy. On the not weighing in it's not too hard, I dont keep a scale at my house, I have to go to my mom's to weigh in. Also, weighing in everyday and seeing fluctuation gets me all in a tizzy.

Ronja That's awesome. I keep saying I need to donate things in my closet, but I'm trying to be serious about my weight loss this time and I'm dead set on wearing somethings in the back of my closet again someday.