UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 08-08-2006, 08:32 AM   #106  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Mmmmmmmmmmmm - I get the sleepies as well - thats a problem with carbs. Its getting the balance right thats difficult.

I'm having houmous & spinach salad - probably with a wholemal pitta bread cos I'm hungry - for lunch with a great big nectarine to follow.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 08:43 AM   #107  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

hummous! I forgot my hummous today! I'm being restrictive (or was when I packed my lunch!) but it's SO NICE! I might grab some on the way to kickboxing.
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 08:53 AM   #108  
Consistency + Balance

Oh bognor! The post has just arrived. Does anyone know what a 'pot luck' is? I've been invited to one by someone I don't like very much to celebrate her daughter's 18th - and she's not the sort of person I want to phone and ask about it.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:59 AM   #109  
aka Superwoman!

you take a dish of your chosing - it's an American thang!

A bit like BYOB but you bring your own food!
Old 08-08-2006, 10:59 AM   #110  
aka Superwoman!

OMG - this is so funny and TYPICAL of a man!

I've been trying to rearrange this belt test thing and I've been phoning Lee and his phone's been switched off since Sunday, I was getting slightly worried, so I sent a text to another guy asking if he'd heard from Lee.

First of all he tried to tell me he'd moved to America for a year! Right.

Then it turns out Lee's lost his phone - I bet it's under the tiles in his bathroom! I'll see him tonight then I was getting slightly worried that his wife was ill again or something, or that I wouldn't be getting my belt dammit!
Old 08-08-2006, 11:12 AM   #111  
Consistency + Balance

Bring your own dinner???? And the invite says at the bottom to bring a bottle, too .... how tight can you get??? AND we'll need to take a pressie for the birthday girl. AND I'll need a new outfit unless I borrow something from stock.

Well... I think the bring your own dinner thing is sorted out - and dinner for the next month - Mr Chav (for some reason I haven't gotten to the bottom of) has just delivered to me a 25kg box of frozen cod! He did recently ask whether I liked fish, so I s'pose its my own fault.

Does anyone have any nice low fat cod recipes????
Old 08-08-2006, 11:18 AM   #112  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Ann
Oh bognor! The post has just arrived. Does anyone know what a 'pot luck' is? I've been invited to one by someone I don't like very much to celebrate her daughter's 18th - and she's not the sort of person I want to phone and ask about it.
Jen's right Sarah, it's a bring your own dish sort of thing, however, I had a giggle reading her comment as I could see people (and have seen at one do I went to) turning up with a plate of their dinner to eat where as the actual fact (and I'm sure you figured this out without me having to say anything) is that you make enough for everyone...like potato salad, coleslaw, or the likes.

The woman who brought her own plate of dinner, laughed the experience off, but she was very and that was a shame seeing as she didn't know in the first place.

I haven't exercised with gym equiptment in over a week, I have been breaking balls with getting this house sorted for the packers next week though, couple of panic moments cos of doing it on my own, but it'll all be ok.

Hi Cat.where ya bin???

Ooooooo, just remembered, left my coffee outside, must drink before heading the the PO.
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 01:53 PM   #113  
Consistency + Balance

Chris, so it would be sort of something like sausage rolls or quiche - not a hot dish?

Oh, I SO don't want to go - this is the woman who warned DH off of me when we first met - and then went to warn me off of DH when her first plan didn't work.

The other problem, of course, is what do you buy an 18 year old who you hardly know? (No.... I'm not buying DH's suggestion of a year's supply of condoms!!!!!!!)
Old 08-08-2006, 02:33 PM   #114  

not been here for a while.. we are both strss out.. my new boss i think will be a complete @rse... and shes is new in post.. so making the point known... that she is the boss...

the mrs is off stressed .. an her boss is saying that its unsual to be signed of for 4 weeks etc... when is she coming back!

were off camping in cornwall on tues... for a few weeks.. will go n stay with jens mum n dad 4 a few days.. n get looked after... and probably cry a lot... that what we are doing at the mo... just @ random stuff.... lol..

trying to get into see a dr to change my drugs... got pain... and the ones i was taking were making my heart rate a little um low... to 45.. haha.. just about felt it... ho hopefully a break will sort us out..we havent been away since last sept...

hope you are all keeping up the good work.. i managed to loose 3lb... (thats 2 weeks worth as i missed last week) quite pleased as i ate lots of sausages and went to wagamamma n had pudding (shared tho! lol.. ) .... got away with it this once lol..

enjoy the sun..... keep up the good work !
lou xx
lou1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 03:21 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Good evening everyone

Glad to hear your all well.

I love hummous but my family always moan about my breath afterwards.

Had a lovely day today we went to the coast I ate too much and sat in
the sun and watched the sea. The boys went looking for crabs yuk.

Sarah I don't eat fish but they they say its great for you all that omega 3
mularky reduces the risks of strokes and stuff. God above only knows what you will do with that lot though!! Maybe a fish dish for the party.

Just been round to see if my mother is ok. She has got so big bless her
its that anti psychotic medication she has to take. Its strange because
naturally she is a tiny thing. Never ever was more than eight stone. But after
she got put on medication the fat just piled on. She is short like myself
and has the body I used to have big fat tummy. She said to me she thought
she might be ten stone now!! I said mother your surely heading for 13 or 14
stone she laughed and said ooooh am I fat!! My father comes back tomorrow
she says she cannot wait.

No exercise at all today bold girl aren't I. I will head for the gym first thing
I think get it over and done with. Then take the boys out afterwards.

Anyway enjoy the rest of your evening everyone.

Michele
micheleherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 03:22 PM   #116  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Jen, you are NOT a whale.

5 miles this morning, and fingers crossed the knee problem seems to be sorting itself out with the new shoes, it was nowhere near as painful during the day as it usually is.

In Sheffield all day, eating passable. I had to laugh when a colleague said that I must have to be really careful with my eating with the marathon training... and then I admitted to the three breakfasts I had this morning (cereal bar before run, porridge after run and before shower and wholemeal toast after shower when I realised I was still too hungry to make it through til lunch in the meeting! I'll never do low carb at this rate...). I've been to a work cricket thing this evening, had a couple of shandies but came back to cook some proper food rather than raiding the buffet, plus it was getting a bit cold and rainy for my liking.

Early night tonight I think, in an attempt to psyche myself up for the 8 miler tomorrow. I know I can run it, I'm just nervous in case my knee or hip goes again.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 03:28 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Sorry I didn't see the page with the posts from Frus.

You most definitely are not a whale you big eejit. We get those days when we feel like Orca. You are gorgeous really and truly you are. You have a good few months before the wedding and even if you don't lose another pound you will still look beautiful. Your just having a fat old day we all get them.

Helen good luck with that run tomorrow.

Michele
micheleherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 04:53 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 123kg/110/90

Height: 165cm

frus, if you're a whale then I'm a planet! I saw your pics and you look lovely.

Good news, I just got made permanent at my job. They also gave me a raise and said they'd pay for my studies!

Diet and exercise are going well too. My hub said I look quite a bit smaller to him now and I've noticed several changes myself. I think another stone or two and people at work might finally notice.
geekykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 06:10 PM   #119  

Frus you are not a whale. You look great in the dress all you need is M&S shapers undies if you feel bad about it although you don't look like you need anything. Love the invites btw
impossible princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 07:42 PM   #120  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Ann
Chris, so it would be sort of something like sausage rolls or quiche - not a hot dish?

Oh, I SO don't want to go - this is the woman who warned DH off of me when we first met - and then went to warn me off of DH when her first plan didn't work.

The other problem, of course, is what do you buy an 18 year old who you hardly know? (No.... I'm not buying DH's suggestion of a year's supply of condoms!!!!!!!)
Sarah, a quiche or sausage rolls (am drooling now, so hard to find over here and I can't really make them) are just fine.

That woman sounds horrible....I take it she was after your lovely man back then? She'll be well jealous when she sees you all slim and trim again with him

Get the child a gift card from a dress shop or somewhere....teenagers usually hate the things we olduns buy them nowadays, so a few pounds and pence on a gift card, and they can get what ever they want...that's what I do for all the kids I have to buy for nowadays. It's a lot easier than traipsing around trying to find something they've asked for or probably not too
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote