Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-15-2010, 02:58 PM   #376  

S/C/G: 280/247/160

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone. Lots of posts to catch up on.

Diana - I was laughing about your "rants". I'm sure you look perfectly great in those pics. We're always our worst critics, right?

Linds - Making your own candles? Cool! I tried something like that once, but... let's face it: It was a total disaster

Pineapple - Welcome

roxanne - Sounds like you'll be crazy busy, but great job getting back to the gym!

Shells - OMG, that sounds traumatizing! I used to go to the farm every night to feed the calves. My sister and I were allowed to bottle feed the little babies - so cute!

Anyways, decent day today. I weighed in at 252.4 - which is a new low and putting me fairly close to my December goal of 250 .
Food intake today was as follows:
B - 2 slices of whole-wheat bread with cream cheese and jam; coffee with milk
S - latte (lasted all day)
L - cottage cheese with grape tomatoes, banana and a cappucino from the machine (YUK!)
D - Stir-fry with soy sauce marinated pork with peppers and snap pease; 4 tbsp of rice; piece of candy for dessert

Workout: 40 mins cardio; weights
cincimini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:17 PM   #377  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincimini View Post
Diana - I was laughing about your "rants".
cincimini Now that's funny and the truth. I tend to be calm and not say much unless something happens, like yesterday. I literally freak out and have a rant. I have come to 3FC's and posted a rant and then felt bad about it afterward. There are so many problems worse than mine. When I get on a tangent, look out! Great job on the new low!

Wysteria Here you go. Sorry about the stuff at work. Hold you head high and keep doing what you do. Also, enjoy your food, it's what you like. Who are those others to comment on what you eat, your hair, your makeup, or any of that for that matter. I agree that they are probably just jealous.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 04:23 PM   #378  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

I'll be back for personals later...

Here's my check in for today...

B- bagel thin w/cream cheese 190, banana 110, strawberry oatmeal 200 (500)
S- 1/3 c. cranberries 130
L- SO quesadilla w/ RF sour cream 260
D- grilled chicken Caesar salad w/croutons 500
S- popcorn 100
64 oz water, multivitamin, ~30g fiber
Exercise - Not too much..resting the knee...but I did clean like a crazy person! Maybe that counts for something..?
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:20 PM   #379  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1405 + Morning Joe

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 cal
Handful of spinach
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 cal
high fiber English muffin 100 cal
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Lunch (340 Calories)
2 Slices Nature's Own Wheat 35 calorie bread 70 Calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Sliced Turkey 60 calories
Mustard 0 Calories
Romaine Heart leaves 0 calories
Oikos Yogurt 110 calories
1 apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Pork Chop 500 calories
Collard Greens 100 calories
Green Beans 100 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 45
500 Jump Ropes
Old 12-15-2010, 09:34 PM   #380  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Wysteria: I have worked in a place like that before where all the women were "supportive" of me losing weight until I actually started having some success with it. Do NOT let them dictate how you feel!!!! YOU are in control of you! You are doing amazing! Do NOT let them sabotage that. I am 100% with Diana on this! Enjoy that beautiful healthy food that you eat and fuel your body with. Enjoy that awesome haircut you have!

If your boss won't help, go to your boss' boss! There's a food chain for a reason! OMGoodness I am all fired up about this! I hate hate hate HATE it when women do that to someone else just because they THINK they can get away with it! You are stronger than they are. They may have the numbers, but you have the intelligence to purposely not let their harshness bother you. If you don't engage their "crazy", you will take all the wind out of their sails. They are totally jealous because you have set your mind to eating healthy and losing weight and are accomplishing it.

If it were me, I would not so subtly remind them about being their supervisor and that insubordination is a real thing. I would also caution them that if they dont have anything nice to say, then they should STFU!!!!!

I hope it gets better. Stand your ground! I'll bet 10 bucks, if you stand up to them they will back down in a heartbeat.
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:40 PM   #381  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Shells - The candles turned out good! I love candles too!

Vixsin - Awesome work! What is your secret? It seems like every time I read your posts you're losing! It's slowing down for me and it's annoying.

Roxanne - I have too! It's pretty fun and they smell good. Cleaning up afterward is kind of a pain though...

Cinci - One of mine turned out weird, all the others were good! My kitchen was a disaster afterward!

Well, hubby should be home tomorrow!! I can't wait to see him! I hope his flight goes ok and it's delayed too bad because of the weather and he gets home safe and sound! I made some bath salts today...mmm...Jasmine Vanilla! LOVE 'em!!! Today was my "official" WI for the week. 154.8#. Down 1 pound from last week. (Up 0.2# from yesterday ) Still hoping for 154.0 or less by time we leave Fri/Sat..we'll see... Hope everyone had a great, OP day!!
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:04 PM   #382  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Posting my info quickly!

Weight: .6 down
Exercise: None today

Breakfast: Oatmeal, EB spread, brown sugar, splash almond milk, coffee
Snack: Handful of nuts
Lunch: Rustic Winter Stew
Dinner: Cauliflower bisque (it was so yummy!!), whole wheat croutons
Snack: Popcorn, Naked tropical smoothie

Calories: 1,255
shellsbrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 05:50 AM   #383  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, All!

I have an appointment for labs with the Endocrinologist this morning. That's the Dr. that monitors my thyroid levels. Next week we will go over the results. She's been lowering my Synthroid dosage since I have been losing weight. It seems I don't need as much meds as I weigh less.

I am grateful that I found this doctor in Jan '08. My previous doctor, our family doctor, thought my thyroid levels were correct so he kept my Synthroid dosage the same. I kept gaining weight. I found this doctor and she said no, my thyroid levels were not correct. It took about 3-6 months before I started seeing some weight loss again.

See there, old doctor.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:54 AM   #384  
Trying to live below 200

Shells Look at you! I don't know what's in your 'Rustic Winter Stew' but that just sounds good! The Naked Tropical Smoothie, is that the one with coconut water? Aren't those things good? I love them. I normally drink 4 ounces of juice in the AM. Right now I am drinking that. I also like the Lakewood Pineapple juice. YUMMY!
Old 12-16-2010, 06:08 AM   #385  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Diana, ain't NOTHING vain about liking what you see in the mirror! Quit that "apologizing for existing" BS and strut your stuff! Cameras and makeup tend to clash and it is very touchy depending on the light. I'd be interested to see how your face looks now.

Today was not terrible, but I ate more than I should have. I just can't shake constant, never-ending cravings for everything. I think I could actually eat all day long and never stop. Last week Thursday and the Thursday before that I had binges, but tonight I have nothing at home to binge on - fresh vegetables and canned beans are hardly binge fodder - so I'm hanging in there. I went into 7-11 and stared longingly at everything for a few minutes on my way home from work, but walked out with a 67 calorie bag of sweet-salty dried squid instead of a 400 calorie processed bread product. Small victories.

Total: ~1650
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 06:42 AM   #386  
Trying to live below 200

Krampus Ha Ha! Well, now, I like the way you put that. Great job on the 'small victories'. Do you have flavored teas there? I don't know if you like tea. I have heard that some people are drinking dessert like teas. They say it helps their craving for sweets. Here's some talk about this from another forum where I'm a member. http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=156050
Old 12-16-2010, 07:30 AM   #387  
finding the sexy me...

S/C/G: 158/144/130

Height: 5'2"

Reading all of your post is really helpful to me! it boosts my motivation, THANKS all
zeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 07:35 AM   #388  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Diana, I am well equipped with fruity and herbal teas, but alas the cravings persist. Oh well, no sweets to eat. I think the abstinence-only approach toward sweets is the most effective one for me anyway.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 07:47 AM   #389  
Blessed!

Diana--The very one! I love the Naked drinks, but I hate drinking calories, so I've been staying away from them. But, when I saw that one last night with the coconut water and it was 35% fewer calories, I snatched it right up! Dh loved it too. Also, I got the recipe for the rustic winter stew from Isa Chandra Moskowitz website. I attached a picture of it if you want to see what it looks like.

Krampus--Is there a way you could treat yourself to something sweet that's small? Personally, I think it would be better to splurge a little on something sweet than to crave it for days and then go on an all out binge. I also do the same as Diana suggested, I have a tea or an international cafe (30 calories) hot drink. I've also heard there is a low calorie hot chocolate. Or, plan the splurge item into your daily calories and enjoy!

Lindsey--Thinking about you today! Hubby will be here soon! Your bath salts sound amazing. I have to admit, I'm going to miss you while you're gone. *sniff sniff*

Cin--My mom worked at a mental health assisted living home which was also a farm. They had baby pigs, cats, cows, horses, ect there and treated them very well. I loved going there after school!! They let me feed them, too.

Wysteria--Ugh, that's awful. I also think you should say something to them, but I understand it's easier said than done. You've done a wonderful job getting healthy...don't let them ruin it. You have us on your side.

Roxan--Ouchie!! I'm sorry about your blister. Great job on being two pounds down though!

Ekicna--I have a hard time counting calories with home cooked meals, too. There are websites that will calculate calories based on the recipe.

I slept better last night. Woohoo! I'm still coughing like crazy, but at least I had some sleep. I was only averaging 3 hours of sleep a night and last night I got 6! Not ideal, but better!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg winterstew.jpg (52.1 KB, 4 views)
Old 12-16-2010, 07:52 AM   #390  
Blessed!

Diana--I just read that tea thread and am starting a list. Some of those teas sound so yummy!