UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2004, 11:53 AM   #31  
Must Stay Motivated

have been a bit lazy and pinched a load of cooked no points veg from the pub (downstairs - lol - haven't been to some random pub and stolen - lol) left over from Sunday roast. Not sure what I am going to do with it yet. Have some M&S mash in the fridge which I thought I might use and have some thin sliced roast beef (also from the pub).

Have my sister and best friend coming over tonight. We are going to watch The Rocky Horror Picture show - lol. I have done a couple of naughty thing this weekend. ight allow myself to go over points tonight and try and get this out of my system - lol.
Old 01-11-2004, 01:33 PM   #32  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Girls,

Well, i won't even go into what i've eaten I'm going to try and do what i did when i lost last time and that is just be on plan Mon-Fri and have anything i fancy at the weekends it did'nt always work through the week but it did at the weekends

Super..i used to have lots of those snack size smarties and stuff in, they're only about 50cals each and great for a snack attack its cool that you can get all those leftovers i'd be scrounging down there all the time.

I've just had 4 slices of Thick Toast slathered in butter as you can see the weekend bit does work and i'll be polishing off the rest of that Toblerone today so that i have no temptations in the house for when i eat 'clean' tomorrow.
Old 01-11-2004, 04:08 PM   #33  
Gym'll fix it!!

Grrrr, i'm just having a cuppa and decided to grab that Toblerone and hubby has beat me to it oh well he's saved me about 1000cals and 60 fat grams i more than made up for it with the 10 Gingersnaps (48cals,1.5g fat each ) so from tomorrow i'm chocolate free and i'm counting on you girls to nag me to stay that way
Old 01-11-2004, 04:31 PM   #34  
Theres no stopping me now

Hello, have been so off plan this weekend I deserve shooting.

I have made the big promise to myself to start again tomorrow, am even going to get up and do some aerobics in the morning. Feel that I look at 8.5 months pregnant at the moment, need to do something about the stomach. I am determined to be a size 16 (UK sizes) before Easter and that will take hard work

Will catch up with everyone again tomorrow
Old 01-11-2004, 06:02 PM   #35  
Must Stay Motivated

Cathy, you will be glad to hear that I am human - lol - I fell off the wagon big time this evening - lol. My sister, best friend and I all went to the video store to choose a DVD. We wanted the Rocky Horror picture show but they didn't have it so we had to choose something else. They had a sale on DVDs too to uy so we had a look round those. All the time we were in there I could smell Dominoes pizza next door. My sister kept on and on about buying a pizza (alright for her the 5 stone little stick - lol). In thend I gave in, ate pizza, garlic bread, wedges, the works.

I figure that if I don't allow myself a treat every now and then I will definitely fail but I feel ready to go back to being good. I am looking forward to exercising too.
Old 01-12-2004, 11:33 AM   #36  

AS long as you enjoyed it super, just pick yourself up dust yourself down and carry on. We are all allowed slip ups every now and again, else we wouldn't be human

I have been on plan today, easy being as how it is only 4:30. But I am so bored. I could have easily chewed my arm off this morning just to pass the time. I have things to do at work but nothing I want to do, sad isn't it. I should have married a millionaire
Old 01-12-2004, 12:16 PM   #37  
Gym'll fix it!!

Super, Welcome to my world and Carol's right it won't hurt once in a while its when it becomes more that it does btw, hubby has a cold and i guess he did'nt feel much like eating yesterday so i got my toblerone back it was in his lunchbox! so i had some last night but there are still 4pcs left and i don't want them today...i want to be an

I'm so glad that we've got our new options back i need to find a pic to put in my profile. Well, today i am going to be GOOD i've got 5 weeks until i leave and if i work really hard i'm sure i can have a stone off by then (only to put it on again at home ) Its weightlifting day for me today and i'm a bit put off because a woman told me that i will probably gain weight because your muscles build up lactic acid or something and i will retain water i don't want the scale to go up..its up far enough

Carol, you'd be bored even if you were married to a millionaire i'm not married to one but i don't work and often get bored and chew my arms AND legs off
Old 01-12-2004, 04:03 PM   #38  
Must Stay Motivated

Just a quickie. Am going to bed now to stop myself eating - lol.

Have been to Weight Watchers tonight. I have no intention of going regularly I just wanted to buy the sweets - lol. I still had to pay the session fee though £5 - high price to pay for low point chocs - lol. Could have ordered from the net but too impatient to wait - lol. Also picked up a bonus buddy (WW pedometer that works out points.)

Have drunk all my water today. Forgot to take my vitamins (am going to take them now) but I have eaten loads of veg etc today.
Old 01-12-2004, 09:57 PM   #39  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Hi girlies...
Have had another bad eating day today. Just gobbled down an orange kit-kat, absolutely scrummy. Vow to be better tomorrow.
Had some bad news yesterday, a friend of J's was killed in a car accident. Only 19 years old. J went into shock and I felt at a loss of what to do. We sat and talked and he cried and has been to see the family tonight. He's very good friends with the younger brother as well as the one who died. I feel so bad for them all, can't even begin to imagine how they most be feeling or coping. The funeral is on Saturday afternoon so it'll be a long week.
Went to the dentist today ( I am not a fan) and had a deep cleaning done on half of my mouth, the clceaning itself wasn't too bad but the numbing injections had me nearly climbing out of the chair. Looked like elephant woman when I came out and ran into a friend outside her house who was in hysterics at me trying to talk to her Feel all back to normal now in the mouth depertment though, enough to eat a kit-kat for sure
SOrry for being glum, will be more cheerful tomorrow.
Hope everyone has a great week. Take care and kiss those you love.
Old 01-13-2004, 02:12 AM   #40  
Must Stay Motivated

Sorry to hear of your bad news. Don't apologise for being glum. Nobody coul dfault you for eating the orange kit kat. In circumstances like yours at the moment I would have emptied the cupboards.
Old 01-13-2004, 07:22 AM   #41  

Unhappy I have blown it.....

I have been really really bad over the last 2 months or so and have managed to put on 12 pounds. Yes. 12.I had put on 5 and not lost them and then put on 7 more up to when I weighed last Monday (05/01).I am so ashamed. I have never ever put on so much and gone so backwards when on a diet.
So yesterday I signed up for eDiets in the hope of getting back on track fast.I know being on bed rest in the hospital cardiac ward just before Christmas did not help but to put on that lot is a complete and unmitigated disaster.I feel so depressed and out of control that I have allowed myself to eat like the preverbial pig or cow
Has anyone got any good news???
Brill that the site has been rescued. Well done to Suzanne for all the hard work and dedication she has.
Old 01-13-2004, 08:08 AM   #42  

Chris sorry to hear about sons friend. Is hard trying to imagine how they must be feelign right now. Well done on going to the dentist, I chickened out of my last appointment, must make one soon.

Hi Teel, I've had some good news. You came back, hurray. two of my colleagues are following Edeits, I did it once but never really had the inclination to stick with it. I gained a stone from November to january if that helps make you feel any better

Best go do some work, that is what they pay me for
Old 01-13-2004, 08:17 AM   #43  

Yo Sal, we are in this together!!! Chris, so sorry to read your news.A hug and love and prayers coming your way fast as possible.Losing friends in an accident or illness is hard to bear at any time of the year, but I think there are worse times to have to deal with grief and bereavement, and I think over Christmas and the New Year is probably the worst time of all.
Old 01-13-2004, 09:12 AM   #44  

Hi Teel,

Nice to see you back. I have seriously been considering E diets - just a bit skint at the moment after christmas! Think that as soon as i get my next pay pack i will subscribe - noticed today that they are doing an Atkins type diet so feel a bit more inclined to shell out as i am low carbing at the moment - am doing really well and have noticed that I am not as tired as i usually am which i think may be down to overloading on carbs - i know that when i eat a lot of bread i always feel really lethargic after.

Tracy
Old 01-13-2004, 02:43 PM   #45  
Gym'll fix it!!

Chris, so sorry to hear about your son's friend that is tragic.

Tracy, i went to the mall yesterday and GNC had loads of Atkins stuff + low carb tortilla chips and Walmart had big boxes of Atkins cookie bars about $40 a box so not cheap if you end up buying a box to try and then don't like them

Hi Teel, you're not on your own i think i gained about 8lbs with a bit of help from Mrs Toblerone, Mrs Black Magic and Miss Pot of Gold alas, all gone and time to get with the program again
Closed Thread