Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-25-2017, 07:56 AM   #166  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

nancylmrn Good luck with the potential job. And most of all, if it works out that it's a good fit.

msgooch I seek out workout DVD's that do not go to the floor, too. I can offer suggestions, if needed.

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

Calories for yesterday: 1540 +
Weigh In: 181.4
No Change <---This is good since I was up too late last night watching the Survivor finale

Have a wonderful day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

May 25

1 Corinthians 15:58
Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

The Lord wants us to develop strong convictions. The best Christians are the ones who are unwavering in their faith. God will help us develop a lot of iron so we might become totally committed to whatever we set our minds to. As dieters, we need that kind of conviction. If we can stand firm in our resolve to lose weight, we can become examples of the power of God to change lives, physically as well as spiritually. When we commit our endeavors to the Lord, we raise them above personal goals and make them a part of our faith walk; a walk we never make alone.

Today's thought: Let my spirit be immovable, not my body!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 09:43 AM   #167  

S/C/G: 206/189.4/150

Height: 5'4"

Msgooch I'm really hoping it was. I'm set on not weighing in again until Sunday. When I weigh everyday I get anxious, like will I ever lose what I need too?

Lurchmomma- are you in the healthcare professional field? Your schedule before your change and the one now sound so much like my mother's many different schedules over the years. She struggles with weight loss and goes back and forth. She's a nurse and did the weekend warrior thing for 5 years so my kids wouldn't have to go to day care until my youngest started preschool. I'm so thankful for that sacrifice, she was too tired to workout, and sometimes not able to eat while at work. So it was fast food on the way home, or whatever happened to be available at the hospital. She's trying to get back on the wagon, too. Good luck to you!

Nancy Fingers Crossed!!! Not having the stress and maybe getting a new job your happy at, WINNING!!!!

I myself need to get back to being serious and stay that way!!!! I did so well and I catch myself slacking more and more often. This is as long as I've ever been serious about weight loss and I have such a long way to go, I think I'm getting kinda burnt out. My lunches and breakfast are fine, it's dinner occasionally and the not drinking enough water, and the I just don't want to workout. I though the workout part would come as habit after a month, but it hasn't really, and I wish I got that post work out high of awesome I did that euphoria I hear people get. I really just feel hot, sweaty, and pukey. I'll just keep repeating I can and I will until I get there I guess.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Tacos_in_Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 10:58 AM   #168  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning
WI up to 163 again....wo 8 week program week one day 4 done. Today was really hard to workout, I am just tired all over or should I say a bit sore anyway my heart really did not give it my all today but I did what I could. Maybe because this was an all cardio with no weights that I struggled, I much prefer strength training to cardio.

Taco, I have been working out steady 5 mornings a week now for 9 weeks and it is a struggle most morning to get up and get moving but once I am done (and yes I am hot and sweaty) I don't get that high but I know I made an effort. I am starting to see results in my arms but not so much my legs and torso.

msgooch, I so understand about the video's I really like using fitness blender since you can search for what type of exercise and level you want to do. There are times when they go to fast but I just keep at it I know eventually I will be able to do it...or not

Diana, you are just so darn steady you inspire me to keep logging my food and continue with my exercise.
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 10:34 PM   #169  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Does anyone have plans for the long weekend? I will tell you about mine tomorrow. It's getting late, LOL.

nancylmrn I don't know if the logging and posting necessarily works in a positive way, but I do know I would be in trouble if I didn't do it. It does keep me more focused.

Total Approx 1540 Calories +

Breakfast (415 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1 slice Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 60 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (425 Calories)
2 slices Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 120 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled salmon & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
1 hour spin class

Last edited by Diana3271; 05-25-2017 at 10:36 PM.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:37 PM   #170  
Work in Progress

quick note tonight.....
Diana you do awesome and a spin class wow so much braver than me.

3 more business days at this office...new office manager asked if I would consider staying an additional week part time....I said as a 1099 vendor and if I was not busy....she tried to bully me to say I really did not give 2 weeks notice.. but oh I did, the owner of the company chose to sit on the news for three business days. they are scrambling and will have a rough few months...others are looking for employment too. I am fortunate to not need an immediate job, other there not so much. back in the am
Old 05-26-2017, 07:09 AM   #171  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!

Holding steady at today's weigh in. Today is my off day of exercising. It's going to be miserable and rainy here this holiday weekend so I figured I may as well spend it working out in my basement - lol.

Nancy - you know you didn't even have to give notice, and you did. What they did with the information is none of your concern. Good luck as the countdown clock continues!
Diana - I agree that feeling accountable for my eating and exercise helps keep me on track.

I've been researching around trying to find out the "ideal" exercise. It's amazing how many sites say no cardio, just weights. Then I hit on something, which is obvious, and my husband and daughter have been saying, but I'm accepting it now. I still have 26 lbs to go. That's still a bunch to lose, even if to me it feels like nothing considering where I started. The only way to lose this belly fat is through cardio. I've worried about my injuries and how spin is really something I like compared to some other exercises. Bottom line, it doesn't matter what cardio you do, I just need to do rack up the calorie burn. Now I will do the hiit method twice a week because apparently that does burn more fat than other cardio. So essentially I'm giving myself permission to do the exercise I like. I just need to bump up from the 45 minute class to the 60 minute classes.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 08:06 AM   #172  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 1 & 2

Weigh In: 180.4
Down: 1 pound

Have a fabulous day and a great start to your weekend!

May 26

Ephesians 5:1
Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children.

As children of loving parents, we always knew they would do what was best for us: loving us, protecting us, providing for us, and teaching us. Our parents wanted us to be happy and fulfilled, and they sacrificed much so we could enjoy life. The Bible reminds us that our heavenly Father loves us even more than any earthly parent every could. We should follow the wisdom of the Lord as children follow the loving guidance of their parents. God will keep us from those things we should not have, if we will only ask Him to. Include God in every aspect of your life, including your diet.

Today's thought: Let me be a little child of God!
Old 05-26-2017, 09:31 AM   #173  
Work in Progress

Good morning my lovelies

week 1 of 8 finished today was all lower body strength training with a bit of cardio between sets....my legs are telling me yes you did just complete that workout.
WI down a bit to an even 162, but still longing for the 158 I had a month ago. I just wonder if it is possible to gain muscle weight since this has been 9 weeks of training? nah not that much

I have no solid plans for the three day weekend other than to relax, do a bit of retail window shopping and spend time with DH. I will check back in later Have a wonderful day
Old 05-26-2017, 10:00 AM   #174  
Fishing for a plan!

S/C/G: 225/225/155

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning!

Nancy: Any news on the job front? I was curious about the tenant who was interested in giving you a referral....I love it when seemingly random encounters lead to meaningful destinations!

Msgooch: I've ridden through the choppy waters of management change many times over the years. Sometimes it's like being in a dinghy in a hurricane. LOL. At my age, and at this time in my life, I need to hang on if I can. If I leave, I will take a significant pay-cut. I am almost 54 and have never been fired, or laid off, in my life. Maybe that should be on my bucket list of life experiences!

Tacos: Yes, I'm a LPN. I worked the "Weekend Warrior" position for five years in my early 30's in Colorado to keep my kids from having to go to daycare through the week. The shifts were called "Baylors" there. I don't know why, unless the concept originated at Baylor University! LOL. I didn't realize how much difference 20 years and 50 pounds makes.

Diana: Thanks again for the devotions....the one from yesterday really hit home!

Have a great day everyone! I'm getting ready to go out and do week one day two of C25K!

Last edited by LurchMomma; 05-26-2017 at 10:10 AM.
LurchMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 12:10 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 206/189.4/150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all you beautiful ladies!

I'm in a great mood this morning! I'm ready for a 3 day weekend and turns out we will be closing our office early today!!!!

I don't have any set plans for the weekend, I'd like to just get some nice sun, maybe see a movie. It might rain here, so fingers crossed for the sun and I'll save movie day for the day it rains.

One more short week of school for my kiddos and then it's summer!! I can't wait so many school activities up until then. I do have some mixed emotions at the close of the year though. I'm super happy, proud, and excited to see my youngest grow, but elementary is now over for us. I've loved our school and staff.
Tacos_in_Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 05:22 PM   #176  

Hello all
this week has been very busy. Been doing my best to watch those calories. Maintaining, which is good considering company has been coming and going. Currently friends are visiting. That brings food challenges of course. But I am up for the task of maintaining.

Yesterday calories were 1450
today projected to be around 1250.

I hope everyone has a good beginning to the Memorial day weekend.
Blessings to all
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 09:02 PM   #177  
Work in Progress

Good evening,
Well I actually scooted out of the office 3 hours early just because I could LOL what are they going to do? fire me? I have PTO to use up and I did not leave my replacement with anything she could not handle. So then I did something really rare, DH and I went to happy hour at local place and I had a bloody mary and buffalo wings. So of course that shot my carbs up to almost 50 in one day. I know I will be sorry tomorrow or Sunday but it was worth it.

Lurchmama, the chance encounter has lead to an interview the day after I quit current job. We will see, after all and interview is nothing more than a conversation to get to know them and if you want to work there
Old 05-26-2017, 10:30 PM   #178  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Tomorrow we are having a work day at church. It should only be in the morning. Then we will have a cookout/picnic and an ice cream social after. Not sure about the ice cream social. There will be some homemade ice cream, bought ice cream, and fixings. I am the dud of the group and I am bringing Yasso yogurt on a stick and the sandwiches, LOL. My friend is making the homemade ice cream, so I will have 1 bite of that and stick with my Yasso. I guess eating ice cream as a group is an ice cream social, LOL. After our church event, DH and I will take a ride to the Myrtle Beach area. He wants to go watch a Marlin tournament, I want to go shopping at Hamricks, I think he wants to go to Bass Pro Shops, and I'm sure a seafood dinner will be in there somewhere. I know I won't be getting an official workout in. Sunday will be church AM and PM and grocery shopping in between. DH and I will cookout on Monday. Exciting stuff!

All week I have been planning and looking forward to going swimming tonight. Normally I do my grocery shopping on Friday night. But I'm wasn't going to do that today since I won't be cooking tomorrow and we have Monday off. I got busy and was running around trying to get everything done. My friend was trying to get the homemade ice cream done for church so she wasn't as motivated as she was earlier in the week. I got home and almost decided not to go swimming since it was so late. I thought the pool closed earlier than the gym, so I figured that I only had time for 30 minutes or so. But I was determined to go since I had been looking forward to it. I got there and come to find out the pool closed the same time as the gym! Yay! I was able to get a nice long swim in. It felt wonderful and I am so glad that I went.

Total Approx 1540 Calories +

Breakfast (415 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1 slice Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 60 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (425 Calories)
2 slices Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 120 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)

Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
50 minute swim

Enjoy your evening!
Old 05-26-2017, 10:53 PM   #179  
Work in Progress

All I can say is Diana .......you go!
Old 05-27-2017, 07:01 AM   #180  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

I forgot to mention that TTOM also started yesterday. I knew I had been feeling hormonal. I am in that perimenopause stage so there no telling what will happen and those feelings come and go like the wind. I had one at the beginning of April for 2 days. That is unheard of for me. I have always been 10-14 days of nonstop drama. But the 2 days was pretty intense.

nancylmrn Sometimes, you just gotta go for it, right?

This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

Weigh In: 180 (TTOM)
Down: .4

Have a great day!

I don't like how they worded the commentary at the end of the devotion but the rest of it is so true.

May 27

Romans 10:17
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

'How do I know that God will help me lose weight?' The question comes up often, and there is only one response to give: God will help us in every time of need, and He will never turn us away. That is something we just have to know by faith, and we bolster that faith by listening to the Word of God: the Holy Scriptures. God makes wonderful promises to His people, and He is faithful to keep each and every one. He will help us understand His will, if we will only allow Him to do it in His own time and His own way. Listen to the promises of God and receive faith.

Today's thought: I can't hear God if there's fat between my ears!