Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-23-2014, 05:55 PM   #301  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

No offence taken Diana.

No change today. Steady at 168. I'll take that. I am getting more and more no changes now. I like it.

Breakfast was fresh sardines, medium stickleback, smoked kipper fillets with smoked oysters and oats. Lunch was my usual with fresh black sea bass, squid, smoked oysters, octopus and a crab cake.

Exercise was a 6 mile run. My weekend gym is still shut for cleaning.

I wonder what the scale has in store for me tomorrow?
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 06:24 PM   #302  
Vertically Challenged

S/C/G: 192/188/STG 150 / LTG Happy

Height: 5'1"

Default newbie over here

Hello folks!

Here's my story - skip to the bottom for a TL;DR version.

I have never dieted in my life. When I've been at camp (working as a counselor), I've always dropped about 10 pounds over the two weeks. Being active daily and having some restrict my diet? Sweet!

I could never keep it up at home though. I am fairly sedentary and I attribute my aversion to exercise to already feeling hot and sweaty most of the time. I run warm - my husband says I'm a furnace - and so when I'm already feeling gross the LAST thing I want to do is get up and sweat some more. Also, I get migraines from exercising. I know, I know - yeah right. Nice excuse. But seriously! I really noticed it when I was on an ultimate frisbee team (a hilarious chapter of one summer a few years ago ) and every stinking game I was ending up on the sidelines with my head feeling just awful. I thought at first I was just dehydrated. So next game day, I made sure I was hydrated all day and during the game. Wham. Still a big headache. Ok, maybe blood sugar? Made sure to eat and stay fueled during the game. Wham. Still a big headache. It also happens on days when I'm working hard in the sun or I've been out too long without a break. With a handy dandy little internet search, I discovered that it is probably a blood pressure caused headache. Greeeeat just what I need! Another reason to make it hard for me to get off my butt.

Long story short - I know I can lose weight even though I've never intentionally tried. I'm using my fitbit flex to remind me to stay active, taking the bike when it's a short enough ride (2miles ish) and counting my calories. I'm just starting as of this week. I feel a little sluggish but I imagine that's just my body adjusting to me not eating all the darn time.

I enjoy being active and I want my body to work for me, not the other way around. So I'm setting out on a new adventure. I want to be able to post my own pictures in that before and after forum and gosh darn it, I'm going to. Ready, set, go!

S 192 / C 192 / STG 150 / LTG Happy & Healthy
Height 5'
Age 26
goyb2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 07:35 PM   #303  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Welcome goyb2013. It can be hard to exercise at higher weights. It was for me too. So I lost my first 60 pounds with diet alone. Diet is 80% of the weight loss story.

After my first 60 I started running and going to the gym. That accelerated my weightloss, initially...now the muscle is kicking in.

So do what you can do, but keep the diet at the front of your mind.

And don't use exercise as an excuse to undermine your diet.

Last edited by IanG; 08-23-2014 at 07:38 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 08:13 PM   #304  

Diana Sweet picture. Thank you for posting the link. DH looks like a kind human. Cody looks sweet. Even though you describe him as "evil". I love animals that have a fair percentage of naughty. They are much more interesting. Strong personalities. And great for humor. Although it is encumbant on their human ( humans) to stay one step ahead of them. Otherwise diablo mayhem can ensue

Last edited by flower123; 08-23-2014 at 08:13 PM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 08:58 PM   #305  

S/C/G: 209/ticker/170

Almost 10k steps... probably get there by this evening. Breakfast- core power protein bar, coffee, half and half. Lunch, chicken marinara Healthy Choice and low fat kettle chips. Snack, chex mix honey nut. Beer after getting released early from work (a good thing, I get to just take PTO for the 2 hours I didn't work.)

Going out with brother and hubby tonight. Kind of in a funk today; down mood and my broken foot is really hurting for some reason. Not even all that hungry... probably won't get anything too scandalous.

Hope all had a better day than I. Catch y'all tomorrow.

Last edited by Eydawn; 08-23-2014 at 08:59 PM.
Eydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 09:01 PM   #306  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

rode 25 miles today - gorgeous, sunny So Cal day! We did stop and have Burger King, though...but I only had 1/3 of DH's double Whopper and 1/2 the fries so it turned out not to be so bad. Burned 1,000 calories on the ride

Nice day.
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 09:09 PM   #307  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

LiannaKole I used to think I was 5' 8" but I'm actually 5' 6.5". I don't think I shrunk, I think someone must have measured me wrong one time. I would love to be taller, too.

Ian Good job maintaining. You are figuring out that sweet spot for you.

goyb2013 Hi and welcome to the check-in. Good luck with your weight loss and fitness goals. DH is the warm one and I'm always cold. I have been known to jump around just to warm up. It's amazing how we are all different like that.

Flower Thank you @ the picture of my two babies. Cody is a good boy but a little devilish to boot. Right now he is not a happy camper. DH is not home yet and Cody knows this is not part of our daily routine. DH is at the farm right now. He should be home within the hour. Cody knows we are all normally home by the time it gets dark and/or he thinks "Daddy" has been gone too long. He's walking around whining.

Total Approx 1470 Calories + (this was good for a Saturday) I ate dinner on my own since DH was coming home late. I knew waiting for him would cause me problems since it was too long in between meals)

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Mediterranean Blend Veggies or Zucchini w/Tri Pepper Blend
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Snack (100 calories)
2 iced coffees w/sweet 'n low & cream while waiting for the appliance repair guy 100 calories

Lunch (600 calories)
Grilled salmon & veggies 600 calories

Dinner (370 Calories)
Yellow grits 210 Calories
1 egg + egg whites 100 calories
nitrate free bacon 60 calories

Exercise

None since I spent most of my day dealing with the dishwasher situation
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 09:11 PM   #308  
Trying to live below 200

Eydawn Great job on all of those steps, especially with a bum foot. I hope it heals quickly.

Syckgirlsfv Good job on the 25 miles!
Old 08-23-2014, 09:34 PM   #309  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Welcome, goyb!

I made a spicy shrimp soup for dinner, like a Mexican posole. Yummy.
Weightlifting got done too.

Cals were just under 1400.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 09:45 PM   #310  
finale

S/C/G: 241 11/13/13, GW 180

Height: 5' 3"

Great blog to start I am going to be restarting on Monday after returning from taking my youngest child to college and need to start to put me as a priority again. This is the only way of eating that has allowed me to take weight off so I would like to see this blog continue for the next year or so
finale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 04:01 AM   #311  

Diana, I love dogs. Generally, they are SO loving. I hope Cody's daddy came home soon.

Hi goyb2013 and Finale. Nice to meet you both. Hope you enjoy posting here in this great community. Sounds like you both are motivated and determined. Finale, I hope you are okay taking your youngest to college. I know that can be hard for mom. goyb, are you under doctors care for high blood pressure?

Today I had three peaches which I should not have had. Two were extra large. I think physically my stomach cannot handle them. Early years of starvation dieting in unhealthy ways (yoyo syndrome eating pattern) left my digestive system a permenant mess, when I was much younger. So I have to be careful. I think I cannot have the peaches anymore. But thats okay. It will be best to not have those carbs every day.

Starting on sunday my low fat chicken sausage will be on sale for the week. So I will be stocking up. Only one store sells them. And I can only afford them when they are on sale. So this is auspicious.
Saturday calories
frozen protein stuff 270
hot chocolate 180
peaches 250
nitrate free ham 280
salad 170
fish and chicken sausage stew with 7/10 oz of cheese 400
total for the day 1550

Last edited by flower123; 08-24-2014 at 04:08 AM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 07:49 AM   #312  
patpatpatpatpat

S/C/G: S: 89kg -- C: 78,8kg -- G 49kg

Height: 145 cm

welcome goyb

quick check in. had approx 1400 calories yesterday which is okay.

today is a workout break, and another afternoon/eve with friends. Will have Pizza today, and I look forward to that

Have a nice day everyone!
PatPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 09:06 AM   #313  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

finale Hi and welcome to the check-in!

Last night I added on:
Move Your Energy Move your Life from Dr. Yoga House Call
Forward Bends, Twists, and Relaxation from The Gift of Yoga

Calories for yesterday: 1470 +
Weigh In: 165.2
Down: 1.2 pounds!

Have a great day!
Old 08-24-2014, 09:20 AM   #314  
Vertically Challenged

S/C/G: 192/188/STG 150 / LTG Happy

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for the welcome, everyone.

I'm not under doctors care for the blood pressure thing. I have a great big bunch that it is my weight. I want to try losing some and see if that improves. It's not every time I work out, just when I really push it.

Totally on target yesterday.
Breakfast - 2 scrambled eggs and a slice of toasted quinoa bread from trader joes
Lunch - burger, homemade fries (baked!), and a big ol' salad with cucumber feta red onion and a little olive oil.
Dinner - stir fry (minus the fry) with udon noodles in a spicy garlic sauce
Snack - handful of pistachios and a low-cal margarita to end the day.

Looking at all that I'm proud I stayed within my portion control. I mostly need to focus on portion size and how frequently I eat. I have long stretches where I don't eat anything because I forget or I'm out of the house. Then way over compensate when I eat next.

Anyway, excited to be here!
goyb2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 10:04 AM   #315  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

Ugh. Something popped in my lower back today, and it hurts when I bend forward or sit now. Never done this before. I was leaning over to pick something up and I slipped on a slippery part of the floor.

Anyone have tips for what to do if your lower back hurts from popping something? I've never had this issue before...
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote