Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-16-2010, 07:58 AM   #391  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

zeli Hi

krampus I try to avoid most sweets, too. For me, they just cause more cravings.

Shells That looks awesome! I'm glad you are feeling better. Take a look at the Lakewood juice drinks.

http://www.lakewoodjuices.com/products

here's the pina colada one, I will drink 1/2 a serving. It's less than 70 calories and a nice little treat. http://www.lakewoodjuices.com/product_detail/id-20/ Add a little rum and you have a lower calorie Pina Colada.

Pineapple http://www.lakewoodjuices.com/product_detail/id-35/

Last edited by Diana3271; 12-16-2010 at 07:58 AM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 08:00 AM   #392  
Trying to live below 200

Shells Some of them sound very dessert like. The posters say they are 0-5 calories. Not bad.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:09 AM   #393  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Diana--I saw those drinks over with the Nakeds, so I know my store carries them. I think I may steal the Rum and Pina Colada idea for this weekend.

And might I just add, my hubby is having way too much fun with the Naked innuendos. He even posted something like "Hey, Shellie, thanks for getting me Naked" on Facebook. Gah...
shellsbrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 08:18 AM   #394  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellsbrood View Post
Diana--I saw those drinks over with the Nakeds, so I know my store carries them. I think I may steal the Rum and Pina Colada idea for this weekend.

And might I just add, my hubby is having way too much fun with the Naked innuendos. He even posted something like "Hey, Shellie, thanks for getting me Naked" on Facebook. Gah...
Ha Ha sounds just like a man.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:45 AM   #395  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Shells - I'll post the recipe shortly, it is really really good! The best vegge bisque I have ever had! Meet you Meat is a hard video to watch, I think I got through the part about the chickens, I cried, and then when it moved on to the section on cows I couldn't watch anymore, I had to turn it off. So sad And that story about the dairy farm you lived next too made me tear up at work. No more sad stories, only good reasons why being a vegan is awesome! Oh and that stew looks super yummy!

Hi Ekicna

SarahinBalance - Hi and Welcome to the thread!

Roxanne - Thanks, it is one of my fave. breakfasts! Your days looks really good, keep it up!

Diana - Hi, i'm glad you are feeling better about the photos, I bet you look great!

Wysteria - Awww, i'm sorry about your bad day :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

cincim - Your day looks good, great job!

LittleL, Vixsin, Krampus - Hi Ladies! I hope you are both having good weeks

zeli - Hello
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:46 AM   #396  
CanadianVeggie

Quote:
Old 12-16-2010, 09:52 AM   #397  
CanadianVeggie

Hi Everyone!

Only 6 more days until I leave for Australia!!!!!!!! I also only have 3 more work days to go!

I can't wait to get away from all this snow and into the lovely heat of an Australian summer, swimming pool - here I come!!!

Here is my plan for the day Thurs 12/16/2010

B - 1 slice whole wheat bread w/ vegemite, soy cheese, tomato slices + 1 choc.soy pudding + 1 apple

S - 1 V8 veggie juice

L - Grilled Veggie Panini + Handful of fries

S - Handful of organic tortilla chips + organic hot salsa

D - Udon Noodle Stir-Fry w/ lot's of cabbage and onions

Drinking: At least 2 cups green tea + At least 2L water

Have a happy, healthy and OP day

Last edited by L R K; 12-16-2010 at 09:53 AM.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:02 AM   #398  
CanadianVeggie

Shells & Everyone else who is interested - Here is the recipe for the Cauliflower bisque!

Cauliflower Bisque

Ingredients

Soup
- 1 large white cauliflower (2 lbs)
- 5 cups vegetable broth, divided
- 2 cups water
- 1-inch piece lemon zest (yellow part only, the white part will turn bitter)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ tsp. sea salt, plus more to taste
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 medium stalks celery
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- 1 cup raw cashews

"Buttered" Breadcrumbs
- 1 cup coarse, soft breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon non-dairy margarine (Earth Balance)

Steps

Soup
1. Trim the cauliflower, cut the florets in small pieces, and put them in a soup pot with 4 cups of the vegetable broth and the 2 cups of water
2. Add the lemon juice and the strip of zest to the pot, along with a teaspoon of sea salt
3. Bring the liquid to a boil, lower the heat, and let it simmer, covered, for 15 minutes
4. Meanwhile, peel, trim, and chop the carrots, celery, and onion
5. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet and add the chopped vegetables, along with half a teaspoon of sea salt
6. Sautée the vegetables on a medium flame, stirring often, until they are soft, about 15 minutes or so
7. Add the garlic and cook an additional five minutes, or until the vegetables are beginning to color
8. Add the herbes de Provence and keep stirring over medium heat for a few minutes longer
9. Add the sautéed vegetables to the cauliflower, and stir. At this point the cauliflower should be very tender. If it’s not, continue to simmer the soup until it is
10. Once the cauliflower is cooked through, turn off the heat and let the soup cool briefly
11. While the soup is cooling, add your raw cashews and remaining cup of vegetable broth to your blender
12. Puree the mixture until it’s very smooth and creamy
13. Pour the cashew cream into a small bowl, and set aside
14. Without rinsing the blender, puree the cauliflower mixture. You may have to do this in batches.
15. Return the soup to the pot, and stir in the cashew cream, to taste, until the soup is has the consistency and flavor that you like
16. Taste, and add salt or lemon juice if needed
17. Sprinkle a heaping spoonful of buttered breadcrumbs (recipe follows) over each serving of soup at the last minute, just as you are serving it

"Buttered" breadcrumbs
1. You can make big, soft breadcrumbs by cutting up day-old bread into cubes and processing them briefly in a food processor. Alternately, you can crumble any soft bread with your fingers.
2. Melt the “butter” in a nonstick skillet, add the breadcrumbs, and stir over medium heat for several minutes
3. As soon as the breadcrumbs begin to take on a toasty golden color, remove them from the heat
4. Use them warm from the pan, or spread them in a thin layer on a plate or cookie sheet to cool

Enjoy

Last edited by L R K; 12-16-2010 at 10:03 AM.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:18 AM   #399  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning My Friends!!!

I am down .2 today. Holding nicely in the 2 teens. Loving it!

Linds: Aww! Thanks! I don't know about any secrets to my weight loss. I had to really take things seriously and really be honest with myself about what I eat. I seem to lean towards low carb and high veggie and protein. I haven't worked out in almost a month due to being so sick so I had to HYPER focus on my food. And seriously?! on the bath salts.....will you send me some? Between the bath salts and the candles....my goodness. So many girly scents! I love it!

Zeli: Hi!!! We're glad you're here!

Diana: I'm with you on the sweets, I have to steer clear for the most part. They are a recipe for disaster for me.

Shells: OMG! Your comment about the hubs just cracked me right up! He sounds great! And that winter stew looks amazing!!!! Would you post that recipe?

Lauren: HI!!!!!! I'm so excited for your trip. And thank you for that recipe! That sounds soooo good!!!!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:34 AM   #400  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

Ok ladies, I need some help. I do NOT like breakfast foods at all. Well, I like hasbrowns and sausage but can not stomach eggs, do not like real sweet stuff for breakfast and definately NOT an oatmeal person. But I want to start eating more than a special K bar for breakfast. Any suggestions?

Roxanne
roxannestags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:49 AM   #401  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxannestags View Post
Ok ladies, I need some help. I do NOT like breakfast foods at all. Well, I like hasbrowns and sausage but can not stomach eggs, do not like real sweet stuff for breakfast and definately NOT an oatmeal person. But I want to start eating more than a special K bar for breakfast. Any suggestions?
I think protein shakes are great for breakfast. My sister mixes hers with her morning coffee and drinks it hot. I like mine iced and/or I use frozen fruit - there are so many different flavor combinations that can be done. One of my favorites for breakfast is iced mocha (sometimes I use instant coffee and sometimes I add brewed coffee).

Last edited by MamaP; 12-16-2010 at 10:50 AM.
MamaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:24 AM   #402  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Roxanne: My breaky everyday is a greek yogurt with a splenda mixed with 3/4c. of Kashi Go Lean, a string cheese, and an apple.

For what it's worth.
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:25 AM   #403  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

ROFL!!!!!! Sounds like something my hubby would do!!
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:28 AM   #404  

Quote:

Lindsey--Thinking about you today! Hubby will be here soon! Your bath salts sound amazing. I have to admit, I'm going to miss you while you're gone. *sniff sniff*
I'm gonna miss you too Shells!!!
Old 12-16-2010, 11:40 AM   #405  

Lauren - Thanks for sharing the recipe, it sounds good! I'll definitely have to try making that!!

Shells - That stew looks sooooo yummy! It's making me And the cauliflower bisque, I'm gonna make that! Yay for -0.6!!

Diana - I hope the docs get everything all straight.

Vixsin - Sounds like you have a good plan though! Maybe I eat too many carbs?? I dunno... Omg, the bath salts are awesome! They are super easy to make! I just did 1 c. epsom salt, 1/2 c. sea salt mixed them together and I had some fragrance oil and I just put a few drops in here and there until it was "smelly" enough and voila! Once I get some containers I could make you some! I ran out yesterday! lol Too much candle making and bath salt creating! This website has a lot of oils, fragrance and essential. http://www.wellingtonfragrance.com/F...-Oils-C34.aspx

Roxanne - What about fruit? I like to have a bagel thin (only 110 cals), I smudge a little cream cheese on it. I love fruit for breakfast too! Also cereal, like high fiber, low cal stuff...cheerios, shredded wheat, I love the fiber one honey clusters, with a banana (or other fruit). Try some things out and see what you like. You could maybe try some turkey sausage, lower cal and lower in fat. I bought some jimmy dean ones a while back, 3 links for 120 cals. Just some ideas! I agree with MamaP a protein shake might be just the ticket!!

Last edited by LindseyLou; 12-16-2010 at 11:41 AM.