Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-15-2014, 01:55 PM   #211  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

morning!

152.6 today...well alright I'll take it!

B - belvita breakfast biscuits
L - bison frank wrapped in low carb smart tortilla w/jalapeno sweet relish and mustard
S - didn't bring one
D - ? probably order Thai food, curry fried rice with chicken, after we ride our bikes 20 miles. TGIF!!!

Last edited by Syckgirlsfv; 08-15-2014 at 01:55 PM.
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 07:45 PM   #212  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

W-161.5 down 2 from last week' gain so not bad

Worked at the CSA farm today, then did c25k, like a mini-Ian... feeling it but in a good way.

B-eggs over easy, 2 PC sausage, toast
L- Uno burger, cheddar broccoli soup, fries
D- Wensleydale cheese and Keebler cornbread club crackers, wine
E- picked beans and onions for 2 1/2 hours at the farm, c25k, 1.6 miles, w1day3, got a good start in

This clearly shows why I go up every weekend...but it's the life I love

Best to all
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 08:23 PM   #213  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Well my monster workout session came to an end today. Since Thursday morning I have run three times (for a total of 14 miles) and done weight training twice. Blame it on the weather. It is fantastic!

Down 1.6lbs today to 172lbs.

My weekend gym is shut for 2 weeks so it will just be running at the weekend. I bought some fresh bluefish and mackerel today at the supermarket. I am going to try to eat more fresh fish at the weekend (as you know, I mostly eat canned). I can gut and fillet fish now, so my range can increase.

Anyway, for breakfast I had mackerel, squid and a bowl of oats. For lunch I had my usual with salmon, mussels, squid and a crab cake.

Exercise was a lot!

Quote:
Tonight I learned something. Dont have a combination of beans, onion and corn as main ingredients of any meal.
Well, flower123 I eat onion, beans (hummus), cabbage (kimchi), fish, dried figs, dried apricots and chili daily. The results, let's say, are explosive!

kelijpa, well done on the two-a-day!

And thanks for the tips on the water Eydawn. I made sure I had enough water but the mild weather also helped.

And laciemn, I agree. I have tweaked my diet to include things I really like eating that are good for me. It's worked wonders. It takes a lot of trial and error but I have found stuff out there that I love to eat, is good for me and helps me lose/maintain weight. Sometimes I found foods that I thought were good for me, tasted great but made me put on weight (e.g. guacamole). Sometimes there was stuff that was really good for me and helped me lose weight but I just could not eat (e.g. seaweed). And then there was the sweet spot.

Last edited by IanG; 08-15-2014 at 08:42 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 10:02 PM   #214  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Today was a long day with waking at 4:30 AM.

Novangle I hope your day was a good one!

LiannaKole Sending some your way for the cravings.

Flower I hope all things that had to do with the beans, onion, and corn have calmed down for you.

Eydawn Good job on those steps. Glad work was a little more calm.

Laciemn Enjoy your weekend.

Syckgirlsfv Enjoy the Thai food!

Kelijpa Good job on the 2 pounds! Dinner sounds great!

Ian Good job on the 1.6 pounds! Enjoy the fresh fish.

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your weekend!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 10:06 PM   #215  
Trying to live below 200

Total approx 1350 calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice (Mediterranean blend)
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (400 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham 50 Calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 50 calories
Greek Yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (550 Calories)
Chicken salad sandwich on pumpernickel 500 calories
fruit cup 50 calories

Exercise:
Turbo Kick - Turbo Sport

Last edited by Diana3271; 08-16-2014 at 08:56 AM.
Old 08-15-2014, 10:42 PM   #216  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

I am still around I closed out my summer program this week....we averaged about 70 students per day and it all went smoother than I expected....it was the first summer that I've been 100% in charge of the program, I've always been about 80% in charge before with co-managers and this summer was left on my own to manage it

now I get to set up my classroom and be ready for students by Wednesday....a HUGE success for me was NOT stress-eating my way through the summer and I ended the summer at about the same weight that I started at, according to how I look and feel and how my clothes fit...I haven't been on the scale in such a long time because it seriously messes with my head

I finally went to the dr last week after getting very sick and she diagnosed a massive sinus infection and a bad ear infection...it's still slowly clearing out after a week on antibiotics...it's in my lungs but not getting worse because of the meds...

I switched from running on the treadmill to doing an air trainer, which is sort of a pneumatic elliptical, or like striding uphill(?)...it's weird BUT it doesn't hurt my ankle and knees....my right ankle has felt progressively worse over the summer and after running for 2 days in a row, it hurt BAD for over a week and I decided it wasn't worth it to keep running....I've injured my ankle several times in the past and I think it's just set up to be overly sensitive as is

I like the air trainer machine as I can go for longer than the treadmill, go harder resistance, go farther distance and I can get my heartrate to nearly what I could on the treadmill
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 12:52 AM   #217  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

Had a long (but good day). Barely awake.

B- tea and milk
L- stir fry with beans, tomatoes, collards, green beans. Carrots and hummus.
D- bean burger, 2 kinds of salads.
S- small slice of pie, wine (which I am still feeling).

---

Diana3271: Thanks! I think your will power dust is helping! The past two days have been almost effortless (almost...). Hope your day went well! Have a good weekend!

alaskanlaughter: Congrats on finishing your summer program! And Sorry about your sinus and ear infection - those suck. A lot. Hopefully the whole thing doesn't last much longer.
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 07:39 AM   #218  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

I didn't add on any yoga last night. I wanted to get into bed because of having to get up so early yesterday morning.

Calories for yesterday: 1350 +
Weigh In: 165.4
Down: .8

Have a great day!
Old 08-16-2014, 08:54 AM   #219  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all,
Up as expected 164.4
Feeling good, not too sore.

Alaskan good to see you, glad you found something you can do that doesn't hurt your ankle.

Not sure what's on the agenda today, supposed to be nice, we have a few options.

Hope everyone has a great day
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 05:37 PM   #220  

Hi all. I read the entries but am a bit too tired atm to write words. But I am thinking them

One reply: Thanks to all who commented on my bean, corn and onion combo. Body recovered nicely. But it was a bit traumatizing, lol.

Gained a pound. But thats to be expected. 2 days of not being careful. So today I am minding my calories and carbs. Getting back to that jogging trampoline ( when I feel resentful of it i refer to it as the "tramp"). Tomorrow the scale should have something much better to report. Although to be honest, I am fighting mighty urges to eat comforting foods which are too high in calories. Not sure which side will win.

I hope everyone has a good day today. ( Fights the urge to start leaving personal comments to people)

Last edited by flower123; 08-16-2014 at 05:47 PM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 06:09 PM   #221  
Trying to be in the 160s

Down 2.4lbs today to 169.6lbs. It's nice to be under 170 again.

Breakfast was sardines, medium stickleback, squid and oats. Lunch was my usual with bluefish, squid and anchovies.

For exercise, I ran 7 miles and mowed the lawn.

Exhausting. But great weather!

I have also ordered some cheaper brands of smoked oysters to see how they work out, specifically Reese's Colossal Smoked Oysters and Sunny Sea Smoked Oysters in Teriyaki Sauce. I'll let you know how these work out. They are under half the price.

Last edited by IanG; 08-16-2014 at 08:04 PM.
Old 08-16-2014, 08:32 PM   #222  
Warrior Princess

Not so much 40th birthday celebrating, my son started coming down with something and soon became apparent it was a chest cold or bronchitis. He's better today but kept him from his Dad's this weekend to avoid giving anything to his much younger brother.

Oh well...postponed till next weekend.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 08:40 PM   #223  
Trying to be in the 160s

Sorry to hear that novangel. I turn 40 in January. Scarey. But a good excuse for a big party. The one for 39 was pretty big as well...
Old 08-16-2014, 08:51 PM   #224  

S/C/G: 224/154

Height: 5'3"

Wink Maintenance

Hi everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself. I started Ideal Protein on July 31st, 2013. On April 30th 2014, I got down to my goal weight and have lost 75 pounds!
I left a 5 lb leeway, and now have maintained my weight since then! I have never felt a weight loss program was so easy to do and I was happy and had energy and no cravings the entire time. And believe me, I've done everything. I've always been afraid of maintenance because I'd always be afraid of food the minute I reached my goal. But now, I have NO FEAR OF FOOD. Thats the biggest change. I understand food combining and most importantly, LOVE the new way of eating, so I don't struggle with it. It's about time. Took me years to get to this place. I went from a size 22 to a size 8 or sometimes 10.
YAY!!!
Barsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 09:26 PM   #225  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Well, TTOM started again today. OH JOY! NOT! It stopped only 5 days ago! UGH! Well, I had to think of something funny about all of this nonsense. You know how women's TTOM get in sync with each other? I have come to the conclusion that my TTOM is in sync with every other female on this board. That's why I have more days on than off. Not really funny, but still need to make light of the situation for now. Hopefully it will feakin' go away soon or the Dr. has some good suggestions next month at my appointment.

Alaskanlaughter I'm glad you found an exercise machine that works for you.

LiannaKole Keep up the great work and keep trying.

Kelijpa I hope you found something fun to do with the nice weather. How is Hunter doing?

Flower @ the Tramp! That's a good one! I talk back to the instructors on my workout DVD's. Sometimes I even stick out my tongue and use a few choice words at them.

Ian
Good job on the 2.4 pounds and getting to a more comfortable range of 160's. I can totally relate. I hope the new oysters end up being a good option for you.

Novangel I hope your little one feels better quickly.

Barsha Hi and welcome to the check-in! Congrats reaching your goal.

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!