Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-11-2014, 08:07 PM   #151  
Time to get real

S/C/G: 228/228/160

Height: 5'4"

Well, I fell off track over the weekend and I feel ashamed; I know that I have to buckle down and be really strict to see any changes. I've done it before. I lost 70 pounds being strict several years ago. I don't know why I've been having such a hard time in the last two years buckling down again.

Anyway, I did better today. I even went to the gym after work! Here's my day:

Breakfast:
2 scrambled eggs in 1 tbsp of butter
1 small kiwifruit and 1/4 cup of blueberries
1 Keurig iced coffee with 3 tbsp of Natural Bliss creamer

Morning snack:
Greek yogurt + chia seeds

Lunch:
Cobb salad with 6 grilled shrimp

Dinner:
Amy's cheese enchilada meal

Dessert:
Small organic apple with 2 tbsp of peanut butter

Workout:
Next Level (30 minute intense circuit training. I haven't done it in awhile and it was HARD)
acciochocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:09 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 223/197/120

Height: 5'5

acciochocolate can I just say...I LOVE your username!!
I hope you can feel better about your food choices, I'm sure you'll be back on track in no time!
muguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:20 PM   #153  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Mars Good job getting getting back in the swing of things. Wishing you good days ahead.

Flower How was your day? I hope it was a good one for you.

LiannaKole I understand about not feeling in control. It's like you feel guilty for not eating how you planned and/or feel guilty for thinking about eating other things or what could have happened. You still did well since you stayed in your calorie range and you kept things in moderation. Give yourself credit for what you did well and build on that.

Novangel I'm glad you are feeling better. Good job finishing up with the wedding plans.

Muguet Hi and welcome to the check-in. Good luck with your weight loss goals.

Thinin08
HI Thank you! We were glad to get the good news.

CoolMom Sounds like a great trip! Thank you for sharing the cute picture. He is a cutie! What kind of dog is he? He kinda looks like some sort of spaniel.

Syckgirlsfv The grilled foods sounds delish!

Sydney I will be keeping you and your DS in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated.

Bethedee Hi and welcome to the check-in! Congrats on the pound! You are off to a good start!

acciochocolate I'm glad today was a better day. No need to feel ashamed. We all have those days. Good job getting back on plan.

Last edited by Diana3271; 08-11-2014 at 08:31 PM.
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:20 PM   #154  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Up 0.2lbs today to 174.8lbs. Very heavy for me. It could be muscle as well as water and waste. Argh, I hate weight training. I mean, it makes me look and feel great. I also like doing it because it kills anxiety without the "on the edge of death" feeling that you get with running when you are pushing it which is what I tend to do. But for the scale, it is just a disaster. I am going to have to quit the scale soon if I keep building, I just know it.

Anyway, breakfast today was sardines, medium stickleback, a little smoked herring and a bowl of oats. Lunch was my usual with sockeye salmon, mussels, squid, smoked oysters and a crab cake.

For exercise, I ran 4 miles before work and did 50 minutes weight training before lunch.

Last edited by IanG; 08-11-2014 at 08:22 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:30 PM   #155  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1550 Calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (400 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham 50 Calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 50 calories
Greek Yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (750 Calories)
Baked chicken (very small) 350 calories
boiled okra 100 calories
green beans 100 calories
carrots 100 calories
small cup cantaloupe and honey dew melon 100 calories

Exercise:

Anni Mairs Life Force w/#2
Old 08-11-2014, 08:37 PM   #156  
It's more UP than Down!

S/C/G: 138 / 102 / 65 kg

Height: 169cm

11:30am and I'm sitting in the lobby of the hospital instead of being in my son's room because I am being a horrid, selfish, very bad mum right now. He's angry. He's crying. He doesn't like needles. He doesn't understand any of this. And my sister arrived and took over snuggling with August, who is wriggling and trying to get out of his bed and off his IV and out of this very mean place, and I just couldn't take it anymore. I just walked out. He's probably now crying for me, but I can't force myself to go back inside. And I can't reach Peter. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. Go back in, Grace...your son needs you...and yet...here I sit.
Sydney_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:48 PM   #157  
Trying to live below 200

Sydney Sending strength your way. You can do this. If you feel your DS is ok with your Sister right now, give him time with her. If you feel he needs you, take a deep breath and swallow it all down. Pick yourself up and do what you need to do. Sending prayer, strength, and hugs your way.

Last edited by Diana3271; 08-11-2014 at 08:49 PM.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:24 PM   #158  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney_2009 View Post
Just checking in quickly from h*ll. I got better in a day or two, but Auggers just got sicker and sicker, and is now in hospital where prelim tests are suggesting possible leukaemia (very common in kids with Down). Hoping it's not, though!!!!
Poor August and poor mama! I hope Peter comes through and gives you a break. That's nice your sister is there to help. Fingers crossed the test results are not what you fear.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:29 PM   #159  

Diana, our dog is a shih-tzu but he gets a short haircut over the summer. The little guy is 14, completely deaf now and has cataracts. I was reading about cataract surgery for dogs and how it makes them so happy, but $3500+. Yikes! He does seem a little down since losing his hearing and eyes getting bad.

Last edited by CoolMom75; 08-11-2014 at 09:30 PM.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:34 PM   #160  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Stay strong Sydney. It will be OK.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 11:40 PM   #161  

Aciochocolate. I am so sorry that you feel ashamed. Oh how many times it took me to start and start again. Until the right time came. And the right eating plan as well. The point is not how many times it doesnt work. But rather that you keep trying again. I know thats easy to say......
But you did great today.

LiannaKole I just dread those days when there are the relentless cravings. For me those days can be exhausting. I hope today was easier.

Novangel congrats on making it through yet another TOM.

Muguet, great to meet you

Ian I hear ya re maybe not weighing yourself if you keep building muscle. But that muscle does burn fat. So its all misleading. Mucsle weighs more and it also burns fat.

Coolmom, what an awesome photo. I bet you are indeed a very cool mom.

syckgirlsfv, you always do the best biking.

Diana whew and yayyyyyyyyy re Cody. Congratulations to you both !!!!

Sydney I do not think you are a bad parent or bad person. Sometimes when those times come when you are powerless to help, self care can be the only constructive thing. Otherwise, there would be burnout. And that will not help August. Glad his aunt was there to take over. Because sometimes its just too hard for a mum. Just the way it is. I am sorry for the guilt and bad feelings toward yourself though. Understandable, but still not acurate in your assessment of you
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today was okay re food. Very satisfied with the diet today. I did some good gardening work. Weeding. Pulling up the sunflowers that the woodchuck decided to snack on. Raising the ever sinking stones that border the garden. 86 sunny degrees. ahhh. wonderful.

lunch and dinner were same. Salad varied. One was asian the other had low fat feta. Chicken sausage for both meals. How boring lemon protein frozen thing. Chocolate protein frozen thing. Hot chocolate. Total calories: 1180. carbs: low

I will do the trampoline. ( seriously???) I did it last night. And also I did the homolateral crossovers which no longer seem so hard now that I have been doing it for a while.

I hope everyone has a great night and day

Last edited by flower123; 08-11-2014 at 11:44 PM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 12:35 AM   #162  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

I ate within my limits today, but mostly because I was to busy to overeat. I still have not figured out a reliable way of beating the cravings that shut down my logical thinking. Will power runs out (especially if the cravings recur over a few days' time), and I can't be super busy for days on end without a break, and like I mentioned logical thinking doesn't affect them much if at all. It's usually luck, I think. : /

B-granola bar
L-sunbutter, rice crackers, a handful of trail mix, two small cookies, fruit leather.
D-nothing (too busy)
---
flower123: it was a bit easier today, thanks. But mostly because I got so busy with things I didn't have time to pay too much attention to anything else. I'll take what I can get, though.

I'm glad the gardening went well! I've always wanted a small garden, but I've never lived anywhere that I can do that like I'd want to. Also, sometimes the same food routine is great, especially when it's satisfying. I always like when the same pattern of food and activity are enjoyable for a long time.
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 02:50 AM   #163  

Flower, there was another student at my college who was older and a mom. She wore a black leather jacket and i thought of her as "cool mom." I always thought if I have kids I hope I'm a cool mom like that. Ha! I don't have a leather jacket, or a single cool item of clothing in my wardrobe but hopefully I make up for it in fun.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:39 AM   #164  
maintaining since 9/2013

Sydney to you and August

Diana I'm so glad to hear Cody's path report is okay

CoolMom75 Adorable picture!

B Vanilla protein shake, coffee
L salad, veggies, HB eggs, evo, WF vinaigrette
D chicken, summer squash
S choc protein shake, HB eggs/cucumber "sandwich", cauliflower
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 07:51 AM   #165  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Sydney Still thinking about you and your little one.

Last night I added on:
Start Your Engines from Fat Free Yoga
Short Rest from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

Calories for yesterday: 1550 +
Weigh In: 167.4
Up: .2

This bounce up on the scale is not bad for where we went last night. I normally have 1+ pound water weight gain when we go there. I was actually dreading the scale this morning.

Have a great day!