Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-07-2010, 09:20 AM   #181  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning All!

Well my scale greeted me nicely this morning with a TOM whoosh!! Down 2 from yesterday! I am pumped about that. I am SO close to the teens! I cannot believe it!

So I have these 2 pictures of myself on my fridge. They are from about 10 years ago. I don't know exactly how much I weighed but I feel it's around 210ish. Everyday when I go into my fridge I look at those pictures first and remember how shocked I was the day that I saw them. I remember looking at my friend and saying " That's me? That's really what I look like?" I remember being so surprised that I wasn't the jellatenous (sp?), blubbery monster that I saw in the mirror everyday. Why wasn't she the one in those pictures? I'm realizing that I am getting really close to that size again.

No real point to that story other than helping me to appreciate the true lengths of this journey and the many things you learn about yourself along the way.
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:24 AM   #182  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Default Personals :)

Pint: We all have been there....more than once! Thankfully, it's a new day today. Hang in there.

Shells: I feel you on the 2-teens!!! SOOOO close!! But yes, patience is the name of this game. You'll be there before you know it and looking back on all of this. Your oatmeal made me feel all warm and snuggly.

Diana: Hi!

Kris: Your lunch and dinner sound SUPER yum!!!! How do you make your stir fry cabbage? Do you have any sauce that you use? I'm on the hunt for a good stir fry sauce that is easy to make.
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:36 AM   #183  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Hi Cinci thanks

Hi Vixsin, Pint, Shells, GettinFit, Lindsey and Everyone I missed

Hi Diana thanks Diana 170's you're doing great. Congratulations

Kris you look great, love the dress. I missed the details of the ball. Hope you had a wonderful time.

... today's eats so far

2:30am
~low sodium V8
~Choc Slim Fast
~Apple snack pack
270 calories

8:45am
~Keebler fudge grahams (wanted a Christmas tree donut but I resisted)
100 calories

no water yet

Don't have to pick my daughter up today so I'm gonna go to bed now and catch up on my sleep, good day Ladies
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:42 AM   #184  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Another on-plan day for me. Total about 1450 calories.

Breakfast - 250
-All Bran cereal with some milk

Lunch - 500
-Pasta, veggie stir fry with peanut sauce
-1 big mandarin orange

Dinner - 700
-1 pc. salmon with lemon and dill
-100 calorie curry over about 140g chickpeas, boiled carrots, cooked onions
-1 banana
-2 packs of Pocky "Chocolate on Chocolate" cookie sticks at 82kcal each

Exercise
-35 min Tae Bo
-100 pushups
-50 min walking
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:32 AM   #185  
Veteren Newbie

S/C/G: 230/230/150

Height: 67"

My day on-plan: breakfast peanut butter crackers

lunch cup of noodles

afternoon snack 1 med. apple

dinner 2 plain hotdogs & 1 serving plain fries

Fitness 45 minutes of cardio on the treadmill
20 minutes of strength training with free weights
60 minutes of aerobics

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/exercise/wK0O7wA/]

Dec 2010 mini goal 1: 8/15 lbs {193 pounds by 1 Jan 2011}
Dec 2010 mini goal 2: 555/1200 cardio

Last edited by Demona; 12-07-2010 at 10:55 AM.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:45 AM   #186  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincimini View Post
Bleh! I'm such a moron . Sorry, totally should have taken a couple more seconds reading stuff. Still - Congrats!!!
That's ok! Thank you!
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:49 AM   #187  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellsbrood View Post
Lindsey--I tried a little of the BFBM one (until the littles decided they didn't want to take a nap) and I was shaking in my sneakers! *lol*

Ugh, I've had a pretty yucky morning so far. And, to top it all off, I exercised late last night, so of course I was up a pound this morning. I soooo badly want to see a teen number in my weight! But, patience is key. And, to help start my day off on a better foot, I'm having a nice warm bowl of oatmeal and a cup of hot coffee. Then, I'll be doing LS 5 mile challenge this morning, so I can work out the rest of the morning's frustrations. I should be right as rain after that.

LOL - shaking in your sneakers! Yeah, that one is hard core, I like NMTZ much better.

Aww hun, I'm sorry! I was up this morning too! How irritating! I think I might work out this morning too..work off some frustration as well!
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:06 AM   #188  
Becoming a BEAST!

S/C/G: 161.6/161.6/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellsbrood View Post
Ekicna--I'm sorry you've been sick, but great job on the 3lbs.

Ugh, I've had a pretty yucky morning so far. And, to top it all off, I exercised late last night, so of course I was up a pound this morning. I soooo badly want to see a teen number in my weight! But, patience is key. And, to help start my day off on a better foot, I'm having a nice warm bowl of oatmeal and a cup of hot coffee. Then, I'll be doing LS 5 mile challenge this morning, so I can work out the rest of the morning's frustrations. I should be right as rain after that.
Thanks! Why do you think you gained a pound because you worked out at night? I do my strength training at night (cardio in the morning) and I consider my strength training similar to a last chance work out before I weigh in in the morning. I would love to know more about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixsin View Post
Good Morning All!

Well my scale greeted me nicely this morning with a TOM whoosh!! Down 2 from yesterday! I am pumped about that. I am SO close to the teens! I cannot believe it!
for being down 2lbs!!
Ekicna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:29 AM   #189  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Ekicna Lifting weights damages/tears the muscles. The muscles then hold on to water to repair itself. This process normally makes you retain water weight for a period of time.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:40 AM   #190  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixsin View Post
Kris: Your lunch and dinner sound SUPER yum!!!! How do you make your stir fry cabbage? Do you have any sauce that you use? I'm on the hunt for a good stir fry sauce that is easy to make.
What I make is a modified version of this - http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/entr...rack-slaw.html

Coll's Modified Crack Slaw

*1 bag of Dole Cole Slaw Mix (Phase II because of the carrots) or Shredded Cabbage (Phase 1).
*2-4 tablespoons of sesame oil. The sesame oil makes the dish so it's important to have it.
*1 pound lean ground beef or cubed chicken breast
*Red Pepper Flakes.

Brown meat till it's cooked, place in strainer and tap off fat. Place meat on side. Heat up sesame oil in another pan, then add in shredded cabbage. Cook to desired tenderness then you sprinkle some red pepper flakes on top and even can add soy sauce.
============================================

I made it with ground turkey once but last night I used boneless chicken breast that had already been cooked - cut into small pieces. I added diced green onion, minced garlic and a little bit of fish sauce. I also used a little bit of low sodium soy sauce and some tabasco (I like spicy). There are a lot of variations to this recipe - some people add mushrooms, rice, onions and I've seen some recipes that added splenda.
MamaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:34 PM   #191  

S/C/G: 280/247/160

Height: 5'3"

^^ Sounds delish. I wish we could get cole slaw mix here. I miss Broccoli slaw - but I'm MUCH too lazy to make it myself .

Had a decent day today:
B - 2 crisp bread with cream cheese and jam (I need to get up 5 mins early and make myself a better b-fast), coffee with milk
L - 5 tbsp muesli, 2 tbsp grape nuts, 150ml skim milk
D - ground turkey patty, leftover tomato-veggie sauce, a latte and small piece of candy for dessert

Weigh in was 255.2...sooooo close to finally get to the lower half of the decade. Hope everyone is having a great day!
cincimini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:36 PM   #192  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

Sorry for the downer post. Things are just really really crappy right now. I'm arguing with my husband every day. He's still drinking because he says I haven't given him any hope that things will work out anyway. BULL****. Then it changes to "Well the crime has already been committed, so I might as well keep drinking." MORE BULL****. I can't wait until December is over.

Today has been a struggle to stay on plan. There's been fried corn mush, Totinos pizzas (a huuuuuuuuge trigger for me), carne asada and candy bars brought into the house thanks to my ever-loving husband. He's been practically waving it all under my nose all day. I feel like crying.

Right now, my weight loss is the only thing I half-way have control over, and I'm struggling with THAT. I've got another cold, and I'm trying to get my house ready for inlaws to come. I'm the only one cleaning, although my husband actually ran a load of dishes today. Have I mentioned that I can't freaking WAIT until December is over?
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:41 PM   #193  
Veteren Newbie

Diana, That explains ALOT! Thank you for that information.

Knowledge is Power.

Dec 2010 mini goal 1: 8/15 lbs {193 pounds by 1 Jan 2011}
Dec 2010 mini goal 2: 593/1200 cardio
Old 12-07-2010, 01:45 PM   #194  
Veteren Newbie

Pint....Hang in there! I can't say that I know what you are going through...I don't...I can only imagine. But know that you are not alone. Please be strong. Stay in positive control over the things that you can seem to control...like your own weight loss. Don't let someone else sabotage you...even emotionally. Stress will make you hold onto weight too. Good luck!
Old 12-07-2010, 02:07 PM   #195  

S/C/G: 169/144/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Ekicna Lifting weights damages/tears the muscles. The muscles then hold on to water to repair itself. This process normally makes you retain water weight for a period of time.
That is interesting and good to know. Thanks for the tib-bit.
ja2ma6lee is offline   Reply With Quote