Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2002, 07:58 PM   #16  

Default I'm in

I would like to join too. My goal is 10lbs. by June 20. I'm a newbie. So I'll tell you a little about me. I just had my first child 2 mths. ago and need to lose 80 lbs. I'm a stay at home mom and love it! I saw a picture of me today and decided I need to lose weight now to be a positive role model for my son. I'm excited to start this challenge. Do we post updates daily, weekly,?
Old 05-22-2002, 08:20 PM   #17  

Angry

Hello All you great chicks

Just wanted to pop in and get some motivation rolling.
And to welcome you:~~~~~~~jacksonmom~~~~ I think you found a good group to get you back on track. And post daily or as often as you feel the need. It is a great help to do so. For you and others who read them. Good luck on your monthly goal!

Here are some quotes i thought you'd like to read:

TODAY'S INSPIRWEIGHTIONS...

"Never let your memories be greater than your dreams!"
-- Doug Ivester

"The best angle from which to approach any problem,
is the TRY-angle..." -- Unknown

"If I have the BELIEF that I can do it, I shall surely
acquire the CAPACITY to do it even if I may not have it
at the beginning!" -- Mahatma Gahndi

"If you realized how powerful your thoughts are,
you would never think another negative thought."--Peace Pilgrim

--------------------------

i subscribed to get those sent to my e-mail box daily. Anything that is uplifting is a good thing. As these posts are. so all of you, post your victories for the day and we will all gain strength from each other!

Also a big welcome to MANATEES and RUNNERGIRL...Hi to EMALEYTH...i am right there with you on the bubble butt thing. Even when i was thin, i always had an ample backside. But ya know guys like that look! So lets work out on those exercises and firm that up where it used to be...i am trying anyway!
Hi also to APPLEBLOSSOM, LANAII, KERMIE and BOATINGMOMMY....Hope you all are having a great OP day!

Hope i didn't miss anyone! Report in if you get some time!
bye for now,
thinlizzie
Old 05-23-2002, 08:48 AM   #18  

Default Welcome!

Welcome jacksonmom! I have added you to the 4week challenge!
You just had a baby 2 mths ago?! You are already on your way girl! I waited too long after my baby was born to finally decide that I needed to lose the extra weight.
Sweetpea0407, I got your Pm and also added you to the challenge. I'm so glad you are here for challenge#2 !

As for me I was just a tad panicked cause T.O.M was super super late! Like a month late! I kept thinking ok tomorrow , but tomorrow never came! So like I always do I did a little online search for reasons why we skip T.O.M . And there was a list...right at the top Reasons was 1) excessive exercise.....Yeah I think that would be me for the past weeks and months! Reason #2 Excessive weightloss.....umm I think that would be me too lol

I hope everyone has a wonderful day, or at least a good day OP(on plan)

ttyl!
Gen
194/157.5 /135?
Old 05-23-2002, 10:15 PM   #19  

Default me too!

Hi.

I'm a "newbie" also. I just had my 40th b-day and I'm ready to make a change. I believe I can lose 8 pounds in 4 weeks. Have to cut out my favorite heavily-sugar-laced soda and start walking again! With support I bet I can stay motivated. This is a great idea. Instead of thinking "Oh my gosh, I have 100 pounds to lose", I can make a realistic goal and have some success. Thanks to you all for being here.

Jen
Old 05-23-2002, 10:59 PM   #20  

Default Welcome Jen~

Hi Jen!
You've come to the right place for support! Everyone here has the same struggles and we always get backup and start again if we fall. The 8lb goal sounds like a good one. I will put you down in the chart for 8 lbs. Just send me a message if youweigh in this saturday so I can post any loss.
and by the way Walking is the best!

Gen
194/157.5 /135?
Old 05-24-2002, 07:09 AM   #21  

Red face just waking up to tackle Friday!

24 Things To Always Remember...and One Thing To Never Forget

Your presence is a present to the world.
You're unique and one of a kind.
Your life can be what you want it to be.
Take the days just one at a time.

Count your blessings, not your troubles.
You'll make it through whatever comes along.
Within you are so many answers.
Understand, have courage, be strong.

Don't put limits on yourself.
So many dreams are waiting to be realized.
Decisions are too important to leave to chance.
Reach for your peak, your goal, your prize.

Nothing wastes more energy than worrying.
The longer one carries a problem,
the heavier it gets.
Don't take things too seriously.
Live a life of serenity, not a life of regrets.

Remember that a little love goes a long way.
Remember that a lot... goes forever.
Remember that friendship is a wise investment.
Life's treasures are people... together.

Realize that it's never too late.
Do ordinary things in an extraordinary way.
Have health and hope and happiness.
Take the time to wish upon a star.

And don't ever forget...
for even a day... how very SPECIAL you are.

Collin McCarty

Hey there,
Wake up and enjoy your Friday with this quote. I thought it was a good one. I have been OP and really walking. On my day off yesterday i walked 4 miles in 67 minutes. Felt so pumped for the whole day after that....i got loads of household chores done too. Now i have to start my day at (paying)work..but first i do a bit of lifting weights and toning, and if i can i walk after work.

~~~WELCOME JEN~~~This is good that yu are setting some small goals by joining our challenge. Wish you luck in your journey and post often...it helps.

Talk to you all soon! Take care and stay

thinlizzie

Last edited by thinlizzie; 05-24-2002 at 07:11 AM.
Old 05-24-2002, 07:56 AM   #22  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

Default The challenge of a long weekend.

Okay, Here I am. Looking at the next four days and telling myself that I can stay OP and still enjoy a weekend of camping and goofing off with our friends. I am going to stay away from the beer...well at least too many beers. I am going to walk while we are at the campground. I am going to be that skinny person that I know I can be...let's make it the HEALTHY person that I know I can be.

Hope everyone is working hard. I know how seeing a picture of you as a mom can be motivation for dropping some pounds. I am losing weight for ME...but also because I don't want my kiddo to be the one with the fat mom.

Have a happy Memorial weekend, and I'll check back when I get home on Monday!
Boating
Old 05-24-2002, 12:05 PM   #23  

Hi! I had a quick question do we weigh weekly and post our weight loss/gain? And if yes what day? I'm so excited about this challenge. I think being accountable to a group is going to help tremendoulsy. Not counting all the support I get by reading the post. Yesterday I had a good food and workout day. So far today I'm off to a good start and I'm OP. Have a good weekend.
Old 05-24-2002, 12:40 PM   #24  

Default Weigh In tomorrow!

I know there are a few of you that already have a set weigh in day. But whoever can ,please weigh in tomorrow and send me a PM(personal message) to let me know how they did this week. And Iwill have a new weigh in chart that I will put up by Sunday withthis week's results. So far IVe been doing good and not gained any at all.

Boating you can stay OP ! You can do it girl!!! Try to stay away from the "empty calories" ( beer) or at least limit it like you said.
I'm so happy to see how many people joined this new challenge!! I wish everyone well. Please dont get discouraged if you stayed on plan for a whole week and didnt lose a pound. IT happens . Just change your eating/exercise for the beginning of this week and see if that helps. Remember that lowering your calories instead of adding exercise ,is not the answer. Alot of people think that if they lower their calories that they will lose more.

ttyl,
Gen
194/157.5 /135?
Old 05-24-2002, 11:43 PM   #25  

Default jumping on the bandwagon

before it's too late. My goal is to lose 8 lbs. I will start exercising more or at least walk for 20 min. each day. I've been able to stay OP for the past couple of weeks, so I'm on a roll!!

thanks,
billie

173/155/135

Last edited by msbillie; 05-24-2002 at 11:49 PM.
Old 05-25-2002, 12:49 AM   #26  

Default Just a HI

Hello,
I just logged on to read up on how everyone is doing. Every one is so inspirational! Thanks to Thinlizzie for your quotes and Gennel, you are so positive that there's no way you won't succeed!
My week has been eh. I can't seem to combine a good eating day with a good exercise day. My husband was out of town and it's really hard to get out and walk when he's gone. But the last 2 days i got in 45 minutes so I feel good. I'll check in with y'all tomorrow!
Old 05-25-2002, 07:38 AM   #27  
determined chick!

Talking Hi everyone!

Hey everybody- boy our group is really growing! I loved the motivational suggestions and quotes- I'm going to copy a few of those down. Well I lost 1 pound this week. Think I need to vary my routine again. This week I'm going to increase my exercise time and keep myself moving. So glad to see you over here Manatees! Hope you all have a great weekend. Take care.
Old 05-25-2002, 08:21 AM   #28  

Smile

Happy Saturday All!!

Glad you joined in the challenge ~~~MsBillie~~~WELCOME to you. Nice to chat with you last nite also

~~~Grizzlyschick~~~WAY TO GO~~~~~another pound gone. YGG...doing the happy dance for you. I bet you are up there floating w/the clouds right now, i know i feel so great when the scales budge. I have been maintaining real well. But i really need to lose about 11 more...i will stick to it tho'. Glad you enjoyed the tidbits/motivationals that i've posted. They hit home dont' they?

~~~~AppleBlossom~~~~dont' give up now, they say if you do something for 21 days straight it becomes habit. so keep on trying to do your exercise and you'll be suprised, you might actually miss it when you don't get out an do it! YGG! Especially if you are doing an exercise like walking. Being outside is always new and a good distraction, unlike a "dread-mill"..(my nickname for the treadmill). But when you start seeing the toning happening, whatever the exercise, you won't want that to stop!

~~~~HI GENN~~~~~Letting you know on here that i've held steady, no wt. loss this week. So you can update me for the post. Your first pictures were thru a site that lets you post the pics free for so many days, but your 2nd pics seemed to just be a web page on their own...how do you do that? I only have one before picture, i'm going to crop it and get it on my computer sometime this weekend. now i need to get an after picture taken! omg! funny that we actually want to have our pics taken these days. So perhaps i can someday show you my before and after looks.

Good luck to all our other chicks in the challenge! Post more and it will also be a benefit...kinda like journaling. Don't cha want this more than anything?? if you do it will start happening for you. One thing i thought i did yesterday that was victorious was my boss (unexpectedly)paid for our lunches and my (skinny)co-worker thought we should get dessert too, and i declined. I said WHEN i plan for one and it's a good dessert i will do it. But today, i won't. I just had my chicken(natural' no coating)sandwich on the boss. No mayo, with lettuce and tomato. Later i added a bit of mustard. That is probably the best thing on the menu as far as low-fat goes. I felt strong and in control of the situation.
So just knowing i still CAN have some sweets (when i'm ready and save the points too!) kept me safe in that situation. Hope this helps someone else! Have a great Memorial Day Weekend.
Stay and true to your plan... You will get there if you remember your goals!

till later,
thinlizzie

:sheep:

a few inspirweightonals for you today:"The hard way is the right way!" -- John Alves

(That's a good one to hang on the treadmill!!)

"It doesn't matter how slowly you go...
as long as you don't stop!" -- Confucius

"Amazingly enough, we all live inside a body that is capable of improvement everyday...what are you waiting for?"
-- Brock Hierlmeier

Last edited by thinlizzie; 05-25-2002 at 08:30 AM.
Old 05-25-2002, 02:33 PM   #29  

Default Weigh-in

Well, I have to report a no loss week, just hanging out at 154. The exercise is on track, thats a good thing. Thanks for the advice Thinliz! I look forward to walking just to get away from the house and family. Its my daily mini vacation
I'm off to a barbeque today. I'm actually pretty good at parties when it comes to eating, its the drinking that kills me. Actually, if I cut out drinking completely, it would be alot easier to lose! Too bad my husband just brewed 8 gallons of beer and it's ready to drink in a week or so....
Looking forward to a great week. If I lose 3 lbs I can catch up!
Old 05-25-2002, 04:57 PM   #30  

Default tentative start

Hi.
It's great to hear about everyones success and I like that when sometimes people miss the mark, they are willing to share that too. I think I've "started" too many restrictive programs going great guns, only to fail. It seems I'm unable to muster up the enthusiasm to stay on for more than one day. So...I think I'll take your advice thinlizzie and post often. Like every morning! That way I'll start each new day with a new dose of enthusiasm, right? Good luck to all. We can all succeed!

Jen
Closed Thread