UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 08-10-2006, 11:59 AM   #166  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

That was a tongue in cheek - I think my legs are just slightly less tree-trunky but I still love these dolls!!!

I'm watching one on ebay that has my colouring! I just think it's fab they have huge wierdy legs!!

Off to kick BUTT! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:18 PM   #167  

Am really enjoying the gym on my free pass but not sure whether to join. Really like the staff but it has big drawbacks
1. they don't do morning classes (I like to go before work)
2. I went last night at 7 and had to wait ages for certain machines
3. The pool is a leisure pool so is a bit rubbish

But I do like it. i'd like to join JJB but you have to sign up for at least 6 months and I don't know if I'll be living here in 6 months.
impossible princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:59 PM   #168  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachyderm
Just ordered a new saddle. Checked shipping info before I ordered - said 5 days. After I ordered it said "please allow 14 days for delivery"

I can't wait until I get it I'm very excited!
Delivery dates are annoying. I saw a dvd on amazon marketplace and it said 3-7 days delivery then when I bought it I got an email saying 7 Aug - 22 Aug which is up to 18 days! I need it for a birthday this weekend. I've had another one saying it has left Guernsey... I think it is sending me a message every part of its journey.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 02:22 PM   #169  

That doll's legs reminds me of the time (when I was a size 12, not bad at my height, 5 foot 6) I went shopping for some new jeans on Oxford St. (First and last time I shopped there I can tell you!) The girl in the shop took one look at me and said *Ew, you've got stumpy legs...* I felt like a squirrel, you know, with the thighs? Put me right of wearing jeans forever, that did.
PhatPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 05:20 PM   #170  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Frus, I hope your flight is OK. And those do not look like your legs!

All this talk of bikes is getting me keep to get cycling in to work. Admittedly that would only work on the days I'm not working in Sheffield, and those days seem to be rarer and rarer at the moment. I was a bit off today though, I am working on a deal with an employment partner I haven't worked with before and his approach to contractual negotiations is very different to mine - I really wasn't feeling comfortable with the compromises he was making without really advising the client and his "interesting" approach to drafting (why have me sitting there if he's going to redraft the thing - particularly as my drafting's better!). BUT I stood up for myself and actually acquired a grovelling apology, plus I have a file note which basically blames all the crappy amendments on him if there's any issue with them later...

I think I've decided that on Saturday I'm going to drive to the gym (which is near the station), get the train to Keighley (20 miles up the canal) and run back into Leeds, fall into the pool at the end and then stagger round for the rest of the day.

Tomorrow I'm back in the office, then the rugby. It's my "home" game, so I will just potter up there after work and have a drink or two (but not too many before the Saturday run!). Rest day tomorrow morning, which will be nice.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 06:11 PM   #171  

Quote:
Originally Posted by impossible princess

But I do like it. i'd like to join JJB but you have to sign up for at least 6 months and I don't know if I'll be living here in 6 months.
Princess, check the contract with JJB. I joined in february, they had good small print at the time. Their six months is NOT legally binding and you can in fact cancel at ANY time without penalty. It should still be the same. Check it out. I am with JJB and I love it, most of the time. There are some little things that annoy me, like staff who don't particularly care about fat people (my great trainer, who I got on board finally with what I was trying to achieve, left.) and the design of it is a bit stupid (no toilets in the wet areas - classes at stupid times - a great yoga and pilates studio with what amounts to about 10 hours a week worth of classes) but overall I'm really happy with it.

I've been sorting out my wardrobe for the next round of ebay!

I've been slicing into my fat jeans trying to work out if I can make a skirt out of them.

I've eaten some good chocolate.

Oh, and I have good work news. I have been really fed up with the Back Pain Team that i am on, for many reasons I shan't go into here, and am moving to the Complex case Management Team which shall be right up my alley. There also be cute boys on that team for me to play with!!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 07:06 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Hello everyone

My father is back and bought me back my yummy Tiffens, one of my friends
returned from Menorca and bought me back a Lancome Juicy tube and a big bar of Toblerone. I shall ration them I think.

My belt came from NEXT its lovely red patent!!!

No exercise for me today but the scales are still going down.

Glad your all well

Goodnight godbless

Michele
micheleherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 01:20 AM   #173  

Glad your dad got back ok. I misread that at first and thought your dad had bought you back the Juicy Tube, and was going to ask how you trained him!!! My dad wouldn't have a clue what a Juicy Tube was!!! Bless him!!! I think he thinks we still use cochineal and vaseline to make our lips pink and pretty.

I am not sleeping well. I keep waking and not feeling refreshed when I wake. It's really annoying me!

Off to work today, only 6 weeks to go before i change teams. Woo hoo!
Old 08-11-2006, 01:42 AM   #174  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I have a feeling that the OFT has recently had a go at gyms because of the "unfairness" of their terms and conditions, and that as Kylie says, the 6/12 months might not be as binding as they'd like you to think.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 03:54 AM   #175  
aka Superwoman!

I'm a PURPLE belt!

Just 2 more to go till black!

And that's about it for news... Oh I've put 2 lbs on
Old 08-11-2006, 03:57 AM   #176  

They were really open about it when I joined too. The girl was at great pains to say that the 6 months is desired but they can't make me stick to it. I was quite impressed. I joined a council gym and it was mandatory to join for 12 months, and there was no get out clause at all.

I'm at work and we're talking about prostate massage....oh dear.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:58 AM   #177  

Woo hoo, well done you purple kickboxing, tree trunk owning whale!!!!
Old 08-11-2006, 04:15 AM   #178  
aka Superwoman!

Old 08-11-2006, 04:39 AM   #179  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Good morning everyone

Just had a square of my toblerone for my brekkie.

You are one fine girl Frus!!

Kykaree I have prostates on the brain. Well mainly my father's ewwwwww.
It is playing him up so of course another urgent referral to the hospital. We go Tuesday. I am going with him. I shall scarper of course if there is any mention of any massage.

Hope you've arranged a date with coffee pilot bloke Helen. I love to hear about excitement in someone's life.

My Lancome juicy tube is fantastic. If you girlies havent got one I suggest you get one asap.

Take care everyone

Michele
micheleherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 05:08 AM   #180  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Well done Frus!!!!

Prostate massages.... ewwwwwwwwwwww!!! Doesn't bear thinking about.

DH's employer up their wages run and nobody got paid. Poor DH - he's the only person in today in any kind of a managerial role and the whole workforce is taking it out on him even though that kind of thing is nothing to do with him any more.

Some idiot's been out on the Moors with a gun again - I just hope they were too slow to kill any deer. The bit where I found all the cartridge cases is where a young deer male lives (we call him 'Lunch'). Lunch is very curious and peeks round bushes at me and the dogs so it would probably be easy to shoot him. No sign of blood though - not like last year.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote