Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-13-2010, 09:41 AM   #316  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Demona--That's awesome!! Great job on reaching Onderland!!
shellsbrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:51 AM   #317  
Veteren Newbie

S/C/G: 230/230/150

Height: 67"

Is THAT what that is?! THAT'S GREAT! Thanks for your encouragement! I feel ONEDERFUL! :BRAVO:

Dec 2010 mini goal 1: 10/15 lbs {193 pounds by 1 Jan 2011}
Dec 2010 mini goal 2: 1183/1200 cardio
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:03 AM   #318  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning All!!!

I missed you guys this weekend!

Demona: Congrats on Onederland! Great job!

Linds: How's that knee? I hope you're resting it.

Shells: I hope you and DH feel better soon. It seems like the sickness has been around since Thanksgiving, huh? I'm just barely getting over mine too.

My weight bounced around all weekend due to severe lack of sleep and not enough water and more carbs than usual for me. I was on plan though, so I know things will calm back down now that I am at work and getting my regular amount of water in and eating right.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day! I'll try to check back later. Dunno though. Half day at work today. More dental torture this afternoon.
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:10 AM   #319  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

Hey guys~
Sorry for the long absence. Was just really busy this weekend. Well busy relaxing! lol There was no schoolwork involved. Just spending some much needed time with the family. It is Monday now and I am ready to get back to working out. I missed my morning aerobics workout but got new hiking boots and am going to take Dumb and Dumber (our affectionate name for the beagles, lol sometimes we swear that they left their brains at home. Actually they are really smart dogs) for walks today.

I am probably going to break them up into two half hour walks. It will be better for my male beagles back and my knee. Although since he started taking the meds he acts like a crazy puppy. He jumped in the bathtub a few days ago to get the mouse away from the cat (he likes to bring them into my bathtub to snack on). It is neat to see him actually moving and playful again. I didn't realize how much his back must have bothered him, poor boy.

Tonight I am going to try and make the moonlight adult swim and do an hour or laps. I don't like working out at night but since I did not get up in time this morning lol.

Lindsey: Hope your knee feels better!

Diana: Thanks for the info. I hate getting a cold, you feel crummy but aren't sick enough to actually rest. It is nice to know about stuff that helps to shorten the duration.

Cin: Hope you break that plateau

Ok that is all the time for personals. School just called and I have to go deal with an issue at the school.

Roxanne
roxannestags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:15 AM   #320  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Shells Yes, you can get it most places now. Here's some links from Iherb and Walgreens. If you get a chance, you can read the reviews on it. Another thing that I read, but don't know if it's true, is that you can take it once a month as a preventative. I have taken it previous years when I started getting sick and I cleared up very quickly and didn't get any sicker. That's what happened this time for me. I will be taking it once a month during Winter as a preventative. They also have a dosage for children.

http://www.iherb.com/Boiron-Oscilloc...ach/24594?at=0

http://www.iherb.com/Boiron-Oscilloc...ach/24572?at=0

http://www.walgreens.com/search/resu...cinum&x=15&y=9
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:46 AM   #321  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi Everyone

I hope you all had good weekends. Mine was super busy as per usual and I guess the next week and bit will be hectic as well, only 9 more days until I leave for my vacation so I have a lot of work to wrap up, packing etc etc.

Here is my plan for the day Mon 12/13/2010

B - 1 slice whole wheat bread w/ natural peanut butter + 1 choc.soy pudding + 1 banana

S - 1 V8 veggie juice

L - Barley casserole + 1 cup mixed veggies

S - 1 small apple

D - Veggie Stir-fry, marinated tempeh, kale, snow peas, tahini sauce on brown rice

Drinking: At least 2 cups green tea + At least 2L water

Have a happy, healthy and OP day

Last edited by L R K; 12-13-2010 at 11:46 AM.
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:51 AM   #322  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellsbrood View Post
Lauren--Vegemite? Gah! My dh loves Marmite. *shudder*

HaHa!

I'm Australian, vegemite is a part of me

And I agree with your husband - marmite is icky, vegemite is the way to go!

Last edited by L R K; 12-13-2010 at 04:57 PM.
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:05 PM   #323  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Hey ladies! I'll get to personals later on...gotta get ready for my LAST final!

155.0# this morning, so officially back to "normal" after my indulgence a few nights back.

Calorie cycling this week...here's the plan for today...

B- FO cereal w/milk and banana 320
S- 1/3 c. cranberries 130
L- chicken gyro (flatbread, feta, tomato, onion, lettuce, tzatziki, chicken) 380
S- popcorn 100
D- chicken, black bean, cheese quesadilla w/ RF sour cream and lettuce 520
64 oz water, multivitamin, ~32g fiber
Exercise - Still resting that knee...short walk with the pup!
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:42 PM   #324  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'2"

LittleLindseyLouHoo: your chicken, black bean, cheese quesadilla sounds tasty. I'm also so jealous of your breakfast, I love bananas--a few years ago I developed an allergy to them though

shellsbrood: Tilapia is my favorite fish, so yummy!

Side note: I didn't finish my lunch. Didn't care much for the steamed packaged mixed vegetables...the corn and peas were good but the green beans and carrots were kinda hard for my liking..My rat terrier sure loved the veggies though, that little sneak!

Last edited by KaylaChristine; 12-13-2010 at 01:42 PM.
KaylaChristine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:43 PM   #325  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

My meals so far:

Brunch: (had to get to the school before I had time to eat)
1 sausage, 1/2 c potato salad, 2 1/2 c blackberries

Dinner: 4 oz ham, 1 c scalloped potatoes, 1 c green beans, 1 roll

Dessert: 3 squares Ghiradelli squares

Snack: 2 cups grapes

Total: 1566

Exercise for the day so far: 45 minutes walking
Planned: 15 more minutes walking and 60 minutes lap swim

Roxanne
Started my journey on 9/8/2010
mini goal: 10% loss (261)
mini goal 2: 15% loss (246)
mini goal 3: 20% loss (232)
mini goal 4: move into onderland
mini goal 5: weigh 150 (5 lbs less than I did in high school)
Major Goal: Be able to climb to the summit of Mt. St Helens in the 2011 hiking season (May thru November)

For every 5lbs lost:

Goal One Ticker:

End Goal Ticker

Keeping Track of my loss
September 2010: 4 lbs lost
October 2010: 11 lbs lost
November 20100: 5 pounds lost
roxannestags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:25 PM   #326  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies!

I finally weighed myself and I'm back to 154. I'm surprised, but not that surprised. It's right around where I thought it would be, according to my calorie intake.

I'm still stuffed up and have a headache, but it's getting better. The kids are slowly going on the upswing too, so hopefully, fingers crossed, we'll be better by Christmas.

I'm hoping to be 150 or less by Christmas. I've had enough "comfort" food. Time to buckle down!
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:38 PM   #327  

S/C/G: 280/247/160

Height: 5'3"

Evening ladies! Hope you're all doing well. I don't have time for personal b/c I MUST try and get to bed before 11pm for once in my life .
Fairly permanently below 255 now, so .

Food intake for today:
B - 2 crisp bread with cream cheese, jam; coffee with milk
S - Sipping a latte throughout the day
L - Bulgur salad with roasted red peppers, grilled chicken and low-fat feta
D - Stir-fry w/ rice, snap peas, bit of tofu and green curry paste - I threw in a handful of lettuce, which was DISGUSTING ; orange and a small piece of chocolate for dessert

My eyes are literally burning, so ... I'm offski.
cincimini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:01 PM   #328  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Helllllooooo ladies!

Kayla - Hi!

Demona - AWESOME work!!!

Vixsin - The knee is ok..still hurts. I thinks it's a good idea I'm resting it! How are you doing my dear?

Roxanne - Moonlight swim? Sounds awesome!

Lauren - Hi!

Pint - You CAN do it!!!

Cinci - YAY!

Diana - Hello!

Sounds like everyone is having a pretty awesome Monday!! I'm OFFICIALLY done with classes until January!!!!! I'm SO relieved! Looks like all 4.0s to me as far as grades!

Staying on plan, it's going really well! The hubby is gone for a few days, so he's not tempting me with his sugar cookies and chips! I miss him though! Poor thing had a delayed flight in Nashville, then finally got to Atlanta then they canceled his flight. Luckily he has family in the area so he got his company to get him a rental car, slept for a measly 3 hours and drove 6+ hours to North Carolina for some training. He had to be in at 8am when it began. He's GOT to be exhausted! I was so worried about him last night, driving all alone in crappy weather with little sleep. Good news is he got there ok! I slept like crap last night, up all night worrying about him. I even have a fever blister this morning from stressing too much!

Anyways, back to my normal 155, hoping for 154 or less by time I leave for Michigan on Friday/Saturday (don't know exactly when we'll leave, depends on the snow!)

I was wondering what is everyone's plan during Christmas? Are you hoping to maintain? Lose?

I'm going to be on "vacation" from Dec 17/18-26. I think the plan is to just maintain. I want to enjoy myself and not be going crazy counting calories. I'll still count, just won't be so crazy about it, like only eating 1300 or 1400 calories on vacation!! Anyways, now that I've wrote you ladies a book...I'll sign off! I'll be back later...probably.

to everyone!
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 07:54 PM   #329  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Lindsey--Awesome on your 4.0!! So your final went well? As for your question, I think I'm going to keep losing over the holidays (well, that's the plan, anyway). It's just me, the kids and the hubs, so it's not that hard to do. We don't have any relatives that live around us and Dh's family are all in England. We went to England last year and are still paying that trip off. So, it should be a nice and quiet Christmas this year.

Cin--Lettuce in stir fry? I can just imagine what it looked like. Gack! *lol* But, hey, we don't know until we try, right?

Pint--You can do it! Glad to hear people are feeling better.

Kayla--Glad your terrier liked your veggies! Too cute!

Lauren--It's me who hates Marmite (Dh loves it). *shudder* We have some friends from Australia. They visited us a while back and they had a lively debate on Marmite vs Vegemite with my dh. I just sat back making a face at all the Mites.

Kayla--An allergy to bananas? Oh, I'm sorry. That stinks!

Diana--I picked up some of that stuff from Walmart today! I'm going to give it a try...or maybe wait until the next cold/flu starts up again? I think I'm on the tail end of this one.

Today's Info:

Exercise: LS 4 fast miles

Breakfast: Oatmeal, Earth Balance spread, 2 tsp brown sugar, almond milk, coffee
Snack: Orange
Lunch: Sarnie, green tea
Snack: Handful of nuts
Dinner: Whole wheat pasta, shrimp, sugar snap peas, parm cheese, glass of red wine (yum!!)

Calories: 1,292
shellsbrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:21 PM   #330  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Lindsey My goal is to maintain during the holidays. We will be going out of town. I won't be taking my laptop this year. I have the calories of the foods that I eat most memorized. I will try to stick to the same foods that I normally eat. Also, I don't know if I will be working out. We'll see how it goes.

Shells Maybe wait until everyone is well and then give each person a single a dose. Do that once a month. Maybe it will prevent you from getting sick again. DH and I are going to take it on the first of every month until Winter is over.

Total Approx 1455 + Morning Joe

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 cal
Handful of spinach
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 cal
high fiber English muffin 100 cal
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Lunch (340 Calories)