UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 08-22-2006, 08:53 AM   #301  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I shall see what I can do....
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 08:55 AM   #302  

S/C/G: 176/162/119

Men often tip their saddles backwards - not entirely sure why, maybe to take pressure of arms?

Padded shorts are also good
Pachyderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 08:57 AM   #303  

S/C/G: 176/162/119

I love my road bike. Once you get used to the position (and the saddle ), you can go really fast and it feels like a dream. Mountain bikes are fine, but IMO should stick to the off-road stuff they do best
Pachyderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 08:58 AM   #304  
aka Superwoman!

I have some padded shorts - and am ordering more! I'm taking advantage of the free postage!
Old 08-22-2006, 10:19 AM   #305  

I'm sending mail I don't like it! I'm going to sit on my envelopes until they pass the new thickness thing for small letters.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 10:20 AM   #306  
aka Superwoman!

Old 08-22-2006, 11:37 AM   #307  

Whoever thought up - re The post- needs their head seeing to!

It is ok at work, ours doesn't go via Royal mail but something else - no idea and don't really care but sending out personal stuff - oh my head will explode! Mum (bless her) tried to explain it to me. I just thought "Whatever"....
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:42 AM   #308  
aka Superwoman!

We have a book about it at work.

I haven't read it. I don't care, I shall just use stamps like I do and when it gets to the other end they can pay any surcharge!
Old 08-22-2006, 11:51 AM   #309  
aka Superwoman!

My heart feels heavy

Can I have guidance on how serious people think this is? Is it a matter I should really be mad at DF for, or should we all try and get over it? Today I'm not sure I have anything to say to him. About anything. He e-mailed this morning and I didn't reply (it didn't really need a reply but I usually chat with him over e-mail), then he rang up to see what I was doing and if I was ok. I've had mum texting to see if I was ok. She's been talking about it with her friend who's DF's age and male. He sees the world very black and white and doesn't forgive in a hurry. I can only imagine what he said.

I think I'm going to talk to Lee tonight about it, just to maybe get a man's perspective or I dunno, just someone who's opinion I value and I can see their reaction!

Do you think it's just timing that's making this seem bigger than it is? Like, how can he do this when we're about to send out wedding invitations... What would I do if we weren't getting married? Would I leave or stay or be mad or is it really no big deal?

At the moment I don't want to go home, but it's easier to run away isn't it?
Old 08-22-2006, 12:27 PM   #310  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

I was lucky with the postage thing - I took a guess at what my P&P should be for my eBay stuff and I was only 15p out. Its a stupid system. They should either work on weight or dimension but not try and mix the two.

I got flashed at once when I was little (about 4 or 5) at the Ideal Home Exhibition - but I didn't know what it was that this bloke was sort of waving at me and trying to brush my hand with. It didn't worry me but the whole incident sort of lodged in my mind and it was only as I got older that I realised that I'd been perved.

I moved away from South London about 20 years ago - I lived in a nice quiet road but my house got burgled twice in six months and the two women that rented the top part of my house from me were regularly being mugged - it all got too much for me - so I moved out to Maidstone (which was very quiet then) and only popped back to visit my Mum - since she died I have never been back and probably never will.

My big bum saddle is great. Very comfortable and worth ever penny I spent on it. No more numb bits!

Just back from my lovely day out in the Peak District and lunch at the farm cafe place and then filling up my freezer in the shop.

I had to smile - the farm cafe has one great big outside table for everyone to sit at. There was about 10 women already at the table when we sat down - the talk was all about diets (but they were eating yummy home made cakes with coffe with marshmallows and whipped cream and sprinkles on the top!) A moment later a silver tanker the size of a petrol tanker pulled in round the side road to the carpark and all the women stared at it and groaned. We had our back to it so we couldn't figure out what the problem was - until I noticed that the tanker had the words 'Temperature Controlled - Liquid Chocolate' painted in small words on the side. The driver had come for his break so they had to just sit and gaze at it. One woman looked like she was going to burst in to tears and the woman sat next to me was absolutely drooling...
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 12:33 PM   #311  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Frus, what could DF do that could change anything now? I don't think there is anything and there is only just so many times that one person can apologise.

Now - if you think there is more to it than him overreacting this one time then you really do need to think whether you two have got a future together. As with everything else, it boils down to a question of trust - do you trust him completely?

Much as I love DH I know that I couldn't live with him if he had the potential to be violent - especially if it wasn't as the result of violence being shown towards him. Like.... I would accept DH retaliating if someone had hit me or him first - but not if he were to throw the first punch. (If you see what I mean.)

Either way you really need to sit down and talk to him about your feelings and uncertainties - you owe him that.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 12:34 PM   #312  

S/C/G: 174/148/138

Height: 5' 9"

I'm all excited, 24 hours until I go bog trotting/mud wading/paddling at Reading Festival its Reading no 19 for me

Last edited by Moo :); 08-22-2006 at 01:00 PM.
Moo :) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 02:38 AM   #313  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I've decided the worst thing about marathon training isn't the long runs - it's the sheer relentlessness of it and the worst ones are the short ones after the long ones when your legs are still screaming for mercy when you get out of bed before you even set foot outside. Still, I managed about 3.4 miles yesterday and 4.4 today.

Mum's arriving from Spain today, she's set off from Gran Canaria but has to change in Madrid and Heathrow to get to Manchester (no direct flights on a Wednesday) so she'll be a while yet! Then we're off down to London on Saturday and Prague on Sunday so it will probably be a weekend off running which will be a nice break for a change!

I was very good at the drinks thing last night - they only had nibbles but I stuck to the raw veg bits rather than the nuts and tortilla chips so I feel very virtuous. I did have a little champagne though Then round to see the Americans, and back just in time to make my salad for today and fall into bed. Busy busy!
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 03:34 AM   #314  
aka Superwoman!

I think we're ok. I don't think he's got the potential to be violent - I think it was a case of over-reaction and he has apologised and feels mighty guilty. It was very out of character for him, I don't know where it came from. DF wasn't saying anything about it last night, which I think is for the best, since I just want to forget about it. He has a second chance, but not a third.

I spent an hour before kickboxing beating heck out of the heavy bag, then I got beaten up by some big bully brutes in class I've got a dead leg.

My neck/shoulder thing is feeling better. I actually managed to lie on my side and cuddle last night
Old 08-23-2006, 04:41 AM   #315  

2 frus - It is really up to you. I think he is suitably chastened. The other bit -eg getting fed up going to visit your mother and getting antsy about when he can eat - well that is very male. Part of it may be the fact that he is 'sharing' you with someone even if it is your mum! My dad was like that with us kids - he even used to stand at the kitchen door blocking our way!! He and my aunt are the same - jealous of each other!! Mum thinks it is hilarious.

As long as you have a heart to heart and let him know how you feel and there are some things you will not tolerate - then you have let him know how you feel.

Best to put it behind you now.
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote