Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2002, 09:41 PM   #121  

Default for Grizzly,

Hey,
I looked for some helpful links and found one that might help answer your question. There are so many diet programs out there like the low carb high protein one. Personally I never used to eat lots of vegetables or fruits. I thought my body really didnt need them. Well after eating balanced meals for the last 4 months I can say I was VERY wrong! lol I had low energy, I didnt have a bowel movement everyday. I was lucky if I went every other day.Anyway you might not have the desire or craving for meats but there are tons of foods that have protein and you might not be aware of it like anything else that comes from animal sources...yogurt,cheese,mil. Also can be found in :nuts,peas and cereals. Peanut butter is great protein. So you might think you arent getting proteins therefore you might not see why you need protein. Protein is one of the main sources for growth and repair, Carbon, Hydrogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen are also other things in Proteins. Well the link might go further into this I'm no doctor so please check out the link below.
Another thing I hear alot is that carbs are "bad" in a diet . Well honestly I think carbs is what keeps me going through a rough workout and I havent had any headaches! Sorry for the long post!
http://www.purchon.com/biology/diet.htm

Gen
194/152/130
Old 06-14-2002, 07:23 PM   #122  

Default i am newbie

hi i would like to join the next challenge i am gennel's sister if she can do it so can i
Old 06-14-2002, 07:55 PM   #123  

Welcome Angel!
I'm looking forward to the next challenge myself. And to see just what I can accomplish in the next 5 days as well! I really had some trouble keeping OP and won't make my goal for the 4 weeks, but I've made some progress and feel like there's some hope.
I haven't posted for a while. I've been eating O.K., but haven't walked since Monday night. I know that's what really helps that scale move, but it's been so hot. I know, what a lame excuse. I've lived in Western Washington since I was born and once it gets above 72 degrees, I start to melt! Yesterday it was almost 100. I can't imagine living in the Southern regions. I'd die! In any case, it's perfectly lovely out in the early A.M. No reason I can't walk then.
I'm about ready to give up on male-female relationships, though. They're way too hard and painful when they end or change to something you're not prepared for. I was seeing a man that I've known for 12 years. We've worked together off and on. Ever since I met him, I had a thing for him, but whenever he wasn't in a relationship, I was. He came back to work part-time where I work back in January and this time he wasn't dating anyone and neither was I. It took me about 3 months, but I finally got the nerve to ask him out. We've gone out casually several times, but I was really hoping for something special. Last weekend, though, he made it clear that he could really only see me as a friend, not a romantic partner. OUCH! I went into a nose-dive, but I feel more centered now. No reason to sabotage my own efforts at getting more healthy. I do wonder if he would be interested in me romantically if I wasn't so friggin' fat.
Thanks for reading. And all the encouraging words too! I'm going to mow my lawn and maybe around sunset take a light stroll. Anythings better than sitting around moping!

Jen
238/234/140
Old 06-14-2002, 08:27 PM   #124  

Default Ouch Jen!

Well I just read your post and all I can say is a big Ouch. well I guess he made it pretty clear . Well you know the old saying all too well right? There's other fish in the sea..... But I'd really love to see his reaction when you get to your goal weight! Wouldnt that be funny to see him all of a sudden change his mind? You deserve better anyway. Maybe it has nothing to do with your weight at all. But I have learned from personal experience that when you truly care for someone , their weight has nothing to do with why they care for that person. And I can tell you from my husband! He can gain weight but he's still muscular and God! the girls are like "flies on Sh_ t!" But regardless he's never ,ever made me feel uncomfortable about my weight. He's proudly reached out for my hand when we go out when I was heavy or thin. I just wish we would love ourselves as much not to stuff our feelings with food! I dont know what type of eater I am lol. If I'm sad I eat or if I'm happy I eat lol. So either way I just stuffed my face!
Hmmmm...okay this was suppose to be another short post!

ttyl,
Gen
194/152/130
Old 06-14-2002, 08:32 PM   #125  

Default Everybody please Welcome my sister Angel

I finally got my sis on this thread! lol She's all the way in NJ but has also started eating right and so far as lost 10 lbs! So she will deffinately be in the next challenge . I will start it 6/21/02 . Since we end this one 6/20.

Well keep my other sis here in your prayers. She is going for that gastric bypass surgery this Monday , which is no piece of cake!

Remember tomorrow is WEIGH IN! But our final weigh in is Thursday. I had a sneak view today and it looks like a thumbs up , but I will confirm tomorrow for sure!

ttyl,
Gen
194/152/130
Old 06-15-2002, 06:00 AM   #126  
determined chick!

Angry Hi everyone

hi everyone, and welcome Angel I hope you like it here. Well I had a 2 pound loss this week. I also had a rough week. My mother in law seems to be bothered by weight loss and is no longer speaking to me, I found out that I have to work the next 3 Saturdays and I'm just in a funky mood all around. Because of all the stress last night a brownie was calling my name, but I didn't give in I felt like smacking my husband though for keeping them in the house, but I can't make his food choices to suit me. Anyway, Gennel thanks for the link on protein. I looked it up and it was really interesting. I will keep your other sister in my prayers on Monday. I wish her success with the surgery. Take care. Di
Old 06-15-2002, 01:12 PM   #127  

Hey all!
I'm sprung. I lost another pound! In spite of my massive overeating last weekend. I know I'll never make my goal of 8 pounds by Thursday, but I've lost 5 pounds total. Maybe I can lose 1 more in the next five days. This is supposed to be the time when I can lose more since I'm just starting out and really heavy. If I had stayed OP, imagine what I would have done. I don't say that to beat myself up, but to motivate me for the next time. I haven't weighed less than 230 for over 2 years, so I'm looking forward to passing that point.
Grizzlyschick, I guess you make a point for being single: NO IN-Laws! It's great you were able to resist the brownies too. I'm also lucky that I get to control the type of food that's in my house for the most part. My daughter isn't fat, but she's definitely got my body type and isn't as slender as many girls her age, so it's not hurting her to have the low-fat versions of things. I hired my 21-year-old nephew to mow my back lawn. It took him 4 1/2 hours and I knew I would never be able to handle it. He did bring a dozen donuts with him and almost left them here when he went home. I said, "No way. Get these out of my house!"
Gennel, you're right, there are other guys out there. It's a lot easier for me to get out and meet them when I'm a bit smaller, though! I'm just going to kick back and figure out just what kind of man I'm looking for while I work on becoming just a little more attractive to the opposite sex. I'm so glad you have a supportive and accepting husband. That's great. And it's true, if someone really cares for you, they care for YOU, not your body. I'm thinking good thoughts for your sisters surgery to go well on Monday, too.
It's the weekend. I'm taking my daughter and her friend to the beach. I took care of my front lawn and my nephew took care of the back, so I don't feel guilty going to play. I haven't spent much time in the yard this year, so my flowerbeds are really in a state. I can hardly see the blossoms for all the grass and weeds! If the weather holds, I'll spend some time taking care of them Sunday. I definitely have no binges planned for this weekend! I'm only going to do things that will make me happy and proud of myself.

Jen
238/233/140
Old 06-15-2002, 01:58 PM   #128  

Wink Thumbs up for me but not so great!

Well I weighed in yesterday...like I shouldnt have lol. Said 150 so that's a 2 lb loss. Well this morning I weighed in and it was 150.5 argh!!!!. Well today is weigh in and I'm leaving it at 150.5. So 1.5 lbs loss this week! I will PUSH PUSH PUSH myself to see 149 in 5 days! It's so true what they say " Stay Off the Scale!!" I keep so motivated because I also measure myself . The weight loss has been slow now but the inches are coming off more and more now!! So my body is gaining muscle and I need that ! woo hoo!
Congrats to Msbillie on the 3 lb loss this week! Grizzly 2,Jen 1lb. Iwill wait to hear from more of you ladies so I can post the new weigh in chart tomorrow when I get a chance!

ttyl!
Gen
194/150.5 /130 (43 lbs GONE! 20.5 to go!!!!!)
Old 06-15-2002, 04:06 PM   #129  
determined chick!

Angry Jen519

Hey Jen congrats on the 1 lb loss! And way to go saying no to those donuts. I will cross my fingers you lose at least 1 more pound before Thursday, I'm hoping that for myself to. I am at the weight now that I was when I got married. My husband's never seen me thin because I've never been thin. I know with that 50+ pounds gone now I can notice an incredible jump in my energy and it feels good to see my clothes get bigger. I can't wait to be the weight you are now. When I reach that weight I'll have almost 100 pounds gone! I know that it's hard to resist food when stuff is going on in your life. Keep your chin up and remember that you can do anything you set your mind to hope you had fun at the beach. Take care.
Old 06-15-2002, 04:20 PM   #130  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Default I'm new and I would like to know more

Hi, I'm "Kina", wife, mom of 2 boys and 2 girls, and a college student. I am 29. I work seasonal during the summer. I am interested in your weight challenge. I'd like to know the rules and how, when to start. Let me know...I am currently in a family weight challenge. We started June 1 and whomever looses the most by September 1 wins the bank. I had weighed in on the original scale 215 and currently on my scale I am down to 208. Now I know scales vary from one to the other but I feel the difference in my jeans.

Well let me know when the next challenge comes up and let me know the details and rules and whatever else comes with it. Thanks.

Kina
Old 06-15-2002, 09:53 PM   #131  

Default Welcome Kina!

Hi Kina !
I will put you in for the next challenge that I will start June 20 or 21! Its for 4 weeks. We weigh in every Saturday. Just send me a private message letting me know if you lost anything for that week. Then I will post your loss in that week's Chart. You let me know what your goal is for 4 weeks. I find setting smaller goals is easier.I was usually setting a goal of 9 pounds a month. But now I'm close enough to goal that I've only been losing about 7 a month so its slowed down. Just please send me a little reminder message in case I forget! Try to weigh yourself only on one scale. Even if its tempting dont get on another scale! Seeing higher numbers on another scale can be traumitizing lol .
I really like that idea of your family challenge! By the way how much $$$ is in that bank that everyone's going for? lol

Gen
194/150.5 /130
Old 06-15-2002, 11:08 PM   #132  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Angry Gen

So okay on June 20 I weigh in and PM you with the weight. No I only weigh on one scale here at the house. I know what you mean you hop on another scale and suddenly you weigh 5 pounds more.

Oh the bank is at 750 BABY!!!! I wouldn't mind winning but if I can walk away with less weight than I went in with it would be just fine with me.

Thanks for your reply.
Old 06-16-2002, 04:00 PM   #133  

Default Weigh In Chart 6/15/02

Ok Here's the new chart for this week! Remember the last day is this thursday for a final weigh in! I'm going for at least for another 1.5 lbs by then! lol

Thinlizzie..Goal 8 lbs..Loss ( -1.2 lbs)

Gennel...Goal 9 lbs...Loss( -7 lbs)

Emaleyth..Goal.6 lbs.. Loss ( +1 lbs)

Boating..Goal..7 lbs.. N/A

Cj55....Goal 9 lbs... N/A

Grizzlyshick..Goal..10 lbs.. Loss( -10 lbs) Goal !!

Lanaii..Goal..8 lbs..Loss ( -6 lbs )

Kermie..Goal..8 lbs.. N/A

Apple Blossom..Goal..7 lbs.. Loss (-2 lbs )

Wisconsin Woman..Goal 8 lbs... N/A

Manatees..Goal..8 lbs... Loss ( -9 lbs )

onedayatatime..Goal 7 lbs... N/A

Runnergirl..Goal 6 lbs.. (+3.5 lbs )

Sweetpea0407..Goal7 lbs.. Loss (-2 lbs)

Jacksonmom..Goal.10 lbs... Loss( - 4.5 lbs )

Jen519..Goal 8 lbs... Loss (2 lbs )

Msbillie..Goal 8 lbs... ..Loss (6 lbs)

cfblues Goal lbs... Loss (2 lbs)

munchieface..Goal 5 lbs... ( Just Joined )

Gen
194/150.5 /130
Old 06-17-2002, 02:25 PM   #134  

Hi! I didn't weigh myself on Sat. will weigh on THurs. and report my losses. I'm hoping to start a walking challenge I posted it under exercise link. Anyone interested please post there or PM me. I will probably make the challenge coincide with this wt. loss challenge. Let me know what you think.
Old 06-17-2002, 02:32 PM   #135  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Post walking...exercise...nothing?

Hi Jacksonmom. I will be joining in this next weight challenge. My exercise is consists of daily walking.

I was curious to know what exercises or what weight loss strategies are the members in this room using for reaching their goals? I do plenty but variety is best.

So what exercises are you using to lose weight?

Thanks, Kinarina
Closed Thread