UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 08-05-2006, 07:12 AM   #61  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Arghhhh I wish you hadn't mentioned the T word - I'm going to be singing Moon River all blummin day now!

What a shame about the grading - I hope his tiles fall off the wall!

Have fun on the climbing frame.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 07:14 AM   #62  
Consistency + Balance

Woops - cross posted with you Kylie - sounds like an exciting day. Why do men always think women can clean better than them? Could it be because we just try harder?
Old 08-05-2006, 08:09 AM   #63  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I feel like I'm going to die! I managed the 18 mile run (or it was something like that, over 16.5 at least, I haven't measured it yet). The first 8 miles were great, like last week, then my hip started nagging at about the same point. It wasn't as bad this time though so I switched to a run/walk strategy, and just as I started running again after the first walk break I tripped on something and went flying! I could have given up at that point, but I decided I wasn't going to let the 18 miler beat me again after last Sunday, so I just carried on with the run/walk plan. Towards the end I was walking far more than I was running, but the important thing for me at this stage is covering the distance not how I do it. I just want to get round, good times and running all the way can wait for another time. I was really flagging towards the end, and think I definitely need to use gels on the way round as well as energy drink, but I made it back home eventually. I think I'll have a bath to get rid of the blood and dirt from my hands and knees, then it's onto chores - the supermarket and going for some more running shoes - the only problem is that I REALLY don't fancy venturing onto the treadmill or trying any of them out!!!
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 12:49 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 123kg/110/90

Height: 165cm

Sarah Ann: I'm just eating healthier in general, low-fat and low-cal, averaging 1700 calories at the mo. Typical day is Special K for brekky, turkey sandwich on wholemeal bread and a cup of veggie soup for lunch, pasta with light tomato sauce and a salad for supper.

Pachyderm: Nice to see another Browncoat!
geekykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 02:26 PM   #65  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

I have new running shoes now, with a bit more cushioning than my current ones so I'll see whether that helps. I actually managed to have a sensible discussion about my running habits without feeling like an imposter! I just about managed a couple of little runs to try the shoes out.

I'm not feeling too good this afternoon though, I'm tired and sluggish and I wonder whether I've got a bug coming on or whether I just haven't eaten enough yet today. I couldn't summon up any enthusiasm for food shopping and coming up with exciting menus for next week, and I'm not even tempted (yet) by my "celebrate getting 18 miles out of the way" treat of pizza and wine

Hopefully I'll feel a bit better tomorrow.
Old 08-05-2006, 02:51 PM   #66  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

Oh, the other thing is, I'm considering doing a parachute jump Not sure whether I can afford it, but I'm getting strangely tempted...
Old 08-05-2006, 03:40 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 194/151/147

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone, newbie sneeking in, I hope that's okay.

Congratulations on the 18 miles, Helen - I couldn't dream of going that far. Maybe if you want to parachute you should look into doing it for charity - usually if you get enough sponsorship money you can do it for free.
positively poots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 05:28 PM   #68  

Hi Poots, welcome, nice to see more newbies in the chat thread!

We have a toaster, it's a very sexy white and chrome number, I think poor dh was using the will to live as we went to Argo, Wilkinson's then finally Comet, where we found one that was pretty and not too dear. Women can also shop better than men!

Our landlord came today, he's so lovely, to suss out the pit of despair that is our bathroom. Apparently the decorators are coming sometime, hopefully before Santa comes down the chimney, and definitely before the Easter bunny puts in an appearance, that's the most I'm willing to narrow it down to!

I've alked to day, but nothing else. my poor feet are shredded. Every summer I get some sort of rash, and this year it's causing all my skin to peel off the bottoms of my feet. Makes weight bearing exercise fairly painful. I'm swimming tomorrow morning, gotta swim more than I talk tomorrow
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 06:06 PM   #69  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

This is the parachute thing. It's not just a vague "oh, I might do a jump" thought, it's some people I know who are already planning to do it and want to know if I want to go along, so I'm not sure I'd be able to sort charity stuff out. It's the week before Berlin which could be good (in that I'm meant to be tapering anyway, so it will take my mind off running), but I'm not sure whether I fancy breaking both my legs the week before Also, I'm still not sure I can afford it.

I will claim a NSV though in that I can do it. The weight restrictions are pretty tight. At my height 12 stone is a healthy weight, but that's the weight cut off for women (AND you can't be overweight, so if you're shorter it would be less, I'm guessing). If I was taller I wouldn't even be able to be at say a BMI of 24.8 because I'd be too heavy. They weigh you to enforce the rule! I'm trying to resist the thought that I should do it now while I can, because of course I'm intending to maintain this weight for many years Actually, thinking about it, the real NSV is that I wasn't bothered about checking the weight restrictions until someone mentioned it - because I assumed I'd be OK! I no longer think fat!

Last edited by YP1; 08-05-2006 at 06:30 PM.
Old 08-06-2006, 07:29 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Hello everyone I am knackered.

Yesterday a friend and I headed into London for the Constable exhibition
at the Tate National. Anyway I won't go on tubes, so we decided that from
Kings Cross we would get a bus. Anyway the buses were packed so we ended
up getting a bus to Marble Arch where we found a massive peace demo
going on. A march demanding a ceasefire in the Lebenon. My friend and
decided to have a walk with them. There was a great atmosphere and people
were protesting very peacefully. However at one point the march became
very bottlenecked and I began to feel a big panicky and then to top it all
all thes men and women starting screaming " we are Hezbollah"!!! Anyway
after a while we ducked out of the march and got very very lost and didn't
arrive at the exhibition until 5pm and it closed at 6pm.

After the exhibition we carried on walking along the Thames then went
for a drink then for something to eat. Got back to Herts about 12.30pm.

Friday my friends and I and the children spent the most wonderful day in
Cambridge.

This morning I've been round to sort my mother out, as my father is in
Kerry for the week. I bought her round here for breakfast but she woudn't
really settle as she likes to be near the phone for when my father phones!!

Lovely to hear all your news.

Michele
micheleherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 01:10 PM   #71  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

protestors!!! I have lots of pictures from yesterday - I took my camera for a walk, but I couldn't see the new tubey trains being brought in since they had cancelled in light of the march

Been for a good 6 miler today with DF moaning most of the way! I can now outrun him! HA HA HA!

Tomorrow I am going to see my friend and do wedding invites, so won't be google-eyed in front of the computer!!! I might also get my grading done if Mr Bathroom gets his arse in gear!

See you all lighter
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 01:18 PM   #72  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

I'm very proud of myself, I managed to drag myself to the gym.

My hip and knee were painful all night and I knew I wasn't going to run before breakfast. I walked to the shop to get a newspaper, went back to bed and read it. I kept on telling myself that I might do something before lunch, but knew I wouldn't. I had lunch. This was the make or break point, I was sitting around feeling sorry for myself when suddenly I got myself into gear and realised that even if my hip hurts there's other stuff I can do, and sitting around all day isn't how I got thin.

Then a miracle happened. I put my shorts on and suddenly I felt so much better. I almost felt enthusiastic. I got to the gym and did a 30 minute run on the treadmill and 20 minutes on the bike, together with some leg strengthening exercises, and it was nowhere near as bad as I'd been thinking. My hip didn't twinge at all on the run, but I didn't want to push it today. I'm so glad I actually managed to persuade myself to put my gym gear on, from that moment I seemed to be far less miserable, and I'm so glad I've got some decent exercise done.
Old 08-06-2006, 04:52 PM   #73  

I went to the pool this morning, and did a long swim, it was lovely, and I really enjoyed it. Then my dh took me out for tapas, and then for a long walk in the park, and home again. It was a very pleasant afternoon. I am really bushed now, not sure why I'm so tired. And I'm not hungry. I'm always hungry! I made dh an omlette for tea but I haven't had anything. Really odd!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 06:00 AM   #74  
Consistency + Balance

Michele - How scary that must have been! (Both the Hezbollah thing AND getting lost in London on foot.)

Helen - I get hip twinges, especially the evening after I've done a legs workout at the gym - I put it down to advancing old age but that can't be your problem. I usually find it wears off during my walk the following morning - it doesn't really go away until I've had my rest day. Ibrufen helps.

Jen - Men My DH is like that! He can't seem to understand that of course I can out exercise him because I practice at it every day and he only manages once a week (if that!) I hope you get your grading done soon.

I was right - my milestone pressie was it was a pretty white gold heart necklace with pink stones - hope the picture thingy works - just got to have the chain shortened is it HUGELY long!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pressie.jpg (43.1 KB, 8 views)
Old 08-07-2006, 07:24 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 194/151/147

Height: 5'7"

The necklace is really lovely and well earned!
positively poots is offline   Reply With Quote