Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-17-2010, 03:25 PM   #436  

S/C/G: 194/194/154

Height: 5"8

Hello, today I start AGAIN! I lost 50lbs when I was a teen and it seemed so mush easier back then! I'm a 27 stay at home mom with a 15 month old daughter and I'm a full-time student. I just haven't felt well mentally or physically since I had my daughter, I'm sure a lot of it has to do with hormones and the weight gain. I just want to get back to where I was a few years ago as far as health and well being goes. I came back to 3fatchicks for support. I get a little lonely staying at home so I was hoping I could make some new friends here. My plan is to work out 30-60min a day. As far as eating goes, I'm not sure yet...I think I will count calories and try to cut back on carbs a bit but not eliminate them completely. My husband has lost about 80lbs on low carb but it wasn't really working for me as I don't like as many fruits and veggies as he does. Low carb didn't give me many options and I always felt like I was starving. Anyways that is my plan, I am trying to not over complicate it! Eat less and healthier and exercise daily is what I am shooting for. I am 5 foot 8. Currently I am 194lbs and my goal weight is 154lbs. Good luck to everyone and I look forward to getting to know you!
SweetTea27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 03:34 PM   #437  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Welcome aboard, SweetTea! We're glad you're here!!!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 03:41 PM   #438  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone!

Linds, I'm so sorry about your pup. They really are like family. When my grandma's dog got sick (she was 14) my grandma was inconsolable for days. Heck, when our dog got into the garbage and messed up her intestines, we were terrified. I get all teary eyed just thinking of losing one of them. Sending lots of pets and prayers!

Last night was insanity. We went out for some Christmas shopping and ate at a buffet. I did SO well. I filled up over half of my plate with fresh and steamed veggies, and had a chicken leg without the skin. For desert, I indulged in a 2" by 2" brownie. So the insane part... We got home around 8:45 and at 9 we got a phone call from the base command center telling us shots had been fired in base housing and the base was on lock down because the gunman was on the loose in housing. We were not allowed to even leave the house. It happened just a couple of blocks away from where we live. After turning on all the outside lights, locking the house and cars up tight and putting the kids in our bedroom, we loaded our guns and settled in until we got word that he'd been caught. At 2am the guy finally turned himself in. Apparently, it was a domestic dispute. From what I understand, a man beat his wife up then shot at her friend, the wife of another soldier. He then ran. He didn't shoot anyone, thank God he missed!

I think our dogs heard what went on, because I let the younger dog out as soon as we got home. Our older dog was still inside. Suddenly the dog outside started barking like mad and the dog inside started growling and barking. When I went to let the other dog inside (I hadn't heard the shots) the older dog barreled through the door and ran outside. She was barking her head off and almost jumped the fence. I thought someone might have been outside but I didn't think anything about it since our neighbors are pretty close to our fence line. Fast forward 10 minutes and we get the call.

I had Better Oats oatmeal with some cocoa-dusted almonds crushed in (a 100 calorie pack of them) so I had 260 cal for breakfast. For lunch, I had a bowl of cereal . My son had his Holiday party at school, and I indulged in one small cookie and 1/2 a cupcake. Dinner is going to focus on protein. I'm craving steak!!!
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 04:48 PM   #439  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

roxanne, cincim - I hope you both have good weekends!

SweetTea - Hi and Welcome to the thread!
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 04:52 PM   #440  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Pint - Crazy stuff! That's kinda scary ...

L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 05:09 PM   #441  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

SweetTea27 Hi and Welcome!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:14 PM   #442  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Shells I think that's a good idea for you to post the January thread if I'm not back. I appreciate it. I am going to need all kinds of accountability by the time I get back. I was thinking about not working out while I am gone. I've changed my mind. I have decided to take my workouts. Worse case scenario is that I don't do them. There's always a chance I will. Are you feeling any better?

Vixsin Sorry about the dental pain. Did you get any relief today?

KaylaChristine The heat is also needed for the defrost. I am glad you got it fixed. That can be a safety issue.

Lauren Have a great weekend.

Cincimini Great job on the 1.8 pounds!

Roxanne Do you think you are just worn out from the stress of school? How is your foot?

Wysteria Hi

Pint That's craziness. I'm glad your family was safe.

Last edited by Diana3271; 12-17-2010 at 09:14 PM.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:18 PM   #443  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1405 + Morning Joe

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 cal
Handful of spinach
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 cal
high fiber English muffin 100 cal
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Lunch (340 Calories)
2 Slices Nature's Own Wheat 35 calorie bread 70 Calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Sliced Turkey 60 calories
Mustard 0 Calories
Romaine Heart leaves 0 calories
Oikos Yogurt 110 calories
1 apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Roasted Pork Loin 500 calories
2 orders mixed veggies 200 calories

Exercise
TF Fire 55 EZ
600 Jump Ropes
Old 12-18-2010, 06:51 AM   #444  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, All! I hope you have a great weekend.

It's raining here, this morning. We need the rain, badly. The high is suppose to be around 40. So I think, weather wise, it won't be a good day. I need to go out and do some shopping today.

Remember the whole picture drama from this week? I took some more pictures yesterday. Still not happy, but more on that in a bit. I used my Clinique powder, so the light reflecting super white look has been resolved. I'm still pale, but that's normal for me.

I have been in the process of letting my hair grow out. I am wearing it in a different style than my avatar. I have gotten a lot of compliments on the new style. I am having difficulties fixing it though. I will have one good hair day and then one bad. I was comparing my hair in the new pictures vs. the other style I used to wear. I think I like the old style better. I have a hair appointment this week. I am going to have her cut it back into the old style, but not as short as I was wearing it. It was shorter than how I have it in my avatar.

I will eventually post a new picture of me.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:35 AM   #445  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Diana--I can't wait to see the new picture! I'm growing my hair out too, but I don't know if I like it either. I wish it was just instantly long. And, sure, I'd love to start the thread for y'all! Sadly, no, I'm still coughing up a lung! I'm so tired of being sick.

Pint--That's so scary!! I remember when I was pregnant with #4, a guy shot and killed people at the local Army/Navy store just down the road. He disappeared into the woods behind our house. They closed down the roads around my place and there were heavily armed cops walking up and down the roads, helicopters over head and my hubby was still at work. He quickly tried to come home, but they were turning people away. Luckily, he was the last one they let through. They did finally catch the guy, but it was such a scary experience! I had all my doors locked and all the curtains drawn.

Sweet--Welcome to our little group!!

Wysteria--Glad you're feeling a bit better!

Cin--Congrats on the whoosh!!

Roxan--I'm sorry you're feeling so exhausted. Have you been really pushing your exercise a lot lately? Could it be that you're overtraining? I ready somewhere that if you're really cutting calories and pushing yourself at exercise, you could be overtraining. Some of the symptoms are being exhausted, weight loss stalling and just not wanting to exercise anymore.
shellsbrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:38 AM   #446  
Trying to live below 200

Shells I see a little one in your avatar. I love your smile, so pretty.

Last edited by Diana3271; 12-18-2010 at 08:38 AM.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:29 AM   #447  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Thanks, Diana! That's my Abby. She looks half asleep in that pic. Here, I've attached a picture of my crazy clan.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mykiddos.jpg (36.4 KB, 11 views)
shellsbrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 09:56 AM   #448  
Trying to live below 200

Shells That's a good looking bunch you have there. I know they keep you on your toes.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:51 AM   #449  
Trying to live below 200

I found something new to me at the grocery store last night. Its' called Inko's White Tea, Unsweetened Hint O' Mint. I put a packet of Stevia in the Raw in the bottle and shook it. It is so good. http://www.healthywhitetea.com/flowers_hint_omint
Old 12-18-2010, 01:13 PM   #450  

S/C/G: 280/247/160

Height: 5'3"

Ugh, I still have horrible stomach pains . I was up twice last night thinking I'd either need to get rid of stuff on the front or the back end (sorry, TMI) but...nothing. I woke up this morning feeling much better, so I put it down to something bad I ate and had normal breakfast. Since I was still doing fine afterwards, I had a small pancake with some chicken, green peppers and a few slices of orange...and within half an hour I was curled up in bed feeling awful .
I tried drinking peppermint tea - didn't help. I ended up throwing up some time later and am STILL feeling bad. It seems like the pain is ebbing away, then it comes back and it feels like someone is punching me in the stomach . Now of course I'm starving...so I'm trying some plain pasta...one bite at a time.

Anyone had something like this before? I NEVER have trouble with my stomach. I survived 4 months in India without getting sick, for pete's sake .
cincimini is offline   Reply With Quote