Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-14-2014, 03:48 PM   #196  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Well, down 1lb today to 173.6lbs.

I am halfway through my monster exercise session. Thanks flower123, Just the run to do tonight and then the run tomorrow morning. It will be critical to get home early tonight. Too many beers and I will be in trouble for tomorrow. So I will leave wherever I am at 9am and should be home for 10..ish.

Breakfast today was smoked kippers, smoked oysters and a bowl of oats. Lunch was my usual with smoked sturgeon, a crab cake, smoked oysters, squid and octopus.

Exercise: you know it already.

Diana, I do buy my smoked oysters in bulk. But they are very expensive. I have found this amazing brand (ekoneoyster.com) which are very tasty and meaty. But for 24 cans (which lasts me 12 days) it is $132.

That's a lot of green. But it helps me to stay lean.

Last edited by IanG; 08-14-2014 at 03:49 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 03:56 PM   #197  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

We have a local seafood market I have never gone into before, I finally decided to check it out last night for shrimp for our dinner. It is a cool little family run business. They have frogs legs and I got excited about trying them. I was researching recipes when I discovered the movement to stop people from eating frog legs because it is endangering the species. Dangit! Now I can't buy them in good conscious.

I will go back for their other things though. Now I know how to process fresh shrimp. It's half the price of pre-cleaned.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 04:04 PM   #198  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolMom75 View Post
They have frogs legs and I got excited about trying them. I was researching recipes when I discovered the movement to stop people from eating frog legs because it is endangering the species.
what! frogs are a form of pestilence...I highly doubt they're going to be endangered wow. what will they think of next maybe flies and ants?

I know they are saying it, but i don't believe it.
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 04:11 PM   #199  
maintaining since 9/2013

Hi All,
Have to rest my eyes for awhile so have been offline, and will be for a few more days, but will track my meals the old-ashioned way in the interim.

Diana, re squash....I've been have summer squash. They sell all different kinds, though they all taste about the same, just different colors & shades of yellow & green. I saute them in chicken broth with sliced red onion, add a little olive oil after they're cooked. Yummmm! I also love butternut squash...sometimes I cube it and bake in coconut oil, garlic, tiny bit of cayenne. It has a bit more calories than the summer squash.

What types do you like to have?

Have a great weekend everyone!
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 04:13 PM   #200  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syckgirlsfv View Post
what! frogs are a form of pestilence...I highly doubt they're going to be endangered wow. what will they think of next maybe flies and ants?

I know they are saying it, but i don't believe it.
They are very very endangered, some species already extinct. They are not pests, quite the contrary!
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:05 PM   #201  
Time to get real

S/C/G: 228/228/160

Height: 5'4"

Pretty decent day today, eating-wise. I have to chew on the left side of my mouth because it hurts on the right side, but sadly, that doesn't make me want to eat less!

Breakfast:
2 scrambled eggs in 1 tbsp of butter
1/2 cup of strawberries and raspberries

Morning snack:
Medium iced coffee with cream and sugar

Lunch:
Salad made from romaine lettuce, carrots, cucumber, grape tomatoes, 2 hardboiled eggs, and 1/2 small avocado with 2 tbsp of this weird cilantro yogurt dressing

Dinner:
5 oz baked salmon with a garlic parmesan topping (homemade)
Asparagus
Baked sweet potato with 2 tsp of butter

Misc:
4 Hershey's miniatures
Kombucha

Aside from the chocolates, I think I did pretty well. Hope everyone else had a good day!
acciochocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:12 PM   #202  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Ian thanks for the encouraging words, funny my DH says something similar about his low weight,he feels like his legs got too skinny and he didn't feel as strong, so he's just trying to lose a few more pounds, but not muscle.

RadioJane congrats on the house, how exciting, best of luck to you!

Diana did you look up dirigible, it's like a blimp, I felt like a gas filled airship yesterday and most of today, just bloated feeling, like TTOM kind of...

liannakole congrats on the c25k, I did it during last fall/winter and loved it, then we traded our treadmill for a recumbent bike, which I ALS love, but want to get back to jogging. You can do it, there's usually a thread in the exercise forum for c25k.

Mars I'm taking a social media break myself, time sucking sometimes...hope your eyes are feeling better.

coolmom how great to have a local seafood market. Fresh shrimp sounds great.

flower

eyDawn titbit

Syckgirlsfv congrats on the drop.

Last edited by kelijpa; 08-14-2014 at 08:16 PM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:39 PM   #203  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Radiojane Good to see you check-in.

Acciochocolate I hope I can get to a spinning class one day. They seem so fun! I hope your tooth is feeling better today. Dental stuff can be painful. ETA: I just saw your post about it still being painful. Are you scheduled to get it fixed? I have had several root canals. It didn't stop me from wanting to eat either. I just found softer things to eat like chicken and dumplings, ice cream, pudding, etc. Every reason is a good reason for me to eat.

Eydawn Good job on the steps and miles!

Flower How was your meal today?

LiannaKole I have read something similar to what you said. The more you give in the more it relaxes your resistance. I hope you had a good day.

Laciemn Turkey soup sounds great!

Kelijpa Do you have anything fun planned for the weekend? Any music festivals coming up? Yes, I had to look it up. You can feel like a dirigible, while I normally feel like a beached whale.

Syckgirlsfv Good job on your weigh in!

Ian Good job on the pound! Have fun at the hash run! Hmm, that's an expensive habit. I wonder if you can buy the brand elsewhere at a discount. I'm sure you have already searched high and low.

CoolMom Good deal learning how to clean the shrimp and saving money!

Mars I also love all types of squash! My DH prefers yellow squash. I don't eat the Winter squashes as much though. Not because I don't like them, it's just that I'm not used to preparing them. I probably need to look into that.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:46 PM   #204  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1450 Calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice (Mediterranean Blend)
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (400 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham 50 Calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 50 calories
Greek Yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (650 Calories)
Grilled Salmon 425 Calories
Green Beans 75 calories
Grilled zucchini 75 calories
Roasted spaghetti squash 75 calories

Exercise:
KCM's Start Here Cardio Sculpt and Leg work w/ 8's
TJ Cardio Party Mix 3
Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
Old 08-14-2014, 10:48 PM   #205  
Warrior Princess

I had a great run outside tonight for 40 minutes. I was so proud of myself since the last outdoor run was a disaster. It really boils down to where I'm at mentally for the day. When I'm not having anxiety I'm on fire.

My son has an awful chest cold (in August!?) I feel so bad for him. Hopefully by tomorrow he's feeling better. I hate when he gets sick because then I worry all night. Kids usually bounce back pretty quickly though...if I get this it will be the end.

Tomorrow I turn 40, guys!
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 12:09 AM   #206  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

Today was a good day - hopefully the cravings calm the heck down for a while.

B- tea and milk
L- kale, bean and tomato stir-fry, crackers
D- pizza and salad
S- banana bread slice
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 12:35 AM   #207  

Tonight I learned something. Dont have a combination of beans, onion and corn as main ingredients of any meal.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 12:58 AM   #208  

S/C/G: 209/ticker/170

Height: 5'8"

Flower- I'm guessing you encountered some GI distress.... bummer!

Ian- hope you quit early enough to get good sleep and feel OK tomorrow. Don't forget to hydrate like crazy.. that much exercise all together can put you at risk for rhabdo... ;-) (sorry... the nurse in me just won't shut up sometimes...)

Nova- your run sounds amazing!

Today: Did 11k steps at work. Having more stable patients meant less running... ;-)

Breakfast: CorePower chocolate protein shake
Snack: Coffee with half and half
Lunch: Evol grilled steak bowl (coworkers had Mexican potluck... I fit right in!)
Dinner: 2 bison hot dogs with buns, brussels sprouts, Olathe sweet corn, Third Shift lager and 2 Dove mini chocolates.

Total calories: 1735. Fitbit is telling me I can eat 693 more (and that's setting it to let me "earn" extra calories as I move throughout the day). No way. I'm full. Don't think I could eat more if I tried...

Going to head to bed and try to catch a Zumba class on my day off and get a pedicure. Then 2 more days in a row of work. Eesh! Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow!
Eydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 04:36 AM   #209  

S/C/G: 171/150/115

Height: 5'4

Diane, yep, the turkey soup is really helpful because it's savory, keeps me full, and tastes really good!
Ian, those little things that help us eat healthy really are worth it!
Flower, Hahaha, sorry to hear that! XD
Novangel, 40 is the new 30, right? And 30 is still young so there ya go. Happy birthday!

Today I've had :

Ham sandwich with mayo
Zucchini, onions and egg whites scrambled (wasn't that good )
Japanese Omelet

I found a worm in one of my zucchini which I'm keeping as a pet. I put it in a tack case and wrapped it with plastic wrap (I poked holes)

This is actually kind of a lot since I've eaten all that within 8 hours XD I still have calories for soup and oatmeal though .
laciemn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 05:49 AM   #210  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! TGIF!

Today is my early day! I have to get up an hour earlier than normal. I naturally woke at 4:30. Normally this is a set up for the perfect storm with my weigh in. I will have a 1+ gain due to the lack of sleep. I didn't. That's very interesting, but not complaining at this point.

Last night I added on:
Breath Primer, Tune In, Teapot Meditation and Deep Relaxation from Fat Free Yoga

Calories for yesterday: 1450 +
Weigh In: 166.2
Down: .4

Novangel I hope you have a wonderful day!

Have a great Friday and start to your weekend!

Last edited by Diana3271; 08-15-2014 at 06:07 AM.