Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2002, 01:15 PM   #46  
Moving forward.....

Question ? for Gen

Gennel,
How far do you walk when you do your 90 minutes?
Erin
Old 05-28-2002, 03:10 PM   #47  

Default My morning walks

Hi Erin,
I used a pedometer at first to let me know how far was 1 lap. Each lap I do at the park equals 1/3 of a mile. So I usually walk around at least 15 times . Each lap takes me 6 minutes. So the 90 min walk equals roughly 4.5-- 5 miles. And another thing I figured out was my speed, 3MPH . Hope this helps . Walking has truly been the best way Ive lost so many inches and pounds. Now after losing 39 lbs I HAVE to add more exercise to my day because I burn less because Iweigh less! That sort of sucks! But thats the only complaint I have on losing weight! lol I've heard in many websites that a good cardio is (jumping rope or a trampoline) That burns more calories than walking but ..... I dont know how long I can last jumproping!or on a trampoline lol . One thing I WONT due is lower my calories to lose more weight! I eat a lot during the the day but everything is low cal or lowfat usually and it never goes over 1,400 calories. That is how many calories I will be eating when I reach goal. I can have at least 1,400 calories a day if I dont exercise that day. Or I can eat 2,000 calories a day if I exercise that day. So its really up to me and I think I will deffinately choose to splurge once in a while and just get some walking done to keep myself at my goal weight.
Okay this was only suppose to be a small post replying to miles I walk in the mornings

Gen
Start Weight Feb 10, 2002 (194 lbs)
Current Weight May 25/02 (155 lbs)
Goal Weight hmmm..Sept/2002? (130 lbs)
Old 05-28-2002, 04:36 PM   #48  
Moving forward.....

Talking Thanks Gen!

I go according to my miles, that's why I was wondering how far you walk each day. I've been trying to get at least 3 miles in (or 300 cals of other cardio) each day, but the last week, I seem to have slacked. Now to get movin' again! Now if only my kids could get over this virus so I can get some rest!!!!
Hope everyone is having an OP day!!!! :sheep:
Erin
Old 05-28-2002, 08:55 PM   #49  

Talking

Hello All
Had to work today, and it was just beautiful outside. 70 plus degrees. But it was a shorter day at work and i had made up my mind that i'd be out there walking after work. The rain is holding off till overnite. I did a 2 mile walk in 35 minutes.

Way to go GENN~~ & ERIN~~ on getting your walks in. Genn that does sound like the way to do your calorie intake. Pare it down if you don't do much of a workout. Add some cal's when you do great. And your plan has been dropping the weight. I think i need to adjust again.

~~~~WTG LANA~~~ 2#s gone ...hurray for you! I am proud that you are having such a good week. Keep up the excellent work.

WELCOME to ~~~duckduckgoose~~~and cfblues~~~~glad you are joining in w/us on the challenge. Posting alot can be a big help both to you and others who read them. Hope to hear about yur WOL soon.

HELLO to GRIZZ~~~SWEETPEA~~~~~~JEN519~~~~ How are you all doing today? I hope you are keeping OP and strong.

bye for now,
thinlizzie

P.S. Here are some motivating quotes for us all:

Each time you CHOOSE to eat "OFF PROGRAM" you are really making the decision to slow down your progress, or re-GAIN THE WEIGHT YOU HAVE ALREADY LOST.

Be IN CONTROL of what you put in your mouth. Choose wisely, with respect for yourself, your goal & the hard work YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE!

Rather than lamenting what you do not have, make the
most of what you do have. Rather than being stopped by
what you cannot do, move forward by doing what you can
do. Instead of agonizing over the past or worrying
about the future, make sure that right now you are the
very best you can be.
Put your attention and your effort where they count.
Use your energy and your time where they can make the
biggest positive difference. Being positive is more
than just repeating happy phrases. Being positive
means living positive.
Being positive means seeing the possibilities for
improvement and advancement in every situation, and
acting on them. Being positive means doing what is
necessary and right even if it is not easy or popular.

Positive values are more than just platitudes. Sincere
positive values result in effective positive actions.
And those actions will bring real, lasting and
substantial achievement.

Old 05-29-2002, 02:21 AM   #50  

Default hello

Hi,
Reporting in a pretty lame week-end. My scale actually dipped down 1 lb. but now I'm back to 154. I missed my walk 2 days in a row, yesterday and today. Yesterday was also a bad day for the diet, although today was pretty good. But I'm going to remain negative and call the whole week-end a wash. Back on track tomorrow!!
Runnergirl:
I was wondering how far you run and how fast you go. I used to run/jog alot and participate in races (mostly 10K) Most of my weight gain has occurred since I stopped running, due to having babies. I recently participated in The Race For The Cure. I half ran, half walked. It was fun to be back in the race atmosphere, even though I've always been quite the penguin, running a 10 minute mile on a good day. I don't expect to get back into it any time soon, since my kids are still young and my husband travels alot. So walking is it for now, but I'd love to hear how you're doing.
Oh, I had a little panic attack yesterday. My sister-in law and her family came to visit and they suggested we go to the pool. I realized that I am so not ready to be seen in public in a bathing suit. I have a terrible self image!! We didn't go but I want to be ready next time....
Hope everyone else is happy and healthy.
Old 05-29-2002, 07:10 PM   #51  

Default Boy can I relate ,Appleblossom!

I read your post..when I got to the mini panic attack "about the poolstory" I can totally relate to that!! I couldnt even hear the word beach or pool without turning bright red !I would panic, I would actually wish I was sick or something so I wouldnt have to wear shorts or a bathing suit! lol But today I am wiser and closer to my goal with each day. I am going to wear a 2 piece bathing suit this July or Aug. That I can promise myself! Life is too short to have these huge worries about who might be commenting on your body. OR is that lady over there laughing with her friend about me? Not this time. Its all about how you feel about yourself and how much you love yourself. I dont mean to be rude but I have tosay this! Have you ever seen a big out of shape woman wearing a tiny bikini? I have , I have seen plenty of them. But you know what, they are having fun and they see themselves looking like a totally hot babe. I'm still young and I plan to make wonderful memories and have pictures of me wearing that damn bikini ! So one day when my girls are all grown up they can check out their mom and say" Mom! is that you in bikinis? " lol
Today Iwent for my 90 min walk. Once the 90 min were up, I did something I thought I was crazy for doing!....I kept walking and listening to my walkman and kept walking.... I walked 2 hours this morning! Was I tired? Yes! But after 15 min I was perfectly fine again And tonight I am going for a 30 min brisk walk..oh yes I am! lol I can see that swimsuit,mini skirts,hot shorts,tank tops,tube tops, more and more closer with each day!

Gen
194/155/130
Old 05-29-2002, 08:16 PM   #52  

Default 2-piece

Hey Gen-
Guess what? I ordered a tankini TODAY!! And I will wear it. When ever I see someone wearing a suit with some extra pounds I always think "Good for her!!" I definately feel more comfotable around the pool if I am there by myself, I could care less what strangers think. It's when I'm around friends and family when I feel self-conscious. We'll work on that.
It's 90 degrees out right now and I really don't want to go for a walk, but I will. I wish for that drizzley rain you were talking about.
I was 152 this morning but thats unofficial till it sticks for a few days.
Old 05-29-2002, 08:41 PM   #53  

Angry

Happy Wednesday All

~~Appleblossom~~ Great news on your buying that tankini! YGG. With that attitude you will succeed! Hope that soon the scale will tell you for sure "152"

~~GENN~~ Wow, you are on the walking path to your goal! 120 minutes today! YGG!! That is quite the attitude you have ...keep it up! you make me feel motivated today, thanks!!

Tomorrow is my day off and i plan to do 4 miles of walking. I have to go whenever it looks the least likely to rain. Supposed to be coming in the afternoon, and i like walking in the morning anyway! So this should work. I did a bunch of toning and wt.resistance work this morning before work. Plus i did some ab workout. I really need to focus there, and maybe i can get a tankini suit yet this year. It's funny,but i had quite a few 2 piece swimsuits put away that USED to fit me, and i am close to wearing them this year! I don't know if it will be a good look for me, but at least i can wear them when i'm alone by the pool. I too have to get working on liking how i look. I think it will be o.k. once i get more muscle tone showing. I hope so anyway. I always felt that if you have the muscles, you can even weigh more, and still have that good look to you. Don't you agree?

Well, take care all,
be strong, drink that water, and do it all for YOU this time!
bye for now,
thinlizzie
166/131/120
:sheep:
Old 05-30-2002, 07:17 PM   #54  

Default Went for that walk lastnight...

Well I went for that second walk lastnight! So 155 min total for walking yesterday! Ithought it was impossible before, guess I proved myself wrong! Today I had to chaperone for my daughter's school fieldtrip today. Boy was that a mistake! lol
There was at least 1,000 students there today. I was in charge of 10 kids. It didnt seem that many until we got inside and they all wanted to run in different directions! By 11 am I had a HUGE headache! lol Boy am I glad that is over . So I missed my walk this morning but I will do at least 1 hr tonight . Today was my high calorie day . Breakfast was great and low fat, oatmeal w/skim milk,1 slice of wholegrain toast and coffee with skim milk.
Lunch was Mcdonald's Mcgrill Sandwhich w/small fries and my bottle of water. No mayo on the sandwhich! lol I had a my light mayo in my purse Dinner, I made chili with lean ground turkey and 1 cup of brown rice, lettuce tomato side salad with vinegar .
Well I hope everyone did well today . I better go and get my sneakers on to go for that walk!!! Im so curious of my weigh in Saturday!

Gen
194/155/130
Old 05-30-2002, 08:59 PM   #55  

Unhappy

hi everyone
i have the dreaded flu, i weighed myself and i haven't lost a pound, my met rate must have dropped because i am not eating much. Anyway i thought i would say hello and i've printed out the motivation chats so i can read them when i get better to get me on track ahead
all the best
Old 05-31-2002, 12:36 AM   #56  

Default self-sabotage

Well,
I've realized that it's not so easy to hop in here and say,"I didn't do so well." I greatly apreciate AppleBlossom's courage in posting her "lame weekend". I just end up feeling so ashamed of myself when I have trouble doing even 1 good day. I walked Tuesday, but my food was out of control. Wednesday food was O.K.(although not great), but no excersize. Finally, today, I can say was a good day overall. Still, I'm afraid to step on the scale.
I'll have to weigh-in tomorrow instead of Sat. I'm going on a camping trip with my daughter's girl-scout troop. We're leaving tomorrow evening. I have no idea what the food will be like, but being with others all weekend, I know I'll be able to keep portions under control. (Wouldn't want anyone to think I'm fat because I overeat now, would I?) I expect there'll be plenty of excersize too. I don't know if I'm looking forward to sleeping on the ground, but my daughter is so pleased to have me participating I'll deal with it. I work 40+ hours a week and don't often get a chance to do these kinds of things.
She also loves going on my walk with me in the evening. She wears her rollerblades so she doesn't have to struggle to keep up. And she keeps me going at a very brisk pace! I'd also like to start walking in the mornings though. I know I crave the time alone. It's just a matter of choosing that over getting my 7 1/2 hours of sleep every night. One of these mornings, I'm going to roll my big butt out of bed early enough to do it!

Jen
Old 05-31-2002, 07:41 AM   #57  

Default small success after all!

Good Morning to everyone.
It's 4:30 A.M. and I'm nearly awake. I have to go in to work early because I've got a full day's work and also have to take my daughter to the orthodontist at 9:30. Can't work late cause I'm goin camping! It's kind of interesting that I can get up 1 1/2 hours early to make sure my job gets done, but not to make time for a morning walk. Maybe I should sort out my priorities!
O.K., I did step on the scale this morning. It looks like I managed to lose 1 pound after all. Off to a rocky start, but it'll get better from here!
I'll be checking in when I get a break at work to see how everyones doing today. Happy Friday!

Jen
Old 05-31-2002, 08:06 AM   #58  

Talking FRIDAY!!

Morning All
Good Luck w/your girl scout campout Jen...we will be pulling for you! With your daughter tagging along on the rollerblades you do have a pretty good walking buddy! she will probably bug you to go each day, and that is a good thing! Keep strong now!

Gennel~~ Sounds likeyou wore yourself out w/those school kids! whew,that can be a workout in itself! Glad you made it thru!LOL
I will post my weigh-in #'s on Sunday nite or Mon. morning again. Thanks. It's TOM again, so i don't know what is happening for sure yet anyway. Been keeping the eats low point cause i have not been walking quite as much. We had storms yesterday. Glad they are over,but now i have a long day at the office, so i won't be doing too much of a workout there! brain-drain happens over there!but not much else.

~~EVERYONE~~~Enjoy your weekend, thinkof your success and stay strong and OP! I will do my best too!
till later,
thinlizzie
166/131/120
P.S. Here are a few good quotes for us all to get motivation from:

Even though
Even if the previous five thousand days have pushed you backwards, you can still move forward today. Even when your resources have been depleted and your options have been exhausted, there is still a way to move ahead.
Never, ever give up, for even in the darkest night there is always, somewhere, a source of light. Even in the most difficult situation there is always, somehow, a way to triumph.

Though troubles come rolling in unexpectedly on a regular basis, life is, unquestionably, very much worth living. Amid the pain, the frustration, the disappointment, there is yet something of unfathomable value and beauty in the experience.

Take hold of the abundant goodness that can never be extinguished. Live every day in awe of the fact that you're alive. Never forget what a priceless, miraculous gift you've been given. The ups and downs of life pale in comparison to the magnitude of the blessing that is life itself.

Remember who you are, what you are, and why you are. Even though the going sometimes gets rough, it is a blessed experience which has no equal.

-- Ralph Marston

What's right about it?

Think for a few moments about all the things that are right with your
life. Rather than complaining so much about the problems and
difficulties, spend some time appreciating all those things for which
you can be thankful.

Whatever you focus you attention upon will grow and become more
influential. So focus that attention on the good and valuable and
positive aspects of your life.

Rather than defining yourself and coloring your perspective based on
what's going wrong in your life, think in terms of what's going
right. Instead of keeping your thoughts buried in your limitations,
allow those thoughts to soar into your best possibilities.

Instead of worrying about the worst that could happen, put your
attention and you efforts into creating the best that is possible.
The place where your attention is most often focused is the place
you're surely and steadily moving toward. So focus your attention, as
often as you can, on the best you can imagine. Keep looking in that
direction, keep heading in that direction, and you'll most certainly
get there.

-- Ralph Marston

Old 05-31-2002, 03:33 PM   #59  

Default Weigh In tomorrow!

I honestly dont know if I'm looking forward to tomorrow's weigh in! Even though I have to give myself a huge pat on the back for all the walking I did this week, totalled 605 minutes! I write down on my food journal how many min my walk was for the day. So I'm hoping to lose at least 1 lb GOD please!!!!! I cant let myself get down if I only maintained for this week because I've come a long way! My husband managed to lose 4 lbs this week!
He did alot of work around the house during the week. He doesnt realize how many calories he burns ! He is in denial that he could have lost 4 lbs in a week so he's now at his goal weight ..that little booger! lol Nahh just kidding , I'm so proud of him!
So tomorrow I will hold my breath and step on the scale and let you guys know the good or bad news

Please PM me even if you didnt lose or you gained. Iget sad when anyone joins the challenge and then I never hear from them again Have an OP rest of the day.
Gen
194/155/130
Old 05-31-2002, 05:06 PM   #60  

Default good day

Hi there.
You're right Thinlizzie, my daughter will pester me from now on to go for a walk in the evenings. I'm so glad it's light later now. Back in Jan and Feb we walked right when I got home from work, but then I ended up working late a bunch and just got out of the habit. It's great together time for us. We take our dog with us too. She starts bouncing off the walls if she sees me putting on my walking shoes and Rachel putting on her rollerblades.
I have to say, posting this A.M. was the best thing I could have done. I have stayed totally OP all day. Resisting the donuts someone dropped off for the crew and the snack box as well. I usually hit the snack box at least once a day, but when I think about it, I bring fruit instead for midmorning when I start getting hunger pangs. Twice when I walked past the snack box I thought about grabbing something, then I thought about my new support group here and was able to keep walking. Thanks a bunch!
I was wondering, Gennel, did you have to work up to 1 1/2 hours+ of walking a day? How long did it take? I feel like I've accomplished the near impossible when I walk for over 40 minutes. Now that I think about it, though, I started out doing about 15 minutes a day.
Well, lunch break is over and it's back to the grind. I've decided to put those 3 numbers with my name at the end of each post now. It looks kind of goofy right now, but it means I'm looking to the future with positivity.

Jen
238/237/140
Closed Thread