3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Support Continues, Another 4 Wk Challenge! Please Join Us! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/16422-support-continues-another-4-wk-challenge-please-join-us.html)

Gennel 05-20-2002 10:02 PM

Support Continues, Another 4 Wk Challenge! Please Join Us!

This is our second 4 week challenge. Anyone on any program can join! We set small goals to lose in 4 weeks. Everyone weighs in on Saturday and lets me know if they lost/gained/maintained.
Our last challenge went pretty well ! We had some big losers! I'm so proud of everyone ! I will work on losing 9lbs . The challenge officially starts today and ends June 20th. If you are interested in Joining Please send me a PM with your goal for the month. If you already have a set weigh in day ,its fine just PM me when you weigh in and I will add your weightloss results.

Thinlizzie..Goal 8 lbs..

Gennel...Goal 9lbs...

Emaleyth..Goal.6 lbs..

Boating..Goal..7 lbs..

Cj55....Goal 9 lbs...

Grizzlyshick..Goal..10 lbs..

Lanaii..Goal..8 lbs..

Kermie..Goal..8 lbs..

Apple Blossom..Goal..7 lbs..

Wisconsin Woman..Goal 8 lbs...

Manatees..Goal..8 lbs...

onedayatatime..Goal 7 lbs...

Runnergirl..Goal 6 lbs..

Sweetpea0407..Goal7 lbs..

Jacksonmom..Goal.10 lbs...

Jen519..Goal 8 lbs...

cfblues..Goal 8 lbs..

Gen
194/157.5 / 135

boatingmommy 05-21-2002 08:36 AM

Ready to get psyched for a new challenge

Hey Gennel! I have got to get back into supermotivational mode. I am 16 pounds from goal of 150 and I have really slacked off the past few weeks...not gaining any, but not losing either.

My goal today is to walk the hour at lunch with a slim-fast shake before hand. I am trying to plan my food for the day first thing in the morning and stick to it.

I had a really good lunch yesterday. I steamed some yellow squash and zuchini and sprayed a little Can't believe it's not Butter with a shake of seasoning salt. Yummy!

I am shooting for 7 pounds in this challenge. That will put me in the 150s. I have got to go and dress a crabby 4 year old.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Boating

Gennel 05-21-2002 08:42 AM

Hi Boating!

Welcome! I will edit my Goal chart and put you in today! You can do this! Actually you're the only one that can make this happen for you! :)
That lunchsounds yummy too!

ttyl,
Gen
194/157.5 /135?

Gennel 05-21-2002 02:54 PM

My Before and Current Pictures (taken today!)

I bought a nice pair of jeans and I just had to take a pic cause I couldnt beleive they fit ! lol The first rst pic is my first before pic taken Feb 10,2002 and the second pic was taken this afternoon by my daughter! Please let me know if you cant see them so I can send another link. Guys take a look at the first pic.I felt the way I looked. My eyes just look sad. I know you've heard this a zillion times but.......If I can do this ,anyone can! This is as difficult as I can make it or as easy as I can let it be. Oh by the way the jeans are 98% cotton and 2% lycra ! lol. I hispanic booty needs some lycra! And they are a size 8! But the size IVe been wearing varies now so Im stuck lol size 11 and somethings a 10.

BEFORE Feb 10, 2002 ( 194 lbs)

http://a5.cpimg.com/image/33/4B/9128...-00DB01D3-.jpg

Today May 23, 2002 ( 157.5 lbs)

http://a6.cpimg.com/image/C2/48/1019...-010B0200-.jpg

ttyl,Gen
194/157.5 /135

kermie 05-21-2002 04:05 PM

Gennell: What a girl! The pics are great! I too, started dieting on Feb. 6/2002, and have lost a paltry 14.5 lbs., you were motivated and stayed motivated....I wiffle-waffled the past few mos., and have attended a couple of showers, and eaten a lot of meals in restaurants, and have lost my resolve...BUT I haven't gained it back - so....

I'll commit to 8 lbs. in the next 4 wks. and work hard in the yard...it's blowing about 60 mph today, BUT the sun's out, and the temperature is about 60 F
We're in central Canada, and that's warmer than it's been since last year...

Kermie.

:sheep:

This morning I was 199.....

Ilene 05-21-2002 06:31 PM

Remember me from the chat room.....

I'd like to join your challenge it sounds like a great plan...

I weighed in this morning, after a terrible food weeked, at 162....

I will commit to an 8 lb loss, in 4 weeks...

I must stop being a "part-time" dieter...this is my whole problem I think....

I have to go help with homework....

Later...

Lana....:love:

p.s.: The pics are great Gen!!! Keep up the good work...

Apple Blossom 05-21-2002 06:53 PM

Count me in

HI, I'd like to join this months challenge. I'd like to lose 15 pounds, and hopefully 7 this month. Right now I'm at 154. Most of my weight gain has been since I've had kids (a 5yr old And a 2 1/2 yr old) It's hard to find time to exercise! So here we go!:moo:

Gennel 05-21-2002 07:10 PM

Will count you in!

I will count you in for the challenge! I know it can be really hard to find time to get exercise in. IF you cant commit to doing 45 min of exercise a day, try doing 20 min once. Then later in the day do another 25 min. The easiest exercise and most effective exercise is walking. Things can get hectic in my house ! I have two girls so I dont always get to do the exercise at the same time each day.
You can do this!

Gen

194/157.5 /135

thinlizzie 05-21-2002 09:47 PM

Hello to our good group! Way to go on setting some goals for this month. It has really helped me to join in on all these posts on this site...so much motivation to share. I have a few good quotes for you all tonite and i will be back soon
TTL!
thinlizzie
166/131/120
PS...Gennel- Great pics! Looking fine in those blue jeans! YGG! I bet you feel wonderful! Proud of you too!

(start quotes )
Step-by-step tips to help you get motivated and seize the day:

May, 2002

1. Health
Create a summer exercise program. Include outdoor and indoor activities. Along with physical exercise, you could make the system even better with a smarter, healthier diet. This is the summer to create the body you've always wanted.

2. Financial
Get organized! Where does your money go each month, and how much comes in? Keep track of your miscellaneous spending. You may find a few ways to cut back on expenses and increase your savings.

3. Career
Meet with your supervisor at work. What goals does he or she have for you, your department, or the company as a whole? When your personal goals are in line with the goals of the company, your job will be more rewarding and less frustrating.

4. Personal
Plan a dream trip. Whether or not you will actually take this trip isn't important. Part of the process is the fun of dreaming about the places throughout the world that you want to visit in your lifetime. You never know when this plan may come in handy.

5. Family
Let your kids make dinner one day this month. Give them as much freedom as you can, letting them choose the food, ingredients, and creative ways to serve it. If you're lucky, you may get them to do the clean up as well. This is a quick and easy way to develop your children's independence and confidence.

6. Stress Management
Find a picture that you find soothing. When you are getting stressed out, or feel the tension building, stare at your picture. Studies have shown that stress can be reduced immediately by focusing on a soothing object or photograph.

7. Time Management
Buy a small notebook to keep track of how you spend your time. After a week of taking note of what you do each day, you'll find areas to improve and you'll discover when and where you do your best work. The more you know about how you spend your time, the more effective you will be.

by Jason Gracia - Motivation123

7 Surefire Steps to a Great Attitude
by Jason Gracia

Attitude, as you have heard many times, is everything. That theory has been written in thousands of books, spoken to millions of people, and driven deep into your mind. Why? It's true.

Your attitude is your own personal filter for everything that happens to you, around you, or within you. What takes place in this world is not as important as how you view it.

You cannot choose what will happen to you. You cannot guarantee success and happiness for yourself. These things are out of your control. You can, however, choose how you feel about these things, about how you respond to these situations.

With a positive attitude, you will have the ability to be happier each and every day, make others around you happier, and live a good life. Below are seven tips that can help you keep your positive attitude going.

1. PUT THINGS IN PERSPECTIVE

When you find yourself getting fed up and your mood is taking a turn for the worse, take a step back and put things into perspective.

Is the stress and frustration really worth it? When you look at the bigger picture, don't they seem a bit insignificant? They should, because nine times out of ten the daily problems we face are not really that important when we take a look at life as a whole.

You are alive, you have food, shelter, and freedom. These things are reason enough to smile when you wake in the morning.

2. HAVE SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO

You are expecting something in the mail. Each day you run to the mail box, filled with excitement and anticipation. And then, finally, it comes!

People love to look forward to things. Some say that anticipation of something happening is better than when it actually happens.

We all have special events that are coming up. Holidays, birthdays, vacations, weekends, etc. Keeping these in mind will give you something to stay excited about.

3. HELP OTHERS

There is no better way to forget about your worries than to help someone else with theirs. When you take the focus off of yourself, and give your attention to helping people, your attitude will change dramatically.

This tip not only includes helping friends and family, but also volunteering to help those in need whom you may not know. When you give of yourself, you'll receive tenfold in return.

4. TAKE A BREAK

There are times when the only solution is to get away from it all. If you know that you are in a negative mood, or have been in low spirits for some time, take a break. It could be just what you need.

Taking a break can vary from a short trip in your car, to a vacation in the Bahamas. A walk around the block, or a leisurely drive around the neighborhood can also work wonders for your mood and attitude.

5. TALK WITH A POSITIVE FRIEND

Talking things out can help you see the good in a bad situation. Call a friend and tell them about your problem, or just chat about any topic that comes to you. This is a very therapeutic and effective cure to a rough day.

6. LIFE IS SHORT

One thing to always remember is that life is short. The worst thing would be to look back on your days wishing you could have been happier. Now is the time to take a good look at your attitude and make the necessary improvements.

Days, weeks, months, and years have a way of rushing by. Don't let them pass while you are in a negative mood about life. A positive attitude is worth the work, effort, and change that it takes to create it. Look back with no regrets, only happy memories.

7. PEOPLE HAVE DONE MORE WITH LESS

A common cause for a poor attitude is the feeling that you are in a situation that is just too hard to deal with. Perhaps you don't have the job you want, or you may have a boss that drives you crazy. It may even be more serious than that. You may be too young, too old, too tired, too unlucky, etc...

People have done more with less.

Many people from all over the world have overcome obstacles, solved problems, and maintained a positive attitude through the most trying of times. If they can do it, so can you.

The power of a positive attitude is always within your reach. You simply have to extend your hand and grab it. Use the tips above to gain a great attitude, and to make your life happier, healthier, and wealthier. ( end quotes )

Manatees 05-21-2002 11:21 PM

Hi and Good Luck to all.

I think I'm going to give this a try. I have a hard time sticking to anything so maybe this will be just what I need. My goal will be 8 lbs. I have a hard time (like everyone else) fitting in exersice. I watch kids from my house during the day so its hard to find time to jump on my glider and I also work a part time job at night. You would think I would be tooo busy to eat...lol But I sure seem to find time for that. I've decided that instead of sitting outside watching the kids play I need to get up and play with them. Well good luck again and think thin.

Gennel 05-22-2002 08:51 AM

Welcome Manatees!

Hey Girl,
Welcome to our challenge. I will add your name with your goal for the month. You said something that stuck in my mind. About finding it difficult to fit exercise into your day but you find time to eat lol. I can totally relate. Ease into better habits slowly. If there is time in the day to eat then there is time to fit in at least 20 min exercise here and there,trust me! If you need support ,you will find it here. If you need a little push, you will find it here! We will be here to celebrate a 1 lb loss or know exactly how you feel when you dont lose an ounce. Because we've all been there too!

You CAN do this,

Gen
194/ 157.5 /135?

Emaleyth 05-22-2002 09:29 AM

Well, I went for a nice walk yesterday :) 1.7 miles... of course, I couldn't get my heartrate up too far because I was walking with a friend who was struggling through it. We're going again today and I think I'm going to do it on my own later tonight just to get my heart pumpin' and bumpin'. On a good note though, it is up and down a ton of different sized killer hills!!! I should have a nice botty by the end of this!!! :)
So.... how's everyone else's week going so far?
Erin

Emaleyth 05-22-2002 09:40 AM

DANG GENNEL!!!!

You go girl!!! I absolutley love your diva look :) Again, You go girl!!!
And speaking of booty ;) A long time ago I resigned myself to the fact that I have a "bubble" butt :) Even at a size 1/3 (BC-before children), I never had a flat butt. The cute little tight spandex dresses that were the thing in the early 90's never worked for me... they were far too tight and form fitting in the backside :) Thank god for J-Lo :lol:
Erin

runnergirl 05-22-2002 09:59 AM

lurked long enough, ready to go

I have lurked on this site for soooo long and now I'm going to jump in and participate
.:dizzy: I will commit to 6 lbs.

I've been sick for the last 2 weeks and haven't been abe to run so I'll commit to 4 days a week for the next 4 weeks to run at least 20 minutes. at last weigh in I was 146 so that will bring me to an even 140.

I will also commit to @1500 cals per day.(of good healthy food) but i will give permission to myself to not be so hard on myself for Memorial Day cookouts. And to drink my water. Hello to all!!!!

runnergirl

198/146/140/130

Gennel 05-22-2002 11:27 AM

You go Ladies! Welcome!

Erin , I can feel the energy from reading your last two posts! You sound determined girl! That is just wonderful! Iwent for a walk yesterday 90 min. Came home and did my housework and errands. I got back into my closet to see what else fits me lol. My 10 yr old was grabbing clothes and telling me to try this and that on. Every pair of shorts fit me! I just have one that was tight on the waist but fit well everywhere else. I took out a black blouse I wore this past New Year's which Iwas barely able to button the chest part! The thing is like 8 inches loose on me! I was so inspired that after dinner ....I went for another walk ,40 min! lol
Runnergirl have I talked to you in nightly chats? Your name looks familiar? Anyway welcome here! I already entered your name in this 4 wk challenge :)
By the way Thinlizzie I loved your last motivational post so I searched for a few "Words of Wisdom" I hope you guys find one in there that you like!

(1)
"I shall shape my future.
Whether I fail or succeed shall be no man's doing but my own.
I am the force; I can clear any obstacle before me.
Or I can be lost in the maze.
My choice. My responsbility.
Win or lose, only I hold the key to my destiny."

(2)"Good choices come from experience. Experience comes from bad choices."

(3) You must act as if it is impossible to fail. ( my fav)

(4)"Above all, challenge yourself. You may be surprised by what you can achieve."

(5)"And the trouble is, if you don't risk anything, you risk even more."

(6)"Success is not a doorway, it's a staircase."( good one!)

(7)"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you will land among the stars"

(8)"Do, or do not. There is no try."

(9)"Ninety-nine percent of the failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses."

(10)"You never really lose, until you quit trying."

(11)"A man is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits."

Whew! ok tired now lol. Have a great day everyone!
Gen
194/157.5 / 135