Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-29-2017, 08:35 AM   #196  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

msgooch Yes, try the trainer's suggestion and see how it works. Everyone is different. I did really well, for years, with longer, steady state cardio with weight training added in a couple days a week. I agree about weight loss being in the kitchen. While you are away, will you workout? Hopefully you can get some walks in.

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

Calories for yesterday: 1510 +
Weigh In: 181.8 (TTOM)
Up: .4

Have a great day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

May 29

Matthew 21:21
Jesus answered and said unto them, 'Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, +Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea;' it shall be done.'

Most people like to feel they are in control of their lives. When they are manipulated or made to feel helpless, they rebel and fight with everything they can. Funny how many of the same people are people who refuse to be ruled by their passions. They ask themselves, 'What would Jesus have me do and be?' rather than leaping into situations without any forethought. Christ should be the only Ruler of our lives, and when we turn all power over to Him, miraculous things begin to happen.

Today's thought: The same power that withers figs can wither fat!
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 06:10 PM   #197  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon and evening to all!
Well made it day 1 of no weigh in, LOL it is really going to be hard to only weigh once a week but I think I will feel better as long as I am logging my food.

Yesterdays cookout was great, and I will say yes I did splurge and eat more carbs than my normal and more calories, but I have made up for that by doing my work out this am and a long 4.3 mile trail walk with DH. So it is mid afternoon here and my steps are up to 16,000 so far.

There are so many that have checked in this weekend and all seem to be doing so well all around.

I have prepped all my veggies for stir fry lunches (hehe two days worth). I am hoping the interview I have on Thursday will go well. I seem to gravitate towards companies that are smaller or family owned. Under 30 employees

I will touch base with all again either tonight or first thing in the morining
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 07:33 PM   #198  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

flower - Thanks, and it's good to see you here too! My master's is in English Education. I'm taking a year off of school, and then in Fall 2018 will be starting a PhD in English Lit (so long as I get into the program--knock on wood!). This year, I'll be working a low stress temp job so that I can focus on putting together a strong application for that program and getting this extra weight off. I'm visiting London for the first time this fall, which I'm really excited about! My mini-goal is to be down to 135 or less by then. I'm in the high 140s right now, and my ultimate goal is in the high 1-teens. (My prior "regular" weight was 110-115; I'm very short.)

Diana and msgooch - Thank you!
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 09:29 PM   #199  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Like I said yesterday, I was wanting to enjoy the weekend in moderation. I was hoping not to fall off the deep end and go into a binge. I was successful. My calories are higher, though, but that was planned. Also, I wanted to eat a sandwich when my friend and I went for lunch today and enjoy it. I wanted to have something that I would really like. I feel like I limit myself so much. I stress and make myself crazy over things. This was a good weekend with moderation. Tomorrow is back on plan. ETA: The chicken salad sandwich at lunch was the big problem, but it was so nice to have something regular. No carrying around the salad dressing, etc.

Total Approx 2085 Calories +

Breakfast (260 calories +: )
Organic Valley vanilla Fuel shake 260 calories
coffee w/cream sugar/stevia blend

Lunch (900 calories)
Waldorf chicken salad sandwich 830 calories
oranges 70 calories

Dinner (925 calories)
shared ribeye steak w/DH 400 calories
broccoli 50 calories
onions, mushrooms, peppers 50 calories
boiled shrimp 75 calories
strawberry shortcake 350 calories

Exercise
30+ minute swim
Old 05-30-2017, 01:38 AM   #200  

Hi all
Hope your long weekend was great. With due respect to the purpose of Memorial day.

Diana
Glad you got to have that sandwich and ribeye. It all sounds very good. You asked about my garden. Its all perennials. So I just have to remove plants that encroach on others. eg the tall purple phlox that decides to grow in the middle of the less intrusive columbine. Or the columbine that decides it would like to hang out oddly close to the rosebush. And then there are the lilies of the valley. And the evening primrose. They think they own the garden Two poppy plants did not like the transplant. So they shriveled and died. But I have to do what I have to do. I cannot have too much of a mess in the garden because I live in a condo complex. Uniformity is the rule. And at its best, my garden is NOT uniform. Including the beautiful field rocks that border the entire garden. Years ago they wanted me to remove them. But those rocks and I prevailed !!!!!!

Weekend Boater
I hope the painting goes well. I bet it will all look great when it is done and you move in.

Chunkahlunkah
PhD next? I am in awe. That is great. Now that things have calmed down a bit I bet you will be able to focus more on the new mini goal. Going to London sounds nice. I have a "kid" (not by birth) who lives in SW part of England. She really liked London.

nancylrmn
I admire all the walking you do

Msgooch great that you got to talk with a personal trainer

LurchMomma sorry you were called in to work on Sunday. Sounds like you went through a lot with the old work schedule.

Hi everyone else

Today was pretty good re: food. Company left. I was not overly tempted by foods.
Total for day 1190
B Coffee with cocoa powder stevia and milk 300
B: chicken sausages 280
L chicken soup 250
D Asian chicken soup 320
Lemon frozen protein drink 100
Hoping you all have a great Tuesday. This will be a short work week !!!

Last edited by flower123; 05-30-2017 at 01:40 AM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 06:38 AM   #201  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all!

I didn't fall off the face of the earth...ready to settle back into a routine for awhile. I hope life agrees 181.4 this morning.

Hope everyone had a great month of May and we all have a wonderful summer.

Best to all, hope everyone has a great day
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 07:19 AM   #202  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!

I hope everyone had a great long weekend! I went out every day, but I did wake up today at 180.2 My new low. Of course I can't get out of the 180's now can I? I leave in a few for a conference and won't be back until Friday night. Oh lordy I really don't want to work to lose more weight from traveling.

I'm doing the hiit on my bike now - I did a quick 20 minutes this morning before we take off, omg...that kicked my butt. It goes so against everything I ever knew.

Diana - I'm not bringing workout clothes, but I do plan on taking long walks on the beach time permitting.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 07:59 AM   #203  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

I am hoping to have some good news to share later today. If you get a chance, please pray for the Lord's guidance for me.

kelijpa Good to see you! Cody's birthday is on Thursday. I went to the specialty a/k/a big $$$$$$, LOL, pet store and got him his cupcake with a candle and decorated cookie. They are all wrapped and really cute.

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (sitting)
Nothing for this morning

So I started the long weekend at 180. TTOM started and is still going on. I enjoyed treats, in moderation. I am ending the weekend at 182.6. So, with TTOM and treats I am up 2.6 pounds. I am OK with that. Hopefully most of that is from TTOM. TTOM is still going on but hopefully it will be ending soon.

Have a great day!

This devotion really speaks to me!

May 30

Ephesians 6:16
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

When we diet, we need protection. We really do. Dieting puts us in a very vulnerable position. We are weakened, frustrated, irritable, guilty, and a hundred other things that stir us up constantly. We need a shield to guard us from the onslaught of so many difficult emotions and feelings. The Lord provides us with the shield we need through faith. Believing in a God who cares for us and stands beside us is a great comfort and a very real help in our times of need. God will not let us struggle alone. He is our refuge, our shield against the worst our diets can do to us.

Today's thought: Oh, Lord, please protect me from me!

Last edited by Diana3271; 05-30-2017 at 08:00 AM.
Old 05-30-2017, 02:58 PM   #204  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

flower - You're in awe of my insanity to want a 6 year program where only half the students finish and only half of those get a tenure track position? I am too! Seriously, thank you. This is the best fit for me, and I really hope I get in! The acceptance rate averages around 10%, so the odds aren't in my favor. If I don't get in for 2018, I'm determined to keep applying until I make it. So yeah, I'm a little insane. What a coincidence that your "kid" lives in SW England! Such a beautiful spot. I really want to visit Cornwall, but that will have to wait for another visit since I'll barely have enough time to scratch London's surface. I'm a travel nut who's done far too little traveling in my life, although I've read many guide books, ha!

kelijpa - Hey there, it's good to see you again! It made me chuckle when you hoped life agrees that it's time to settle back into a 3FC routine. I'm hoping for the same.

msgooch - Congrats on your new low! I see on your tracker that you're also below a 30 bmi - congrats!

Diana - Aw, I love that you got Cody a bday cupcake and cookie. Happy Birthday to Cody on Thursday!

So...I was up 3 pounds today. I was expecting a bump because I had a few margaritas yesterday, and ate out on Sunday and Monday. But I made the choice to indulge because I was celebrating my graduation. I figure that extra bump will come off soon.

Last edited by Chunkahlunkah; 05-30-2017 at 03:01 PM.
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 10:45 PM   #205  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

I have some great news to share. Some of you have been here a while and have been familiar with me trying to sell my Mom's house. This has been going on for 4 1/2 years. I sold the house today! Woo Hoo! Praise the Lord! Tomorrow I have to cancel the insurance and hopefully get a partial refund. I had to pay the who year in advanced and the insurance was around $3600. I also have to go back there to have the water and power turned off. Woo Hoo! I am so glad it has sold!

My breakfast and lunch was my normal fare. For dinner, DH & I went out to celebrate. (I was unsure if the sale was going to take place and I thought today was going to be 100% back on plan) I have had so many closing dates and they all fall through. Anyways, I had one cheddar biscuit, we shared an appetizer, salad w/ranch on the side, I had grilled red shrimp and lobster tail, rice, grilled squash, and shared a brownie ala mode. I am not going to figure out the calories because dinner was off plan and way too many calories. Tomorrow is a new day and back on plan. Woo Hoo! I am so glad all of that is over with!

Enjoy your evening!
Old 05-31-2017, 06:10 AM   #206  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Diana: Yay!!! I know how much that's been stressing you. Sooo happy it's all done!!!
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 06:50 AM   #207  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all!

Diana on selling the house, that must be such a relief. Sorry to see you mention TTOM, not as sorry as I am to be in it myself... the countdown begins again. Except for some spotting while in Cali, it was about 6 months since I had one. Oh well, and thanks for the daily devotion, Lord protect me from me, how appropriate I listened to Belleruth on the way into work yesterday, embarrassing how long it's been since I heard her voice. Happy birthday Cody!!

Chunkalunkah I have some serious catching up to do...I'm trying really hard to keep weight loss/healthy living in the front of my mind.

179.6 this morning, shedding some retained water, I think

Hope everyone has a great day

Last edited by kelijpa; 05-31-2017 at 06:51 AM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 07:54 AM   #208  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Thanks everyone! I've got some final stuff to do today associated with the closing, I need to get back to the office to do some last minute office stuff, go to Church tonight and also do the new check-ins for the month. Gotta get going!

Nothing for last night
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

Calories for yesterday: Unknown
Weigh In: 184.6
Up: 2 pounds

Have a great day!

May 31

Romans 12:3
For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

There were three young men who found they were in need of help from their fathers. The first young man went to his father, but his father told him he didn't deserve any help. The second young man went to his father, but he was told he could have only so much help, then no more. The last young man went to his father, and he was given all the help he needed, and then some. The father let his son know that no matter how much he needed, he could always come to him. Our Father in heaven is like the third father. We need much help in getting through our diets, and we can know through faith that God will always be there to provide us with what we need.

Today's thought: The more I give up, the more God gives!

Last edited by Diana3271; 05-31-2017 at 07:54 AM.
Old 05-31-2017, 09:54 AM   #209  

Good morning!

I hope I am welcome,,,I am new and just getting my feet wet around here,,,,,,,

I started dieting just over 2 weeks ago,,,,Weight when I started 301.2 lbs

Weight this morning,,,291.6 lbs,,,,

9.6 lbs total loss so far,,,,,the difficulty I have is that I totally vary depending on water weight gain,,,it's not uncommon for me to weigh 5 lbs more one day than I did the morning before,,,,,I have a sit down job,,,,,and I'll watch my feet get more and more swollen all week,,by Friday, I can weigh 10 lbs more in water,,,being fat doesn't help that, obviously,,,

Usually by Sunday or Monday AM after having a couple days off, I've lost it though, so I'm totally thinking the only weight I should take seriously is the Monday AM weigh in,,,,,

What do you guys think??

So, How does this work? Do I tell you what I PLAN to eat or what I DID eat???

Right now, I am eating anywhere from 1600-2000 calories a day,,,,but I average around 1800 calories a day,,,,although my little app on my phone tells me I can have 2300 calories a day at this point,,,,,that's a lot of food,,,Of course, I USED to eat over 4500 calories a day to maintain 300 lbs LOL,,,but that's pretty easy when you're eating fast food all the time,,,,I've cut that out and I think my stomach is shrinking because I couldn't eat as much as I used to if I tried,,,

Anyway, nice to meet you all,,,,

Holly
CommaHolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 10:04 AM   #210  

I will post what I had yesterday (probably will do it that way, because I work the later shift, and it's easier to post yesterdays food),,,

Total 1285 calories for the day. I saved some for desert and then never ate any,,,,,,go figure LOL

Breakfast 330 calories
english muffin
2tbsp creamy peanut butter
medium banana

lunch 357 calories
1.5 chicken breasts (it was a big one, so I counted it as 1.5,,,waiting for my diet scale to come in the mail)
mixed greens salad with lower calorie dressing
diet coke

dinner 268 calories
grilled boneless pork chop
grilled zucchini

snacks 330 calories
Special K protein bar
2 string cheese sticks
CommaHolly is offline   Reply With Quote