Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2002, 05:44 PM   #31  

Default Weigh In Chart! 5/25/02

Hi Everyone!
Well today we've been soooo busy with party rentals. We own a small party rental business which can get very busy on the weekends! So thats why I wasnt able to get online early this morning and post like I wanted to! Today I had lunch at Mcdonalds! OMG but hey I did pretty good! My usual was a Bigmac,large fries ,soda and apple pie! Well not today! I had the Mcgrilled Chicken with no mayo with small fries and mywater. You cant got to Mcd and not smell those fries! I had it with no guilt cause my next meal is a healthier one. I lost another 2.5 lbs this week! Msbillie welcome ! And I will add you to the challenge today!Manatees congrats on your 1 lb loss! Thinlizzie and appleblossom (maintaining) is also hard to do. That is something I will have to get used to once I reach goal! I was a bit undecided of what my final goal should be ,my ultimate goal was 125-130 lbs. Thats why I always put a ??? question mark after my final goal of 135? Well I think 130 is fine for my final goal , back when I weighed that much Iwas getting into size 6-8 ! Ok now enough with my babbling ! Ladies we still have another 3 weeks!

Thinlizzie..Goal 8 lbs..(maint)

Gennel...Goal 9lbs...Loss -2.5 lbs

Emaleyth..Goal.6 lbs.. Loss ( +4 lbs)

Boating..Goal..7 lbs..

Cj55....Goal 9 lbs...

Grizzlyshick..Goal..10 lbs..

Lanaii..Goal..8 lbs..Loss 2 lbs

Kermie..Goal..8 lbs..

Apple Blossom..Goal..7 lbs.. Loss(maint)

Wisconsin Woman..Goal 8 lbs...

Manatees..Goal..8 lbs... Loss -1 lb

onedayatatime..Goal 7 lbs...

Runnergirl..Goal 6 lbs.. +3.5 lbs

Sweetpea0407..Goal7 lbs.. Loss -2 lbs

Jacksonmom..Goal.10 lbs... Loss -3 lbs

Jen519..Goal 8 lbs...

Msbillie..Goal 8 lbs...

(Gen)
194/155/130

Last edited by Gennel; 05-28-2002 at 12:00 PM.
Old 05-26-2002, 12:33 AM   #32  

hello everyone and welcome to those who just joined you have all come to a wonderful place. Sorry it has been awhile but my pc tends to have a mind of it's own sometimes. I just read all the posts to see how everyone is doing. you are all going so good keep up the good work. Gen i seen the post where you said you were late for your T.O.M i kinda have the same problem maybe you can tell me what the deal or anyone else can if gen doesn't know. well i went on the depo shot after my daughter was born she is 2 now i stopped taking the shot a year ago and still no T.O.M. It's driving me crazy i thought i should have started after a year. every once in a while i spot a little bit but that is about it. That shot totally messed me up. I gained all my weight on the shot i will never go on it again. have any of you ever been on the shot? And if so did you have any problems with it? Well on to another subject i guees. I did very good this week. I finally gave up the soda it was very hard to do i have went 7 days with out any and i don't miss it one bit. I lost 2lbs this week that puts me at 130. 5 more to go and i will have reached my goal. well gotta go talk to ya all later.

sweetpea.
Old 05-26-2002, 07:30 AM   #33  

Unhappy more than I thought

I'm a little blue, just got off my TOM and my scale is saying I'm 149.5. I'm not going to let it get me down though. So I guess that is my new starting point. I'm getting serious and motivated and working toward that 5k run. It was a good reality check and time to move forward, either I'm gaining or I'm losing, it's my choice. So here i go again.

198/149.5/143/130ish
Old 05-26-2002, 11:15 AM   #34  

Angry

Hey All,
How are you doing this weekend?
Don't be down runnergirl...the best way to go is just be consistent...try and make as many good food choices as you can each day, and it will pay off! Make it your way-of-life. I chose good at Applebees last nite. The santa fe salad. Toppings all on the side, so i can chose how much to use. Then i took 1/2 of it home for today! I love being able to eat out and feel wonderful afterwards now...not like i used to do! My tummy would be very angry w/me for all the heavy/fatty choices of the past. NO MORE tho'. I am in this for the long haul now. And i think you all are too! YGG's!!!!!!

I want to wish you all a great Memorial day weekend, and here are a few quotes to give ya movitvation

till later,
thinlizzie

"When you come to the edge of all the light you know, and
are about to step off into the darkness of the unknown,
faith is knowing one of two things will happen: there will be
something solid to stand on, or you will be taught how to fly."
-- Barbara J. Winter

"The best angle from which to approach any problem,
is the TRY-angle..." -- Unknown

Dreams Come True One Step At A Time
When going through life
and traveling in the direction
of your dreams, the best way
to get ahead is the simplest way:
Take it one step at a time.
Don't look over your shoulder; if you do,
you'll feel the weight of all your
yesterdays upon you.
And don't worry about what lies ahead.
By the time you get to
the bend in the road
or the crest of the hill,
you're going to be better and stronger
than you ever were before.
Just go a step at a time,
one day at a time.
And you'll find a rich, thankful life
you never thought you could afford.
A. Rogers

Old 05-26-2002, 03:15 PM   #35  

Default soda is my nemesis!

Hi All,
Yesterday was a good day for me, with one noteable exception. I went walking just like I planned. I didn't snack between meals. I didn't overeat at meals. However, there was soda in the house and (when am I going to learn?) if it's here, I'll drink it. I've learned over the past 25 years of off and on dieting that I do the best when I don't deprive myself and just use moderation. That, along with excersize makes weight loss happen for me. Where the soda is concerned, though, the word "moderation" goes out the window. Sweetpea, you're an inspiration. I need to just stay away from the soda. That's my goal, within a goal, from now on.
I plan to do a little yardwork today and then some much needed housework. I know that doesn't sound like much fun, but my daughter is with her dad this weekend and I will be stopping to take breaks and read quietly. I get so much more accomplished at home when I can break it into small tasks! You can probably tell I'm not one of those women who keeps an immaculate house.
On another subject, I was wondering. Is there anyone else out there who has days when walking (in public!) seems like a really scary thing? It probably sounds really weird, but some days I just don't feel like putting myself on display. I was thinking about trying some of those walking videos at home for those kinds of days.
Well...I'm off to vacuum the carpet. Yippee Skippee!
Old 05-26-2002, 09:43 PM   #36  

Default Hi Everyone!

I just had to pop in and see how's everyone doing. Today was another busy day! My girls left with grandma to church so the hubby and I went looking for SOD and nice lava rocks to do some gardening. Well every nursery was sold out of SOD! ugh! Finally after driving for almost 2 hrs we found a nursery who had sod!! lol
Sweetpea, I never got the depo shot . I was on the pill for about one year and I had cramps every single night all over my legs,neck cramps daily . I couldnt lose a single pound while on the pill many years ago! I remember trying everything to lose and not even one ounce came off! Finally I got off the damn pill! lol I was thinking about the Depo shot years ago but I decided it wasnt for me with all the side affects and all they had to say was " You might gain some weight! " and I said no thanks! I know alot of woman stop getting their periods when they get that shot,some up to 2 yrs. I started to get my TOM late due to this new healthy eating and alot of exercise. Actually what I read was "excessive exercise" I guess 90 minutes a day 6days a week plus 30 min at night could be called excessive!
Emaleyth and Runnergirl, we all hate gains. But I just have to say that both of you have the right attitude deciding this isnt going to stop you from your goals! This weekend hasnt been my best , I didnt go crazy binging but I kept feeling hungry and honestly it was in my head! So tomorrow I will go for my 90 min walk no matter what. I will eat right for the rest of this week and push myself to do my best.
Hope everyone has a safe and fun Memorial Day tomorrow!

cya!
Gen
194/155/130
Old 05-26-2002, 09:45 PM   #37  

Default Just had to see lol

Well I saw that I had posted 99 times and wondered what would happen on post number 100 ? lol Will that make me a junior member? lol yada ,yada ,yada!
Better go now....

Gen
194/155/130
Old 05-27-2002, 12:04 AM   #38  

Default less than a week old

Hi there,
I want to get on the support/post weight goal list.
Old 05-27-2002, 10:59 AM   #39  
determined chick!

Angry Hi everyone

Well I've had a good weekend, but I haven't been as active as I'd like. Saturday we went walking, but yesterday I was just lazy and didn't do much. At least I didn't over eat
Sweetpea- Hi I've never been on the shot but I've had a friend who was and she not only gained weight but she had no TOM at all for a very long time even after going off of it. It really messed her system up.
Jen519- The walking in public thing same thing here. If I don't do it early in the morning I don't do it all. Sometimes it just feels a little uncomfortable because I always wonder if the people around me are wondering if I'm doing it for fun or if it's to lose weight. I told my husband it makes me feel like the fat girl on parade As for the soda thing my husband is a pepsi junkie and it kills me when I want some and it's in the house- so far I haven't given in, but I've darn near had to bite my hand off to stay away from it
Thinlizzie- thank you again for the quotes. I love them- keep em coming
To everyone else I hope we all have a great week!
Old 05-27-2002, 11:00 AM   #40  

Default Hi Duckduckgoose

Welcome to the 4week challenge. How many pounds do you want to set as your goal for 4 weeks. The challenge ends June 20th.

Have a great day!
Gen
194/155/130
Old 05-27-2002, 11:02 AM   #41  
determined chick!

Talking duckduckgoose

Hi there duckduckgoose- I forgot to say hello in my last post. I hope you'll like it here. The support for me on this thread has been great. Reading the posts and posting yourself will be a great help. So hope to see you posting often. Take care
Old 05-27-2002, 03:45 PM   #42  
I wish I was a catfish

Default I'd like to join

Hello all,

I'd like to join this thread...my old thread has sort of petered out.

So, all we have to do is set a 4 week challenge for weightloss? I'd like to lose 8 pounds by June 20th (actually I'd like to lose more, but I want to set a realistic challeng, LOL).

Just a little info about me. I am 27 years old and I've lost 42.5# on weight watchers since August 2001. I'm in graduate school, no husband, no boyfriend (broke up about 3 weeks ago), no children...school consumes my life.

Well, that's about it. I hope to get to know all of you soon.

P.S. When do we post our losses?
Old 05-27-2002, 03:55 PM   #43  

Default Welcome Amy!

Hi Amy ,
Welcome to this 4wk challenge. I will enter you in the 4wk challenge. All you do is weigh in on saturday and send me a PM to let me know how much you've lost in a week. I will set up a new weigh in chart Every Saturday night or Sunday afternoons.

Have a great day today!

Gen
194/155/130
Old 05-28-2002, 07:02 AM   #44  
Ilene the Bean

Default Hey girls.....

Hi girls sorry I'm so late in posting....but I am happy to report that I have lost 2 lbs....yippee....

...I'll write back later...It's 7am and time to shower....

Lana.....

160/158

Old 05-28-2002, 12:30 PM   #45  

Default You go Lanaii1 !

That is awesome Lanaii! I put your 2 lb loss for this week!
yesterday was a crappy day as far as walking goes
It drizzled in the morning so my 90 min was out the window. I felt so guilty all day long. Even though we did more yardwork and I cut the lawn! lol Soooooo I waited till 7 pm and went for my 90 min anyway! Yes it drizzled on the last lap but I made it and the guilt went away!! lol I finally bought a nice walkman that you strap to your arm, holds your keys, and the head phones are so comfy too! I get a little bored on these dark cloudy days,so now I have a little hip hop music to brighten my cloudy days!
Everyone keep it up ..please!!

Have a great day today, or make it one!

Gen 194/155/130
Closed Thread