Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2002, 07:11 PM   #61  

Default For Jen...

Hey Jen,
Noway! I wish I could have walked 1 1/2 hrs at almost 200 lbs but I couldnt. I started with 15-20 min walks. I've been walking for almost 4 months now and the most Ive walked is 2 hrs straight. Then I got brave and even added another 30 min at night. But I dont do that everynight.

well I better go ! Going to see the J-lo movie ENOUGH

ttyl,
GEn
194/155/130
Old 06-01-2002, 08:36 AM   #62  
determined chick!

Talking Hi everyone

Hi everyone. I lost 3 lbs this week. I varied my routine a little and have been so busy at work. So I have 3 more pounds to go and I'll have my first 40 off I can't wait! Hope everyone has a loss! Take care.
Old 06-01-2002, 08:37 AM   #63  
determined chick!

Default me again

I mistyped in the first post it will be my first 50 off- WHEW HOO!
Old 06-01-2002, 09:02 AM   #64  

Hello all,
~~~~GRIZZ~~~~WOW, 50#'s that sound awesome!YOU CAN DO THIS! take it slow and do what you've been doing! PROUD OF YOU!!
I have only been maintaining for weeks now. I guess i am not keeping track of points as well as i thought. I really have to try harder on that. The exercise is going pretty well. I have added miles on the walks and minutes more to the weight lifting i do(for toning)

~~~Jen~~~Good for you on resisting those darn donuts...i try never to even look at them in the stores. It's pretty easy for me at work, cause it's just me and another gal. She likes her treats once in awhile,but she knows to just bring for her. She is tiny like a size 3 or smething, but she does support me as best she can in not bringing extra muffins or cookies for me! that helps.

~~~GENN~~~Hope you are having a busy and fun weekend. How was the movie? I am going on the motorcycle w/my DH soon, so i can't be long. here are some tidbits to help us on our journey:

( start quotes )

TODAY

Outside my window, a new day I see
and only I can determine
what kind of day it will be.

It can be busy and sunny, laughing and gay,
or boring and cold, unhappy and gray.

My own state of mind, is the determind key,
for I am only the person I let myself be.

I can be thoughtful and do all I can to help,
or be selfish and think just of myself.

I can enjoy what I do and make it seem fun,
or gripe and complain and make it hard on someone.

I can be patient with those who may
not understand, or belittle and hurt them
as much as I can.

But I have faith in myself, and believe what I say,
and I personally intend to make
the most of each day.
- Author unknown

~The person who sends out positive thoughts activates the world around him positively and draws back to himself positive results.- Norman Vincent Peale

~Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal.- Pamela Vaull Starr

~Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.- Abraham Lincoln
~Dream about the future, build upon that dream, and then do what it takes to get there.

~It's a funny thing about life: if you refuse to accept anything but the best, you very often get it.- Somerset Maugham

~Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal.- unknown
~You are free to choose, but the choices you make today will determine what you will have, be, and do in the tomorrow of your life.- Zig Ziglar
( end quotes )

bye for now,
thinlizzie
Old 06-01-2002, 09:47 AM   #65  

Smile Good this week!

Even with Mcdonald's twice this week I managed to lose another 2 lbs! I weighed in this morning and my poor scale was screaming at me! " Get off me girl, you've been stepping on and off at least 7 times this morning!!!!! " Congrats everyone who had any losses this week ! I will wait for tonight until I get more weigh in results so I can make a the new Weigh In Chart for this week
We saw the movie " ENOUGH" it was good but not great. I would have to say that I still think that " Sleeping with the Enemy" with Julia Roberts a few yrs ago was still a much better movie! Have a great day!

Gen
194/153/130
Old 06-01-2002, 01:37 PM   #66  

Thumbs down Weigh in

hi All

I hope you all had a great week. This was the first nice week we have had...Too bad i have been to sick to really enjoy it. One of these days I will feel better. I did have a great lose but I'm sure I will probably be gaining it back when I can eat again. Well I hope everyone has a good week and that I will be around alittle more this week.
Old 06-01-2002, 04:01 PM   #67  

Default weigh in

Hello. I get to report a 2 Lb loss this week! Hurray! I am sure it's the walking that is helping, more so than the eating. We've had dessert everyday this past week and I haven't been able to give up the cocktails!
Next week my husband will be away, so no walks, but I'll dust off my step aerobics video and get something in before I go to bed. The dieting part will be easier since I don't cook much when he's away. So I'm hoping for 3 next week.
Hope everyone else had a positive week too!
Old 06-01-2002, 04:16 PM   #68  

Default Week #2 Weigh In Chart

Ok so far I have 5 Weigh In updates for this week. PLEASE send me a PM as soon as you weigh in by Monday at least.

WEIGH IN FOR 6/1/02

Thinlizzie..Goal 8 lbs..(maint)

Gennel...Goal 9lbs...Loss( -4.5 lbs)

Emaleyth..Goal.6 lbs.. Loss ( +1 lbs)

Boating..Goal..7 lbs.. N/A..N/A

Cj55....Goal 9 lbs... N/A..N/A

Grizzlyshick..Goal..10 lbs.. Loss( -4 lbs)

Lanaii..Goal..8 lbs..Loss ( 2 lbs )

Kermie..Goal..8 lbs.. N/A..N/A

Apple Blossom..Goal..7 lbs.. Loss (-2 lbs )

Wisconsin Woman..Goal 8 lbs... N/A..N/A

Manatees..Goal..8 lbs... Loss ( -9 lbs )

onedayatatime..Goal 7 lbs... N/A..N/A

Runnergirl..Goal 6 lbs.. (+3.5 lbs )

Sweetpea0407..Goal7 lbs.. Loss (-2 lbs)

Jacksonmom..Goal.10 lbs... Loss( -1 lbs )

Jen519..Goal 8 lbs... Loss (1 lbs )

Msbillie..Goal 8 lbs... N/A..Loss (1 lbs)

cfblues Goal lbs... Loss (2 lbs)

Last edited by Gennel; 06-04-2002 at 08:29 PM.
Old 06-01-2002, 06:06 PM   #69  

Gained 2 lbs. this week. Had company all week and did not do much exercise and ate only so-so. Oh well nothing I can do about it now. Company leaves in the morning so I'll get a good workout in the morning. At least I'm down 1 lb. from when I started. Wil have a lost to report next Sat.
Old 06-02-2002, 10:25 AM   #70  
I wish I was a catfish

Default Late weigh-in

Hello everyone,

Looks like we did really well as a group this week!

Sorry I didn't post my loss for the week. I was wrapping things up at school Thursday and Friday because I was leaving for 3 weeks. Yesterday I was travelling so I didn't get a chance to get online. Anyway, I lost 2 lbs! I only have 1/2 pound to go to reach the 50# mark (for WW)! Hopefully I'll make it this week although I'm at home and I usually let my inhibitions go and eat what I want. I'm really going to try and do well, though. I even brought my bike with me so I can continue to ride.

Well I better get going.

Last edited by cfblues; 06-02-2002 at 12:11 PM.
Old 06-02-2002, 12:08 PM   #71  

Default hello everyone

sorry, I need to catch up on the recent posts. I've managed to lose 1 pound this week and stay within my points. It's been crazy around here lately and I don't know I managed to not eat out of control, but I did it. I still need to work on getting some exercise in sometime during the day. I hope everyone had great success this week, now I'm going to go catch up on this thread.
take care,
billie

ps.
Gen, I tried to pm you, but it said your inbox was full. Should I try again?

Last edited by msbillie; 06-02-2002 at 12:20 PM.
Old 06-02-2002, 02:43 PM   #72  

Default You Go Girls!

I'm so happy to see all the effort everyone's doing. Things can be doubtful sometimes,but we all want the same thing! I'm not suuuuper close to my goal but I can see it, I can smell it, I can feel it near!!! I saw no light at the end of the tunnel when I started. I sort of started doing this blind and with just a little hope that I might have at least some sort of success. I just wanted to tell everyone here that there is much reason to hope and much reason to keep going. One pound loss is one pound gone. If you manage to lose just one pound , you can manage another pound. I know some of us have set date goals . But honestly my goal date isnt engraved in stone! I will get there at my body's pace .When someone feels down and upset with themselves I know how they feel because at one point or another I've felt the same way. I want everyone to stick this out and DO their best ,not TRY . I know personally when I say " I'll try to do this" it just doesnt happen. When you have an appointment to be somewhere and do something , all of us are their on time and get things done. This battle with weight is no different. We cant try to be there , we HAVE to be there. This is one day at a time.
Enjoy the rest of this beautiful Sunday!

Gen
194/153/130
Old 06-02-2002, 02:50 PM   #73  

Default Sorry Billie!

Sorry Billie,
I havent deleted my old messages and I had more than I thought! I got your loss for this week and added it to the weight chart Keep doing it !

Gen
194//153/130
Old 06-03-2002, 04:12 PM   #74  

Default great weekend!

Hi to Everyone!
I had a surprisingly great time this weekend with my daughter's girl scout troop. I'm not a very outgoing person and tend to be uncomfortable in groups, but since there was only 1 other adult there it turned out to be not a problem. Especially since I got to know her a bit more this weekend and she is another incredible, inspiring woman. I can't have too many of those in my life and I'm even more comfortable with her having influence on my daughter. She is very health-conscious and so there were no snacks available other than apples. I felt like I did pretty well food-wise and we walked and walked and walked. At one point we had to hike up this giant hill. When one of the girls pointed out that she had been on an even steeper hill, the troop-leader said, "Oh. That would be a ladder!"
Anyway, I was a bit disappointed and surprised when I got on the scale this morning and it actually looks like I gained my pound back. Not to worry though. TOM is here a week early and probably that accounts for the gain. I wonder if I'm starting that peri-menopause or whatever it's called. I used to be so regular even during times of extreme stress, but I actually missed a period completely in May and now having one before the new moon is bizarre for me.
Anyway, by Saturday I should be able to see a true weight, so I just won't weight until then. (Yeah, right!) O.K. I won't be so disappointed by what I see, unless nothing changes by Saturday.
WTG everyone who lost this week! I know I can stick with this group, even if I have setbacks. I love it.

Jen
Old 06-03-2002, 06:57 PM   #75  
determined chick!

Angry Hi everyone

Hi everyone- Jen519 it sounds like you had a great weekend. Good luck with having a loss this week! Way to go with staying motivated this weekend! Guess what everyone- my husband got me a treadmill! I had plans for this week to get a motorized treadmill and the price I had in my mind he really wasn't going for So he asked around and someone gave him one that's not motorized. It is a real workout! It's set on the medium skill level and it does have an electronic box that keeps the time and calorie count if you set it, but you have to use your own bodies resistance to move the belt. I did it for 15 minutes and I can feel it- but hey that's the point right. So I plan to hop on in the morning and try to do at least 15 minutes hopefully I can do 20. I know it doesn't sound like a lot but I need to start slow and build it up. Well wish me luck and I'll push myself for the 20 tomorrow morning. Take care everyone and good luck with losses this week.
Closed Thread