UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 08-14-2006, 01:54 AM   #196  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Ouch. My legs still feel like lead. I went out for a 4.4 mile "easy" run this morning and they just gave up on anything more than a slight incline - I actually ran slower over 4.4 miles today than I did over 20 on Sunday! I gave them a good stretch when I got back, so hopefully they'll start recovering soon.

I can't believe how grey and cold it is out there - I ran wearing my long running tights and a jacket!
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 04:59 AM   #197  

What's that about gong to Marrakesh? I went there years ago and loved it - but yes the men are a pain. However, accourding to reports - the police -tourist police- are cracking down on the hasslers.

One thing - in the fanmous square (whose name escapes me) keep an eye on your belongings.

We had a wierd experience -We were in a horse and cart thingy - Caleche. My friend stayed on it as I wetnt owatch the snake charming. I noticed a little boy climbiing over the thing and yelled to my friend thinking he was going tonick the bags. She is so unobservant he could have pulled everything out of her bag right under her nose. But apparently no - he put a syringe on the seat!! We removed it and he and his male minder scurried off. Strange.

Oh Sarah Ann - you will be interested to know that I now eat my words abotu the Chavs. You remember I mentioned no one living either side of mum and dad? Well the chavvy boys who used to live there (at least I think it is them, they arrive every Saturday and Sunday, rev their cars up with the music booming enough to shake mum's, then go again. Considering my Dad is deaf........

He has asked them to be quiet as had someone else. They arrived back when I was saying goodbye to my Aunt who was visiting. I did n't take too much notice but my Aunt said there was a women there who was even bigger than my SIL (who is size 30). According to Mum this is not Mrs next door (I think they split up and we did not see them for ages but occasionally MR Next door would go in and out. THere is a large hedge so we cannot see, although one of them used ot lean over mum's fence at the bottom and succeeded in breaking it. I really hope they are going to move and put the house ont eh market - please! Mum is getting upset - she was so used to not having anyone there! I said at least it is only the weekend and neither of my parents works now. It would be like neighbours having weekend parties I guess. Actually it was n't that bad to me but then I am used to London!!!
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 05:28 AM   #198  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

I think I know how she feels - its not actually WHAT they are doing - its what they MIGHT do thats worrying and scary. Its living with that uncertainty that puts you on edge.

Mr Chav next door to me is on his best behaviour. We've had another couple of 'episodes' and each time I phone the Police. I think they are so sick and tired of me ringing that they decided to talk to him about it when he was sober. (A first!) He had to go visit the Police station and was told that he's behaving like a and next time they will be charging him with whatever is appropriate at the time. Its so funny - he comes home and tells me all this like I'm his best mate, yet he KNOWS its me phoning the Police. I'm beginning to think he has a real alcohol problem or he's bipolar or something - its like he's two different people.

Ah well.

I slipped/fell over on my walk this morning - it wasn't a dog in the way this time like my other falls, this time I just slid on the ground which is very slippery after the rain - and I fell flat on my face down a slope. I thought I'd broken my nose but it looks okay - I'm covered in grazes and bruises and I think one of my front teeth is loose. I was a lot shaken up but after a hot shower and something to eat I'm pretty much okay now even though I look like I've been in a traffic accident.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 05:39 AM   #199  

Oh! Poor you!

Awful isn't it when that happens!
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 06:12 AM   #200  

S/C/G: 176/162/119

Oh Sarah that's terrible! How is your tooth and nose now?

Well done on the 20 miles Helen, I'm very impressed. I haven't run in over a week now and I'm miserable about it.

My new bike saddle arrived this morning. I can't wait to get home and try it out . I really hope that this is the one!

I reached 11 stone on Saturday, which is not my "official" weigh-in day. When I weighed myself today ("official" day), I was back to 11 stone 2 When is that number going to go down?

Last edited by Pachyderm; 08-14-2006 at 08:30 AM.
Pachyderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 11:15 AM   #201  
Consistency + Balance

The tooth is still loose and so's the one next to it. My dentist retired and nobody took over so I haven't got a dentist and I can't find one with vacancies for ANY kind of patient - certainly not a national health one! I was given the phone number of a central referral place but even they couldn't help. I'm not sure what I'm going to do now.

The bruising is coming out nicely - I've got a black eye and assorted other bruises, grazes and puffed up bits.

DH thinks its funny.
Old 08-14-2006, 01:18 PM   #202  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Hello everyone

Another grey old day here.

Sarah you big eejit you are as bad as myself I am a bit of a faller!! Hope your ok its horrid when you fall. Hope your not too sore take care ok.

Patchy 11 will be here soon.

I must get to the gym.

Michele
micheleherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 01:19 PM   #203  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Hope you get your tooth sorted out and that the bruises aren't too painful.

Tonight is attempt no2 to get a new gas meter. This time they don't seem to have been while I was at work (although confusingly the electricity meter people did come), so fingers crossed they actually turn up this evening.

My quads still ache, but I'm hoping another night's sleep will see them right and I can run a bit better in the morning.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 05:05 AM   #204  
Consistency + Balance

I'm alive... just! DH took me to the doctor yesterday evening because he thought I looked like I had concussion but the doctor thought it was just shock. He's given me some painkillers and tranquillisers to get me to the dentist. He looked at DH a bit strangely and it wasn't until afterwards we realised he might have thought DH had been knocking me about.

Anyway - managed to find a dentist - the problems with that are a) he only does private and its gonna cost a fortune, b) I have got an appointment for this afternoon - surely if he was any good he wouldn't be able to see me today and c) I am scared of dentists (almost phobic) and it took me ages to find the last one who was lovely - so I'm shaking like a leaf.

My loose teeth seem to have gotten looser since the swelling on my face started to go down.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:20 AM   #205  

S/C/G: 201/201/175

Height: 5FT11

Hi everyone......

Sorry to read aout your fall Sarah and the following probs.
I don`t know about your local hospital but ours does a sit and wait nhs dentist surgery for people with no dentist. It might be worth a phone call to enquire. Just a thought but maybe it`s too late now and you`re all fixed up.

So far so good eating wise this week..have been very good with lots of excercise and sleep!
Fingers crossed for Thursday am.
Kim
kim.bell3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 11:26 AM   #206  

Hello

Went to the hospital with my father he was told today he has Prostate Cancer. He took the news as I thought he would calmly and concerned as to whether he would still be able to drink Guiness! He can't have radiotherapy as he had a good dose of it five years ago when he had neck cancer it would be dangerous to have it again. So today he was started on hormone treatment.

My father seems fine and thanked the doctor for being honest and explaining things so clearly to him which she did. I feel ok it wasn't a total surprise to me as looking at my father to me it is plain something was going on somehwere. He will have a bone scan also to check it hasn't spread. I pray to god it hasn't.

Anyway before I go all maudlin hope your all well.

Sarah - glad you've been checked out by the GP thats some fall you must have taken.

Take good care everyone

Michele
Old 08-15-2006, 11:26 AM   #207  

Hello

Went to the hospital with my father he was told today he has Prostate Cancer. He took the news as I thought he would calmly and concerned as to whether he would still be able to drink Guiness! He can't have radiotherapy as he had a good dose of it five years ago when he had neck cancer it would be dangerous to have it again. So today he was started on hormone treatment.

My father seems fine and thanked the doctor for being honest and explaining things so clearly to him which she did. I feel ok it wasn't a total surprise to me as looking at my father to me it is plain something was going on somehwere. He will have a bone scan also to check it hasn't spread. I pray to god it hasn't.

Anyway before I go all maudlin hope your all well.

Sarah - glad you've been checked out by the GP thats some fall you must have taken.

Take good care everyone

Michele
Old 08-15-2006, 01:39 PM   #208  

Sorry to hear about your Dad Michele.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 05:56 PM   #209  

Aw Michele - you just be there for him, that's all you can do.

My dad had a diagnosis of prostate cancer about 5 years ago. The treatments they give every 12 weeks I think it is, have kept it in check, to some extent although he fell very ill in June and almost died before they realised he had anemia - which has now been put right. He is 80, and has lost a lot of his mobility now but until a couple of months ago, he was right as rain. Even now, he's in no pain. They say that most older men with prostate cancer live with it for many years - and die of something else. My brother's father-in-law also has it, and he too has been pretty well OK with the 12 weekly injections, for several years now. They have to time it very precisely though so make sure he keeps his appointments and gets there on the right day, every time.
PhatPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 01:13 AM   #210  

Michelle I'm so sorry to hear about your dad.

I'm well, still plodding along, about to tear out to the gym, it's 6.15 and grey and yucky looking outside. Blech.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote