Old 05-30-2006, 01:01 PM   #361  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

ERIN...Thank you for your kind words on my weight loss. I think I might have gained some of them back over this weekend.

TINA...I know exactly what you mean about the small cameras! A couple of them were just too tiny for me; I was afraid I would lose it!

LINDA...I know practice with the camera will make perfect. How do you keep the glare off your glasses in your picture? That has also been a problem I haven't figured out yet.
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 01:16 PM   #362  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Height: 5'2"

Hey ladies, hope everyone had a great weekend. It has taken me a quite a while to catch up on all the posts, so if I miss you in the personals or miss a special victory please for give me. So here goes....................

Shawn, wow twins how sweet. Boys or girls? And I think that chasing the babies and all that walking was quite enough work out for one day. Glad you are back on "plan"

Tirsah and Ryanmi. I am so happy to have new faces joining our group. We have been a little slow here lately looks like its going to pick up.

Linda I love the food facts you have been posting. I am gonna try to get it in gear and try to find some interesting Weight Loss and Exercise Triva to post.

Michelle hope the finger is feeling better. Congrats on the new camera. I love my digital, if it wernt for it I don't think I would have any pics of my kids, I am so bad about getting film developed.

Cheryl I can't wait to see the quilt you are working on, everytime you mention sewing kids on I can't help but think "Hey there if you need more kids I got 4 spare ones" LOL

Tina sounds like you turned yesterday's exercise into a bit of fun and work at the same time. But isn't it nice to be able to think of exercise as fun. I love to jump on our trampoline.

Robsia nice to see you again. You only missed your mini goal by 1 pound thats not too bad. Hope you had a fun weekend and didnt gain anything at all.

Erin Cool for you on resisting temptations over the weekend. It always makes me feel strong when I say no to the foods I shouldnt eat. I wouldn't have a problem saying no to smores though I am not a big fan.

Yeah Lois 3 pounds for the week that is great. Too bad about your monitor. Dont you hate it when someting goes wrong then you have to wait for the company to fix the problem.

On the home front, I had a weekend filled with WAY to many holiday weekend cook-out foods. And said "I will have just a little" to many times. But there was lots of physical activity also(water baloon fights), and I guess that the combination was just right cause when I stepped on the scales this morning it was down 1 more pound . Im not going to move my ticker though, I have decided the one time I did move it during the week is going to be the only time. I will wait for my Sunday Weight In.

Better run for now.
RRVMMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 01:57 PM   #363  

ROBBIN...You should move your ticker down the one pound and then you can add one more happy dance for a 35 pound total!!! You're doing so good girlie!
Old 05-30-2006, 02:51 PM   #364  
rambler

S/C/G: 296/225/170

Boy are we getting busy around here! I am going to have to make a point to view more frequently to be able to keep up! Quick update on me, after my resisting over the weekend, a repeat surgery on the scale (krazy glued it this time!) and 40 mg of lasix(water pill) yesterday, the scale read 264.1 this morning. No jumping up and down just yet, we'll see what tomorrow brings. I know i peed a heck of a lot yesterday and want to see how much of the water weight comes back today. I am still trying to drink a lot of water and with the ungodly heat (i think 96 yesterday and about that today) and horrible humidity i am sweating off any residual water! If I am still down tomorrow I will change the ticker then. Did some bike riding while camping and enjoyed it more than i thought i would. May start doing that some with the kids. My daughter is now out of school and making all kinds of plans for what mommy and daddy shoud do while she is home! We'll see! Mommy has a few plans of her own! Anyway, gotta run time to get ready to grocery shop and i have been up since 3:00 am and am ready to crash now so will find some healthy carbs and trudge on!

Tirzah thanks for the encouragement! the support is wonderful!

Tina Thanks for the congrats! I still can't believe i didn't do it either! No we don't have any Pennington's here in the south, but there are several stores that are in the northern states that we don't have here. I will see if i can find one while i am in pa this summer! Keep going on the exercise you are doing great!

Linda Yeah biscuits are right up my alley, they never seemed to get the done right though so that made it a little easier. I have thought about taking up crocheting or knitting to keep my hands busy but havent put any effort into learing yet. I do have a dulcimer and keep saying i am going to play it instead of eating but lately i just go to bed! Oh yeah and i am working on reversing the jet stream as we speak, think if i go outside and blow real hard that will work??

Lois Here's an ARGHHHHHH!! for you just from me, i know how aggravating problems like that can be! Congrats on the loss girlie that is great!

Michellerp Keep on with the camera and when all else fails break out the destruction manual. I know i have fought with mine forever on getting the color right and glare and all those things. Seems like i get it figurd out and then it all goes screwy again! Of course dropping it on the ceramic floor while i was at the beach probably didn't help!

Robbin Water balloon fights sound like exercise to me!! And a lot of fun, I haven't done anything like that in forever! Seems like it would be a great stress reliever as well! Did you get the AC fixed yet??

Has anyone heard from Lillian lately?? I have been missing her, will try to send a PM later but gotta run now, groceries to buy before i really crash for the day! Ya'll have a good one! Erin
ELEM-PGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 03:05 PM   #365  

ERIN...I have looked through the instruction manual til I'm blue in the face, and I'm just not good at all with technical things! I have seen Liliann's posts in a couple of other places on the board, but it was a few days ago. Great job with the weight loss and I hope it still reads the same numbers when you recheck tomorrow! Have fun grocery shopping, my favorite thing NOT! Also, try to get in a nap!
Old 05-30-2006, 03:20 PM   #366  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Wink

Linda, looks like we're sharing the same weather today. Lots of sun and just enough breeze to make it comfortable. It's 16C here now. I gotta mow the front lawn this afternoon. Yayy! Wow, those food facts are amazing.

Lois, nice to see you! Gosh darn on the computer company! "Weigh" to go on the 3lbs. that's amazing! You're doing so incrediably well.

Tirzah, thanks. I did get a good sweat going and the heart pumping good. Hope you having a good day!

Michelle, that was my concern too. Even the camcorder I was wondering how I would handle it in Hong Kong. Things are so small and delicate that you would think you would never hit the buttons right.

Robbin, yeah...what would be better is that if ALL exercise went that fast and that fun! LOL! Great job getting that scale down even after your weekend of family treats. I agree with Michelle, why not move the ticker?!

Erin, another round of cheers for you!! That scale is beginnng to love you! I understand about being a little conservative and waiting to see if it's water. But it's a victory nonetheless.

I gotta get out and mow the front lawn but I'm dragging my feet about it. hehehe! Keep it the great work ladies! See you later!

~Tina
LadyLai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 03:48 PM   #367  

TINA...Yes, I am having second thoughts. I told my DH that my 35mm camera, which is a Canon, took excellent pictures and it's very easy to handle. Don't have too much fun now mowing the lawn LOL! Do you realize, just 20 more pounds, and you will be under the 200 pound mark?!!!
Old 05-30-2006, 07:01 PM   #368  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Wow . . . can't complain about it being too quiet today . . . wonderful activities going on.

Tirzah . . . Thanks, but I guess I don't think of myself as all that artistic . . . just grew up in an era when 'ladies' did 'busy work'. It definitely helps to keep the hands busy.

Lois . . . Another wowee loss, girl. I really hope your computer is fixed soon. We miss you.

Michelle . . . I really don't know how come I didn't get a glare on my glasses. It's just luck; nothing I did. I think I have an anti-glare coating on my lenses that's supposed to keep me from seeing a glare from lights and stuff; maybe it works going the other way too. Good luck.

Robbin . . . Great job, girl. Obviously your physical activity won out over your little food indulgences. Way to go.

Erin . . . Not sure it'll work but maybe we can set a time and then you pull while I push or something. I love 'busy work'. It is hard to eat and work with your hands at the same time.

Tina . . . get out there an mow, girl. Another great exercise.

Hey gang . . . get moving and shaking tonight. See you soon. Keep up the good stuff.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 09:52 PM   #369  
Michelle

Ughhh...what a day! Only about 90 degrees in Chicago today-and about 80 degrees in my office! Hot in the summer, cold in the winter! You'd think someone would fix that... Of course, **** would have to freeze over first, and all of the planets would have to align...LOL!

Had the "pleasure" (term used loosely) of having my father in town for dinner this evening. He is a real piece of work, and after about 2 hours I am ready for him to GO HOME! Thank GOD he lives out of state and I don't have to deal with him often. I take care of his mother (my grandmother-she's 95) because he can't be bothered-I have been her primary caregiver/support for almost 9 years. She's in a nursing home now and in terrible shape...think while he was in town he'd stop in and at least see her-regardless of whether or not she knows he's there. Nope! Selfish can't be bothered...

Anyway-he's gone, I only had one glass of wine, and an excellent dinner of chicken breast, brown rice, and a few strawberries and pineapple chunks! The best part...LEFTOVERS for me the next couple of days!

Robisa, Lois, and Robbin-thanks so much for the warm welcome! I really do appreciate it and am truly enjoying getting to know everyone! For that matter, thanks to everyone for being so welcoming and accepting!

Thanks Linda, for all the fabulous food facts (is that a triple word score?)...makes you think about things!

Michelle-is that a new picture? Taken with your new camera?? Check you out...pretty slick! And you said you couldn't figure it out...

Cheryl, some women in my office quilt! They belong to some "square of the month" club, where they do a different square each month, and then at the end of the year they have a quilt! It's not for me...I just crochet-and not too well, mind you!

Tina, all I can say is I HATE YARD WORK...so God Bless you for gettin' out there and doing it! Thank God I live in a condo...give me an indoor chore anyday over yard work...must be trauma from my childhood!

Tirzah-Hope your day was fabulous girl...

Forgive me if I forgot anyone...there's always tomorrow...I'm wiped!

Good Night Gals!
ryanmi72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 10:44 PM   #370  
Staying on track!!

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/175

Wow... I just downed 1/2 a 12 oz tub of FF Cool Whip while reading this... I gotta not eat in front of my computer!! That was 6 points!!! Luckily, I've done great all day, so it didn't put me over my daily value...

We had a company lunch today (italian food), and I managed to only eat 1/2 of my lasagna and brought the rest home for DH. Then for dinner, I just had a huge salad... I knew I couldn't have much of a dinner since lunch wasn't so healthy.

I went back to the YMCA today... it's frustrating because it's so late when I get there... was like 8pm tonight.. I tell ya, after picking up the twins, having dinner, getting them bathed & in bed, who wants to work out?? But I figure that's the best time for me to do it is after they go to bed... so off I went! I did 15 mins on the elliptical machine, then some weights and some crunches. I put some new tunes on my Ipod, which REALLY helped ~ it's like I was able to tune out the voices in my head... you know, the ones that think everyone is watching me, wondering why I'm there... Yay for new tunes!

I also grocery shopped after work ~ loaded up on fruits and veggies...

Robbin, my twins are girls... they are such little angels! I see you have 4 kiddos? You've got your hands full, as well!!! We are buying tickets to the Wiggles show tomorrow ~ they're coming thru Dallas in August... LOL.

Michelle ~ sorry to hear about your dad being a jerk. Seems like you handled it well, though ~ a nice glass of wine & meal to unwind with... stress always brings out our urge to "eat the pain away"... but you handled it with grace! Good job!

Wow! There are alot of new faces... hopefully I can start remembering who's who soon!
shyla2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 10:53 PM   #371  

Hi Ladies...Just a quick check-in before I got to bed, have to be up with the birds in the morning. Wasn't a good day for me, I tore my quilt while working on it. Spent most of the afternoon fixing it, but now I need to embroider a flower or some thing to cover up the slight tear in the kids face and near her shoulder. Good thing there was nothing in the house I wanted to eat, cause I would of had a good time grazing.

Robbin...I've talked twice to Liliann, she is hanging in there.

Well gals, I'll be back tomorrow and do personals, but heading to bed before I fall asleep here. Have a good one!

Cheryl
Cheryl120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 10:57 PM   #372  
Staying on track!!

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl120
Hi Ladies...Just a quick check-in before I got to bed, have to be up with the birds in the morning. Wasn't a good day for me, I tore my quilt while working on it. Spent most of the afternoon fixing it, but now I need to embroider a flower or some thing to cover up the slight tear in the kids face and near her shoulder. Good thing there was nothing in the house I wanted to eat, cause I would of had a good time grazing.
Oh no Cheryl!! That sounds just awful ~ like if I was to spill something on my scrapbook pages ~ I would be just devastated! Glad you got thru it, without binging on junk... I'm sure it will still be beautiful when you finish!
shyla2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 12:24 AM   #373  

RYANMI...I'm experimenting with my new camera, so my picture might change once in awhile. I was going to take it back because I was so frustrated, but I'm slowly figuring things out now.

CHERYL...I am SO sorry about your quilt! You have been working so hard on it!
Old 05-31-2006, 07:20 AM   #374  
rambler

S/C/G: 296/225/170

Okay girlies listening to CeCe Winans Hallelujiah Praise and Jamming just a little, can you feel the vibe!!! Yes i am in a frightfully good mood today!! Scale stayed almost the same at 264.3 and as if that was not enough I made it 15 min on the elliptical this morning (1.8 miles)!!! Mind you I started out at 4 min and thought I would die doing that!!! I know it is not polite to brag but I am just so excited I can't stand myself!! So forgive the impoliteness, PLEASE!

I hope all of you are having a good day whether that means losses or just happiness over being alive! Yeah I see some of you sticking your tongues out at the computer and i promise that has been and will be me at some point! But boy it feels good to be happy!

Michelle Yes I hate shopping especially with both kids with me who think that going in a store means they get something. i have never been the type to buy something for the to keep them quiet but i did it yesterday and unfortunatley (i think) it worked. Did you cut your hair or just have it pulled back in the new pic? Glad to hear you are getting a grip on the new camera, as frustrated as i get with mine, it is nice to see the pics right away and to be able to easily email to family!

Tina You are the yard Queen!! I have got to get into my front flower bed and just can't bring myself to tackle the job, have to dig up lava rock and weeds and fill in with something else. By the way, i think i have caught the exercise bug! Scariness, did you feel the earth move up there?

Ryanmi Nothing worse than having to parent a parent!! I hate that your dad seems so unconcerned, parents should know better shouldn't they! Good job with the chicken and fruit, sounds pretty good!

Shawn Yes mindless eating can get you in a lot of trouble, i have down many a half gallon of ice cream in front of the TV when i was just going to have a couple of spoonfuls!! I have a generic MP3 player and love it! It is the best to "tune out" the world for a while, plus beats radio and obnoxious DJ's. I really admire you for going to the gym after the kids are in bed, that is usually when i completely crash!

OOOH CeCe is singing again sorry i digress!

Cheryl I can only imagine how frustrating it must be to do something like that! I am sure you will fix it and no one will ever be the wiser! excellent job though on not eating your frustration away! Don't know that i could have done that!

Well guys i have rambled enough for one entry! Again I hope all of you have a fantastic day! Erin
ELEM-PGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 08:09 AM   #375  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Morning ladies. Just dropping in to say hello.

It is so hot and humid here. I fear I am melting. I hope to get an AC for my living room this weekend so that I can start exercising again. It is way to hot to even attempt it without the AC, I'd probably pass out.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote