UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 08-18-2006, 10:02 AM   #256  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Honestly - what an accident-prone lot
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 04:28 AM   #257  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Are you okay, Veggie? We do seem to be accident prone!

I'm feeling more like myself today. I think the large amount of local anaesthetic (sp??) was making me feel Strange - I don't normally feel hungry but after that fainting thing at the dentist I have been hungry ALL the time even straight after eating. This morning it seems to have sorted itself out and I'm back to normal. After all that I only lost 1lb!!

I'm very sad today - a good friend of mine had two lovely boy Boxer dogs, one 8 and one 10. About a week ago the older one chased a rabbit across a road and got hit by a car and killed. They let the younger dog have a good look at his friend (as you should) and then buried the older one in his favourite sunbathing spot in the back garden. The younger one has spent the last week crying, howling and refusing to eat - they've been to the vets for tranquillisers - even moved him round to her in-laws for a couple of nights - but nothing helped. Yesterday evening he asked for a big fuss and cuddle from both his owners then he went out in the garden, laid down on where they buried his friend... and died. SO SAD! I cried and cried.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 04:46 AM   #258  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Animals like humans can die of broken hearts. Thats very sad Sarah.

I am up early today. The boys are going up to London with their father I am staying home. I should go to the gym really but the house needs a good going over. I got very dull in my old age.

I must go and make some brekkie.

Take good care everyone

Michele
micheleherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 01:11 PM   #259  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Hello everyone, I'm feeling more alive now. I was out at the rugby last night and only got in late, but I've had a nice relaxed day today and done a bit of pampering with a nice bath and face mask etc. I've also been reading my Berlin guidebook trying to get a bit of background about all the things I'll be running past

Fairly early night tonight I think, I've got a 30k race tomorrow morning, then I'm going over to see a friend who lives in the town in Derbyshire where the race is being held to see her new house and have some lunch. I've warned her it might be quite a late lunch depending on how long it takes me to finish!!!
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 06:27 AM   #260  

S/C/G: 266/229/150

Height: 5ft7

Hope the race goes well, make sure you enjoy it and the time with your friend too
Neleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 06:34 AM   #261  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Good morning to you all.

Good luck with the race Helen.

I've just had a fried egg cooked in a smidge of olive oil in a granary roll it was gorgeous.

Went to an eighties night oh it was so good. I am an eighties girl that was when I was young and out every night till late and up for work the next day oh those were the days!!! We danced loads and when we came out we all went in that Subway and had a roll. I am a vegatarian so mine was full of salad but it was just delicious as I was starved as I'd had a few vodkas.
This morning I weighed myself and the scales said nine stone 13 and half pounds.

Today I am off to an Irish club with my father to watch Gaelic footie Kerry v Cork. The boys are off to a country show with their grandmother and hubby says he is going to enjoy the peace!!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend

Michele
micheleherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 07:27 AM   #262  
Consistency + Balance

Michele - WELL DONE on being in the 9s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Helen - Good luck with the race and have a lovely time with your friend.

Just been doing some retail therapy on eBay - I got this stupid idea in my head that I shouldn't buy anything more in a 16 (unless its Monsoon which comes up small) so I bought/won some cool weather stuff in size 14. I'm regretting it now. I can just see it - unless my weightloss picks up very quickly - I'm gonna be nekkid come the first howling winds or snow of the winter.

The dogs and I had a lovely walk (loads of rabbits to chase) followed by a very leisurely brekkie of porridge topped with blueberries - then, after a break for eBay shopping, I dug out my Davina workout DVD. I'd forgotten that I had it! I was getting stressed about not being able to go to aerobics tomorrow and not knowing how long all this dental stuff is going to go on for I thought I'd better get an aerobics DVD on eBay. I was just about to buy the Davina one when I remembered that I already had it! D'oh! Anyway - I did the Pump workout which was okay but not as good as going to class. The dogs thought it was highly amusing and tried to join in so I had to lock them in the hall. Next time I think I'll do two of the sections one after the other - 30 mins just doesn't seem long enough.
Old 08-20-2006, 02:03 PM   #263  

I'm exhausted. I have been watching the V festival on tv since 3. It's very tiring.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 02:48 PM   #264  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

That was hard!!! It was very hilly, and the surface was slippy so it was as hard to go downhill as it was to go uphill. Once you've broken your ankle once you don't want to risk doing it again! (Plus I'd rather not follow Sarah's lead and need to visit a dentist!). I knew it was hilly, but the one thing they didn't publicise on anything other than the finishers t-shirt was that the total ascent was something over 2000 feet. Still, I'm relatively happy, even though I can run 30k or so in 3 hours I set myself a target of 4 hours to finish because of the hills, and I finished in about 3:45 so I wasn't too slow. I'm just hoping that the reviews of last year's race are right when they said that it's harder than a marathon!

I had a lovely lunch with my friend, spinach lasagne with salad and blackberry and apple crumble. I came home with some of her homemade blackberry jam and some fresh blackberries (they've got tons of the things!), now I'm having a celebratory glass or two of wine and hoping not to have to move very far in the near future.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 04:21 AM   #265  
aka Superwoman!

So sad about those boxers Sarah

Well done on your tremendous race Helen!!!

We were in Yorkshire the weekend, and I ran 7.5 miles up hill and down dale! I actually ran most of it, even the hilly bits! I'm very proud! Took me 2 hours though!!! That's a 4 hour half-marathon time! I am NOT going to be last!!!!

Had a little bit of upset in the old family sitch, so things are a bit wobbly at the moment.

Off to the docs next with my poorly shoulder. We shall see what he says. Probably "take these and don't come back"!!!!
Old 08-21-2006, 04:25 AM   #266  

Well done with the race, its always good when we beat a traget we set for ourselves.

I had a great weekend, Saturday Chris and I went into Birmingham and did some shopping, it seems that everybody I know has a birthday in September, so it was quite an expensive shopping spree. Didn't get any clothes, but i got some make up bargains. Also got some fake tan, I haven't plucked up the courage to use it yet, scared of smears hehe, but I think I'll give it a go on my legs tonight, that way I can cover it up if needed.

Saturday night we played Singstar on the ps2 the two of us, sounds silly but it was a great laugh.

Sunday we chilled out, chatted alot, and watched Starsky and Hutch in the evening. I was quite tired on Sunday and had a bit of a sleep in the afternoon. I gave myself a couple of days off exercising, and felt great for it today when I got up to work out, had loads of energy this morning
Old 08-21-2006, 06:22 AM   #267  
Consistency + Balance

Owww owwwwwwww OWWWWWWWWWWW - lesson learned!!! I will never attempt to do all three sections of the Davina DVD one after the other.... I think I may have ruptured something vital during the last core section.

Frus - I hope the family thing isn't too serious and mends quickly. Well done with the running - excellent time! Whats wrong with your shoulder? Whats this thing with shoulders at the moment! DH has got a frozen shoulder at the moment - kind of trapped nerve thing we think.

I'm going to the dentist (again) this afternoon - the old Visa card is starting to look a bit melted around the edges! This time I'm going to have something very substantial to eat before I go - I don't want to end up like I did last time.

Neleh, those quiet, relaxing days with just the two of us are the ones I love the most. DH's day off this week is tomorrow and we are planning taking the dogs for a walk in the Peak District followed by a farm lunch. I just hope it doesn't rain too much.

The friend who lost the Boxers has decided to get herself a black lab puppy. It seems a bit quick to me - I don't think she's had a chance to mourn losing the other two so close together but she feels she can't live without a dog in her life. We found out that George's only full brother has sired a litter of puppies which are ready now so she's going to have one of them.

Yayyyy - the Chavs have gone to Majorca for a fortnight.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:29 AM   #268  

S/C/G: 176/162/119

Morning everyone

Sarah that is so terribly sad about the dogs. It's made me worry about my dogs as Josh is 6 years younger than Barney so he'll almost certainly lose his best friend too

My cat is injured at the moment. He has ripped his cruciate ligament and one of the others in his knee and probably needs surgery to reattach them. Poor little thing is in a lot of pain.

On the plus side I have finally entered the 10stones (10st 13lbs)! Hopefully for the last time , and I ran yesterday and completed the 5k distance. My heels were pretty sore afterwards, but now I know I can do it so I'm happier about the race in 2 weeks time. I'm going to concentrate on cycling and rowing until then so that my fitness is good but I'm not injuring my heels again - after all my first goal is just to finish the race.

So I cycled to work today. I wasn't going to, I was going to give myself a day for my legs to recover after the run, but the car wouldn't start . I arrived in work after 10am in a sweaty mess and I really raced to get here! Boss isn't around this morning though so it doesn't look like I'm in trouble. Now I have no option but to cycle this week!

Hope everyone has a good day
Pachyderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 06:40 AM   #269  

Pachyderm well done on getting under 11 stone, that's brilliant. Cycling to work is something I'd really like to do, but I have to drop my husband at work in the morning (he can't drive). I'll have to stick with my exercise bike.

I hope the dentist goes better Sarah, I hate going to the dentist, and I know I should go, but I just am too scared too, I'll probably need more work doing as a result of waiting so long.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:32 AM   #270  
aka Superwoman!

I think it's ok to get a dog straight away. We did that with the cats - we went out and got one the very next day since we couldn't live with a cat-free house.

My shoulder kinda hurts under/behind my collar bone. I first injured it about a year ago smacking someone in the head! The doctor asked how I'd injured it, so I told him, performing a right hook to someone's head! He liked that! He's mad as nits! Anyways, he thinks it's my neck, which is better than having a torn rotator cuff methinks! PHEW! I've had a slightly dodgy neck since I had whiplash in 2000 so I know what exercises to do until I actually get to see the physio!

Pachyderm, well done on the 10 stone something! That's great! I've got my road bike down here now. I NEED a new saddle - I'm saddle sore from riding the mile back from the station last night! I'm going to sort that out then hopefully I'll be able to ride to work once or twice a week.

I'm just so lost over this family issue - I think I'll blog about it later. Gah! It'll sort itself out, but I think it'll always be in the back of everyone's minds.