Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-24-2014, 11:11 AM   #316  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

morning

up a pound to 153 today, but I was prepared for it since I had fries yesterday. They were SALTY. Will be gone later

Having my healthy breakfast latte right now - latte w/Almond Joy creamer, gelatin powder, and coconut oil. YUM!

Not sure about food today, but after church we're going to the gym for weights. Check in later!

Last edited by Syckgirlsfv; 08-24-2014 at 11:12 AM.
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 01:52 PM   #317  

S/C/G: 209/ticker/170

Height: 5'8"

Lianna- (Disclaimer- this does not represent the opinion of my employer or educational institution and should not be regarded as medical advice, but rather as friendly communication.) Be careful, it sounds like you may have slipped a disc. Is the pain radiating down either of your legs? If so... you probably need to get X-rayed or have an MRI. (I work on a post-surgical orthopedics unit... I see this kind of stuff a lot.) At the very least, I'd avoid bending and twisting right now until you get a couple days out and can tell if you've seriously done something bad...

Goyb- (see disclaimer above) did you actually take your blood pressure to see? Probably good to know how high it is before making that assumption. Cheapie automatic cuffs at Walgreens are easy to come by anymore... Also, a friend of mine had the same thing (exertional headache) and it wasn't BP related at all-- it was stress/neck tension related. But if your BP *is* getting high, too high/uncontrolled can start to cause internal damage before you see a drop from weight loss... so a doc's take on it is a good thing. Better to protect everything now, lose the weight, then go off the meds than to do permanent damage.

Ian- Maintaining without fluxing is wonderful. I hate how wide my flux can be.

Yesterday evening I did fairly well when we went out... had a calorie counted "light" entree (bbq bison burger with a side of southwest slaw, 630 calories), a beer, and then we went to one of the less college-y venues in town. This place is amazing. I got a pint glass of applewood smoked bacon with a side of maple syrup for dipping. OH. My. GOD. That was awesome. That plus one mixed drink? Not too shabby! Fitbit said I was only over my calories by about 100 (with a programmed in 500/day deficit). I'll take it!

Plan for today: Elevate/ice foot. Furniture shopping, for a bed frame that's not going to lend itself to me breaking my toe again. Drying some basil. Making and canning tomato sauce from the garden explosion. Seriously, we have AMAZING tomatoes!! I've never seen so many! And there's more ripening on the vines...

Breakfast: Eggs, garden peppers and garden onions and 2 links breakfast sausage. Coffee with half and half. (313 cals)

Hope everyone has a fantastic Sunday!
Eydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 02:14 PM   #318  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Made it through a week on plan.

W 170.2
B egg on toast
L soup
D soup
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 05:47 PM   #319  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I have had one of those frickin' life happens, cr@p days today that we all get once in a while.

I did a 5 mile run this morning. Afterwards, I noticed a problem with the car. Not an immediate problem but one that would give me a problem come winter time or some other time I didn't need it if I didn't take care of it.

So a drive to the shop, a whole day wasted later and $700 out of pocket and the darn car is fixed.

The whole thing threw my diet off. For breakfast, I had oats, smoked oysters and quiche. For lunch I had lobster roll with a side of chicken Caesar salad and ice cream.

Weight is up 1.4 to 169.4lbs.

I hate days like these.

The icing on the cake is that I make my lunch a day in advance. So I have a two-day old salad to eat tomorrow. How (not!) delicious!

Rant.

Last edited by IanG; 08-24-2014 at 05:53 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 05:48 PM   #320  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

coolmom that soup sounds awesome!

Diana great photo of DH and Cody, both are so cute loved your story, too...sometimes we call a Hunter devil dog...lol...mostly we call him flippydog, he's so goofy sometimes...he fits right in, DH and I are always saying "you could have married somebody normal...then the other one says...but I'm happy with you...kind of a running joke... "

Ian congrats, sounds like you're really in a good groove. edit sorry to hear about your car, that sux, a couple weekends ago my husband asks me, did you know there's a trail of oil down the driveway from your car, luckily the plug gave way right near the house and leaked out in the driveway instead of on the hi way or something, it was under warranty, but that day was shot with getting it towed, waiting to hear what the heck happened and then picking it up, I had pizza that day... The next day the dog got into the porcupine, he cost me about what your car did...I feel your pain buddy

liannaKole sorry to hear about your back, I did something to my shoulder and get a weird twinge when I move it certain ways, unpleasant to say the least, stretching usually works for me, I have some exercises from the physical therapist for my shoulder, be careful with your back, I'd try some moist heat and light stretching, that usually helps with my lower back, I have one of those rice things you put in the microwave for a little bit.

goyb welcome!

So, W-165.4 normal weekend gain
B- coffee
L- cole slaw,cucumber salad, broccoli w/ranch
D- sweet corn, Ithaca apricot wheat beer
E- 3.2 mile hike w/DH and little dog, garden trimming and cleanup, love and hate this time of year in there, love the veg, but hate to see the end of the season coming

Best to all

Diana I'd love to send some zucchini your way!! I've been making lots of zucchini bread and freezing it, also a sort of goulash, haven't tried the noodles, I have the same DH issue, I came across a recipe for a casserole with shredded zucchini and cheese, must be good, eh ?! We've had an abundance of cucumbers as well this year, I'll be missing them in the winter, did make some pickles, but not the same as a fresh one, even after you've eaten about a hundred

Last edited by kelijpa; 08-24-2014 at 05:55 PM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 08:23 PM   #321  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

CoolMon Good job on your day and for the on plan week.

Flower I buy my favorite yogurt in cases, LOL. Actually it's a good thing because they offer a case discount when you buy that way. I'm not sure if you were here the last time I mentioned this, so I will share again. I will come home with a pile of coffee or whatever I get on sale. DH will ask "is there a shortage of that?" My comment "there is now since I bought it all".

PatPat Enjoy the pizza with your friends.

Goyb2013
Good job working on your portion control. Keep working on things and tweaking them as you go along.

LiannaKole I hope your back situation is minor and you are feeling better.

Syckgirlsfv What is the purpose of the gelatin powder in your latte? I have never heard of that before.

Eydawn The applewood smoked bacon sounds delish!

Ian It's good you were able to get the car fixed on quick notice. Good job staying below 170.

Kelijpa LOL Sounds like we both have a 3 ring circus going. Can you freeze the zucchini? I buy a frozen mix of veggies and it has zucchini in the mix.

Waving Hi all around!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 08:31 PM   #322  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1425 Calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Mediterranean Blend Veggies or Zucchini w/Tri Pepper Blend
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (350 calories)
Greek yogurt/pineapple 300 calories
iced coffee w/sween 'n low & cream 50 calories

Dinner (675 Calories)
Bread 125 calories
6 ounce sirloin 300 calories
steamed yellow squash, snow peas, carrots x 2 = 200 calories
dark chocolate 50 calories

Exercise
Step Plyo Blast Plus premix from KCM's Cardio Blast
Old 08-24-2014, 08:36 PM   #323  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

Diana I have been reading really good things about taking gelatin - it's good for your joints, your metabolism, and also it is supposed to stimulate collagen production. They have it on amazon.com and it's a little pricey, but it's cold water soluble and tasteless. I add it to my coffee in the mornings. Here is what is says about the one I get:
Helps regulate the body's metabolism
Builds connective tissue in hair, skin, and nails
Bio-active product containing 90% protein
Rapid absorption
Cold water soluble

it has like 15 grams of protein or something which is nice.

we are getting ready to BBQ - bison franks and sirloin kabobs. YUM!
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 08:52 PM   #324  

S/C/G: 85/83/60 kgs

Height: 5'5"

Going to seriously start counting calories from today.
nishita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 09:00 PM   #325  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishita View Post
Going to seriously start counting calories from today.
HI and welcome to the check-in! Good luck with your weight loss goals.

Syckgirlsfv Interesting. I wasn't familiar with it.

Last edited by Diana3271; 08-24-2014 at 09:01 PM.
Old 08-24-2014, 09:23 PM   #326  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

Diana indeed, I did hear you could just freeze it, have to verify...

Syckgirlsfv I remember gelatin being touted for being good for nails and hair,they used to tell you to use Knox unflavored gelatin, is it in a capsule or something now, concentrated, something like cranberry juice? Interesting.

Welcome Nishita!
Old 08-25-2014, 03:17 AM   #327  

Diana, too funny re buying in bulk. The guys in the meat section of the market all know me because of the sausage thing. One of them even recited to me the flavors I cannot eat because they are too spicy. I was not sure if I should be impressed or hide, lol. What I do is stock up. But also I check for flavors they are out of. Then I ask for a rain check. They can be used for 30 days from when issued. So If I am dedicated and the stars align, I will end up with a stock of chicken sausage, and 4 rainchecks. Just have to make sure the same person is not working at the customer service desk each time i go to ask for a raincheck. When i run out I have to buy them at TJs. Not my fav because they add sugar to them. Tastes great. But I do not like uninvited carbs at my party

Syckgirlsfv I too remember the whole Knox geletain thing. High in protein. They used to say it was made from horses hoofs. I doubt if thats still true. But I might look into it.

Hi Nishita. Nice to meet you

Today I ate a lot of calories. Because I had both popchips with cheese preceeded by some croutons with blue cheese from the health food store salad bar. But its okay. No peaches. And dinner was just ... well... chicken sausage and salad made of romaine, celery, green cabbage and cucumber. With a tsp of sesame oil and a tbs of lemon. 280 calories in all. And very low in carbs.

Tomorrow I need to go to the chocolate factory to get my cocoa powder. So there will be a sample involved. Other than that I probably will stick to low(ish) calorie and sodium day.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Last edited by flower123; 08-25-2014 at 03:22 AM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 07:37 AM   #328  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

Good morning all

W-163.8
B- grits, craisins, pecans
L- ?cucumbers, prob.
D- maybe roasted veg.

Hope everyone has a great day
Old 08-25-2014, 07:47 AM   #329  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on:
Flexibility & Strength from Yoga Quick Fixes
Short Rest from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

Calories for yesterday: 1425 +
Weigh In: 165.2
No Change

Have a great day and start to your week!
Old 08-25-2014, 10:00 AM   #330  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Good morning! Had to get up early today.

W 169.8
B will be egg on toast
L probably still soup
D ?

Flower, your comment about unwanted carbs at your party made me laugh. My posole had hominey and I forgot that was a load of carbs I invited to my party. Ooops!
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote