Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2002, 12:52 PM   #91  

Default Joining the GYM!

Well the last time I joined a Gym Iwas 16 yrs old!!! That was 16 yrs ago! I told myself that once I lost over half of my goal weight that I would join. Well I've lost 41 pounds so far and I have another 23 lbs to lose to reach goal. Today I went for my walk and after my walk I just drove down to L.A. Fitness and....... felt sooo intimidated when I was in there! This is a Coed GYM so there were plenty of guys there lifting weights and a few woman. I didnt see anyone overwheight there lol. Maybe Iwas so nervous that I didnt look well around the place lol. Well I felt butterflies in my stomach when I walked up to the counter to ask if they had any Free week passes for me to try out the Gym. Well I have to print out aFree Pass coupon from the internet . Anyway I got home and just had the nerve to go to my neighbor's house and ask her if she was still going to the Gym. She said she has a paid 3 yr contract at Bally's but has no car to go in! She has passes too that I can use for 3 weeks , and they keep giving her more passes . Well Monday I am taking her and I will be working my butt off for a few weeks ! Wish me luck I start in 3 days!

ttyl!
Gen
Old 06-07-2002, 11:59 PM   #92  

Help!
My daughter and her friend just got back from the school carnival. Her friend is spending the night. Guess what she won? A rocky-road layer cake! We can each have a piece tonight, she said. At least it doesn't belong to me, so I should be able to keep my hands (and mouth!) off.

Good for you Gennell. The last time I joined a Gym I was about 28. I thought I was HUGE at the time compared to all the other folks. I weighed in at a whopping 169! I would give anything to be able to weigh that now. Anyway, I remember being self-conscious at the time, but knowing that I had every right to be there and that it was for my own health and worth it. I'm so glad you have a work-out partner. That should really help.

Gotta Go Walk! Before it's completely dark and I have an excuse not to. Til tomorrow.
Jen
238/237/140
Old 06-08-2002, 07:14 AM   #93  

Angry SATURDAY!

Hello all,
Just popping in quick to wish you all a great OP weekend.

~~JEN~~Best of luck to avoid eating that cake. Like you said since it's not yours, perhaps you can make it on that alone. Some of us should not eat even 1 piece for we crave more, some can handle just a piece...I think i fall in the first category. YIKES! Be careful girl. If you do have one, figure out the pts/calories and make a real plan to work it off. You want THIS more than that cake right? The feeling of being able to move easily and do things as never before STAYS w/a person...remember that! I'll be thinking of you. Be Post back,it will help

~~GENNEL~~ I am down 1.2 # this week...Finally! I feel real happy about all the efforts i've made (really watching & writing down each bite of food) and it's paid off! I am a little lacking on my walking but i cut way back on the food , I think you've mentioned how closely you monitor that, and it seems to work for you! Thanks for all your confidence and tips to us! Appreciate it more than words can say. Good luck w/your trips to the gym...you are ready for this. I can just tell.

~~Yeah JACKSONMOM~~~Down 3.5#....Way to GO! You are really putting in the effort and are showing us how it's done. Proud of you. Keep true to your plan on the mexican food, and you will be happy you did. That lawn mowing sure must be a good workout. Nice of you to do the neighbors too!

HI to ~~AppleBlossom, Wisconsin Woman, BoatingMommy~~~ Strive to do your best each day! Try to make things a habit...any little exercise will help greatly. Post often. We like to help anyway we can. AND ~~GRIZZ~~Where are you? Anyone else i've not mentioned by name on our challenge thread....drop by...missing you too!

Have a great and powerful weekend all,

thinlizzie
Old 06-08-2002, 08:00 AM   #94  

Angry good morning!

Hello everyone,
just checking in .... I managed to stay OP and I lost 2 lbs this week! I feel great and I can wear a pair of my old jeans that I've been saving for this day! My co-workers are noticing, too. I still need to excercise, though. I'm terrible for sticking to a routine. I was walking, but got bored. I did belong to a gym, but I never went, maybe once or twice or week. That was a waste. So I bought Denise Austin's Pilates video and I've been doing that. Seems like something that I can stick to.

Good luck to all ... we can do it!
Old 06-08-2002, 08:37 AM   #95  
determined chick!

Talking WOO HOO!

Hi everyone- I'm so excited I could burst. Not only did I lose 3 pounds this week, I hit my 50 mark! 50 pounds of fat gone! WOO HOO! Still got lots to go but thank God I'm on my way. Hate to be so short, but husband's hollering for me to hurry before he leaves. Take care everyone
Old 06-08-2002, 02:39 PM   #96  

Hi everyone.
Success this week. I stepped on the scale this A.M. and have lost 3 lbs. this week, in spite of the bad day. It was due to the weigh-in that I didn't eat ANY cake last night. So far I'm OP today too. If the weather clears, I think I'm going sailing with a friend. I don't know when I'll get back, so I'd better get my walk in. I'm going to have to find a new route, though. The one that used to take me around 50 minutes, only took 35 last night. Walking faster is good too, huh?
Grizzlyschick, it's great that you've lost 50 pounds! You and the others are such an inspiration. And since I get to hear about your weekly weigh-ins, it helps me to remember that you didn't do it all in a few weeks. That's one of my problems. I always want it to come off FAST. After my initial excitement at losing 3 pounds, I thought, now only 94 to go. It didn't help my motivation much. So then I thought, only 4 to go in this 4-week challenge. That's a do-able chunk.
Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Jen
238/234/140
Old 06-08-2002, 03:33 PM   #97  

Default OMG! Everyone is doing great! Thumbs up for me after all!

Well I thought I had no loss for this week! I weighed in yesterday as soon as I rolled out of bed and showed no loss. Well I must have been half asleep! Duh! I had not gone to the bathroom ...well I wont go into further details! lol
Anyway I did something I thought I would never do ! I asked my hubby to weigh me today! He said I lost 2 lbs but I wont accept that! The scale said 151 then 152 . I will be glad to stickwith a 1 lb loss. So 1 lb for me after all! lol Ohhhhhh I can feel the 140's just around the corner!!!!!!!!! Yippeeee

Now ! I just read the posts and Im am so extremely happy with EVERYONE here! I will be posting the weigh in chart tomorrow ,so hopefully by then I will get more weigh in results.
Well I just got on for a few minutes...had to sneak online! I have guests coming to watch the fight tonight so Ihave tons to do!

Everyone have an awesome day!

Gen
194/152/130
Old 06-09-2002, 02:09 PM   #98  

Thumbs up

Hi
I am weighing in....0 lost, but 0 gained.
That Ben&Jerry's really got me off track. Not enough exercise either.
While I am really enjoying being a part of this support group, I feel like I'm missing the point of the challenge. I challenged myself to lose 7 pounds and right now it looks like I won't even make 50% of that goal. I need to reaccess my priorities I guess. It's great to hear that everyone else is succeeding. Way to go!
I'm going to visit my inlaws next week and I ALWAYS over eat when I'm there. I'll try really hard...wish me luck!!
Old 06-09-2002, 04:22 PM   #99  

Default #3 Weigh In Chart !

Ok here goes! I got on the scale again today just to be 100% positive that I lost the 1 lb. Sure enough its 1 lb so I feel a little relieved ! lol Please if you see any mistakes on the weigh in chart let me know!! The last official Weigh IN is Thursday June 20th. So we have 11 more days to work with! I am starting the Gym tomorrow morning so I really want to push myself and lose at least 2.5 lbs . I wont reach goal but that will put me in the 140's!

Thinlizzie..Goal 8 lbs..Loss ( -1.2 lbs)

Gennel...Goal 9lbs...Loss( -5.5 lbs)

Emaleyth..Goal.6 lbs.. Loss ( +1 lbs)

Boating..Goal..7 lbs.. N/A

Cj55....Goal 9 lbs... N/A

Grizzlyshick..Goal..10 lbs.. Loss( -8 lbs)

Lanaii..Goal..8 lbs..Loss ( -6 lbs )

Kermie..Goal..8 lbs.. N/A

Apple Blossom..Goal..7 lbs.. Loss (-2 lbs )

Wisconsin Woman..Goal 8 lbs... N/A

Manatees..Goal..8 lbs... Loss ( -9 lbs )

onedayatatime..Goal 7 lbs... N/A

Runnergirl..Goal 6 lbs.. (+3.5 lbs )

Sweetpea0407..Goal7 lbs.. Loss (-2 lbs)

Jacksonmom..Goal.10 lbs... Loss( - 4.5 lbs )

Jen519..Goal 8 lbs... Loss (1 lbs )

Msbillie..Goal 8 lbs... ..Loss (3 lbs)

cfblues Goal lbs... Loss (2 lbs)

munchieface..Goal 5 lbs... ( Just Joined )

Gen
194/152/130

Last edited by Gennel; 06-10-2002 at 02:20 PM.
Old 06-09-2002, 07:18 PM   #100  

Default We Might Need another Thread for POSTING!

Does anyone know what's the max pages for a thread? Ithink it's 8 pages only. Well just in case if the 8th page is the last one I will restart this same thread with same name and post the link here so we can finish our 4 week challenge.

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday evening

Gen
194/152/130
Old 06-10-2002, 11:56 AM   #101  

Angry hi friends!!!!!!

Just read what all of you had lost and it is really encouraging to me!!! Weigh to go!!!
I weigh in tonight and I will be surprised to see what only 2 days will have done. I hope the needle goes down!!!
I just finished my monthlies and I do retain alot of water beforehand so I am sure I must have gone down just for that reason.
Well I will pm tonight with the results. I am really proud of all you ladies!! Munchieface
Old 06-10-2002, 12:21 PM   #102  
Ilene the Bean

Default Finally !!

Hi girls, sorry I haven't posted in so long, but I have been reading all the great losses here and I do think they have motivated me because I had a pleasant surprise this morning....

I weighed in at 156... I couldn't remember what I had weighed in at the start of this challenge, so I went back to check on it, it's a good thing I wrote it down, it was 162, soooo I am please to say that I can report a 4 lb weight loss in 2 weeks for a total of 6....woohoo!!!!!1

I am totally thrilled......as you can probably tell...

Anyways I have to run yet again...take care all...

Later

Lana.....
Old 06-10-2002, 01:05 PM   #103  

Angry Good going Lana!!

wow Lana that is sure encouraging to hear!!
I am really proud of you and your succsess encourages me to keep going!!
Keep it up munchieface
Old 06-10-2002, 02:09 PM   #104  

Lightbulb Gennel & Lanaii...

Gennel & Lanaii...
Looks like we are at about the same weight...Lannai, I don't know your goal weight, and Gennel, I think my most healthy weight is 135 so 130 is out but anyway, it's going to be very helpful knowing that we are moving down the scale together. I am further challenged knowing this and hopefully we can get through these 15 pounds or so together! And as always, everyone else in the challenge!!
Old 06-10-2002, 02:49 PM   #105  

Default Went to the Gym today!

Well today was the day that I actually went to the Gym with my neighbor! Well the Bally's here is not like the commercials...thank God! lol I dont know if I was excited or I am more in shape than I thought! I started with the treadmill for 30 minutes at 3.8 MPH. Then moved towards the bikes and did 30 min on that. Then I just had to try out those Eliptical machines that make you burn at least 680-700 calories per hour! I started and put 20 min. Well its one **** of a workout let me tell you!!! My heart rate was up to 181 beats per minute, the machine actually told me a few times to slow down because my target heart rate should be at 170. You get an entire cardio body workout. So I was feeling good still and did another 15 minutes! Honestly I know I was able to last that long because I've been brisk walking for 4 months now almost every single day. There were all types of bodies there! So I didnt feel uncomfortable at all. I have free week pass, there and another 2 free week pass at another location. I really would love to see what the scale has to say this saturday coming up!
Bally's is a bit expensive for me at $49.99 a month. But daycare there is included and very nice. LA fitness has daycare but at $3 per day . And that is only $29 a month (pay as yougo)
Anyway ,I'm a bit relieved that Iwont be walking in this HOT sun in the mornings and be able to burn much more calories but in a cooler place!
Lanaii! I think that's awesome that you've lost 4 lbs in two weeks! I just put that on your current weigh in. I hope to be 149 hopefully by saturday..well keeping my fingers crossed lol .
Munchie if you are like most woman that get that water retention when TOM is around then you know not to worry. You will be seeing a loss very soon!
Appleblossom, I noticed also that there are a few of us weighing around the same weight! That does help that we are all in this together. I know you guys might not think about this often but... I get so much motivation to keep going because I feel accountable also about doing this! I know if I feel bad you guys will be there for me. And when someone else feels down I can find strength and refuse to let them give up!
Well this is more than enough for now!

Gen
194/152/130 ( 22 lbs to go to Goal! )
Closed Thread