Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2002, 05:29 PM   #106  

Hi everyone and WTG on your wt. loss I'm so proud of all of you! I really needed the motivation I get from this board today. I wanted sugary fattening food but now I don't. Thank you!
Gen that is so great that you had such a good experience at the gym. I don't have the nerve to go to the gym yet. Luckily I have a treadmill. From being away for the weekend I haven't begun to exercise yet. I've done a lot of housecleaning to get ready for a get together tomorrow morning then will exercise after that. Talk with you later.
Old 06-10-2002, 11:21 PM   #107  

Default good evening everyone

I'm really inspired by everyone on this board! Today I had another good day. We had a staff meeting at work and my supervisor brought in a block of Seattle peanut butter chocolate fudge for us to munch on! Yikes, thank you, but I passed on it! I don't know how I restrained myself.

Gennel - I'm impressed with you at the gym. I could never do all what you did. I think I would pass out! Good for you! I hope to be 149 by this weekend also.

Apple Blossom - my goal is 135 also. I would like to get to 130, but I'm not sure if that is realistic. I think towards the end it's going to be tough to get rid of those last pounds. But I am determined to do it this time. No way am I going to stop now!

Lanaii1 - congrats on the 6 lb. weight loss!

take care and good luck everyone!

billie
Old 06-10-2002, 11:30 PM   #108  

Hello.
I'd like to be able to correct Gennel's chart on my behalf since Saturday morning I had a total of 4 pounds lost, but I made terrible choices all weekend and started out that way today as well. I'm afraid to step on the scale, but I'm going to pretend I'm still at 234. I'm sure if I weighed today I'd be back where I started 2 weeks ago. After a day or two on track, though, I will be able to see what damage I really did.
I don't want to whine or anything, but I'd just like to say I think my heart is breaking. But eating until I'm numb isn't going to help. Now is the time I really need to take good care of myself and that means eating healthy, nutritious food and getting excersize. I'm off for a walk and tomorrow is my new beginning.
It's great to hear people's success stories. I'm hanging in here and I'm glad you're all here too!

Jen
238/234(I hope)/140
Old 06-11-2002, 09:01 AM   #109  

Default to Jen519...

Hang in there girl. I know all too well about terrible choices! Try changing your weigh in to Mondays? Maybe that way you will be forced to eat well and stay on track cause you know Monday is weigh in! I make a few bad choices on the weekends,I'm guilty of that as well. But if you find it impossible to stop then maybe changing your weigh in day to Mondays might help. I was on my way out to the Gym now but I had to reply to your post. Hope you maintain OP for the rest of the week. Next Thursday is the last official challenge day so you can weigh in on Thursday to see exactly what youve lost in 1 month total!

ttyl,
Gen
194/152/130
Old 06-11-2002, 09:22 AM   #110  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

Talking Thank Goodness Monday is over!

Howdy Gals! Sorry so long since I posted but I have been gone for the past 4 days and yesterday was the killer make up day at work. I read (for several minutes) the posts to catch up. Sounds like some big success stories are being written! Good for you all!!!

Well, last week I was so supermotivated that I got the hugest, bloodiest, yuckiest....you get the picture...blister on my heel and it is just getting straightened out. I couldn't walk, but I did jump on the bike a few times. I am beginning to wonder if my scale actually reads past 166 cause it has said that for a month or so now. I have got to put in the extra effort. I need to go back to the combo of walking and doing my aerobic tapes. I NEED MY HEEL BACK!!! Well...it's getting better every day. I keep watching the food intake.

We camped and boated and swam all the extended weekend. I love to swim and I know that it's great excercise. I was even good about watching the beer I drank. That has always been a bad thing about camping...sitting around the fire drinking a couple too many beers with friends. I really tried to moderate.

Well, keep up the good work...sooner or later my weight has got to budge!
Boating
Old 06-11-2002, 09:49 AM   #111  

jen519 hang in there. We ALL have made poor food decisions but you have to get back up and TRY again. I know you can do it.
Boatingmommy how long has it taken you to lose all that wt? I can't wait till the day that I can wear a one pc bathing suit proudly. Having a good day so far. Will check in later. Keep up the good work everyone
232.5/228/150
Old 06-11-2002, 11:39 AM   #112  

Angry Great Week ALL

Hi All

It sounds like everyone has had a great week. I have been sooo busy and my computer died so I haven't been able to post. I had a garage sale this past weekend and cleaned all day Sunday. My Mother in law flew in last night so I will have company for the next 2 weeks. My goal this week is to get back to drinking water. I didn't drink much of it when I had the flu so now I have to get back at it. My scale stayed the same this week but thats fine. Its much better then going up.

Gennel glad you like the club. I work part time at an athletic club, but you actually have to work out there to lose weight you can't just sit behind the counter....lol I don't usually work out because I don't want to be there every night of the week. I also know alot of the people there and I just can't work out in front of some of them.

Well good luck to everyone this week and think light
Old 06-11-2002, 01:01 PM   #113  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs down

Hey Jacksonmom,
You asked how long it took me to lose the weight. I worked really hard at it for about 8 months two years ago. I got down to about 195 then stopped. Then...I found my inspriration again when my in-laws announced that the whole family is going to DisneyWorld next summer. I got started again after NEW YEARS of this year and have dropped down to 166. I really need to keep going and get to goal...and then maybe a little more. You can do it too!!! I have been at the weight you are now plus some. I am living proof... and you can be too! Set your mind to it and reach down within yourself for the strength to carry through. I know that it is tough sometimes...but you have to keep setting your mind on where you want to be at.
Boating
Old 06-11-2002, 01:17 PM   #114  

Angry Hi!!!

Hi gals.......
Wow boatingmommy you have come a long way!!Congrats
Jen159 and Jacksonmom it seems we all have a significant amount of weight to lose but be encouraged we can do it!!!
We can be the next 3 fat chicks success story
Keep it up and if any of you from this group would be ok with passing along your e-mails I would like to chat with some of you on im.
God Bless! Munchieface
Old 06-12-2002, 01:42 AM   #115  

Default out of town

Hi everyone, I'm going out of town for 5 days or so. I'll miss weigh-in, but Ill post as soon as I get back. I 'm finding that I really need to know how everyone is doing.
Jen 519:Please don't dispair!! We're all here for you and we know you can do it!
Hey, I have a silly tip...If you feel like snacking, brush your teeth first! I don't like eating with freshly brushed teeth and when that minty taste fades the craving may have passed!
Well wish me luck on resisting temptations on my trip! I'll catch up with y'all on Monday.
Old 06-13-2002, 11:03 AM   #116  

Hi everyone! Hope everybody is doing well with their wt. loss. I just wanted to check in and say yesterday was not a good food day but today IS. I'm not sure if I'll post my wt. this Sat. or wait until 6/20/02. I can't believe the challenge is almost up.
Appleblossom good luck staying OP while your away. I know you can do it!
Everyone keep posting I'll check in later with you all.
Old 06-13-2002, 12:18 PM   #117  

Default Hi

Good afternoon everybody I just read jacksonmom post, I cant believe the challenge is over 6/20 also! Geeze time does fly. Next challenge I will set more realistic goals like 6-7 lbs. Since I'm not so far away from goal , the weightloss has been dragging. I'm doing more workouts now for longer periods,but my weekly losses are 1-2 lbs....the less you weigh ,the less you burn.And I'm sorry but I cant ,well I wont spend 3 hrs a day working out so I can make sure I lose 3 lbs in a week lol. I know the slow weightloss is better for me in the longrun.
One question Ihave to do a little research on is( How long does it take to gain 1 lb of muscle?) I know alot of people often freak out when they've had a 1-2 lb gain and they have worked out often and had good healthy meals all week. So I'll let everyone know what I found out today

ttyl
Gen
194/152/130
Old 06-13-2002, 01:24 PM   #118  

Default jacksonmom and gennel

Hi girls.........

Glad today is a better day for you Jacksonmom.

Your`e right Gennel when you are heavier it is easy to shed pounds quicker. Glad things are going well at the gym.
Our deadline is almost over agh!!!!!!!!!
Hope I make it!!! Ttyal....Munchieface.
Old 06-13-2002, 04:46 PM   #119  

Default What I found out about Muscle/Fat ...

Well I was wondering how soon do you gain muscle and really didnt find too much info. But I did find something so I copied and pasted it below. You start putting on muscle as soon as you start weight training!

As for your question about muscle weighing more than fat, that's not as much as a "pound of nails vs. a pound of feathers" as it sounds. Muscle is a denser tissue and thus takes up less room than an equal weight of fat. That's why it's possible to lose inches but show no changes in scale weight. Having more muscle means you have a more desirable body composition, or fat-to-muscle ratio. You may still weigh the same, but your body will look different, smaller, better and tighter. Though it may take you a few weeks to see measurable changes, you begin to put on muscle and burn calories from the moment you start exercising.

I was really planning on weighin in on next thursday which is the official last day of the Challenge. But I know I wont be able
wait that long! So saturday I'll weigh in and thursday I'll have my final weigh in

ttyl
Gen
194/152/130
Old 06-13-2002, 05:19 PM   #120  
determined chick!

Angry Gennel

Hi Gennel- I had a question about protein. Do you know how important protein is in a diet? I've noticed that the weeks I seem to lose better have been weeks when I've had protein everyday. Since I've started this program a couple months ago, I just rarely have a desire for meat and some weeks haven't eaten any at all or anything else with protein. I hope you don't think this is a silly question I just never thought that protein played that big a role in weight loss, but maybe I was wrong. Any help or links you can suggest for an answer would be greatly appreciate. Thanks- Di
Closed Thread