Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2002, 09:22 AM   #1  
burned out bus driver

Default Stay at home Mom's #50

Welcome!
Welcome to a thread full of encouragement, support, and humor as we share our lives, restore our health, lose weight and raise a family! Welcome to all newcomers and also to our regulars!!

Be sure to go back to the Stay at home mom's thread # 49 to catch up what has been going on in everyone's lives and meet the newcomers. We are glad that you are here!!!
Ginny

Old 06-18-2002, 09:57 AM   #2  
One day at a time.

Default Good morning!

WOW! 50's not so bad, I feel great ! Well, ladies today is the big day, it's been a week since I started WW and I go weigh-in tonight. I'm so excited, because I know I've had a good week, stayed OP and exercised a little. Wish me luck!
How are you all doing? It's been pretty quiet here for the last few days, did everyone enjoy fathers day with the fly. We didn't do much, went to the lake for a little while, that's about it. Now I'm packing up to go visit my mom in Louisiana this weekend, and Ds is going to stay for a few weeks. Nephew went home last weekend, so next week Dh and I will be al alone! Ahhhh... A little me time finally sounds good doesn't it!

Y'all have a healthy day OP! BBL after my weigh-in!
Old 06-18-2002, 01:15 PM   #3  

Sounds wonderful Melissa. You enjoy every minute of your "me time".

I'm sorry I haven't checked in. To be honest, I'm so overwhelmed by all the new gals I can't keep up. Don't get me wrong tho. The more the merrier. We can all use the extra support. So If I don't address all of you, forgive me. I suffer from mommy-brain too.

I'm doing alright. I'm still gaining weight tho. And I'm still having trouble finding a program to follow. If anyone has any recomendations, pm me. Please.

Have a great day!

Misty
Old 06-18-2002, 05:36 PM   #4  
hangin' in there...

Did you guys see Oprah today? I missed it last week, but was sure to catch it today after our discussions last week. Anyway, I did not find it uplifting. Just the opposite... I'm really depressed! Bottom line... I feel lazy, and losing weight is WORK! I'm tired of working! I'm tired of worrying about what I'm going to put in my mouth every second of the day! I'm tired of planning meals and grocery shopping! I'm tired of feeling deprived, like I can't have whatever I want, and if I do, I'm a failure! Dr. Phil would not be very happy with me right now...
Old 06-18-2002, 06:48 PM   #5  

I watched it too Jen. I'm in your boat. I'm just tired of it all too.
Old 06-19-2002, 12:26 AM   #6  
One day at a time.

Default Hi there!

Yes I'm excited! I went to my WW weigh-in, and I wasn't sure what to expect after only 1 week but I'm so.. happy! I lost 8.8 lbs.
and I don't know how else to say this, but it was easy on the WW plan. I actually ate more, this week, than I was eating before, and I didn't have to starve!
Cheer up ladies, I have been in that very same mood for a long time, but I reallized that I'm only hurting my self. If I don't do something about my weight, I'll end up dying young from some health related problem, and I'm not willing to chance it! I want to be around for grand kids, and I want to be able to move without feeling like it's a chore! We can do this, hang in there!

Good night!
Old 06-19-2002, 12:03 PM   #7  
Searching for Motivation

Hi gals

Yes, I saw Oprah too and I actually didn't feel bad afterward. I guess I'm just at the point that I know if I don't workout, and don't at least think about what goes in my mouth, I will fail. My outlook may be different than most here but I don't really care what the scale says and I won't deprive myself of the foods that I like. Because of this, I just know that I, personally, can't diet, go on a program, take pills, etc. I simply have to workout regularly - even though it really sucks sometimes and I definitely don't always feel like it.

For example, last night I was at my dg's house for a family dinner and afterward we had homemade strawberry shortcake for dessert. I rarely get the luxury of this cause it's my dg's secret recipe and she doesn't make it often. So I ate (a lot of) it and didn't feel bad or guilty or think that I was a loser or a failure. Sometimes food, just like other things in our lives, needs to be put in perspective. Food is not THE most important thing in my life and it took me some time to figure that out. Now that I see myself in control and not the food, I can work toward (and achieve) a goal. I can eat the foods that I like and not act like it's the last meal I will ever eat, hence overeating. Plus, through working out, I have seen a change in my body and it makes me feel so much better about myself.

I really wonder how many of us think of ourselves first when it comes to regular, daily life. I'd guess that almost everyone here says they think of themselves last or pretty darn close. It's natural for moms to put everything - kids, husband, family, errands, dishes, laundry, etc. before mom; but we NEED to take care of ourselves before we can take care of others. It's just like in an airplane - they always say get the oxygen on you first, your dependant second. We're not being selfish, we're not just surviving - we're living.

Please don't get too discouraged with your programs. We all come here for support, encouragement and motivation. I hope what I've said doesn't sound too self-richeous or pompous. I truly believe that the change comes from dedication, hard work, faith and a little bit of selfishness Keep going and you will achieve your goal. Good luck and have a great day!
Old 06-19-2002, 01:34 PM   #8  
Domestic Goddess

Oh, man. I just typed a mesage and lost it because I read my email and clicked on a link in one and it made me leave 3FC. Oh well. I wasn't sure what to say today anyway. Just cheer up, gemini and misty. It's a really rough road sometimes, this is true. And to be honest, there are many days I just don't want to be bothered--try for the last 2 years now! I wish I could either get over it once and for all, or come to terms with my body the way it is. Since I'm over 100 pounds overweight, the latter just isn't an option for me.

Thanks, sassypie, for your words of encouragement.

I've done really well on my exercise this week. I got out my "Firm" tapes and have done the Fat Burning Basics (or something like that) Monday and today, and another workout w/o weights yesterday. Only slightly sore, which means I'm doing it right. Now if I could just get my eating in line. I decided that for now I'm not going to follow any "diet" per se. I'm going to shoot for balanced--water, vegetable (except at breakfast), grain, protein, fruit at every meal. If I find that's not working I'll go to counting points. Monday I did okay for breakfast, and not bad but not great for the rest of the day, until we went to DQ (we try to have special family time every Monday evening) and I had a chocolate extreme (or something like that) Blizzard. Those are Good!

Yesterday I did okay breakfast and lunch, but never really ate dinner. I munched a whole bunch of Quaker cheddar cheese mini-rice cake snacks, and nibbled a few other relatively healthy things. Today I'm sitting here at 1:30 in the afternoon, hungry but not eating because nothing appeals to me. I need to get all this figured out and work a habit in.

No lbs. lost yet (after 2 days, what am I expecting?!). Don't know if I'll really make that 5# challenge. My personal 21-day challenge is exercise. 21 workouts, though I'm allowed Sundays off.

Any suggestions for mental escapes (from children, home from school for summer break) that don't involve food?
Old 06-19-2002, 02:39 PM   #9  

Hi all
Cant stay long but had to let you all know I made my goal!!! I set a mini goal (Memorial day ) to lose 5# by my birthday..Today is my birthday and I lost 7 pounds!!!!!!!
Now gonna think of my next goal will post it later
Gotta go Take Care
Sheila
Old 06-19-2002, 03:55 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR SHEILA....HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! Hi everyone!! I don't have any time at all to post, but just had to wish Sheila a Happy Birthday & congrats on making your goal by your birthday!! You go girl!! C-U all later!
Old 06-19-2002, 03:56 PM   #11  
One day at a time.

Default Congratulations!

That's great Sheila, are you as excited as I am? I feels so good doesn't it! Keep up the good fight!! Have a good day! Happy Birthday Sheila!!!
Old 06-19-2002, 09:56 PM   #12  

Angry

Hi everyone! I'm new to this site, so if I do something wrong please let me know. My sis has been on this site for a while and tells me how much she enjoys it.
Losing weight is hard!! But I have finally found something that works. I started WW 7 weeks ago and have lost a total of 16 pds. I feel great!! I eat more now and am totally shocked that I actually lose, eating more food. I was told it had to do with our metabolism. Anyway, the program is wonderful.
I try to walk as much as I can, and I can really tell the difference.
Keep your chins up, losing weight is easier if done with friends.
Hey Mel I'll talk to you later.
Old 06-19-2002, 10:55 PM   #13  

Default NEW GOAL

Thanks for the Bday wishes
New goal to lose 5 pounds before sons Fifth birthday July 3rd (two weeks away)
Didnt do anything for bday DH had to work DD made dinner (chinese pie) and stuck candles in it (wax on hamburg is gross)
DS sung me the Happy Bday song over and over
Welcome Jan 16 pounds Way to go GIRL!!!!
Mel I think I just maybe as excited as you are..
Im tired was at the park withkids for 4 hours will have to post more tomorrow Im sorry fro not addressing you all
Take Care
sheila
Old 06-19-2002, 11:13 PM   #14  

Hi all,

I'm new to this board, I usually post on the 100lb club and the low carb club. But I to am a stay at home mom. I have two children that are getting close to their birthdays. Both girls turning 2 and 4 in the next 2.5 weeks. My husband is in the military and was deployed in October. We have seen him 3 times since then. He will be home for 10 days in 2 weeks ( I can't wait )
I am on the low carb plan ( my own version ) It seems to be working. I was just able to purchase clothing in a smaller size today with some extra room. I went from a 24 to a 22. Well that is about all for me.

I'm just going to jump into what I was reading. I as well saw the Oprah show. I actually felt great after. When he ran down the list of 5 things, I realized that I was doing most of them now (everything but getting rid of my "growing" clothing, lol) So it made me feel really good.

I hope to get to know the rest of you. I love this web site, it has done so much for me.

Bella23

(sorry it's so long, lol)
Old 06-19-2002, 11:21 PM   #15  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Happy B day Sheila! And congrats on making your goal loss!

Thanks for being so encouraging Sassy. Oh, this diet road can seem so long and lonely and discouraging. Thanks for the kind words to us all.

Welcome Jan and congrats on your 16# loss!!!!

Welcome Bella!!! Great to hear that you are reducing your surface area too (down in dress size).

Jen, Misty, Mel and Jackie- So sorry that I can't get really personal here......I am on little sleep and have one more nite without much sleep either. Things slow down a wee little bit tomorrow and I will hopefully be able to chat more. Don't be discouraged, however.........we will all get to a comfortable weight.

Needless to say I have been busy....tomorrow I take Dd for her drivers permit. (Will I need some grace for that or what???)
Must need my head examined.
Gotta get some sleep. Have a great nite, and I miss posting!
Ginny
Closed Thread