Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-23-2010, 06:51 AM   #526  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/182/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning! Try to make the most of your day!

Paradise I just said a Prayer for you, your Dad, and your family.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 07:33 AM   #527  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Morning All! Happy Day Before Christmas Eve!

Paradise--I'm so sorry to hear about your father. He's in my prayers.

Stacy--I wouldn't dream of going to a buffet without you! Great job on resisting the pizza!

Vixsin--I look forward to your woosh reports now that you're off the meds.

Pint--How are you feeling this morning? Hopefully, it's not strep. And I feel badly for your dh, too. That was not nice.

Diana--Good Morning! How are you doing today? How's the new mattress working out?

Lauren--Thanks for your support, too! I'm so thankful for y'all!

Add me to the bomb-went-off-in-my-house club!

Last edited by shellsbrood; 12-23-2010 at 07:48 AM.
shellsbrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 07:47 AM   #528  
Blessed!

Yesterday's Info:

Weight: .2 down
Exercise: 30 min walk, 21 min cardio dance

Breakfast: Shredded wheat, almond milk, bite of child's donut, coffee
Lunch: Sarnie
Dinner: 3 tacos w/ smart choice ground "beef"
Snack: Sugar free International cafe, Quaker rice cakes

Calories: 1,270

Still fighting the sickies here. I'm so tired of this. My youngest is really not feeling well, so he's been very clingy. I had a low grade temperature last night, too. Is it summer yet?

On a positive note, I had my annual eye appointment and the doctor said my eyes got a bit better! I didn't know that was even possible. Anyway, for the last few years, I've been hiding behind my glasses, but with the weight loss, I decided to go back to contacts. I've been wearing them for the last few days and love it! It's weird seeing myself in the mirror, though. I made myself jump once when I didn't recognize myself in the mirror. Dh thought that was hillarious and completely .

Oh, I do have one question...for those of you who lost a lot of weight, was there a certain point that weight loss began to slow for you or did you keep losing steadily? I'm nearing 45lbs lost and it seems to be slowing down for me. I don't know if I should expect that or shake things up a bit?
Old 12-23-2010, 07:48 AM   #529  
Trying to live below 200

Shells Good Morning! How are you feeling today? Still enjoying the mattress. I posted this at my Weigh In Check-In:

I've been struggling with my sleep this last week. I've also had a (TMI) loose stomach, but not diarrhea. Both of these can be signs of my thyroid meds being too high. Today is my appointment with my Endo to go over my labs from last week. TTOM started yesterday, too. I have sleep issues and sometimes stomach issues with that, too.

You are tall, which is a good thing. Do you think you are eating enough calories? Everyone's metabolism is different. In my signature you can see my monthly loss from 11/09 - 08/10. This is from my weigh in check-in:

May 01 Weigh in: 229.0
May 31 Weigh in: 222.8
Total loss for the month of May: 6.2 pounds

June 01 Weigh In: 222.6
June 30 Weigh In: 214.8
Total Loss for June: 7.8 pounds

July 01 Weigh In: 214.8 Started Turbo Fire on July 1
July 31 Weigh In: 208.0
Total Loss For July: 6.8 Pounds

August 01 Weigh In: 208.0
August 31 Weigh In: 199.6
Total Loss For August: 8.4 pounds

September 01 Weigh In: 201.2
September 31 Weigh In: 193.2
Total Loss For September: 8.0 pounds

October 01 Weigh In: 192.4
October 31 Weigh In: 188.2
Total Loss For October: 4.2 pounds

November 01 Weigh In: 188.2
November 30 Weigh In: 177.4
Total Loss For November: 10.8 pounds

October I had several food allergy reactions while trying to figure out what I'm allergic to. I gain a lot of weight when I have those. So far, I have stayed pretty consistent.

I think you've been sick for a while with that cold. It takes time for your body to recover.

Are you getting enough protein? If I eat too many carbs and not enough protein, my weight loss will slow down a lot. A friend of ours went to the Dr. His cholesterol was elevated and he wanted to lose about 20 pounds. The doctor suggested the best type of diet is to reduce his carbs/sugar and up his protein in order to lose weight and get his cholesterol under control. I don't think cholesterol is completely related to your fat intake.

Another issue that you may run into is with soy. I'm not sure how much meat substitute you consume. Some people say that GMO soy products have a negative affect on your thyroid/weight. I don't know. I avoid it because of my thyroid issues and the conversations I have had with my Dr. My thyroid issues is the main reason for my huge weight gains over the years. I think non-GMO soy is OK, by what I have read. Again, I don't know. When you research it, you find Pro's and Con's for all of it.

Last edited by Diana3271; 12-23-2010 at 08:05 AM.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:15 AM   #530  
Blessed!

Diana--Thanks for the quick reply! You know, it may be the protein thing. This last month, I've eliminated most eggs/dairy/meat products and I do eat a lot of soy or veggie substitutes. I wonder if that might be messing with my body. I don't eat any refined carbs. All my pasta/breads are with as many mixed grains/100% whole wheat as possible. I'll definitely research what you suggested. Thanks!

Good luck at your Endo appt! Hopefully, they can give you the right meds and you can get some sleep. Lack of sleep stinks!
Old 12-23-2010, 08:22 AM   #531  
Trying to live below 200

Shells Did you notice the slow down mainly since changing your foods?
Old 12-23-2010, 08:39 AM   #532  
Blessed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Shells Did you notice the slow down mainly since changing your foods?
Yes, I think I did. But, I also got sick around that time, so it could be either. I guess I'll just have to ride out a little bit longer and see if it's the virus or the new diet. Oh, and the 1200 calorie day yesterday is not normal. I usually average 1400-1500.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:27 AM   #533  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

I am DOWN 1.6 today!!!!

Yep, I'm pleased. Stupid medication. The good news is I talked to her yesterday and she was able to fit me into her schedule sooner than my original appointment so now I only have to wait until the 10th. I'm glad about that and I am glad to have that med working it's way out of my system so my body can calm back down.

Going to the gym tonite for a little C25K. Thank you all for your support over the last few days. I was really frustrated and I'm so thankful that you guys wouldn't let my spirits dip too low.

So I'm only working until noon today girls. I will try and check in over the weekend but I probably won't be posting too much. Just know that I will be thinking about all of you over the weekend and sending all of you good and be strong vibes!!!!!! We can do this girls! We're all in it together.

Everyone have a safe, healthy, wonderful, festive, family-filled, scale-friendly, amazing holiday weekend!!!! Love you guys!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 09:29 AM   #534  
Super Single Mom

Shells: I second what Diana is talking about with the possible protein to carb ratio and whether or not you're eating enough calories. You may need to up it just a bit because your body burns your fuel so much more efficiently now. I remember hearing something to that effect in a podcast I heard over the summer. Losing weight is all a numbers game it seems, huh? I know you'll get it figured out.

Diana: Let us know how your appt with the Endo goes. Good luck with that!
Old 12-23-2010, 10:35 AM   #535  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

My throat is feeling better today, but I'm still coughing up stuff. I dunno if I want to go to the doc or not. Prolly should because I have asthma, so respiratory issues generally escalate fairly quickly. Ugh...

Yesterday was a good (OP) day. The inlaws will be here tomorrow and I'm no where near ready. Pray that I can get everything done tonight!

Edit: I went ahead and went to the doc. My blood oxygen level was at 91% and I was having a lot of wheezing. I was diagnosed with a respiratory infection and ear infection. Surprise! They gave me 2 breathing treatments there, then sent me home with a nebulizer and new inhaler. Unfortunately, the doctor (not my regular doc either) forgot to put the script in for the antibiotic before she left for the day, so I don't have that. Let's hope this ear infection doesn't get any worse!

Last edited by Pint Sized Terror; 12-23-2010 at 04:18 PM.
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:16 PM   #536  
Super Single Mom

Pint: So glad you went to the doc!!! Feel better soon!!!
Old 12-23-2010, 08:34 PM   #537  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

ParadiseFalls, thinking good thoughts for you and your dad.

Pint Sized Terror oh no! hope your illness clears up ASAP.

Hit new low weight today, 123.5 this morning on the scale! Have been eating not-amazingly this week, but staying (mostly) within calories.

Yesterday was an example of how not to eat.

Total - 1420ish

Breakfast, 120
-Yogurt, 89
-Coffee, 30

Lunch, 500
-Salsa burger with lettuce and cheese

Dinner, 800
-Apple pie with ice cream and whipped topping, caramel sauce and sugar (day-before-my-birthday treat)...gonna say 700
-about 70g chickpeas
-1 mandarin orange
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:54 PM   #538  
It's about time

S/C/G: 300/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Thanks, krampus.

Breakfast:
Small serving of Cap'n Crunch with 2% milk (150)

Lunch:
Morningstar vegetarian patty with light mayo, 1 slice of American cheese and a whole wheat bun (330)

Dinner:
Slimfast shake (170)
Plain baked potato (300)

Snacks:
Nature Valley granola square (80)
Popcorn (250)
Bite sized chocolate (50)

Total: 1330
ParadiseFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 09:18 PM   #539  
Blessed!

Well, you guys would be really proud of me then, I completely blew my calories out of the water. Hey, I guess it'll shake things up a bit, right?

Breakfast: Cereal, Almond Milk, coffee
Lunch: Chickpea and Cabbage soup, whole wheat bread, homemade Mexican hot chocolate snickerdoodle cookie
Dinner: 99 filet mignon, fries, salad, sangria
Dessert: Small slice of easter cake

Calories: 2,219 (Wow! I've never once gone over my calories since I first started dieting)

Dh said he wanted to take me out as a thank-you for all the hard work I do staying home with the kids. He said think of this as my company dinner. *lol* So, I did! Now, back to being good...
Old 12-23-2010, 09:40 PM   #540  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

Shells- I love that husband! I stay at home to and it is WORK! Let the calories pass this time! It is worth it! call it a refeed for your diet!

Krampus- Apple Pie for dinner? Yum! I am making one tomorrow for Christmas with my in-laws!

Pint- Glad you went to the doc. Hope you can get the antibiotic tomorrow or you might be waiting till Monday!

Vixsin- Glad you are down today! You deserve it after the medication mess.

I had a bad eating day... I have been very busy and nibbled lunch here and there as I was cooking for tomorrow. A strip of bacon and sesamme sticks. Then I took the kids to Chick Fil A and had no intention of eating but I hadn't had a meal and was so hungry I ate three nuggets. FRIED. I had sworn off fried. I need to never go to Chick Fil A again... I love it. Should have gone to McDOnalds which I can hardly tolerate the smell of. Then I came home and grazed some more. I need to check myself BOO! I can't do that tomorrow and the next day and the next through all the holiday stuff (we are traveling till Tuesday).
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote